Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Wool's Orphanage Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:50 pm
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
                                                                Watch it count down to the end of the day
                                                                The clock ticks life away
                                                                It’s so unreal

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Wool's
                                                                Who am I with? Elliott
                                                                What am I doing? Persuading Elliott
                                                                What am I thinking? Well, here's to nothing.
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Visiting the Orphanage

Jesse didn't mean for it to sound like it did, and he sighed as he realized it probably did sound like he was attacking Elli. Great way to bugger it all up Calvert, he berated himself silently. In any case, he finished helping the young boy gather his papers before he stood, glancing back to Elli before returning his gaze to Leil-Lee as he introduced himself. Swallowing a bit self-consciously, he decided to at least be courteous and introduce Elli. "Yeah, I brought a friend today. His name's Elliott. I figured we could hang out and talk or something if you wanted." Mentally he was rolling his eyes at himself, because wow did that sound pathetic. However, he was really not used to dealing with kids and hoped that Elli had a better idea about this than he did.

Looking back to Elli, he rubbed the back of his head and looked toward the brunette. "So, um, do you have any ideas as to what we could do or something? I'm pretty sure we should talk to the people here so that we're not accused of being kidnappers or something." Which that would end badly. If nothing else, he was sure his criminal background would ping even if they were juvenile records. For all he knew, he had a giant red X over adopting anyone because of it. Something about being a bad influence and all.

OOC:

Things aren’t the way they were before
                                                                You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
                                                                Not that you knew me back then
                                                                But it all comes back to me
                                                                In the end

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:49 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxWool's
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJesse, Lee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAwkward
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ïƒ øṉlÿ ÿøυ hαḋ ќṉøώṉ ṃε вεƒøɾε τhε αссïḋεṉτxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ƒøɾ ώïτh τhατ ģɾαṉḋ сøllïṡïøṉ сαṃε α ģɾαṿε сøṉṡεσυεṉсεxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ɾεсερτøɾṡ øṿεɾløαḋεḋ, τhεÿ вυɾṡτ αṉḋ ḋïṡсøṉṉεсτxxxxxx
                                                          υṉτïl τhεɾε ώαṡ lïττlε ƒεεlïṉģ, ρlεαṡε ώøɾќ ώïτh ώhατ ïṡ lεƒτxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElliott twitched when the boy noticed him. It felt like there was very suddenly an enormous amount of pressure on him, though to do what, he had no clue. Maybe it was more not to do something, like make an arse of himself. Wait, no, too late, he'd already done that by apparently saying the kid was defective. At least Jesse had been the only one to hear that, because he was pretty sure that was incredibly ******** damaging for a child's psychological state. Being an orphan was bad enough, he had at least a little experience with that. No orphanage, but Ken had basically been a stranger when their parents died. But Ken had never said anything off color about him, at least not where he could hear. Though in hindsight, he'd bet there was a lot of confused and frustrated 'what the ******** behind closed doors.

spaceThe fight to keep his face neutral was akin to climbing a mountain with no gear. 'If you like that more', what the hell did that even mean? Quiet and stuttery, those weren't good signs, right? Maybe the kid was just shy. Elli was used to Jesse, he was used to problems on top of problems hiding behind more problems. Just because his boyfriend had been broken all to hell didn't mean every kid in the place was. Right? Merlin, he hoped not. Swallowing, he adjusted his glasses and shrugged.
                                                          "What do you like to be called?" he asked. God knows that if he had a say, no one would ever call him 'Elli' again. What if the kid didn't actually like Lee? What if people just called him that because it was easier, or some stupid shite like that?

spaceJesse's question made the brunette freeze up, turning to stare at the redhead with a mixture of confusion, exasperation, and faint horror. He was kidding, right?
                                                          "How the bloody hell should I know?" he asked, not thinking. Lee's presence was almost forgotten in the face of his confusion. "I don't even know where the damn office is, you're asking me what to do or where to go? I've never set a foot in this fuc-"

spaceLee's existence was remembered just before the word slipped from his lips, and his mouth slammed shut, eye twitching. ********, who the ******** thought it was a good idea to let him around some random arse kid?! Sawyer was one thing, she was Ken's. She was a lost cause by default, genetics alone would've done a number on her. But Lee was-! Something! Something that should not be cursed in front of!

spaceHe cleared this throat awkwardly, coughing into a fist. When he spoke next, his voice was tight, his words slow. No swearing. None. Whatsoever.
                                                          "I mean... I've never been here." He adjusted his glasses again, then took them off to clean them, even though there were no smudges. His ears were warm. "I suppose, uh..." He glanced back at Lee, shifting uncomfortably. The child was nothing but a little blonde blur.... which oddly enough, helped. Something about his eyes was unnerving. Not in a bad way, just in a way that made Elliott feel very, very judged. "Um... I would imagine you know where the office is, right? Could you, um. Show us?" Again, the words came slow. When he got nervous, his language got worse. And he was pretty damn nervous at the moment, considering he had a five year old in front of him. Who wasn't his niece. Bloody hell this was a bad idea.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxøh, ï ṉεεḋ ṉøτ вε ƒlαττεɾεḋ τhατ ÿøυ'ṿε ṉεṿεɾ вεεṉ hεɾε вεƒøɾε
                                                          xxxxxxṡø τhεɾε'ṡ ṉø ṉεεḋ τø ṃεṉτïøṉ τhατ ÿøυ'ṿε ṉø ƒïɾṡτṡ αṉÿṃøɾε
                                                          xxxxxxxxxвυτ ïƒ ÿøυ lετ ṃε вε ÿøυɾ ṡќÿlïṉε ï'll lετ ÿøυ вε τhε ώαṿε
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxτhατ ɾεḋυсεṡ ṃε τø ɾυввlε вυτ løøќεḋ ṡαƒε ƒɾøṃ ƒαɾ αώαÿ

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Miss GryffindorK

Red Hot Missy

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓲𝓿𝒆𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Leiland looked between the adults, wondering what they were thinking. They both looked uncomfortable, and he wondered if it was just being in his presence. He really hoped they weren't upset by him being there, after all. Jesse spoke up first, introducing his friend. So he was called Elliott, then was he? The was a nice name, Lee thought as he tried to think of a way to remember his name. Jesse said they just wanted to hang out and talk, and Lee thought that to be a good plan. He didn't really like to talk, though, but maybe they'd talk like his parents had... namely by ignoring him throughout the conversation.

After introducing himself, Elliott asked what he wanted to be called. Had anyone asked that, or had then just called them whatever they liked best. He bit his lip a bit, pondering what name he preferred. "I-I like Lee, pl-please." There, that was a good choice. He ran his fingers through his curls, looking at Jesse as he asked Elliott what they could do. He even mentioned being thought of as a kidnapper, so Lee nervously shuffled. What if they were kidnappers? He was a kid, after all, and if they were the ... nappers, he was a bit worried about that. It was then that Elliott spoke up, speaking with annoyance. Lee blinked at the man, tilting his head. He even said some no-no words, but Lee decided he wouldn't tattle about that. Well, not unless he said more no-no words.

After stopping himself, Elliott looked all flustered. He explained that he hadn't ever been here, while adjusting his glasses. That action made Lee subconsciously mimic, pushing up his own frames. He looked at his feet, still looking nervous. The man spoke up again, and green eyes turned to look back at the brunette. He asked if the five year old knew where the office, though he was speaking all carefully. Lee shuffled a bit, then nodded. "I-I can, I think. It's.. back there, where L-Luke and St-Steffi work at." He gestured toward where the office was... or maybe it was the entrance to their flat... no, he was pretty sure it was correct. He tapped his foot on the ground a couple of times, then turned to look back at the grown ups. "Y-you want to talk to-to them? We can... can talk to them, but I do-don't know if they're there!" He frowned, looking nervous. He had only ever been in the office when he was brought in by the suit guys, and he was honestly a bit afraid of going back in there. What if this was all a setup?!

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

Jᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʙᴀʟʟᴏᴏɴs ᴡᴇ sᴏᴀʀ ᴏɴ ᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ
Fɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ꜰʀᴇᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ ᴏꜰ ᴏᴜʀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
Aɴᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʙᴀʟʟᴏᴏɴs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴏʟᴅ
Fʀᴇᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴋɴᴏᴡ
Jᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴄʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ
Uɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴡᴇɴᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ
Aʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴏʜ sᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ

𝒲𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝓌𝑒 𝒹𝑜 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:28 pm
I'm calling you from the future
To let you know we've made a mistake
And there's a fog from the past that's giving me, giving me such a headache
And I'm back with a madness

User Image
User Image

Agє 8 ✘ Mυggℓєвσяη ✘ Ɗαяє∂єνιℓ

☣☢☠Heath had been pushed outside with the rest of the kids so the adults could do adult talking stuff, which was fine with him because that meant he could try out his new grappling hooks that he made in art class. The lesson had been to make claws or something (he just remembered they were learning about birds or something stupid like that) but he had found a better use for all that paper mache and fishing line. Lukas was playing the everyone else though so he was making a good enough distraction for what he wanted to do. Or what he would've done had someone not freeze tagged him causing him to stay still. Dangit he hated that playground rules carried allllll over the playground! And by the time he was unfrozen he was so consumed with tagging vengeance that he completely forgot about climbing. They had been playing for maybe an hour (it was easy to lose track of time when you were freezing and unfreezing people) but the sun was getting at the point where it almost time for it to set so he knew he and his brother would be going home soon. He went searching for his brother (he had heard a small group of kids left the tag game and went to play hide and seek but that was way too boring) but Lukas wasn't in any of his usual hiding spots. Curious, Heath began looking in other places the little boy could possibly squeeze into but he wasn't there either. He was about to think that maybe he had just gone inside with the rest of the kids when he heard a yell and went running towards it. By the gates of the backyard there was a big guy in a brown suit trying to drag his brother up over the fence. He immediately ran over and began pulling his brother out of the man's grasp and succeeded only to be grabbed himself. "LEMME GO! PUT ME DOWN! HELP! LUKAS GO GET HELP!" Heath yelled out as he felt two hands grab him and pull him over the fence and watched his little brother thankfully avoid them and go running towards the house. He was picked up and actually blindfolded before being thrown into a car. He felt his hands and feet being tied together as he was squished between too big adults and felt the car start moving. He felt hands touching and going over him and his pockets taking stuff out including his headphones which were his and he worked real hard for them and when he said that they broke it! He knows they did because he heard them crunch and he heard a guy laugh that, that b*****d! "You're bastards! You're stupid idiot ugly t**t bastards!" Heath couldn't believe he was actually being kidnapped, like on the telly and everything! He was confused, scared, and more than a little pissed off. "You guys are really stupid! Like, really really stupid! When Pere finds out he's gonna, he's gonna hack your balls off! An' feed 'em to Vali and Sif! He's real scary when he's mad, way scarier than you guys! Your suit reminds me of poo! I saw it! You're wearing a poo-no a s-s**t jacket! An' when my dad's find me that's all you-you're gonna be! An' Silas! He's extra scary when mad! Like you won't even be s**t when he finds you guys your gonna, your gonna be extra s**t! Shitty s**t s**t!" His head whipped to the side from the smack while he heard someone grumble about duct tape and had something sticky and warm pressed over his mouth almost covering his nostrils making it hard to breathe. He was extra mad now, they had only threatened to tape his mouth shut at him but Silas never actually did it! Heath tried to give his best Pere glare with maybe a little bit of his grandma's but he forgot he was blindfolded so they couldn't actually see it. Made him feel a bit better though.

I got nothing but dreams inside, I got nothing but dreams
I'm just young enough to still believe, still believe
But young enough not to know what to believe in
Young enough not to know what to believe in, yeah

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:48 pm
User Image
                                                  I know we got it good, but they got it made,
                                                  And their grass is getting greener each day,
                                                  I know things are looking up, but soon they'll take us down,
                                                  Before anybody's knowing our name

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tᴀᴛᴛᴏᴏ Aʀᴛɪsᴛ || Aᴄᴏɴɪᴛᴇ Pᴀᴄᴋ
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny stepped into the orphanage, already looking around to see if he could spot Steffi, Luke, or Jer around. He'd said he could help out this weekend, mostly with some minor things that needed to be repaired, so he had come over. Not that it was much, but it gave him something to do other than worry about the fact that he was having a harder time differentiating between Persephone and Jojo. Now that they were more comfortable about their situation, the differences between the two seemed to shrink a bit, and Kenny sometimes had to try to tell who was in control. Thankfully Seph tended to say when she was in control, but Kenny was about at wit's end at times. Not that he blamed either of them, but at least before he didn't have some alter of his girlfriend liking him. Before, Seph avoided him when she was in control, but that had been much different since they moved in together. He just hoped he didn't accidentally call Jojo Seph when she was in control.

Which, speaking of Jojo, she was following behind him. He figured she needed to get out of the house, and considering that they were having to look for a new place to live because Siobhan had sold the Magical Menagerie, it meant that they had to find somewhere else to live. Not that Kenny minded, but it made him kind of sad that the place he remembered spending a lot of time during the summers was no longer owned by his aunt. That was probably driving Jojo up a wall, with the flat finding and everything. It was driving Kenny up a wall too, but mostly for different reasons. He glanced back toward Jojo and pointed around.
                                                  "Well, the place is better than I remember it. There's a mural in the common area that I painted for the kids several years, and Steffi and Luke have been doing a lot of work to renovate. Probably helps that Tobi and Jer help out too, since it's a lot of work for just the two of them."

He looked around, thinking he didn't have to get right to work at the moment, not if he couldn't find Steffi or Luke. He might as well look around for a bit to see if there were some things that needed anything he could help with. "I could give you a tour of the place if you want. The kids should all be studying, at least the older ones. The younger ones, well..." He wasn't going to pretend like the younger kids were angels, but there were enough of them that anything that happened, it tended to turn into chaos real fast. And that was with the more well-behaved ones. The ones that were more like his family, well, they had to deal with Steffi and Luke, and those two knew all of the tricks since they had done a lot of the same when they were younger.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Okay, if Steffi and Luke aren't around at the moment, that means they're running errands. I can wait for a bit until they get back.
                                                  Taken By: Johanna Blake
                                                  OOC:

[x][x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Do you think I'm special? Do you think I'm nice?
                                                  Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces?
                                                  Between the noise you hear, and the sounds you like
                                                  Are we just sinking in an ocean of faces?

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:43 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOrphanage - Front Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxKenny
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious

αм ι вяανє єиσυgн؟ αм ι ѕтяσиg єиσυgн؟xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тσ fσℓℓσω тнє ∂єѕιяє тнαт вυяиѕ fяσм ωιтнιи xxxxxxxxx
                                                          тσ ρυѕн αωαу му fєαя тσ ѕтαи∂ ωнєяє ι'м αfяαι∂ xxxxxx
                                                          ι αм тняσυgн ωιтн тнιѕ ¢υz ι αм мσяє тнαи тнιѕxxx

spaceJojo followed Kenny inside the building with only the slightest feeling of trepidation. She'd never been here before, and had in fact avoided coming along with him when he'd made these trips in the past. It wasn't that she didn't like children, far from it (or so she'd recently discovered), it was more that she'd always been rather nervous about the prospect of interacting with any. She'd long ago decided she had no desire to have kids, considering what sort of genetic material she'd be passing down. There was always adoption, everyone had told her. But the implication had only made her uncomfortable, largely due to the fact that she was firmly of the belief that she, a walking disaster of a human being, should never be allowed to parent. Babysit, sure. Parent? Hah.

spacePersephone, still being a little old fashioned, rather hoped that eventually, Jojo would change her mind. She quite liked the idea of being a mother, and thought Jojo wasn't giving them enough credit. Nor Kenny, really, because she thought he'd make a very good father. If Gypsy and Jer could be allowed to procreate, she didn't see how it would be some horrible thing for the two (three?) of them to at least adopt. She as rather hoping that this little adventure to the orphanage would be something of a stepping stone. And was silently thanking Jesse and Elliott for adopting one of their own, since that seemed to be what'd sparked the whole thing. And really, Lee was delightful, if a little... standoffish.

spaceIt took the blonde a long moment to even realize Kenny had spoken, she'd been so wrapped up in her nerves and curiosity and argument with her headmate. She blinked at him for a second, then blushed and shrugged.
                                                          "A tour sounds nice?" she replied, her voice pitched a little too high. She'd been around plenty of children, she reminded herself. Just... not so many at once. And none that didn't know her as 'Aunt Jojo' or something similar. "Uh, I'd like to see your mural, at least? I bet it's amazing." Her head gave a slight twitch of a nod, Persephone indicating her own agreement at the idea. They both loved Kenny's work, and wouldn't miss a chance to see something like this. A slight pause, and then, "Uh, we'd like to see it, I mean?" This was spoken softly, so no one would overhear and wonder who exactly 'we' was. Jojo was trying to be a little more courteous to Persephone's wants and needs, especially since their consciousness seemed to overlap more and more. Some days, it was a pain in the arse, but at the moment, it wasn't so bad. They were agreeing on something, for once. That helped.

xxxι ρяσмιѕє тσ муѕєℓf αℓσиє αи∂ иσ σиє єℓѕє
                                                          xxxxxxму fℓαмє ιѕ яιѕιиg нιgнєя - ι αм тнє fιяє
                                                          xxxxxxxxxι αм вυяиιиg вяιgнтєя яσαяιиg ℓιкє α ѕтσям
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxαи∂ ι αм тнє σиє ι'νє вєєи ωαιтιиg fσя
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxѕ¢яєαмιиg ℓιкє α ѕιяєи αℓινє αи∂ вυяиιиg вяιgнтєя

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Persephone Pink #B76E79

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:56 pm
She's got a smile that it seems to me,
Reminds me of childhood memories-
Where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky.
Now and then when I see her face...
She takes me away to that special place;
And if I stared too long,
I'd probably break down and cry.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ᗩᙖIᘜᗩIᒪ
ᖇOSЄ
ᑕOᗪY

muggleborn │ age eight │ orphan

The older kids were supposed to be studying, but Abby was eight, so her amount of schoolwork was not exactly overwhelming, even if she disliked most of it. School just wasn't her thing. Or her sister's thing, really, so obviously it was a family thing, and thus, not her fault. That said, she was bored out of her mind. Normally she hung around with Viv and Elias in a sort of orphan tag team, but Viv had a dentist appointment and Elias was with some people who were maybe going to adopt him. Probably because he looked closer to six. Abby was aware enough to knew how it went. The younger (and cuter) you looked, the better, because then the Adults assumed you didn't have 'baggage' which would cost more money in the form of doctors and probably night-time diapers. And you had to be clever in that way grownups adored; 'isn't he so precious?'; without pissing them off. And not ugly. If you were ugly, you were, to quote a fifteen year old or two, 'royally screwed'. Good thing she was cute. But even if anyone wanted to adopt her, they probably wouldn't want Lil.

Lil was... a b-word to everyone, probably because she thought whoever wanted to adopt them was going to like, lock them in some basement for the next fifty million years. Abby didn't know why she couldn't just act nice for a couple hours, long enough to get papers signed and them cushy rooms in some nice manor house out in the country, preferably with horses. Then she could be as mean as she wanted, because it'd be too late. The rich people would be stuck with them. But speaking of rich people... There were definitely people here. She stealthily peeked around the corner. Emo vampire man and a crazy tattoo lady who dressed like a rock star, but like... one in a musical about rock stars. Were they rich? Maybe. Emo vampire man looked kind of familiar. She'd definitely seen him around here before. ....Ronnie? Danny? Ugh, she couldn't remember. Either way, she was staying here to spy. She didn't actually want to talk to them, they'd be like 'what are you doing, go play' and it'd be a Whole Thing. Go play? Go play with what, a stick out back? It was bad enough they didn't have TV or internet here.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

Sweet child o' mine, sweet love of mine.
She's got eyes of the bluest skies-
As if they thought of rain...
I'd hate to look into those eyes,
And see an ounce of pain.
Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place,
Where as a child I'd hide.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:41 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny closed his hand around Jojo's, giving it a small squeeze as he noticed her nervousness. She'd been getting better about it, and he was actually happy about it. If nothing else, that meant that she was finally comfortable with her being herself rather than being a compilation of everything that happened to her. "Well, the mural's in the common room, so we can stop by there first easily enough. I have to admit, the place feels a lot smaller when you're an adult than when you're a kid, so I figured something to bring the outdoors indoors wasn't a bad idea." He recalled how much Jer had rolled his eyes and said that the kids could just go outside if they were cooped up, but Kenny remembered the neighbourhood well enough. He'd wandered around it plenty of times before he was adopted, and he was honestly surprised that he and Jer had managed to stay out of as much trouble as they did. Kenny figured it was mostly because Steffi's reputation preceded them so no one messed with the two youngest members of their 'family'.

He led her to the common room first, looking around. Everything was old, but well-cared for and worn, so at least it was better now than it had been back then. Kenny mostly attributed that to the fact that more than likely Steffi or Luke using spells, or if not them, then definitely Jer. Kenny avoided spells when he was in the orphanage, but not for any reason other than he hadn't used magic when he was living there, so he didn't see the need to. Besides, not everyone there was magical, and Steffi tended to try to keep magical exposure of the kids to a minimum.
                                                  "I think painting it on the wall was the hardest part. Mostly because at the time, there was a new group of toddlers and they liked putting their hands all over the walls. I don't know how many times I had to fix the smears the kids left." He gestured to the mural. "I I don't think I did a bad job, but that might be just me. I haven't heard anyone else say anything different."

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Okay, if Steffi and Luke aren't around at the moment, that means they're running errands. I can wait for a bit until they get back.
                                                  OOC:

[x][x]

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:26 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOrphanage - Front Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxKenny
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious

αм ι вяανє єиσυgн؟ αм ι ѕтяσиg єиσυgн؟xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тσ fσℓℓσω тнє ∂єѕιяє тнαт вυяиѕ fяσм ωιтнιи xxxxxxxxx
                                                          тσ ρυѕн αωαу му fєαя тσ ѕтαи∂ ωнєяє ι'м αfяαι∂ xxxxxx
                                                          ι αм тняσυgн ωιтн тнιѕ ¢υz ι αм мσяє тнαи тнιѕxxx

spaceJojo appreciated the gesture of reassurance from her husband, smiling slightly at him and trying to convey with her eyes that she swore she was going to be alright. After all, it wasn't like she constantly had panic attacks these days, and even if she did still, they'd never been triggered by this sort of thing before. Or, well, that wasn't entirely true, she had gotten nervous in crowds and with strangers. But never children! Children weren't panic-inducing, really. Anxiety-inducing, sure. But she didn't think they could make her, like, hyperventilate or pass out or anything. Besides, if she could survive all the shite she'd been through, she could totally survive meeting some little kids.

spaceShe let him lead her into the common room, eyes falling immediately on the mural. She could've told you he'd done it even if she hadn't known, just by looking. But, then again, she supposed it would've been rather sad if she couldn't. Her eyes brightened, a soft 'ooh' slipping out as she looked at it. It took prodding from Seph to remind her that there were, in fact, several children already dotted around the room. She shook her head slightly and, catching the eye of one boy, waved awkwardly. The child waved back, equally awkwardly, and then went back to the book he'd been reading. She coughed, and leaned into Kenny.
                                                          "It's, uh, it's very nice," she told him. She meant it, of course, but her nervousness and awkwardness made her sound less sincere than she'd have liked. "Very you," she added, nose wrinkled in amusement. A bit cheesy, maybe, but she thought the world could stand to be a little cheesy now and again. It helped keep people sane. It helped keep her, if not sane, as close to sane as she'd ever be able to manage.

spaceHer nose crinkled in amusement at the thought of a group of toddlers messing with his work. Persephone thought it was cute, but also felt the need to interject. "Maybe you should've let them leave handprints somewhere," she said thoughtfully. "Leave a part of themselves in it. It's their home, that might've been nice..." The change in accent as the two spoke between one another was barely noticeable, but there.
                                                          "It might've killed the aesthetic, though... Maybe you could do another one? And let some of the kids collaborate with you? Yeah, that'd be cute." The girls paused, and blushed slightly. They tried not to do things like that in public, but sometimes it happened. Then again, they were surrounded by kids, no one would notice, right?

space"Maybe I could play for the kids sometime," Seph said after a moment. She wasn't talking about herself, really, but Jojo, since Seph was not particularly musically gifted. She wasn't terrible, but Jojo was definitely the musician. A slight frown crossed their features as Jojo reacted to the statement, uncomfortable with the thought of performing in front of anyone, even a room full of children. 'You said that out loud so that Kenny would talk me into doing it,' she hissed. The sense of smug satisfaction from the other corners of her mind told her she was right. Dammit, she hated it when they ganged up on her. She didn't even have an actual instrument to do it with! She just borrowed the ones at work!

xxxι ρяσмιѕє тσ муѕєℓf αℓσиє αи∂ иσ σиє єℓѕє
                                                          xxxxxxму fℓαмє ιѕ яιѕιиg нιgнєя - ι αм тнє fιяє
                                                          xxxxxxxxxι αм вυяиιиg вяιgнтєя яσαяιиg ℓιкє α ѕтσям
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxαи∂ ι αм тнє σиє ι'νє вєєи ωαιтιиg fσя
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxѕ¢яєαмιиg ℓιкє α ѕιяєи αℓινє αи∂ вυяиιиg вяιgнтєя

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Persephone Pink #B76E79

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:37 am
She's got a smile that it seems to me,
Reminds me of childhood memories-
Where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky.
Now and then when I see her face...
She takes me away to that special place;
And if I stared too long,
I'd probably break down and cry.

ᗩᙖIᘜᗩIᒪ
ᖇOSЄ
ᑕOᗪY

muggleborn │ age eight │ orphan

Abby continued her eavesdropping, hovering in the common room doorway with a frown. They were talking about the mural in the common room. It was nice, she guessed. It wasn't like this felt like a real home or anything. Technically it was just a big house, but with people coming and going so much, it seemed more like a building like a bank or school. Except she used to be able to go home after school. Abby felt a small jolt in her chest and ignored it. Steffi and Luke were nice and all, but they were more like a weird aunt and uncle then a mom and dad. Still, she'd guessed it could have been way worse. This orphanage was better than some foster home, anyways. She never got why the mural was of the ocean, though. They were nowhere near the seaside.

But if this guy was mural guy, then he was... Kevin? No, Kenny. That was his name. This was Kenny and his... girlfriend, she guessed. She didn't think he was much older than like, twenty five, and his girlfriend looked even younger, like a uni student. She sounded weird, though. She didn't talk like an adult. Well, kind of, but also not. Abby wasn't sure how to explain it. She talked like a kid reading adult lines. Or maybe it was just her accent? Abby got made fun of for her accent all the time. The girl scowled as another girl in the room noticed her and pulled a face, pulling one back, then realizing she'd probably blown her own cover. Well, whatever. It wasn't like they could yell at her. Stupid Sarah. Then she felt a bit bad, because Sarah wasn't really stupid, just sort of babyish.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

Sweet child o' mine, sweet love of mine.
She's got eyes of the bluest skies-
As if they thought of rain...
I'd hate to look into those eyes,
And see an ounce of pain.
Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place,
Where as a child I'd hide.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:59 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny nodded at Persephone's suggestion that maybe he could do something with the kids later and have them help out with a mural next time. Kenny didn't mind the idea. If nothing else, they could make suggestions about things that they might want to see on the wall and he could help come up with the design. "I could do that. Take suggestions for what they want to see in the mural and work from there. Make it a group effort." He gave Jojo a smile as she blushed, wondering if she found the topic embarrassing or not. Either way, he wasn't going to judge.

He cocked an eyebrow when he noticed that Seph suggesting playing for the kids sometime, and he had the feeling that Jojo wasn't exactly on board with that idea. Mostly from the expression that crossed their face right after. He didn't doubt that Jojo could do it, but it was more of a case of wondering if she would have a panic attack in the middle of a performance. He didn't think she would, but he was slightly biased and probably gave her more credit than she gave herself.
                                                  "I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea. Might be nice for the kids sometime. Jer tends to do magic shows for them when he volunteers, so it can't be much different. Maybe you could talk to him about getting pointers for performing in front of people." He of course could never do it. He was much too shy, and his particular talent didn't really lend itself to an audience. But Jojo's did, and it might actually help bring her confidence levels up if she did it.

It was about that time that he saw some girl pulling a face at something and noticed another girl pulling one right back. He'd seen her around, but the way that she was sneaking around tended to remind him about how he used to sneak around before everyone else got adopted. He didn't quite remember her name, but he didn't want to be rude, and glanced at Jojo/Seph before waving toward her.
                                                  "What are you doing hiding behind there? You can come out. I mean, no one's going to bite."

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

[x][x]

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:07 pm
Loyal to not only others, but also yourself.
I know exactly what to do with you!
Hufflepuff!

Orphan Sisters for Life
Sixth Years

With : Each other

Candace was outside with her sketch book. She was occupying herself like normal. Then again it could easily be said she was avoiding her feelings for the past few months. She hadn’t realized how much she missed Kimberly being around until she hadn’t been. Having her back, it filled a stop that had been empty. Only it still felt off somehow. Though, Alana had pointed out that she had more then just a friendship feeling for Kimi, Candace wasn’t so sure about it. If it were true she doubted Kimberly felt the same way. There was no way she was going to mess up their relationship yet again because of a miscommunication.

Kimberly on the other hand figured out her feelings and had plans to share them. She hadn’t been able to go to Candace to reconnect after their fight. Instead she chickened out but that wasn’t happening today. Coming outside she finally found Candy and headed over to her. Seeing her working in her sketch book, she flopped down next to her. “Hey, nice bird.” She commented with a smile. “Thanks, nice nails Kim.” Candace noticed right off the bat. “Are those my socks?” The Hufflepuff questioned as she also noticed her blue and white stripped socks. “Ah… yeah, they went with my shorts.” Kimberly replied with a smile. “And Alana’s earrings?” Candace questioned curiously. “They went with the bracelet... and the shorts...” She said giving a cat like stretch. “Right,” The blonde giggled she certainly wasn’t bothered by it.

“Give me your hand.” Kimberly told her without explanation. Candace looked at her curiously as she pulled out a bottle of nail polish. “You said you liked the color.” Handing it over she let Kimi go to town on her nails. It was the only time she ever had nail polish. After a moment of silence the Slytherin spoke. “I have something I want to talk to you about.” She told her with a bit of hope. “What’s that?” She asked her glancing over curiously. “You know I care about you right?” She asked her friend. “Of course, I do.” Candace replied. “Well I wanted you to know that I love you.” She told her. “I love you too.”

It was clear the words didn’t click. In fact, they went right over the Hufflepuff’s head. Kimberly having realized it took a breath before doing the unthinkable. Leaning over she kissed Candace on the lips. To Kimberly it happened in slow motion but to Candace it happened in a flash. “What was that for?!” The blonde questioned louder then she intended. Her face beet red. “I love you.” Kimberly repeated sheepishly. Hearing the words, it slowly began to sink in. “You do…?” Candace spoke sounding like she was in shock. Despite the shock though it was a good feeling. When the Slytherin girl nodded she replied, “Me too.” Turns out they both felt the same way after all.

Candace ~ Status : Surprised but Happy Theme ~ Attire
                                                  Kimberly ~ Status : Making a move… Theme ~ Attire

OOC: - - -

Aren't you quite outspoken?
                                                  In spite of that, you are still a loyal person,
                                                  One who seeks order.
                                                  I see you doing well in...
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:57 pm
Sixth Year Prefect
Daily Dragon Editor - - -

Minako was never a fan of being stuck at wool’s orphanage. It was a nice enough place don’t get her wrong, but she couldn’t wait to get out of there. There was no hope in her getting adopted and she wouldn’t even consider it without her ‘sisters’ stamp of approval. So, unless they were coming as well, it wasn’t happening. Besides she’d never leave Alana behind like ever. Even if it meant walking away from a new family. Though, she didn’t need one not at sixteen and not when she’d already found one.

With OWL year long gone and NEWTs just around the corner, Minako was trying to take a break from studying. Her grades could be better though she was hardly worried about them. Plus, with the classes she was removing from her schedule she was sure it would offset her course load. Today the Ravenclaw was working on some outfits. Creativity had always been her thing and during the summer it really was her thing. Mostly because it was the only thing she could do to entertain herself.

Maybe if she had bothered to look for Alana things would be different. However, Minako decided to enjoy her time alone working with scraps of fabric. By scraps she pretty much meant whatever was given to her. She pretty much lived for donations. Not that she was begging for anything. The Ravenclaw just liked having her own style. Clothing could tell you a lot about a person. Minako just wanted to express that. No harm there. Not unless she was telling someone their outfit was horrendous. Which certainly wasn’t often.

With : Myself... Possibly a kid with squeaky shoes

Attire : Casually Light

OOC : - - -

Miss GryffindorK

A creative thinker with plenty of opinions,
                                                  One who seeks perfection in all you do.
                                                  I know just what to do with you...
                                                  Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:13 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Wool's Orphanage
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? An older girl
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Hide-and-Seek
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She'll never find me here!

Finley was, in a word, bored. Most of the other kids around his age were playing together, but since he didn't want to play cars with them, he had to find a different game to play. His little shoes squeaked as he walked up the halls in search of a friend (or Steffi, whichever he found first). He huffed as he found some older girls having a serious conversation, deciding to hurry away from them. He didn't like serious talks! The last one he had with a grown up ended with him here! Eventually, he found an older girl playing with colorful bits of fabric. He sipped his apple juice, then scooted a bit closer to her, hastily hiding behind a lamp. He giggled quietly, then hurried to hide beside a chair. Surely he'd not be found here! Though, he didn't realize his shoe squeaking just might blow his cover. That, or his little titters. It was fun to surprise people with hide-and-seek!

murruelecreuset

Bᴀʙʏ ᴍɪɴᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀʏ. Bᴀʙʏ ᴍɪɴᴇ, ᴅʀʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs.
Rᴇsᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ, ʙᴀʙʏ ᴏꜰ ᴍɪɴᴇ.
Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏɴᴇ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘᴀʏ ɴᴏ ʜᴇᴇᴅ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴀʏ.
Lᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs sᴘᴀʀᴋʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴᴇ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀʀ, ʙᴀʙʏ ᴏꜰ ᴍɪɴᴇ.
Iꜰ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴋɴᴇᴡ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴛʜᴇʏ'ᴅ ᴇɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ʟᴏᴠɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏᴏ.
Aʟʟ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡʜᴏ sᴄᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ.
Fʀᴏᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏᴇs, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴍᴜᴄʜ, ɢᴏᴏᴅɴᴇss ᴋɴᴏᴡs.
Bᴜᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴏ ᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴏᴜs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, sᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴀs ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ, ʙᴀʙʏ ᴏꜰ ᴍɪɴᴇ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Wool's Orphanage
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Legos, Squeakers
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Building a Rocket
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This better look cool

Charlie was bored. It was "too cold" outside to play there, but there was nothing to do inside! He rolled around on the floor, loudly sighing to let passers-by know just how annoyed he was with this situation. He watched as the kid with the squeaky little shoes run past, laughing. Honestly, Charlie was pretty sure the kid was on drugs. He'd even started calling the younger boy "Squeakers" in honor of the shoes he always wore. The boy pushed himself into a sit, walking over to play with the legos. He started work on a spaceship, though it also sort of looked like an airplane. The boy tilted his head, trying to make it look more like a rocket. He used some red bricks, trying to make it look cooler. Using the right colors would make it awesome, regardless of how accurate it looked.

Julian Galaksylph

I'ᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍʏsᴇʟꜰ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇᴛ Eᴀʀᴛʜ ᴛᴜʀɴs sʟᴏᴡʟʏ
Iᴛ's ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ sᴛᴀʏ ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴀsʟᴇᴇᴘ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs
Lᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ᴄʀᴀᴄᴋ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ꜰᴇᴇʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ sᴜᴄʜ ᴀɴ ɪɴsᴏᴍɴɪᴀᴄ
Wʜʏ ᴅᴏ I ᴛɪʀᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛɪɴɢ sʜᴇᴇᴘ? Wʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ꜰᴀʀ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴀsʟᴇᴇᴘ
Tᴏ ᴛᴇɴ ᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ ꜰɪʀᴇꜰʟɪᴇs, I'ᴍ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ʜᴀᴛᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇs
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴍɪsᴛʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀs ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴀɪᴅ ꜰᴀʀᴇᴡᴇʟʟ. Bᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴠᴇʀᴀʟ ᴀʀᴇ
Iꜰ ᴍʏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs ɢᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟ ʙɪᴢᴀʀʀᴇ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I sᴀᴠᴇᴅ ᴀ ꜰᴇᴡ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴊᴀʀ

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games