Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour ~ Open ~ (Now Hiring) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:21 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxIce Cream Parlor
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAimee, Victoria
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNervous
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ι'м м e - мe в e - godd a м n - ι a м xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι c a n - ѕιng a n d - нear м e - ĸnow м e xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ιғ yoυ w a n т тo deѕтroy мy ѕ w e a т e r xxxxxx
                                                          jυѕт p υ l l тнιѕ т н r e a d aѕ ι walĸ a w a y xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceColin gave Aimee an odd look when she said she'd 'explain everything,' not having the slightest clue what she needed to explain. A bad feeling settled in his gut; he'd thought they were just meeting to hang out. He hadn't thought there was an explanation that needed to be made. The blonde struggled to hide his discomfort, trying to dispel the notion that something was wrong. Aimee didn't seem like she was unhappy to see him, or like something was bothering her. That meant everything was fine, right? Maybe she just had a specific plan for what they were all going to do today, and was going to explain that? Totally possible. Totally. Except he couldn't quite making himself believe it.

spaceThe idea that she didn't even know who all was coming was also concerning. If she could've said with certainty, 'it'll just be the five of us,' that would've been fine. But just because they were the only ones who'd responded didn't mean they were the only ones going to show. His body felt rigid in his seat, hand grabbing the edge of the table. "Who all did you invite?" he asked, voice a pitch higher than he would've liked. Caty arrived before she could answer, though, and he wasn't sure if that helped, or made things worse. On the one hand, the two girls would probably talk and provide a distraction from his anxiety. On the other hand, he never knew how much energy the pair of them together were going to drain. At least Caty seemed to be in a good mood, he thought. And her hair did look nice. He echoed Aimee's sentiments, quietly stating, "You make a cute blonde," blushing at the choice of phrasing. He didn't mean it in a weird way or anything, he just thought the hair color was flattering-

spaceLuckily, Brandon arrived in time to save him from his internal freakout. The Gryffindor sat next to him, earning a thankful and relieved expression from Colin. He offered a quiet greeting, then turned towards Aimee as she started to speak. Her apology was rather similar to the one Di had given him at the start of the last school year, and he felt his gut twist. What was he doing that kept making his friends think they needed to apologize to him about something like that? He thought he did a pretty good job of keeping it to himself that he was bothered at all, but apparently not, if not one, but two of his friends, had noticed it.

spaceHe swallowed uncomfortably, thankful for the fact that she didn't linger too long on the issue, instead offering a brief explanation regarding her sister. Honestly, Colin didn't know what to think of that, since it wasn't like he'd known that much about her family to begin with. He hadn't even thought her having a younger sister was news, but apparently he'd been wrong. He knew her homelife and family situation was... odd, to say the least, but he'd never been privy to the details. And now, of course, he felt even worse, because he'd been friends with Aimee since they were first years, he probably should've already known something like that. His hands slipped into his lap, fingers nervously picking at his nails. There was hangnail on his left pinky. The blonde knew it was probably not a great idea, but he found his attention focusing on that, and on how annoying it was, to distract himself from the nerves bubbling over him. Aimee and Di thought they were bad friends, but they weren't, obviously he was the bad friend... he brought his pinky to his teeth, trying to bite away the hangnail. It needed to go. It was annoying. Messing with it was making it hurt more than it was solving anything, but it was enough of a distraction that he wasn't panicking, so that was all that really mattered.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx oн n o - ιт g o - ιт g o n e - вye-в y e
                                                          xxxxxx wнo ι - ι т н ι n ĸ - ι ѕ ι n ĸ - and ι d ι e
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ιғ yoυ w a n т тo deѕтroy мy ѕ w e a т e r
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx jυѕт p υ l l тнιѕ т н r e a d aѕ ι walĸ a w a y

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

Yukina101

Vampire Toy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:58 pm
Here comes a thought that might alarm me
What someone said and how it harmed me
Something I did that failed to be charming
Things that I said are suddenly swarming
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

αɢє 15 | αʠʌɇиτυɹɇя | sℓчтнєяιи ғιғтн чєαя

☆º°”˜`”°º☆ ★º°”˜`”°º★

ﻬஐCaty's grin widened as her bestie called her by her nickname, which was something she actually hadn't done in a while if she was remembering clearly, and was doubly happy that all of her friends seemed to react positively towards her new look. Or mainly just her hair. She giggled mainly at Colin for his choice of words knowing he didn't mean it the way it came out but gave him a "thank you" just as well. Plus of course a heartier one to Victoria who was about the most adorable little person she'd ever met, other than she supposed her own cousins(?) who were adorable in their own rights as well as familial obligation. Plus they were redheads and who didn't love redheads?! Once everyone who could come had come, Aimee started in on why she had invited them all there and her brow furrowed as she listened to her friend apologize for being absent and a bad friend. If there was anyone who was supposed to apologize it was her! Aimee at least had her reasons; she didn't know the exact logistics of her previous home life but she knew enough to know that her mother could die in a fire for all she cared and of course there was that giant c**k ******** that was her...past to say the least. Calling him her "ex" was like implying he had done some sort of good in their relationship and to her the only good he had done was getting his face smashed in by Leon. Caty felt that she was scowling a bit, she did that when thinking of that disease riddled cocksucker, and masked her face back to pleasant as Aimee went on to explain how Victoria came to be with her family. She was just happy the little girl seemed to not be affected by whatever had affected her big sister, though she felt sort of bad that she had to think that way.

"I feel like I should apologize next." The Slytherin teen offered apprehensively as her fingers drew lazy circles on the table. "I know I've been a bit...off these past few years, I know it, you know it, I'm pretty sure the entire school thinks I'm absolutely cracked." she chuckled deprecatingly. "But I've been getting help for it and, and it's a lot better than it was so I just feel like I should thank you guys for um, putting up with me. I'm sorry I put you through it first of all but like, thanks for not running for the hills like others would've done. Especially you two," Caty looked over at the only males in the group with a sad sorry smile. "I feel like I've completely abandoned you two even though I've seen and talked with you almost every day or so in class or see you on the Quidditch pitch and I've felt like the worst person for not actively seeking you guys out but, but you guys stayed right where I could find you. Even through my worse mood patterns. So thanks. I don't know what it is yet, but I'm going to make sure your Yule gifts are fantastic! Though, I'm not trying to buy your friendship or anything! Maybe more like rewarding? Without it seeming too uh, pet training-y?" she ended unhelpfully with a sheepish shrug and matching smile. Di was of course included in the apology/thanks since her friend had actually tried to keep contact with her whilst she rode on her crazy train. Nike too for that matter. Gods she had a lot of making up to do.

She noticed Colin messing with one of his fingers and wondered if it was a nervous tick like Rhys had and wanted to pull his hand away before he made it bled but kept her distance. Out of everyone she was sure her mood epidemic had rocked Colin the most; he could barely stand after dealing with her an hour, she couldn't comprehend how he held on for nearly two years between total mania and disheartening depression. She didn't totally understand half of what he talked about when it came to robotics and science and stuff, but she thought she could at least maybe barter with that weird older student who knew about it. Or maybe with her prefect friend since she seemed reasonable at least. ஐﻬ

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And, oh, I'm losing sight, I'm losing touch
All these little things seem to matter so much
That they confuse me
That I might lose me

Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:52 pm
                                            Never made it as a wise man
                                            I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
                                            Tired of living like a blind man
                                            I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling
                                            And this is how you remind me...
                                            This is how you remind me of what I really am!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 𝔊𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔢𝔱 𝔉𝔢𝔩𝔡𝔰𝔭𝔞𝔯 𝔐𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔯ix
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌

Fourth Year SlytherinPurebloodGardenerxxxxxxx

「 Summer 2037 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Garnet's summer was less than thrilling, as he expected. He has a private therapy session every week, and his grandmother and Uncle Paz basically told him the same thing: "I understand that it's horrible for someone to say that to your mother, but beating him up will only make the whole scenario worse." His mother, on the other hand, it was the same thing but she also told him this: "Don't mind them about what they say about me, because I took those with a grain of salt, and you know me better than anyone else." Honestly? Garnet knew his mother would always say that, but he was very sure that she was just as hurt as he when being accused as "crazy." Psh, his mam was just good at hiding things from him, especially about what she really felt, he was sure of it. Garnet wasn't that stupid, adults always do that around youngsters like him.

Now, he was being tagged along with Uncle Lazuli. Garnet liked him, just a bit, mainly because they felt some kinship with each other. But on the other hand, he was a bit jealous that Laz was able to handle things better than him- and Garnet just wished that he could just do the same like him.

"Voulez-vous rester dans Floreans pour le moment, alors que je reçois le reste?" Lazuli asked out of concern, after noticing how less thrilled Garnet was throughout the whole trip. Throughout, Garnet felt that some familiar Hogwarts students who were in the same room were as if they were being distant at him. Maybe that was just his mind, but he lacked the ability to be always optimistic in an everyday life.

"Wait. Tu vas bien avec ça?" Garnet asked, feeling that he was bothering his uncle's time. But then, he was a bit hard to read at times.

The young man's face soften a bit, "Well, yeah. Je sais comment donner aux gens une haleine fraîche, alors..." There was an awkward silence between uncle and nephew, "Ne vous inquiétez pas, nous allons rentrer à la maison en un rien de temps."

Garnet sighed and just nodded as the two headed to the Ice Cream Parlor, since the summer in London was getting too warm anyway despite his sleeves being rolled up- and he didn't even wear arm warmers anymore. They talked for a while, then Lazuli gave him enough money to buy any dessert he liked before getting off from his seat.

"Je reviendrai ici, d'accord?"

"D'accord. plus tard, oncle" Garnet stiffly replied as he watched the dark-haired man go out, with his left cheek resting on his left palm as he looked over the menu. Honestly, he wasn't really in the mood to decide what to order and swore that he should've just told Lazuli to order whatever.

« with [Lazuli] at [Ice Cream Parlor] »
                                            « [single] »

PROFILEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx« Out.Of.Character »xxxxx
                                            Lazuli: "Do you want to stay in Floreans for now while I get the rest?"

Garnet: "Wait. You're okay with that?"

L: "Well, yeah, I know how to give people a fresh breath, so..." "Don't worry, we'll get home in no time."

L: "I'll come back here, alright?"

G: "Okay. Later, Uncle"

It's not like you to say sorry.
                                            I was waiting on a different story.
                                            This time I'm mistaken-
                                            For handing you a heart worth breaking!
                                            And I've been wrong, I've been down.
                                            Been to the bottom of every bottle!
                                            These five words in my head-
                                            Scream, "Are we having fun yet?"

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:19 pm
You never doubted it, you're so proud of it,
You straight shouted it, there's no doubt of it!
You couldn't care less, you love goodness,
You think it's endless, endless, endless-
You think it's gotta diss, it doesn't bother us,
No, nobody know never knew about it!

User Image
T R E V A
A N N E S T
W A R L O W

slytherin │ third year │ halfblood

Treva was technically supposed to be helping Mad pick out his school things and preventing him from brutally murdering Wncwl Edric in public, since the man was always around. Always around and hitting on their mother, which was so freaking disgusting that Treva couldn't even put it into words. Who the hell flirted with their dead brother's wife? But if she said anything, it would get dismissed as 'oh, Eddie's just a flirt, that's how he's always been' and 'think of how much he's done for this family'. Right. Anti Nerys and Wncwl Roddy were the ones who'd gotten Mam back on her feet and made them all start going to therapy. Which Treva hated, but if she didn't go it'd be worse, so she mostly went and doodled on her shorts with a pen while pretending to listen.

But she'd underestimated her tolerance for her condescending, sleazy uncle and her obnoxious, ridiculously aggressive brother, and combined it was too much for even the Mighty Treva to handle. So she'd ditched their bickering arses in the apothecary to 'get some air' and instead skipped off here. She had just enough pocket money for an ice cream, so that was what she was doing. Lurking inside here where it was cool and reasonably quiet, even with tons of people with little kids coming in and out, until the owners booted her out. She could always floo home from the Leaky Cauldron. And who should she see in line but her dear housemate?

Treva didn't really know Garnet Mortemer all that well. She knew he was quiet, especially in a house full of whiny s**t-talkers, and was friends with a couple of Gryffindors. And that he had a temper, although not like, Leon McGregor or Mad levels, but that he'd beat the s**t out of Peter Whyte for talking about his mum. So. There was that. She figured anyone who wasn't afraid to get in trouble for pummeling Whyte, that smarmy rat, into the floor, was probably someone she should make the acquaintance of, or at least attempt to stay on the good side of, and so she moseyed up beside the older boy, committing herself to at least a few minutes of conversation and/or flirting. Besides, Tucker had dumped her right before the end of the year because she was 'immature and attention-seeking', which was true, but like, he'd known what he was getting himself into. Arsehole.

"Bonjour," she said, in quite possibly the worst French accent of all time. "How's it going, Gar? Was that like, your uncle? You getting your school stuff? That time of year, I guess. Yep. I was with my uh... dirtbag uncle and my s**t brother, but I left them. Ice cream was calling for me. Like a siren. I'm thinking black raspberry chocolate. What about you?" Bloke really did have Resting b***h Face, so it was pretty hard to read him, and Treva prided herself on her people skills. Aha. Justttttt kidding.

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

And in the spotlight, you get to sit tight,
Set, set that crown on the ground and-
You need to know how, to say you'll backtrack,
Between the clear bag, somewhere in your habitat!
You have a little thing, you think you're bothering,
The class is ending, ending, ending!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:00 am

「 Summer 2037 」

Garnet, being at loss for being unable to pick a god-forsaken order after two minutes, folded his arms on the the tabletop and buried his face with it. Dear Merlin, because he was damn sure that everyone, even the least decisive people on earth, can pick one in at less than forty seconds. Fortunately, the person working at the parlor wasn't the type to pester people like "Hey, do you have an order now?" because Garnet might internally scream bloody murder and quietly walk out of the place. But on the other hand, he'll get lost in the crowded alley and Oncle Laz will tell his three family authority figures, then he'll be equally getting a earful from them. Oncle Topaz wasn't even trying to be a father-figure, because Garnet was sure that the not-so old man had other plans in mind, including seeing someone- Ani Whatshisface. Either way? He didn't care.

A voice, carrying a terrible delivery of a French greeting, made Garnet turn his head. It took him a while to recognize her- then a certain moody metamorphagus came to mind. Last time he remember, she was sporting this particular shade of purple, not that it was a big deal. Though, Garnet can think that she would've qualified as a ghastly being if it wasn't for the green hair. "Um. Salut?" The young Slytherin greeted her, still a bit caught off-guard from her suddenly talking to him as if they're close. Lucy, Alec, and Rich were okay because he hang out with them alot, but he was yet to figure why she wanted to talk to him after that rumor-mill about him and Peter.

Her long string of words was the reason why he didn't reply imeediate because he was trying to register what she was asking. Lifting his head from his arms and sitting a bit straighter, he finally replied nonchalantly, "How I'm doing? I'm good. Ecstatic, as you can tell." Okay, he wished he had a better way to answer that without being dry and sarcastic, but he wasn't in the mood to do the usual think-before-you-speak tactic in that part. But, he can try if situation calls for it. "But yes, that's my Oncle Lazuli. He's an optimistic one." The opposite of optimism, anyway, Oncle Laz was a bit cynical even though he was generally a good-natured person. "That's also kind of nice of you to ditch them like that, are you sure they'll be alright? My oncle just told me to stay here for a while, for me to 'get a fresh breath' or whatever. But no, I still haven't decided what to get. Probably a sundae, I guess." He shrugged nonchalantly, then he looked at her with a questioning look, "Aside from ice cream, what brings you here in my presence? Because I don't see myself as a magnetic person."

« with [Treva] at [Ice Cream Parlor] »
                                            « [single] »

- - -

This time I'm mistaken-

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:17 pm

User Image
T R E V A
A N N E S T
W A R L O W

Treva smirked at his sarcastic response, although she figured he wasn't really annoyed with her, just in general, for whatever reason. She wasn't exactly all sunshine and daisies herself, but she'd never seen anyone with this much of an attitude when there was ice cream to be had. She was still enough of a kid to brighten up at the thought of sugary sweetness in icy form. "Lazuli?" She tried and failed not to snicker a little at the name, before composing herself and coughing a bit. "Hm. Yeah, he seemed like it."

He then asked, sarcastically or not, whether her brother and uncle would be alright without her, and Treva rolled her currently emerald green eyes. "Gods, no, I hope they're currently duking it out in the middle of the apothecary. Serves them both right for being so bloody annoying. Besides, I'm not a nice person," she grinned wickedly, although she couldn't keep it up too long without giggling. Even if he wasn't very receptive to her admittedly less than stellar flirting attempts, it was kind of fun to needle him a little, albeit cautiously. She didn't want to get punched out before she even got her ice cream, after all.

Garnet then asked her why she was talking to him, and Treva squeaked her sandals on the cheery tiled floor with a shrug. "Don't see anyone else I know in here, and besides we're housemates, right? I like to know the people I'll be forced to spend the next four years around. Don't be so hard on yourself- you're pretty notorious, for the time being, anyways. Embrace it!" She outlined a fake title in the air. "Garnet Mortemer, Offical Ravenclaw Arse Kicker. You're a legend, mate. Unnnntil the next fight, anyways." Rumors tended to come and go like flies in Hogwarts. Sooner or later there'd be something else for people to whisper about, and everyone would forget all about it, unless he started making a habit out of beating people up. Although, if he was taking money for hits...

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:01 am

「 Summer 2037 」

Garnet just sighed in unamusement when she was snickering about his uncle's name. See? This was exactly the reason why Oncle Lazuli mainly went by "Laz." Geez, one of these days, Garnet won't name his future descendants directly after a piece of useless rock. "There's a reason why he mainly goes by Laz nowadays. My late grand-pere doesn't think straight when it comes to giving names to babies." Yep, he has no qualms in talking s**t about his dirtbag grandfather these days- because he was dead. Well... even if technically, his father was the one who killed Grandpa Agate. Still, serves him right for being a total a*****e that even Uncle Topaz barely stayed at home back when he was alive.

He then let out a faint snicker when the girl bluntly tell him that she hoped they were duking out each other in the apothecary, which was probably the most amusement that came out from him over the summer. The fact that she straight-up told him that she's not a nice person was slightly amusing of her, "Heh, at least you're honest about it." Though, her giggle was a bit annoying to him, but he'll live. It may pass like a clogged water sink but he'll still live. "Treva, is it? What's up with the green hair? I mean- it's okay but last time I saw you, it was purple." Garnet asked curiously, not knowing a lot about how metamorphagi's abilities work for them. It's not everyday you meet someone like them, after all.

When Treva answered, saying that she'd like to know people whom she was forced to share a common room with, Garnet's olive green eyes stared at his ring worn in his middle finger, twisting it around as he contemplated. Actually, he was yet to ever make a friend who was in Slytherin because almost all of his friends were Gryffindor. Sure, he liked being in his mother's house, he really was- but his housemates? Not so much, and there's no way he's going near to Phoebe if he didn't want to get into trouble with her. Or Rory, for that matter. "That's fair, but then I don't think my yearmates in Slytherin are... sociable to start with, but then, I can't talk."

However, he frowned as he didn't take being "notorious" as a compliment no matter how Treva tried to make it look like it's a good thing. Ah, yes, beating up someone then having to spend possibly the rest of his life with a mind healer was wonderful. Do people realize that he wasn't proud of it. "I'm going to be honest, but I find it surprising that you're happy the fact that I actually beat the lights out of my classmate. Isn't that supposedly to be scary or something? Because I'm sure my reputation right now is a 'Potential Nutcase' to people rather than a so-called 'Legend.'" Sure, Peter was gobshite trash with his attitude, but that didn't mean Garnet punching him was a logical reaction. That's him losing his s**t to the point that logic was no longer applicable. "I'd also like to add that I'm just being realistic, but suit yourself as you wish if you can stand me, I guess." He shrugged nonchalantly as he then proceeded to order a chocolate-and-vanilla sundae. It wasn't even his favorite flavor of ice cream, but did he want to stay in this place for nothing? No, he did not.

« [single] »

- - -

This time I'm mistaken-

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:09 pm

User Image
T R E V A
A N N E S T
W A R L O W

Treva shrugged. "D'you know how many times people have called me Trevor?" No need to mention that a number of those times had been because she had in fact morphed into a boy. She had less interest in it now that she actually had, you know, boobs. Those were pretty cool. "I've got a cousin named Manon, for chrissake. It sounds like the villain in a cartoon show. Your family doesn't have a monopoly on bad names." To be fair, Manon was a little creep, so that sort of made sense. But still.

Pleased with herself for having coaxed a laugh out of him, faint that it might be, she arched a green eyebrow at his next question. "First off, you might be in the year above, but we've been in the same house for the past three years, and you still don't know my name? I thought I was more renowned than that. Or at least reviled," she grinned, before deigning to actually answer his question. "I'm gonna assume you can put two and two together enough to get that I'm a metamorphmagus, but I don't really control the hair color- not all the time anyways," Treva waved a hand vaguely. "That'd be exhausting. Right now I'm in a pretty good mood, and when I'm in a good mood, I tend to get a little bit green." She did not mention what purple meant, not about to get into that pile of steaming s**t with someone she'd barely talked to up until right about now.

She snorted at the mention of his fellow Slytherin fourth years. "I'm friends with Bee and Flick, and Murdoch and Leon keep to themselves, so I couldn't tell you." Now probably wasn't the time to mention that she'd found, and to a certain degree still found, Murdoch cute as hell, but she was also pretty sure he preferred blokes. The best ones always did. "Least you're not in my year. Adair's annoying, Devereux is... every inch a Julius, and Hawkthorne tiptoes around like a ghost." She'd really lost out when it came to interesting housemates, at least in her year. Then again, the last time Slytherin had probably been really exciting was when half of the people in it had Death Eaters for parents, so...

"Happy?" Treva widened her eyes in mock innocence. "No, I'm not happy, I'm thrilled. Everyone wants to beat up on Whyte, so it's not like it was this huge shock to find out. He's a complete moron, and worse, he never shuts up about how he's actually not a complete moron. Even if you'd just jumped him for no reason, people would still be pretty bloody well pleased with you. Besides, no offense, but you don't look very scary," she smirked. He did have a bit of a baby face, and despite the clothes, the floppy hair and big green eyes weren't helping much. She ordered her cone, and waited impatiently beside him at the counter, drumming her fingers restlessly.

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:16 pm

「 Summer 2037 」

Garnet just huffed and replied to her when Treva pointed out that his family don't seem to have bad choices of names, "Maybe. My middle name is Feldspar, which is also a rock. My grand-pere, on the other hand, is named Agate- and then there's my uncle Topaz, except that wasn't so bad." The others were Jasper (his dad) and his late aunt Beryl- those names don't really seemed to be bad. But then, he guessed that there's a bad choices of middle names, at least no one cared about that part. Esmeralda was named Esmeralda probably because her late mum insisted on doing something "unique", even it's really just a translation to start with.

"Well, I mean.... I did just say your name correctly, right?" Garnet raised an eyebrow when she seemed to be in school about how he "didn't know her." Honestly, he didn't appear a lot in Slytherin's common room that much, because he usually did his studies in the garden or the library. He did envy her just a little for being in a good mood, because he was in a sour mood throughout the summer so far. "That's nice, did something happened that makes you feel green or something? If I'm allowed to ask?"

He blinked in surprised when being informed that Treva was friends with who he assumed to be Phoebe and Flick, but on the other hand it kind of made sense- since Treva looked like someone to befriend intimidating people. "Bee? Phoebe Davenport? But she's that one classmate who might make your life miserable if you made a wrong move at her. And there's no way I'm going to Murdoch if I don't want to get hexed on the face, he probably doesn't even want to talk to me or something." In a nutshell, Garnet thought that his housemates were really hard to approach, including Flick who looked like she was going to punch someone right on the face. He did coaxed a chuckle when she mentioned a certain Devereux, since while he knew Julius fairly enough beyond being Rich's cousin, he did seemed to be uptight. "Pfft, I see you've talk to Julius. Yeah, I do think that he can be a bit uptight- my friend Rich, his cousin, weren't that close to start with." Richard wasn't at least into self-deceiving or anything like that, but he did seemed to be a bit too laid-back.

Garnet stared at Treva as he quietly listened to her, was she trying to make him feel less bad about the incident or something. Maybe, unless she was being bad influence and wanted him to get into trouble more. His expression was hard to stay in one position, not sure whether to believe her and not. Also, he wasn't sure whether to smile or scowl, too. Though to be fair, Lucy and Alec did hate that guy. "True, and he really likes to make people miserable by pressing their buttons- then tries to convince himself that he's the good guy." He clenched his fist briefly, until he reminded himself and just took a deep sigh, "But, I dunno... I'm really not idealistic enough to think that people are happy about that. Di, that prefect, even told me that I could've just walked away- but I kind of think that some would do the same thing so. But..." He paused, then slowly smiled when Treva commented abut how he didn't look very scary, which was probably a compliment in his standards, "Are you sure I'm not scary? I mean, it's kind of nice to hear that, me not being scary and all. I mean, my growth spurt did made me look a bit... imposing, that and the fact that I don't talk a lot aside from my friends." Sure, Treva might not be a nice person like she claimed, but he had to be sure that hopefully, she wasn't the lying kind.

« [single] »

- - -

This time I'm mistaken-

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:27 pm

User Image
T R E V A
A N N E S T
W A R L O W

Treva raised an eyebrow and looked like she was about to laugh again when Garnet revealed his middle name, but supposed Annest wasn't much better, after all. "My taid is named Cynog, so that's almost as bad," she snorted. Her grandfather was alright... when he wasn't sticking his nose into everyone's business. Besides, Di had always been his favorite, probably because she was the eldest grandchild. Whatever. He had to live with Manon and Lewys, Wnwcl Roddy and Anti Prydwen's brats, so he got what he deserved. She much preferred her grandmother, even if she was nothing like her, aside from them both being metamorphmagi. She had her to thank for that.

When he asked what had made her feel green, she shrugged. "Ice cream? It's kind of my resting color, too- although sometimes that's more whiteish grey. I dunno. It's complicated, and I don't really care what colors I am, so long as my hair's not brown." Treva's 'natural color', or as close as she got to having a natural color, was in fact dark brown, almost black. But she only revealed that when she actually couldn't morph- and that was only when she was in shock, caught completely off guard, asleep or unconscious, ill, or injured.

She wasn't angry all the time anymore, so there was that. Even if she might still be very resentful. Treva laughed at his description of Phoebe and shook her head at the reference to Julius and his older cousin. "His parents betrothed him to some third year over the winter break. Freaks. My family doesn't do that anymore, since the only match that really worked was Rodric and Prydwen. And that's only because they're both insane." She figured she'd just laugh in the face of whomever attempt to set her up with someone like that, but apparently some people were into it. Again, freaks, and not the good kind.

Their orders both came back, and Treva scrounged around in her pockets in order to come up with correct, slightly stained, change to pay, before stalking over to a nearby table and slouching their, obviously expecting to continue the conversation. "Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with Whyte picking fights 24/7, but he should at least be able to take it if he's going to dish it," she snorted, before giving her cone an experimental lick. Hopefully it wouldn't smear her vivid lip gloss. Garnet looked pretty pissed just at the mention of him, though, so she didn't linger on the subject long. "That 'prefect Di' is my older sister," she pointed out blandly. "But that sounds like her. Always the peacemaker." Even if she'd heard through the grapevine that Di had finally hauled off and slapped ol' Mordred, thank Morgana.

In spite of herself, she genuinely blushed at the slow smile that crept onto his face when he heard her say he didn't look very scary. It was dumb and all, but Garnet did have a nice grin, and to her dismay, a few threads of pink wove their way through her dark green curls. "Yeah, you're tall and all, and you look like you want to murder someone half the time, but you don't scare me," Treva grinned back around her ice cream, eyes lightening in color a little. "Sides, there's nothing wrong with a little intimidation, least not in my books."

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:18 am

Fourth Year SlytherinPurebloodGardenerxxxx

「 Summer 2037 」

Garnet really wanted to say that he pitied her grandfather's childhood, carrying that name, but that seemed to be a rude thing to say to start. So, he just quietly listened to her as he tried not to show any sign of amusement (and failing). That made him feel a little bit grateful that his family name choices weren't that bad, though he might insist on at least giving real middle names. Even if it's just 'Joan' or whatever. If he had the choice to change his middle name, Garnet would, no matter how petty he was being for thinking. But hey, it's his choice.

He didn't look surprised when Treva expressed her dismay at Julius being betrothed at such a young age. The thought of a Mortemer being betrothed to anyone was hilarious at best, and even if they did get a significant other- people would question said lover's sanity. Oh well, at least Garnet won't have to be worried in being betrothed by a snooty pureblood girl or worse- a wimp. "My family can't do betrothed stuff, but at least I won't have to worry about that. I don't like the concept that I have to get married after graduating to Hogwarts, that's like adulting too fast."

Getting his sundae and giving the exact payment, Garnet followed Treva before contributing her two knuts about Whyte. Actually, yeah, he should. Going to the subject about Di and Treva being sisters, the latter didn't seem to be close with the former. "Sisters, huh? That's... interesting." Treva looked like she was leaning on the chaotic side, meanwhile Di was on the whole order thing. She reminded him of his mother sometimes as far as he could tell. Then again, she did dealt with Peter a bit harshly so... there's that.

Garnet definitely noticed from pink strands on her hair, but he tried not to blink and pretended he didn't notice that. Otherwise, he was sure that she miiiight protest that he didn't see anything. That blush was really uncalled for, though. "You may not be a nice person," he started to speak, still smiling genuinely, "But, you do seem to be the honest kind. That's kind of nice to hear that from you, Treva." Well, after all, she at least didn't pretend that she's the sunshine and rainbows. But on the other hand it's nice to have the feeling that he wasn't scary, because he did recall Lydia looking sheepish when they first met in the Music Club. Eating his sundae, he felt a bit at ease now than hours ago. Well, sure, he was still miserable and all but... maybe he could afford to have a five-minute break. He was allowed to do that, right?

« [single] »

- - -

This time I'm mistaken-

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:09 pm

User Image
T R E V A
A N N E S T
W A R L O W

Treva snorted at his neutral response to her and Di being sisters. "Half-sisters. We have different mams. Her's is dead," she said somewhat blandly, and wanted to add, 'and mine hates me', but refrained. No need to scare him off this early. He then went on to refer to her as honest, which caused her to choke on her ice cream in a mixture of surprise, amusement, and vague horror. She couldn't have it going around that she was in any way trustworthy or decent, now could she? She had an image to uphold, after all. Eventually she managed to stop coughing and sputtering, and gestured with her cone at him. "I guess I'm just honest to people I like." That had been a bit impulsive, even for her, and her blush wasn't fading anytime soon, but oh well. Let him have to deal with the awkwardness brought on by that statement. She was determined to be as shameless as possible. Besides, this ice cream was really good.

OOC:
Jade Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:38 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

SIXTHxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxPREFECTxxxxxxBEATER

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Rey pushed her way through the crowd towards the ice cream parlour, cursing her shorter stature all the way. That was another reason to look forward to finishing Hogwarts: being able to visit Diagon Alley outside of the summer and avoid the school-shopping crowd. While she too had come here on a supply run, along with her parents and cousins, she'd insisted on doing her own shopping, especially since she'd made plans to meet up with Gavin today too.

Stepping into the threshold, Rey looked around to see a few patrons, but no sign of Gavin yet; apparently she was the first to arrive and glancing down at her watch, it seemed that she was a few minutes early. She pulled out a seat herself at one of the empty tables to wait, gazing almost lazily through the window at the street. Gavin and her hadn't spent nearly as much time together during school as she'd liked, she greatly enjoyed it whenever they did and she'd been looking forward to seeing him again; she appreciated his company and spending time with him was never a bore.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          a txxFlorean Fortescue’sxxxxxw i t hxxno one yet
                                                          f e e l i n gxxeagerxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:00 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxIce Cream Parlor
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxWaiting for Tiernan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConcerned
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

тнєу ¢αℓℓ мє α мєиα¢є тнєу ѕαу тнαт ι'м ¢υяѕє∂xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          вυт ѕσмєтнιи' αвσυт мє ιѕ мαкιи' 'єм נєαℓσυѕxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕσ ℓιѕтєи αи∂ ℓєαяи ι нєя∂ 'єм ℓιкє ¢αттℓєxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ¢αυѕє ι'м ѕυяяσυи∂є∂ ву ¢σωαя∂ѕ αи∂xxxxxx
                                                          ι ∂σи'т gινє α fυ¢к ωнєи ι ωαℓк ιитσ вαттℓєxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceMerc had to admit, she did feel a little weird about asking Tiernan to meet her like this. It wasn't like they weren't friends, because they were. She loved Tiernan! But she wasn't used to hanging out with the Ravenclaw sans Alby. Probably because she didn't think that it had literally ever happened. It wasn't like they didn't have things in common, because they did, but it was very hard to tell on the surface, and Merc was never quite sure what Tiernan would do or say in response to anything. The unpredictability was refreshing, because few people were legitimately unpredictable, at least to Merc. But given the circumstances, the Gryffindor did wish she had a clue what to expect.

spaceOkay, she was being nosy. But at least she wasn't being rude! She'd already done that bit in regards to one Glynn Llewellyn, and didn't intend to repeat the mistake. Their conversation had been awful, and awkward, and she still felt really bad about the whole thing. She'd determined that she wouldn't pester the boy again. It only took putting her foot in her mouth so many times before she reasoned that there was no possible way to avoid doing it, and she'd reached that point with him in one fell swoop. But, that didn't prevent her from being concerned. He might not be her friend, and probably never would be, but his responses to her questions set off all sorts of warning bells in her head. A little bit of research later, it all made sense, and she felt even worse than she had before. No, she definitely was not going to thrust herself back into his bubble and potentially poke at old wounds. She certainly wasn't going to pour salt on them.

spaceThat said, someone had to do something. Tiernan was his friend, that was the whole reason Merc had noticed his existence in the first place. So, it stood to reason that Tiernan should be the one to do something. She didn't know why the Ravenclaw hadn't inserted herself already, but given Glynn's hesitance to talk about anything, maybe it was just that she hadn't known how bad things were? Sometimes it was easier to talk to strangers than your friends. And he'd said he didn't want pity. But the boy couldn't even name his own hobbies or interests, and that was a major problem. After what he'd been through, at the very least, the boy needed distractions. At most, he needed... direction! Something! And if Merc couldn't help (a fact she'd already proven, she was pretty sure), she wanted someone to do it. Someone who would care. A friend. Tiernan seemed like as good a choice as any. She wasn't going to meddle directly, but she'd damn well do it by proxy. It wasn't like she was known for leaving well enough alone. And nothing about Glynn seemed 'well enough', anyway.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxι ¢αи ѕмєℓℓ уσυя fєαя - тнє σиℓу яєαѕσи тнαт ι'м нєяє ιѕ тσ ωяєαк нανσ¢
                                                          xxxxxxєνєяувσ∂у ρяαуιи' тнαт ι'ℓℓ ¢нαиgє, уєαн мαувє σиє ∂αу
                                                          xxxxxxxxx вυт тσмσяяσω ι'ℓℓ вє вα¢к αт ιт ¢αυѕє вα∂ нαвιтѕ тнєу ∂ιє нαя∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxωє ℓινє fαѕт ωє ∂ιє нαя∂, gσ αgαιиѕт мє уσυ'ℓℓ ∂ιє нαя∂

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:07 am
I wear my long black dress and a veil of disaster,
Flowers in my hair, crowned forever after...
We shall be through in you.
The day has come to an end;
Page and waves of time-
The ocean has come to meet you.

𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓃
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓉
𝓎𝒶𝓍𝓁𝑒𝓎

RAVENCLAW PREFECT │ SIXTH YEAR │ PUREBLOOD

Tiernan wasn't entirely sure why Merc wanted to talk to her- well, she did, they were friends, but they were friends through Alby, and it had been obvious Alby would not be in attendance at this meet-up. Not that Tiernan really minded; she wasn't one of those girls who had to constantly be at her boyfriend's side, although she did typically spend most of her summers with him, as home was rarely someplace she wanted to be. Her parents tolerated her relationship with Alby because he was also from an old pureblooded family, but they weren't pleased that she was with a fellow Ravenclaw, and her mother was beginning to talk non-stop about wedding planning.

Still, it was nice to get out, and so she was in a fairly pleasant mood as she entered the cool ice cream parlor, instantly spotting the Gryffindor due to her brightly dyed hair. Merc was usually very upbeat, or at least good at faking it, but today she seemed almost worried about something. "You look concerned," she commented as she reached the other girl, narrowing her eyes. "Tell me something horrible hasn't happened." Horrible things did seem to happen to her friends, be it Glynn with his... father, or Alby and his revolting family practically disowning him. Which she had not mentioned to her parents, for obvious reasons.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Waiting on the shore,
Restless tide will come and take you...
We shall be final in you.
The day has come to an end;
Like rivers they feed all the rain drops and spring...
And nobody knows what tomorrow may bring.

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff