Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:26 am
Nyaranau - HR Candidate

The egg seemed to radiate her own positivity right back at her, and Nyaranau’s face split into a wide grin- a possibly painful expression for a person who didn’t spend half their time grinning anyways. “Why, I have no doubt that you’re all awesome. Yes, I’m certain of it. A hundred marks to you being awesome.” She gave it an affectionate pat, emboldened by its passionate reception. Was this why the bluish, silvery egg was leaning away slightly? This bright red egg’s happiness was positively infectious.

And then, a question seemed to form in her mind. It asked about herself. Her brows creased in a moment of hesitation, her memories calling to question every time she had been… less than awesome. No, no... she was a human, just like roughly half of the population on these very Sands at the moment. “I have my flaws- we all do. But I think the best part about me is that I know about them- that means I can work on them, and soon enough I’ll be the best anybody has ever seen. The best rider, or candidate- if that’s what I have to do. Then if I don’t Impress- which, let’s face it, is not really going to be an issue, because I am great- I’ll just go back to concentrating full-time on my Beastcraft training.” She paused here, drawing on her earlier experience with herdbeasts and runners. Nyara so desperately yearned to share those wonderful, exhilarating moments with the creature within the shell, hoping that it might take away more than just an impression of boasting. There was more to being the best than just bragging, after all. There was learning, and improving, and impressing others… and impressing yourself, too. Pride, but not foolishness, and not without humility.

“Just because you don’t succeed at one thing, doesn’t mean you’re not great.” She paused here, her chuckling accompanied by a little shake of her springy curls. “Not that you’re not, of course. You are. But even when we mess up, we just gotta realise that stuff happens. I know, no matter what I do, I’ll give it my best shot- and that’s what makes me great.”

Her heart was swelling with barely-contained emotions, and she did a little hoppity-jig where she stood, to express it. “And I know you will too. I believe in you. I can’t wait to see you hatch little one. I know you’re going to be amazing, no matter what happens.” Ah, yes. Optimism made her one happy little wherry. She gave the egg a final little pat, inclined her head to it in goodbye, then pulled away.

Ah, such a wondrous, hopeful feeling burned brightly within her. She glanced around, looking for something that could not quite be described with words. A feeling, perhaps? An impression? An instinct that drew her in? Ah… there it was… With a breath sucked in, she laid her hand gently on the shell of the Imperio Egg, and blew it out with a slight hum. “Why hello. You do look very fancy, you know that? I’m Nyara.”

---

Keleres - Western Candidate

There was a hint of approval in the young woman’s mind, and her embarrassment receded a little, leaving room for a truly sincere smile. “Why thank you.” She uttered quietly, glad the creature within did not judge her harshly… shells, wasn’t this lovely? A feeling of peace washed over her, pushing her fear out of her mind, bringing contentment in its wake.

Still, dawdling was frowned upon. Keleres suppressed a sigh that threatened to part rosebud lips, and tilted her head as she gave the Let It Go egg one final pat. “I appreciate this opportunity to meet you. I hope you hatch healthy, and safely. Take care.”

The two clutches had a little distance between them, so Kel kept her attentions on Fianth’s for now. It was Colours of the Wind that caught her, well… not so much eye, but heart. It seemed to exude a peacefulness that appealed to her. “Hello there.” She bowed her head in greeting, resting her pale hand upon the beautiful purple-blue shell. “This is interesting, isn’t it? So many eggs and personalities in one place…” Kel wondered how all of these dragon siblings didn’t feel so crowded. Back in Rivercrest, the press of thronging people had sometimes left her feeling overwhelmed… but if you didn’t have a choice, then one learnt to adapt. “I hope I’m not intruding- my name is Kel, and it is lovely to meet you.” She pushed away thoughts of the past, and focused on the present, letting her mask of confidence slide once more over her face and thoughts. Yes, she was here with a purpose- not just a girl seeking a future, but a woman ready to be a rider.

---

Ruunan - HR Candidate

Ruunan gasped, not quite able to stop himself in time as the mind within the warm yellow shell seemed to… well… hug him. Mentally. It was a mental hug. Eyes round like saucers, hand frozen despite the heat, his jaw hung slack and words did not make it out of his throat.

But his thoughts swirled about him, freed by the touch of affection in Hufflepuff’s presence. Tears stung the corner of his eyes… oh Faranth, no. Was he crying? Shells! With a quick- and what he hoped was surreptitious- swipe of his arm, he wiped them away. I’m sorry… I’m so sorry… I didn’t want to be a bother… you are so kind. He tried to earnestly reassure the egg- oh, no, he didn’t want to upset the dragon at all. Please don’t be mad! Ruunan caught his lip with his teeth, then bowed his head. Nearby, he heard Nyara prattle on about something great, or what have you, bla bla bla…

Yes... There were others nearby… But even they can be a bit overwhelming sometimes… A smile flickered across his face. He loved his sister so much. And he loved being amongst the eggs… but it was a lot to take in. So many people gathered in one place, so many minds and thoughts and feelings- he was a drop in the vast ocean of consciousness that swallowed them all. I don’t want to fail anyone. He tried to tell the egg, then realised that it was probably silly to think it. Why didn’t he just speak aloud?

Because it was embarrassing to admit to it.

“I’m… I’m grateful to meet you. I don’t know if you would believe me, but you are a good egg. I’m sure of it. Kindness and compassion are more important than anything.” He whispered, giving the Hufflepuff egg a final, gentle pat. “Please be safe.”

He took his hand away with a measure of regret, and back away a little from the rest of the eggs. The young man needed a moment or two to compose himself, and he was grateful for the time, as one of the Queens seemed perturbed by a candidate. Ah… shells, was this going badly? He hadn’t even realised it.

When his heart and nerves calmed a little, and he felt himself a little bit braver, Ruunan stepped towards another egg. This time, he crossed the sands towards Baby Mine, his not-quite-all-there-but-definitely-daydreaming-about-something smile crossing his features. “Hello little one. I’m Ruunan.” Some confidence still remained, from Hufflepuff’s touch upon his mind, but mostly his heart was open. There was something appealing about this sweet pink egg with its beautiful eyes that just… spoke to him.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:02 am
Grumioll stood in silence, watching the other candidates in hopes to distract himself from what had just happened. He regarded each person who came near, including a short girl who touched the green egg right next to the rainbow-splattered one he’d fled from. After several minutes had passed, Gru felt ready to move on. He noted that there seemed to be a disturbance by the dark red egg in the back, so, not yet done with Rhianth’s clutch, he went to the front to choose an egg there. At the very head of the clutch was a pink egg that seemed to be giving off a similar sort of feeling as the Felix Felicis egg had, and yet he could tell there was a very different pitch to this one’s tune.

He didn’t hesitate to lay his palm against the Amortentia egg, believing himself to be more prepared for whatever emotions it might discharge on him. Again, he worked to try and offer appropriate thoughts to the infant, bringing up memories of his time with gentle Iria, emphasizing the peace he felt in her presence. She was very special. The egg was special, too, though it felt very odd to compliment a complete stranger. He just wanted to do well for Iria, Felixa, Gr’del, W’tarl, Demanthra, and anyone else who’d given him a chance.  

Teiha

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:01 am
Taibbi had been warned that some of the eggs would not be friendly, and that she was still expected to do her best to project warmth and acceptance and love. This last egg's reaction to her touch certainly startled her out of her happy place. It was like getting a cold blast of water on a sunny day, all that negativity, and she backed up several paces to distance herself. Clearly she was not the right candidate for that egg, and she didn't want to upset the egg - or any of the very large adult dragons on the sands - by lingering.

Instead she turned to the egg she'd ended up beside, which was also colored cheerfully, in her opinion, but she was now more wary of the bright blue and green swirls on the Crucio Egg. Her touch was tentative, and the cheer and warmth of her thoughts wavered as she struggled to dismiss the fear of inadequacy that the Dementor Egg had brought to the surface. This egg was a different egg, she reminded herself firmly.

It's still exciting that I can feel some of you, she thought to the egg, making an effort to pull herself back into her former mood. But I think it's probably more that dragons are remarkable than anything special about me. This last thought she did not intend the dragonet to hear, but she also had no idea how that worked.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:20 am
Shar's normally stoic expression during Touching's shifted slightly, her lips quirking up into a small smile as the egg warmed beneath her hand. It was always nice to find a dragon who shared some aspect of her personality as it made it a bit easier to connect to them. Obviously just because a dragon shared a trait with her didn't mean it was her dragon within the shell, but it was still enjoyable to make a little connection.

"I'm sure you'll do wonderfully protecting them," she said quietly before looking up, her tiny smile widening a bit to find that her own friends she had promised to watch over during the Touching were also at the same egg. Zamistia seemed to have a good experience with this dragon and for that she was eternally grateful. It was always hard to have the first egg you touch shun you or scare you. Rizdax also seemed to get a good reply if the look on his face was anything to go by and she gave the egg a warm pat before pulling her hand back.

"I'm heading over there," she informed the two redheads, nodding at the other clutch. "You two can do as you please now that you know what you're doing but if you need help at all, I'll come back." That said, she gave Riz a little nudge with her elbow as she passed him, a smirk on her face as well. He was clearly enjoying himself out here on the sands and she knew he'd have quite the time talking to all of the eggs. Turning her attention forward, Shar moved carefully through the clutch she currently was in to head over to the Harry Potter eggs. Things seemed a little less harmonious over here and she noticed Rhianth looking positively enraged still. Narrowing her eyes, she glanced at the Candidates in the area, trying to see if any of them were misbehaving. From what she could tell no one was doing anything physical to the eggs but that didn't mean they weren't thinking bad things.

On her guard, Shar moved over to the Auror Egg, her scowl still on her face as she pressed her hand to the shell. Despite the look of concentration and disapproval warm thoughts left her as she spoke to the little egg.

"I do apologize if any of my fellow Candidates are upsetting your siblings," she said quietly. "I'll set them straight if I catch them in the act." Or, if they didn't listen to her, she'd happily let the enraged mother extract her own justice upon them. Hopefully whoever was misbehaving would listen to Shar and straighten up a bit before something worse befell them. This was about the eggs and the dragons inside, ensuring their happiness and security. If someone had a fragile enough ego that an under-developed dragon could insult them or make them angry they clearly weren't fit to be a rider.

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:21 am
Shaddaling

Imperio
Did you come to see Imperio while you had someone wonderful on the mind, Rylyrr? How lovely to be associated with them! Imperio appreciates that the young man has had to wait for so long - sometimes there is so much waiting to be had for what one wants. But the waiting is what makes it so good....sometimes. It seems to purposely be pulling attention away from it's upset sibling next to it.

Firebolt

Ahhhh! It was clutched ready! Hello Rhylune, so nice of you to come see Firebolt! What are you going to do after this? Oh, maybe you will talk about it and it's siblings to the others? It would so much like to hear about that! It can't wait! Maybe tomorrow? Maybe right now???

Be Our Guest

Who are you taking care of, Jemaselle? Can Be Our Guest help at all? There is so much it could offer! So much it can do if you just tell it what you need! It can!...it...It is an egg but it can still help! Just let it!

Excited Apathy

Be Our Guest

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllo! Be Our Guest would like to know if there is anything Helaku needs! Anything at all! Are it's siblings being nice? Does it need to talk to anybody for the boy? Anything? Anything it can do?....Please?

Prism Shine

Go the Distance

Is everything okay out there Ielin? It is certainly hard to be burdened, but the young man is so strong! There is so much Ielin can do and Go the Distance believes in him! Maybe...it can also do a lot?

medigel

Be Our Guest
Why, it has no problem being in the back, Arlie! Be Our Guest can see all of it's siblings from here!...Well, it can't actually see them, but it feels like it can! All the better to watch and see what they need!

Sweet Symmetry

Imperio
Aren't you so brave to come back here when it's sibling is so upset right here next to it! Don't you worry about it, Nyara, Imperio is very pleased to meet you. Would she mind sticking around for just a bit while it peeks at what she has going on in her head? It will only take a moment. Yes. Good. So good. So brave.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:25 am
Rune and Rhys - HR

Honestly. Rune wasn't sure how to feel about the questions Expecto Patronum was asking her. Taking a breath, she brushed its shell once more. What did she want? She wanted to protect Rhys, and the weyr. She wanted to make Olliah and Fianth proud. Just because she was angry didn't mean she was bad....But that wasn't important. The egg was right. She was sharp edges. Shaking her head, she moved away, deciding to move to an egg that had seemed to be sharp to everyone. Sectumsempra got her attention, fingers touching the shell. It liked to bite, did it? Let it bite her. She was here to meet it.

Rhys, on the other hand, smiled at the egg that gave him such a good vibe, before turning and heading off towards another egg. His next thing was to go to When You Wish Upon a Star. His hand rested on the shell, calm and fond, "Hello there. I understand how you're feeling. It's so nice to meet you."  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:48 am
magnadearel

You Can Fly! Egg
As soon as Nalacko touched it, she would feel a swell of cheerful laughter from inside the shell as this egg greeted her. Good! Having fun was the best, and maybe, just maybe, she could play a prank on another candidate for it? It wasn't ready to come out of its shell just yet, but that would be fun!

houllow

You Can Fly! Egg
Today was great! Wonderful! Look around, everyone was having so much fun, and weren't the other eggs just funny? Everything was so wonderful and delightful, and this egg just wanted to have more fun! It was vibrating excitedly, trying not to laugh at its own entertaining joke.

Rian-chan

You Can Fly! Egg
Oh Hello! Yes it was beautiful, wasn't it? This egg was enjoying meeting everyone, but so far it was getting kind of boring. Could Hyseren make it more fun? The baby wanted something to happen!

faesinger

You Can Fly! Egg
Waiting? Why was Veltanna waiting? That was BORING! So boring. Do something FUN! Laugh, go play a prank on another candidate! Don't just wait! This egg liked it when things went crazy, like the eggs in the other clutch! Wasn't all that fun!

SilverLutz

Auror Egg
The baby inside seemed to appreciate Shar's mentality towards things. Yes. Make sure things were on the level, but its mother was capable of taking care of things. Shar should worry most about the eggs, because that was why they were all here, but that was indeed a good mentality. This egg was content with her.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:02 am
Nyara - HR

Nyara’s lips twitched and curled into an amused smile, and she glanced at the candidates nearby. There was an air of anger and frustration… and that queen did look very angry… but this egg seemed so… nice. Nothing bad would happen to her if she stayed just a little bit longer, right? Nobody would blame her whilst she felt this content and cared for… She stroked the purple and yellow shell, tilting her head.

It was a pleasant feeling- but it was easy to be charmed by such a sweet-seeming egg. I’m pleased to meet you too, little one. But I don’t want to annoy anybody. I’m just here, trying to do my thing, and meet you all. Her thoughts seemed to drift, almost detached from her mind.

Well, she tried to show it mental glimpses of who she was outside of the hatching sands. It was a life of activity, and training, and disciplined fun. Fun was much better without the discipline, but one needed a balance of both. Runners needed discipline to perform. She needed discipline to excel.

And this egg? This egg didn’t necessarily need something… other than being born, really. The thought tore a laugh from her throat. “Haa. Well now. This was good and all. I hope you find what you’re looking for.” Why was she filled with regret when she pulled her hand away? She mustered her grin once more, then moved out of angry-dragon range and towards Fianth’s clutch.

She found herself drawn to How Far I’ll Go. With a slight bow of her head, she splayed her fingers upon its warm shell, tracing the square pattern with growing fascination. “You look really interesting. Tell me where we’re going and I’ll come along for the ride.” Her grin didn’t falter- if anything, it grew more excited. This one had her heart at hello. Or let's go, as it was.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:11 am
Helaku // He/Him // Western

Ah, such a warm and caring little one! How to respond to a hatchling that was already so welcoming? You're helping everyone a lot already. But the best thing you could do for me...please take some time for yourself if you get tired today? he thought at the egg, feeling oddly protective of the entity within the egg in response to the sheer caring given. The hatchling needed to take care of itself too! There were so many people, and unless things went sour it could prove to be a long day if the little one didn't pace itself.

Waiting a moment more, he decided he had already lingered too long for sure. With a gentle pat on the shell he stepped away to approach one of the smaller eggs, a pink one that nonetheless seemed almost to have stars scattered upon it. Hello there, he thought at You've Got a Friend In Me egg, his hand lightly laid upon the shell. How are you?

He tried not to pay too much mind to the commotion centered upon the other clutch, one of the eggs in particular. Not all eggs cared much for being touched before they Hatched, and he hoped nobody was being too offended by that. Maybe he'd just go ahead and avoid that one, if it wasn't feeling touchy.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:43 am
Martirae - She

She’d been rejected before. That wasn’t anything new - and really, it wasn’t as if she’d been outright turned away. By all means, Slytherin’s dismissal shouldn’t have been met with any upset by Martirae. Except that at about the same time, another egg suddenly turned into a writhing ball of outrage - and it was right behind her. The feelings of the unborn weren’t….easily missed when you had your mind open to let young ones snoop and peek and peer.

Never before had she retracted her hand so quickly from the surface of an egg. No, Slytherin didn’t need to feel the absolute irritability, the anger that wanted to bubble up. It wasn’t hers. These were not her feelings. Marty knew what to do with feelings she didn’t want. For a time, she stood, unmoving, taking deep breaths as she reigned them in. It was the same way she controlled her want. It was the same way she kept from being upset or hurt or sad when she had been left waiting time and time again. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Only when she was sure that it was at least not going to be her immediate response, to lash out, did she move.

Though the Dark Red egg would go untouched. It clearly was not in the mood and Marty was not going to unravel all of her hard work to force herself onto it. Instead, she made quick paces again, allowing her hand to trail over the other eggs, but not lingering long enough to let them feel that bubbling mass of feelings she was burying in for the time being. If she wasn’t feeling better in a few minutes?

She’d remove herself from the sands until she was.

------

Juhvek - He

If it didn’t want to be his friend, Juhvek wasn’t going to force it. That was fine. When the baby seemed all but withdrawn from him, he moved on. Not far, just to another nearby egg. There was some upset over by Rhianth, and he noted it enough to know there was likely to be another lecture after all was said and done however.

He didn’t mind the work, only that this would be because somebody did something they likely shouldn’t have.

The thought was all but put out of mind as he made his way over to Make A Man Out of You and rested his hand on the surface. There always seemed to be something to do - and Juhvek liked that. There was no just sitting and waiting. What would this egg prefer to do?

------

Fahn - She

Fahn felt better for Gryffindor’s approval of her pep - though she hadn’t felt down about it for very long. Yeah! YEAH! Mmmm! She felt so good! Like she could run a marathon! Two marathons! Oh! She was ready to go! The sound of laughter - was it laughter - drew her attention away from the eggs for a moment. Wasn’t that…..Gru? Seemed like he was having a good time! Excellent!

As for her -

Rhianth’s sudden alert made Fahn glad it wasn’t turned on her, and she was also rather thankful she wasn’t over by whichever egg had caused the fuss. That sounded like a cue to move on and with a grateful pat onto Gryffindor, she did just that. Again, she didn’t linger long on many of the eggs and instead circled her way over towards Forbidden Forest, touching all of the eggs along the way.

Lots of exciting things happening out here! Are you watching? Can you see them? it was the same energy that had made Dementor push her away, but maybe this little baby would appreciate it more?

-----

Kinyegele - She

Oh. Kinye was very excited to meet all of the babies! And of course, she couldn’t wait to see what the fated pairs would be - some of these people had waited for so long for it. And of course, Someday My Prince Will Come would wait it’s entire life up until that moment for theirs!

It will be wonderful to see. I really liked the last time too. Do you want to see what it was like? I can show you! I hope yours is just as wonderful - they’ll be so happy to have you.

And if it wanted, Kinye was more than willing to open up what she’d seen on the Beach the first time she’d gotten to stand on the sands while baby dragons looked for their lifemates.

-----

Kahbrohm - He

Him? Nice? It wasn’t the kind of statement Kahbrohm often heard when one referred to him and he wasn’t sure how he felt about it. Honest, maybe, but not nice. Not that he would let Lumos know that. If it wanted to think he was a nice boy, he’d let it.

It didn’t have much to share about itself, though, and he pondered what snippets it was holding onto from the outside. He offered an image of his father - shining and wonderful and strong - to perhaps compare to Lumos’ own father, then….he moved on.

Up, around, a hand on each shell he passed and a moment to linger and allow his thoughts to be mulled over. The upset of Sectumsempra did put a pause in the ease of his wandering, but he wasn’t afraid of Rhianth - at least, he didn’t suspect he would earn her wrath, so outside of the same respectful fear that was instilled by anything that could destroy you, but chose not to, he wasn’t going to let her anger keep him from drawing closer to the eggs that were, frankly, closer to the queen.

Namely, Avada Kedavra. It felt unhappy - underwhelmed, maybe?. Was it because it had to share the limelight with it’s siblings? Kahbrohm passed a meaningful glance over towards Dehka, then away again. No. This was about these eggs - and seeing what strength would want him as it’s complement. He was not a bad choice. He was not to be replaced.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:45 am
Be her. That was advice adults gave when explaining how to befriend people, or even animals. Dragons were entirely different from either. “Alright,” she said, “I’ll try.” Tizenia nodded, reaching to stroke the egg. “It’s nice to meet you,” she said. “You have a big family, me too. I just came here, though, so all I’ve got is Misty. I’m the youngest.”

She gave the egg another pat before going over to Baby Mine to join her sister.

—-

Shanley thought the egg had a good question. What did she want to expect? Well... She wanted to see dragons and people happy.

“Yeah, I’ve only met these two though. Have they been kind to you? Which one should we go to next?” It seemed Torin had someone tagging along now.

“Smerdle”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:25 am
Shar gave a small nod that the egg could hopefully feel since sight wasn't an option. It was right in saying the eggs were the top priority and she had been through enough Touchings to know that sometimes it was best to simply ignore the insanity around her in favor of doing her own thing. Still, if any of the Candidates stepped out of line near her they'd definitely be getting an earful.

Departing the egg, Shar tried to scan the area for eggs that weren't as crowded. Some had garnered lots of attention and others were left untouched, or at least not very frequently stroked. She moved over to another striped egg, this one larger than the one she had just touched. Pressing her hand against the Expelliarmus Egg, Shar offered up a warm mental greeting.

"Seems your clutch is the rowdier of the two," she said quietly. "How about you?"  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:29 am
Akaris - She, Western

She'd been back and forth about this for days.  For weeks.  One moment she wanted to attend, the next she was absolutely sure she didn't want to.  On the one hand, any visit to High Reaches was an opportunity to see Rylyrr, but she also knew full well that that was not a valid reason for participating in the candidate swap...which added a reflexive 'no' to attending, because even if it wasn't the entirety of her motivation, she did want to see him, and maybe that somehow invalidated any other reason for going.  And of course, she didn't want to Impress and be stuck away from Western, from her family, for a whole five turns.

...but she also didn't believe that she'd Impress, and had been quite convinced of that for over a turn now.  She couldn't say that she didn't want to attend because she might Impress and be stuck at High Reaches while also believing she wouldn't Impress at all regardless. (Well, she could say those things, and had, but when said one after the other, it became apparent that both couldn't be the case.) What avoiding the swap because of Rylyrr and the possibility of getting stuck at High Reaches were, were excuses.  Much more convenient, easier-to-digest excuses than that she was afraid.  Afraid of just about every element of a Touching: the eggs, the clutchparents, even the other candidates.  All of it.  She wanted to hide from all of that, but she couldn't forever, not if she wanted to keep being a candidate.  Sooner or later, there would be another clutch at Western, and that she wouldn't be able to opt out of.

So maybe...maybe it was better to get it over with now.  As...as practice.  As a chance to try to get it right.  That was what she kept telling herself, and had been all night while she tossed and turned instead of sleeping, and went back and forth all over again about whether or not she would do this.  Right up until the moment she'd climbed aboard a dragon to be brought over, she hadn't been sure.  She'd been half-tempted even then to change her mind, make an excuse and run, but...

Too late now.  She reminded herself, over and over, to control her fear.  Control everything.  She clasped and twisted her hands together so tightly that it hurt as she bowed to the parents of the clutches.  Five of them!  There were five!  And one of the golds was absolutely massive, and her eyes very, very red.  Akaris resolved to avoid that one's clutch for now.  A quick, sweeping glance was enough to spot Rylyrr over there  his stature impossible to miss.  Just as well that she was going to the other clutch, then.  She took slow, steadying breaths as she approached, and took a moment to admire the colors of Fianth's clutch...and was also struck by just how many there were.  Between her and Rhianth, there were a lot of eggs, which meant a lot of baby dragons later...

Shards.  Maybe this...maybe this hadn't been the best idea after all.  Imagining eyes upon her - it was that girl, here to muck it all up - she wished suddenly that she had a hood, or even her cute hat, and felt terribly vulnerable.  She didn't touch any eggs right away - she needed to be calm and positive, and that required a bit of an adjustment period to get herself sorted - but would have felt daft standing still, so she sort of milled about for a bit, discreetly watching the other candidates and their reactions to the eggs, trying to suss out which one might be nice.  Safe.

Maybe that one?  She took another calming breath, reined in what she could of her nerves, and ever-so lightly brought her hand to rest against the understated shell of the Be Our Guest Egg, offering a tentatively friendly Hello.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:04 am
Willim -- HR
Positive Traits: fearless, chivalric, playful, big on family, loyal, team player, honest (in that it's hard for him to lie)
Negative Traits: hot-headed, combative, a herd beast, a brat, a hella flirt, naive, honest (in that he's not exactly the most tactful soul)
Sex: Male

Willim could feel the pride rolling off this egg, and he smiled. Why shouldn't the baby within be proud? It was a stunning egg! "Yes, someone finally noticed you!" He smoothed his hand over the shell, concentrating on happy things -- which was easy, because he was happy! And excited and thrilled to be here. The Nimbus 2000 egg seemed to be full of energy, just as excited about the day as he was. It had been a good choice to come touch this egg!

"I wonder what sort of dragon you'll be," he said to the egg. "Hah, for all that, I wonder what sort of dragonrider I'll be!" He also wondered, quietly to himself, if this was the dragon for him, but he had thought that about all the eggs he had touched too. All he knew was that he was going to Impress one of these baby dragons for sure!  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:46 am
Where the first egg had elicited a smile, this one got a surprised chuckle, whether due to its enthusiasm, its hopping, or both.

"I... I can't wait for you to hatch either," Rykin said, holding his hand in place through the lurch. A part of him was worried he might be blamed for moving the egg, but surely its mother knew the difference between a bounce and a push. He glanced at Fianth and Krahsujunth, oblivious to the disturbances affecting the other clutch.

"I am definitely having a good time so far," he continued after a breath or two. "And I've only met one of your siblings, who was just as much of a surprise as you." He tried to project pleasant, happy calm as he lifted his hand and took a step back, but there was a lot of giddiness there too. "I'll see you when you hatch?" This was so weird.

Rykin moved on after that, peering at colorful shell after colorful shell until he reached a smaller, pink egg that felt rather friendly. He shuffled closer, giving the speckled shell of the You've Got a Friend in Me Egg a pat.

Good afternoon, he thought at the dragon. Are you having fun meeting all of us today?

Quote:
Rykin

Pronouns: he/him

Blurb: A Journeyman Woodcrafter recently searched to Western who is a little bit 'wtf is my life' at the moment. Likes people and dragons who don't immediately put him into a category, even if that category is positive. Quiet, hides a lot about how he is feeling, nervous that his sister might be disappointed if he does something wrong today, nervous about his brother... in general.

Has Met:
      Colors of the Wind - an egg with purpose. gave him some spine when he needed it.
      Once Upon a Dream - a delightful busybody. rykin would have liked to stay and tell it some stories, but the hopping... he's a little worried he's going to be blamed for inciting The Bounce.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games