Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Kleoth's Hatching] Coveting Their Grace (Open!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:42 am
The Red Patterned Egg had showed no outward signs of movement in quite some time, silently pondering its options while everything else went on outside its shell. It hadn't been completely inactive, however; the soft sound of cracks forming as Red Patterned chipped away it its prison was likely too quiet for the Candidates to hear, but they'd get their sign of life soon enough. The hatchling within is ready now, and it knows exactly what it needs to do.

It likely seemed--abrupt, to the assembled Candidates, or perhaps even out of nowhere, but the top of the egg practically explodes into a flurry of fragments, accompanied by a dark blur of movement. Once the hatchling was free and standing between the rest of the clutch and their audience, it's clear enough that the little thing was a Blue, eyes tinged with red as he turned toward the Candidates with an utterly baleful expression. The Red Patterned Blue huffs, shaking his wings to dislodge some of the egg shards still clinging to his hide, and moves on to the second step of his plan.

There was somebody here that he desperately needed to meet, but he had to find them first. He began trotting toward the assembled Candidates, moving at a rather fast clip to cover the distance as quickly as possible; they'd all waited long enough, hadn't they?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:03 am
Kleoth

Would it be easier if you were to call for Yours here, my loves? You've come a very long way, and there's no shame in it. Or, we can all go looking together if you'd like. They were so very brave, and she knew that things would feel much better once they'd found Theirs and gotten a bite to eat.

demon_pachabel

Mr Cheri

Serrekhar

Josen earned an irritated huff, mostly due to the fact that Serrekhar didn't have any kind of rebuttal. "Yeah, well." He grumbled, tearing his eyes away from the heartache that was the two small whites (one of whom was clearly terrified), to look at the blue that had caught Josen's eye. He was quiet for a moment, thinking. "You get any kinda feelin' from him?" He asked. It wasn't unheard of, from what he knew.

He glanced again to the white siblings, knowing their mother had it well in hand, but... The one just seemed so scared, and the other was now clearly tired while trying to comfort her brother...

demon_paqchabel

Bukichi

Ah... The bronze was off once more after making certain that Sioryl was all right. Some of the hatchlings were finding Theirs now--and the sudden movement of Navit snagged Bukichi's attention. It took only a glimpse to assess the physical contact and ]b]Valendyr's expression. "We might get lucky." He agreed, and if he subtly inserted himself between the two boys, well, he was merely spreading out as the blue dragonet had asked.

Uta

SilverLutz

Faesinger

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:30 am
Cracked Egg Green was pleased as punch by both the company and the cuddles, and her eyes sparkled with glee at Teal Rosette's tale of in-egg fratricide. I bet it was a brown in there with him, she added to the speculation, That would explain how he got to be so big. Oh yes, this was a tale she was absolutely going to remember and never let go - truth or no didn't matter, not when it was so deliciously dark.

As far as Lailokenth, though... The pale green pulled a face that made it obvious how not cute she thought he was. Hard pass.  You're more than welcome to as much of him as you want, sister. More power to her for knowing what she wanted and not being shy about it, but the brown was definitely not to Cracked's own tastes. Him and all the rest of the boys, for that matter. No, present company was much more her style, and if she spared an appreciative glance for Teal Rosette and Bee, well. Why not?

Uta

Tsunake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:57 am
Well, now here were a pair of girls who knew how to pay a compliment! The Brown Striped Blue preened a little under their attention, and he reached out to give Oreune and Mhinadi each a little nuzzle. My secrets? Why, you two are already perfectly lovely exactly as you are. As for if they could do anything for him... Not at this time, I'm afraid. Chin up, girls! There were still plenty of people to see... and tempted as he was to linger, he was very hungry.

houllow

Samuel Carlin

Pink Flower Green looked between Tihrokat and Matotoka for a moment, quiet compared to her more vocal twin. Still, she felt compelled to add-- It's okay if we aren't. Or if you just want to be his friend. She didn't want him to feel obligated, since she knew she wasn't super interesting.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

No! Bee Green gasped, utterly delighted with Teal and Rosette's addition to the gossip. Oh, how awwwwwful~ Hopefully His doesn't have a firelizard or anything she's too attached to, y'know? I bet as soon as she's not paying attention... CHOMP! She clicked her own jaws together for emphasis.

As for the subject of boys... Oooh, you like them feisty, huh? That's not a terrible trait...~ And oh, stop it, you! She nuzzled at Cracked with amusement, not above eating up the attention! After a long moment though, she gave another dramatic sigh and slowly rose to her feet.

I hate to cut this short, girls, but you know how it is. Come find me later. The hunger pangs plaguing her could not longer be ignored, not even for good gossip and even better company. Finally, she turned her attention to the Candidates at hand, sauntering towards them with all the confidence in the world.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:16 am
Navit

If Navit had noticed the distress of Valednyr and Bukichi’s intervention, he didn’t show it. (He hadn’t being too distracted by the dragons.) But he did obligingly move aside a little at the blue’s request. Navit wanted to go to Sioryl and check if the boy wanted to talk but kept apart as asked. Once the blue had impressed or moved on. Yes, then he could talk with his new friends again. “We are here for you!” He called to the blue.

uta

silverlutz

Tsunake

Nuamia

Nuamia reached out to squeeze Ciraine’s hand. “She looks like she is just comforting her brother. Though he looks pretty scared. Maybe she will help him find his?” Nuamia said about the whites. “Oh. The greens are breaking up! And coming over!” She leaned into Kadosse and whispered, loud enough that Ciraine could hear, “maybe she is coming for you!”

Zaikt

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:25 am

It had become clear to the white Teal and Blue Lightning dragonet that her sisters did not want to come over. That... oh well. It was okay. Perhaps they would want to talk later. She turned quite suddenly, when Mama suggested calling for Hers from where she was, surprised. Maybe Mama didn't know, but she had been there to take care of brother. She didn't need to be there, and she wasn't hurting, just a little sad that she couldn't make it all the way over to sisters.

Mama, brother, I'm going, she told them, and toddled toward the Dusty Rainbow egg, going as fast as her tired little feet could carry her. It wasn't far, thankfully. When she arrived, she placed a tiny, delicate paw against her sibling's shell. Do you mind... would you mind coming out? Can we play together? she asked diffidently.

Tsunake
demon_pachabel
Uta

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:38 am
Papys - He/Him

Papys laughed, "Almost! I got a lot of chest to suck the air out of, so.." he slapped an open palm against his broad chest, though his fingers lingered over scars on it hidden beneath that robe he wore. The marks of a fierce baby dragon that was gone off to other things and places now.....

he forced his mind to not linger.

But more and more of the babies were coming to linger within the candidates, each looking up at different faces to see if they could find who they were looking for. "Maybe we'll have another come over to say hi here soon."

Samuel Carlin

-----
Matotoka - He/Him

Matotoka would have made to move for the sake of the first blue in their midst, except -

"Well, here they are," he stated matter of factly, looking down at the blue and green pair that looked so completely delighted (well, one of them did) to be there. He smiled at the twin pair, placing his hands on his hips.

"Hey, hey, I'm happy to be both of your friends if you want me, you know."

Meepfur

-----
Josen - He/Him

Josen snorted, watching Serrekhar as he made helpless eyes at the smallest of the babies on the sands. Really, he understood to some degree - especially the first hatched of the two, delicate and tired from the first-hardest task of her life already complete and still so much to do. But it didn't pluck his heartstrings more than make him root for her strengths.

Her brother, on the other hand, seemed already incredibly overwhelmed from just existing.

As for the blue that he'd been looking at: "Not particularly, no. He's handsome, though."

Tsunake

-----

Kadosse - She/Her

"I spent quite a bit of time with that handsome boy," Kadosse answered, motioning to the Purple Dinosaur Spotted Bronze with a bit of a wistful sigh. So many sevens indeed.

But what really held her attention was that gossip gaggle of greens. How nice was it for them to have a little pow-wow, even if the topic at hand was a touch more morbid than she would have liked. "I'd love to be in that little circle, though. Doesn't that look awfully fun? Just getting to sit and chat it up with so little to care about in the world?"

Faesinger
Fren

Zaikt
Fren

-----
Amahno - He/Him

Amahno stepped away from the group, since it seemed one of the babies thought things were looking a little crowded, though he was careful to not step too close to any of the other dragons that were circling the group of candidates and sizing them up.

What were they looking at? Hmmm.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:43 am
Oh. This was okay, right? Expected even - Green Spiderweb White's sister was so much stronger than he was, emotionally at least, and was already off to face the world while he, pathetically, had to sit and hide behind their mother.

Kleoth's suggestion would earn a soft creel of dismay from him before he poked his head out from around her leg to peer into the candidates agai- oh Faranth, they were looking at him, nevermind.

But what if.....they don't want to come? he asked, already knowing what would happen, but still not completely braced to either possibility.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:49 am
Kleoth

The queen sent a wave of affection after her small daughter before turning to gently nuzzle at Green Spiderweb White. I think that would be the silliest thing they could ever do. She replied. But I think you'll be surprised. You are everything they ever hoped and dreamed of, and without you, they would be lost. Kleoth was absolutely certain of that.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:03 am
The Bee Green expertly wove her way through the gathered throng, flicking her tail here and there. She knew where she was going, of course. She'd known all along. There was no fussing here, no plaintive searching... no, the green headed directly towards a pair of candidates without any trouble at all. But what was this? Was Hers making eyes at someone else...?

Mhinadi, darling... Don't tell me you'd be happy with some silly blue! You've got to dream big! Liiiiike... maybe of the dragon you thought was perfect. Ignoring the other girl nearby, the green dragonet brushed against Mhinadi's legs, winding around them just like a contented feline. I'll tell you a little secret. I think you're perfect, too. You didn't mind waiting for your Scandiacuth, did you? I just had to stop and chat a little, first!

User Image

Samuel Carlin

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:08 am
Tihrokat

Tihrokat was so excited by the approach of his egg-friends that he could have ascended into the sky at that very moment. They remembered him, and they really were his friends! "Hi," he said in an almost-whisper, doing his best to not just lose his mind in his sheer joy. "You're definitely still my friends! Both of you! If-If you want to be. Oh, and this is my other friend, Matotoka! I'm sure he'd be happy to be your friend, too, if you'd like that."

"Can I...can I pet you? Would that be alright?" What he really wanted was to hug them, but that seemed like too big of an ask.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:08 am
Natiri - he/him

It was a relief when the browns both impressed—honestly Fyfy's call after the larger one, the one that had spoken to him in mild warning, was alarming. He had tensed then, ready to step out of the way if it had become angry, and pull her along with him, but thankfully it had simply gone about its business in impressing. "Posturing is silly, but it looks like they're settled. It's good."

In the time that had taken, the sands had become utterly littered with hatchlings, and now Natiri was even less sure where to look. He nodded along to Fyfy's cooing over the greens—there was something about them that definitely reminded him of his friend, indeed!—and then skimmed the remaining intact eggs. "A few. I liked the blue one... she hatched into one of those greens, even, there..." He nodded lightly towards Teal Rosette green. "...And the yellow one." That egg hadn't hatched yet though, and while he gave it a fond glance, he refocused again on the exploring hatchlings, lingering only a moment on where Kleoth hid the smaller white, before watching the larger one move to pat against another uncracked shell. "What about you? Any in particular?"

Sweet Symmetry

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:09 am
Green Spiderweb White took in his mother's words for a long time, allowing them to sink in. He could have asked 'what if's all day, but he didn't have that kind of time. His was out there and ...and...... all she seemed to care about was his sisters -

The little white was about to burst with distress, barely holding it together as he finally stepped out from hiding, his tiny wings half spread as he took cautious steps towards the candidates. They were all going to look at him and pity her for being the only thing he could see this entire time. There was absolutely no other and she....

she.....

Nuamia.... he called out to the young woman, his voice teetering a line between a desperately held calm and the absolute wave of apologetic clinginess that followed after. I know you said....you don't care the color...and only that you do........but I'll understand if I'm not what...or who you can love. Because who could I love....if not you?

He walked slowly as he made his way towards her, slowly slumping into the sands as his terror, deep to his core, threatened to blot out the rainbows of impression.

Can you be your Tzikwuth's?

User Image

Faesinger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:23 am
The Yellow Swirl Egg suddenly rolled, almost as though the being inside had started awake. What...? What time was it? Where was everyone? Was it--was it still in its egg...? Oh dear. It wobbled from side to side slowly, struggling to free itself.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:35 am
Ollandin

In comparison to Ollandin, it was true: Papys had an acre of chest to suck the breath from. He had no shame about his own size, or build, but in comparison -- well, there really was none. A lack of scarring, perhaps, but that wasn't obvious, what with robes and all. The visible was all.

And so was the hope. "Of course we will. How coule they resist us?" He stood a little straighter, and not so unconsciously, puffed his chest out, deliberately competing when he knew he couldn't win. "We're irresistable."

Or something like that.

demon_pachabel

Anneke and green Uluth

"Oh, I think they could," the diminuitive rider said,, her smile bright. "Don't they look like they're telling stories to each other? Or maybe about each other?" The idea amused Anneke and thrilled Uluth. She'd like to hear some stories, too!

Look! she all but crowed. There are some girls Impressing, now. Gooooo, girls! Go and find yours and then come and tell us everything!

faesinger

Dea and #Teddy#

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas