Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Anakumath's Hatching] From a Little Spark May Burst a Flame Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spockat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:33 pm
B’jor of brown Mesikath

“Its called a surprise,” B’jor grinned wide and drummed on his father’s back loudly in their hug. “It wouldn’t have been nearly as fun to make regular plans.” B’jor took a seat beside them. Wa’ren seemed no worse for wear, the wounds that took long to heal from threadfall weren’t obvious anyway - and it squashed the worry of living so far away from a loved one.

“This is Nonami,” He introduced. “Nonami, this is my father Wa’ren.”

'Prism Shine'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:33 pm
Happy Ghost Green paused in mid step - she'd not been bothered by the honk of disappointment from Eggplant Blue when they were aimed at her. But that sudden change in her brother's demeanor had the little green moving with more than just a little oomph in her step to plant herself between the teeth of her brother and the candidate he pointed them at.

She planted herself firmly, wings outstretched and her posture resolute.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:37 pm
Elibrie - she/her

Thoguh she knew well by now that these things happened, and to remain calm, Elibrie always found fights between hatchlings deeply unsettling, and had pressed herself as close as possible to either Oranie or Juhvek, if not both, until it was done. At least it had never come towards them; Elibrie, at least, appreciated the bronze's efforts to keep them safe, though she wasn't privy to any of the hatchlings' thoughts on the matter, nor did she know exactly how much danger there may or may not have been. From where she stood, the bronze seemed like a Very Good Dragon, though if asked, would also admit to knowing little.

Others hatched - still none of the ones she had inadvisably allowed herself to grow fond of, but all beautiful and perfect nonetheless - and the first bronze to hatch called for the boys. Accordingly, she unwound her hand from Juhvek's and glanced between him and Lisa Frank expectantly. A bronze had summoned, and he would go...right?

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

Relku - he/him

Well, that had been...somewhat dramatic. There had certainly been much worse fights on the Sands, and so Relku hadn't been too concerned apart from keeping tabs on the situation to make sure he got out of the way if necessary (and that his newfound Sands-neighbor did the same). Before he could comment on how to had all wrapped up, though, the other bronze was reaching out, calling for the male Candidates to attend to him.

"Ah. We are to attend, apparently," he said to Chakuri by way of explanation, giving the young woman another lopsided grin as he departed to do as he'd been bidden. "I'll be back sooner rather than later, I'm sure."

He had no end of respect for the young bronze -and every other young dragon - of course, but he'd responded to no few such group summons in the past, and had no expectation that doing so would get him anything more than looked at in passing at best.

Tsunake

Ismay - she/her

It was only by sheer luck that Ismay was able to attend the Hatching, as it was her restday; otherwise, she'd have been in the kitchens, helping to prepare for the impending dinner rush, and with little more than the briefest thought about seeing the baby dragons. As it was, she was already considering making her way there in spite of what day it was, as they'd surely need all the help they could get to prepare for the Feast...but she felt she ought to at least bid the little ones well, see them and cherish them for what little while she could. For...for poor Ulimeth.

Not that she didn't hold him and His close in her memories every day, and perhaps it was torturing herself to watch the baby blues seek out Theirs, all the while knowing in her heart what fate likely held in store for them, but somehow she felt she owed it. To mourn, without end, those who had been lost and those who would follow.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:38 pm
Candidate Nalacko - HR, she/her
With the first two dragons Impressed, Nala felt like she could take a deep breath. Everything seemed to have shifted to a lower gear. She saw Lojze head toward the remaining bronze. “Good luck!” She whispered. A bronze wouldn’t be interested in her, so Nala checked the other dragons around her.

The handsome Eggplant Blue was still hanging with her group. And the abundance of greens on the sands were precious. A couple were anxious; Nala thought their riders would fold them up in warm loving arms. The twin greens melted her heart.

She was quickly pulled back to the blue in front of her by the snarl and bared teeth. Oh! Should she step back or stay there? The Happy Ghost green came to defend Lojze, and Nala felt a wave of gratitude wash over her that she hoped the green felt. Even though she didn’t want the siblings to fight either.

“I’m sure he didn’t mean any offence Eggplant Blue. I’m sorry. Please don’t be mad at him.”

tatterpixie
Lojze

ShinosBee
Zelaya

Hattaki
Suyua

magnadearel

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:41 pm
[ candidate kedriom ] - high reaches weyr - he/him

So much had happened so quickly--some rather intense combat, two Impressions, and far more dragonets emerging from their shells. There were even twins, and he stood almost bewildered for a moment as he reviewed his mental notes to the best of his ability. Had he accounted for that--? There had been plenty of twins in their lineage, based on his research, but had he written it down--
Oh. Right. Heleste had asked him a question. Whoops.

"I, um. Honestly, I'm excited to see all of them." Truthfully, he still felt bad about how nervous he'd made the Sunshine Egg--the realization that he'd upset not one, but two dragons made his heart drop. "I just hope I made a half-decent first impression, y'know?"

The Bronze's pull was felt, but he remained in place. After seeing that fight break out, he wasn't sure he wanted to get much closer just yet; he'd prefer to wait and see what happened first.

faesinger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:41 pm
Lojze -- HR, he/him

Lojze felt the voice in his head from the blue that had approached them and ice ran down his back. He'd already been attacked once by a dragonet -- would this be the second? Stopping, he turned and faced the blue baby. "I believe in giving myself options," he replied, keeping his thoughts calm and steady. "If you wished to Impress to me, you would have." He wouldn't reject the blue if he did choose to Impress him, however, and he kept this thought in his head as well.

He turned away and continued toward the bronze.  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:47 pm
Haveli + Brown Sathanaseth

By the time the pair had reached the area set aside for feeding, Haveli was sure she was going to starve to death. The whole affair had happened before dinner in the Weyr, so combining her hunger with that of her dragon - yes, hers - Haveli felt her her stomach was going to flip. At her side, Sathanaseth rumbled in some sort of amused nature, though Haveli took it to be the rumble of his stomach. "Be patient and I'll feed you just fine."

I have nothing but patience to spare. The brown moved into a position near some buckets of meat, waiting. As his rider moved over, knife in hand, it was pleasing to see she had the skill to butcher fast enough he need not wait. There was a hunger gnawing harder at him than anything he'd felt before, though every time it threatened to rise up it felt like a hand was there to push it back down. You should hurry though. The others will be here soon and I don't want to have to deal with it.

Sathanaseth sounded so resolute for a being not even a tick of a candlemark old, and Haveli snorted as she tossed a decent sized chunk of meat into his waiting maw. "But you're going to deal with it whether you want to or not. If I have to make nice and smile then you have to make nice and smile."

I can't smile.

"I'm sure you'll figure out a way. You're clever enough." A hand came down to stroke the headknobs before her, the face before her, with fingers careful to dance along eye ridges that would desperately need oiled. It was still such a strange sensation to have him beside her and yet within her, to feel his heartbeats as strongly as her own and taste the blood of the meat he chewed as if she were eating herself. "Just a little bit more, and then we'll get you oiled."

Hmm. The only thoughts the continued after were ones of eating, and Haveli continued to provide. Soon he'd be full, soon he'd be oiled, and soon - Pern would come to know them more.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:48 pm
Heleste She/her - High Reaches

Heleste looked at Kedriom in confusion. “Why are you not stepping forward?” She reached behind the boy and shoved hard towards the bronze asking for attention. “Surely you want to be there if he is your dragon?” She pushed again just to emphasis. "Go. Go." Also, she thought, don't make him mad.

Zaikt
Kedriom

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:50 pm
I said, the Lisa Frank bronze repeated, Attend me. His eyes, which had been a gentle blue-green, now whirled a red-violet.

Quote:
That compulsion juuuuust got stronger. WEEEE!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:53 pm
At first, he'd simply stopped when the Happy Ghost Green had slid in front of him, blocking his angle of attack on Lojze--the Eggplant Blue stared flatly down at his sister, snout wrinkling into a snarl once more.
Can I help you? You're in my way. he snapped, his wings slowly raising to make himself look bigger; if he could intimidate her into backing down, that would be just dandy. If you don't mind, I've got some very important business to attend to, and you're being annoying. Not a fan of that, might I add.

Really, he'd have been fine for a few more seconds, at least long enough for Lojze to get a little more distance--that is, he would have been, provided Lojze had kept his mouth shut. The main issue here was that he hadn't, and the Eggplant Blue had had enough.

Oh, you insolent boy-- His mindvoice was all sharp edges and dripping venom as he reared up, already moving to feint around the Happy Ghost Green. If she wasn't fast enough, it was clear that he had every intention of colliding with Lojze in the most painful manner possible.

demon_pachabel

tatterpixie

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Spockat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:56 pm
Rahmsii

Rahmsii was already moving across the sand, but as the strong compulsion snapped at his mind he was quite close. As requested. It was a bit unnerving to see their eyes change to an irritated whirl. Hopefully they didn’t find Rahmsii too unappealing with a look like that in their eye.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:56 pm
There was a loud crack and suddenly the No. 2 Pencil Egg split in two. One little gold went rolling down in a heap, but the other stood proud, wings spread, eyes whirling a bright red. There was a faint blue of amusement in their edges, but only those closest would see.

Attend my bronze brother AT ONCE. That is an order, not a request. Do not make me repeat myself! It was an absolute command. The power she radiated slammed through every Candidate on the Sands.

The boys would obey, no questions asked, or face her displeasure. For surely, who would tell her no?

Quote:
All you boys, better line up.. Or on your heads be it.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:57 pm
She had no words to speak, no witty banter to return. The green knew she was in danger of harm. But she would not be cowed by his teeth, his claws, or even his size - Happy Ghost Green's eyes bore into her brother with her calm blues now giving way to the reds of what would be her only thoughts on the matter. When Eggplant Blue moved, she moved, all but throwing her weight into his very mouth if she had to without a moment of hesitation to keep his claws and teeth from the flesh of the candidate who was still retreating.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:58 pm
Although both queens were exactly the same size, the little No. 2 Pencil gold who had fallen stayed on the Sands, watching the proceedings with eyes that wavered between yellow and green. Was she about to witness a scene of carnage? That... would not do.  

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:00 pm
Kahbrohm - He/Him

The second push was stronger - and this time backed by a gold - and Kahbrohm's pride was overshadowed by sheer power. He could hate that with all of his being, but it still moved him to join the others. If he had to be there, though, Kahbrohm would at least stand proud and look like he belonged there.

-----
Juhvek - He/Him

A second push, and Juhvek fought it again - though not without a lot of consideration and several steps taken towards that throng. He'd been certain he wasn't going to budge until it became clear that....two golds had hatched.

And one was now demanding he do that, which everything inside of him told him he did not desire to do. But it was the will of a gold, not a bronze, that moved Juhvek to that throng of boys to be considered.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games