Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
TM1 - A Snagem Siesta in Paldea [Complete/Free Posting] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:57 am
Finally making it to the hotel, getting our keys, the three of us would pass by Sol on the way to our room. While there were no weird battle gimmicks or anything of that sort, that wasn’t to say there wasn’t oddities to me, namely in that of the Pokémon Center we had just left a short bit ago. “Yes. Yes we did.” I said, not really wanting to delve into it further.

“He’s still suffering from culture shock.” Freth said.

“Okay, thank you.” I said, staring at Freth making my way off for the room.

As I made my way down the hall to the room, both Tristen and Freth looked at each other for a moment. “I got a feeling it is gonna to be harder to get Blizz lighten up about this trip than I thought…” Tristen said to Freth.

“You’re not wrong.” Freth then stated.

----------------

Later into the evening as everyone turned in and a nights rest, hoping that things weren’t going to be as bad as expected…an alert comes over each of the SNAGs. Mine and Freth’s especially. “Oh what the hell?” I spoke up, getting jarred awake.

“Oh no…” Freth said.

“No rest for the weary, it seems.” The hunter spoke up in Freth’s consciousness. Freth winced a bit, staring at her SNAG afraid to open it up. That was a noise that heralded every reason why a certain someone, namely me, would be further justified in his line of thinking.

I would open the SNAG, seeing the message, having to wince a bit from the light from the display. “What is it?” Freth asked.

“Larrimore.” I spoke up. “Possibly found a Shadow Pokémon.”

“Are you serious? Augh…” She pulls herself out of bed and hurries to go get dressed, not wanting to run outside in her pajamas.

“You got Absol still with you?” I asked Freth.

“I do, why?”

“Just checking. Also, take Tristen with you when you go. I think he has his Weavile and Zebstrika on him.” I said to her as I too went up and went to get mostly dressed. I didn’t bother putting on my vest, but at least a shirt and pants was going to do.

“What are you going to do?”

“Crowd control, just in case. If Paldea finds out they had Shadow Pokémon here, there’s going to be a problem. And it isn’t like I can take my guys against whatever it is without risk getting them shadowfied, immunizer or no.” I said to her.

“Blizzard playing peace keeper? That’s honestly a laugh.” The hunter then commented.

“It is too early for your bull, shut up.” Freth chided the hunter, though it got my attention because it still sounded like it was addressed to me. “Not you. Her.” Freth said. We hastily made our way out the door to our hotel room, down the hall meeting up with Tristen as he too left his room, mainly wearing his own pants and his black tank-top. “Tristen, you’re with me.” Freth told Tristen as the three of us made our way out the door.

As I split off to make to see if I could keep the situation on the downlow, Tristen and Freth made their way off to Larrimore’s position to see what he was talking about. It was a really odd Tentacruel, to be sure. Standing on its tentacles on solid ground. The coloration was off as well.

“Are you SURE this is a Shadow Pokémon and not something domestic?” The hunter spoke up in her usual criticizing ways.

She had to admit that she wasn’t sure. Earlier she witnessed what looked like a Tauros that was solid black and bulky, if albeit briefly. “Ugh, I wish I could still sense this out…Tristen, you said these things tend to have a nasty odor to you. Can you smell anything?”

“No…” Tristen said, a bit confused himself. They recalled the meeting the team had with Sub a while back, shortly after the incident in Mauville City about how the virus was trying to evolve on its own. How Shadow Auras were basically undetectable and Shadow Attacks were becoming more accessible to those not of the level they once were, as with that shadowfied Starmie.

Whatever the case may be, Larrymore’s Pineco wasn’t able to stand up to it. “Absol!” Freth called out, tossing the ball out.

“Zebstrika!” Tristen then called out as well.

The two Pokeballs landed a ways from them and out came the two Pokémon in a flash of light. The Absol howled out and Zebstrika gave a fierce neigh, rearing back on his hind legs for a moment. The two of them was ready for battle.

“Tristen, lead off, I’ll follow.” Freth said.

“Zebstrika! Shock Wave!” Tristen shouted. The Zebstrika neighed out, its mane sparked and lit up furiously, then unleashed the electrical attack upon the odd Tentacruel.

“Absol! Go! Psycho Cut!” Freth commanded. The Absol rushed in after the Zebstrika’s attack, its horn glowing fierce with kinetic power and with a whip of its head, unleashes the blade of telekinetic power down upon the Tentacruel.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:39 pm
Blizzard120
“Mercy? Would sound nice if not for the fact that Litten is male…otherwise that would have been tempting.” Doc had to admit, though honestly the doctor wondered if that was some sort of ruse to distract him from the matter at hand. “On the other hand, considering that I plan on raising the Pokémon to an Incineroar to assist Orderly around in the med lab leaves me to consider if such a name would be ironic considering most wouldn’t see a musclebound Pokémon as such.”

Doc would then take notice to the pause Darts made. Something was still bothering Darts for a moment; an aside glance would be given to Crystal for a moment. This honestly can’t keep happening for, if anything, Darts’s sake. He then perked up when Darts, well, darted over to the revealing suit to once again play around and play off whatever what was ailing him. “Oh dear…” the Doc said to himself, taking his glasses off to clean it on his shirt tail. Maybe Crystal can probably put her two cents in…
Espeon_Commander
Crystal’s ear twitched as she glanced at Darts, who seemed to be lost in his thoughts momentarily, only catching her eye as she noticed the shiver run through his jacket. A small frown would cross her face, at least until Darts turned to face her, holding that dress. A slight blue tint would appear on her cheeks as he held it towards her, followed by a facepalm when he put it against himself. "By the Light, Darts," she chuckled, shaking her head. "I mean, you can try, I guess?” The Solgaleo hybrid would cross her arms underneath her shawl, tilting her head with a small grin on her face. She was thinking back through her travels, meeting other versions of Darts, and contemplating how each of them wound up being at least somewhat different from the one standing in front of her. And despite his current antics, she was still glad that she could call this one hers, in a way.

Speaking of said antics, though, this kind of acting reinforced what she figured. There was something he wasn’t letting them in on that seemed to be bothering him. The only wonder was how to get him to talk about it without barging in like a Tauros in a china shop, either through her own abilities(not happening, that would be rude at the very minimum) or just pestering him and trying to get him to relent that way. At the very least, this probably wouldn’t be the place for it. Probably somewhere quieter, if she had to guess. There had to be one of those points during this trip, right?

With another chuckle, she’d speak up again after her thought train came back to the moment. ”You know? It might work with some more gilding, maybe,” she’d tease back, winking and sticking out her tongue slightly.

"Don't tempt me." Darts says half-jokingly as he sets the garment back into the stand. The group of them would continue their way around the market, carousing and haggling as the Giratina hybrid continued to put a happy face on everything, at least for the moment.

SubonicXP
"Welcome to Absorver Inn! Won't you stay and soak with us?" He grinned. "That's the line I got when I showed up. Cute puns, huh? Any who, here y'all go." He said, handing out the room key cards to his teammates, a card for each of them except the couples like Blizzard and Freth, Terashi and Keiko, and Odd and Lykas, they got one. "Rooms for you all! Got a good deal, group rate. Now then, room numbers are on your cards so just head on up and get a good rest. We're going to head out first thing in the morning. I was messaging with Sol earlier and we decided we're going to head to Cascarrafa in the morning. It's across a desert but I was able to book us a ride. Still though, wear something appropriate for the desert heat. And with that I'm going to bed, night guys!" And thus Sub would walk away, leaving his teammates again to fend for themselves.

As the day wore on, the three of them would find themselves back at the hotel with the other members of the team, unlikely vacation buddies through and through. Darts wasn't even trying to sneak away from the trio by the end of it, and he ends up bunking in the same room with Doc Owl.

"So..." Darts says as they stand over the singular hotel bed in their mis-booked room. "Who's the big spoon here?"

Eventually, given the physician's age and blood pressure, the Giratina hybrid would relent, padding up the bathtub with blankets and pillows to settle in for the night as the group of them passed out for a long and restful-

SubonicXP
The Snagems would retire to their hotel for the night, getting comfy and nestling in their beds as they prepared for another day of vacation in this strange new region. That was until their SNAGs rang with a message from Larrimore.

Larrimore

Possible Shadow Pokemon encountered just outside town, very violent. Back up requested.

The message said, his location pinged on their SNAGs. If anyone tried to contact GRAY they would find him unresponsive with a notice that he was undergoing routine maintenance and updates pertaining to new information in Paldea. If they instead tried to contact Sub he was fast asleep like many others. Unfortunately for Larrimore only a few Snagems would wake up to see his message, but hopefully it would be enough to assist him.

(Only one of your characters will wake up in time to see the message and join Larrimore outside town.)

At the side of the hill of which Porta Marinada was at the bottom of, just yards away from the 'official' boundaries of the city, was Larrimore and his Pineco, wielded as a flail, doing battle with a tower black capped and purple limbed Tentacruel, standing on its tentacles, a cloud of purple surrounding it. While the creature was certainly way bigger than an average Tentacruel at eight feet tall and a much different color the strangest part was it was standing, on land, and not swimming in the ocean. It was however dark outside and just far away from the city to only rely on starlight, a new moon providing little to no illumination.

Besides its strange appearance Larrimore was right, this thing was mad, very aggressive. If it was a Shadow Pokemon that would explain the aggressiveness but what was particularly worrying was the way it looked, not too dissimilar from the physical changes in Shadow Mewtwo.

"Good, I need help!" Larrimore called out as he saw the first of his teammates arrive, barely dodging a swing of one of the monster's tentacle. "This thing looks heavily Shadowfied!" Larrimore declared, commanding his Pineco to use Iron Defense as he lunged at the Tentacruel and slammed the Pineco into it only for the jellyfish to smack him back after hitting it. Hopefully the others weren't too groggy to help.

"You've got to be..." Darts mutters, hauling himself out of the little nest of blankets and pillows. He had barely managed to fall asleep for the first time in a long time before Larrimore's message would vibrate through his SNAG, prompting his jacket to sleepily toss the device out of his pocket and into his golden hand. He stands up and makes his way out into the room, where Doc was slumbering peacefully. Peacefully enough. Maybe it was time to just let him rest in order to avoid any more... probing questions.

His crest glinting in the moonlight, Darts arrived on the scene just shortly after some of the others, looking up at ominously looming over them. Alright, it was a Tentacruel huh? Thank goodness for Terashi and his Immunizer, the hybrid mused silently to himself as he tosses out his Pokeball.

"Alright, Drakloak, come on out!" The flash releases his recently-evolved Dreepy to the world, also recently a parent from the looks of things.

"Loak!" The half-Dragon croaks contentedly, a Dreepy crawling around on its head.

"Use Thunderbolt! ....Wait, what, no..." Darts had been posing triumphantly as his new Pokemon sprang into action, beginning to load the squeaking Dreepy into place like a crossbow bolt on its head. "Wait, what are you do-" The miniature Pokemon crackles with lightning as the Drakloak sights up the far off Tentacruel, launching the progeny-based missile a moment later. The Dreepy soars off, wreathed in electricity off towards the target with a delighted cackle.

"....I just." Even the normally verbose Giratina hybrid had to take a moment. "At least he seems to like it?" He asks, half to himself, half to the Ghost-type next to him.

"Loak!" The second-form Pokemon croaks its agreement as Darts shades his eyes with his hand, uncomfortably wondering how much stock he could put into a Pokemon that fired its own flesh and... ghost? As a weapon.  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:04 pm
Aile listened to the others getting their fortunes told, or in one case, their past revealed to them more fully. She didn’t listen in too hard, counting her coin before shaking her head and heading out, having the perfect excuse with Sub calling everyone to the hotel. She’d take the card from Sub, chuckling. “The desert heat, eh? Been a minute since Orre.” She’d grin, twirling the card between her fingers. “Speaking of Orre, I should take a visit to see the old man at some point… Thanks, Sub. Catch you in the morning.”

The woman would hunt down the room number on her key card, entering the room and looking around. Yep, it was a hotel room. Nothing that seemed extravagant, but also it was well kept. A desk, chair with it, a lounging chair, TV, and of course, a nice bed. Plus a closed door bathroom. She wasn't going to complain. Aile would take off her shoes and sling her backpack onto the bed, stretching before somewhat unpacking. What came out of the bag would be a change of clothes for the next day, followed by the pieces of her artifact. The clothes wound up on the desk, while the staff pieces would be organized on the bed. Settling herself into a cross legged sitting position on the bed, she took a deep breath before closing her eyes and focusing.

Reach out for it.

That's what Uxie had told her. What was meant by that, she wasn't sure, but the sprite had told her that her artifact wasn't broken, not in the sense that it didn't work at least. So, once everything settled down back at HQ, she spent some amount of time attempting to meditate, blindly attempting to figure things out. This became a routine for her for a few weeks now, even with how futile her attempts were. The whole sitting calmly and empting herself of thoughts or whatever meditation was supposed to be about wasn’t her strong suit right now, as her mind drifted to other random thoughts she might have had throughout the day. Still, she was trying. This time, though, her thoughts wound up drifting to the sleep side of things, as she finally decided enough was enough and curled up underneath the blanket of her bed, figuring she’d clean up the bed tomorrow before the team left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crystal chuckled at Darts again, refraining from really attempting to imagine the hybrid wearing that dress. With a shake of her head, she’d continue on looking at the many stalls still open, mostly killing time while they were waiting for Sub. Once they got it, it would be a simple walk over to the hotel, tilting her head as she realized that Darts was apparently(to her) deciding to bunk with Doc Owl. With a shrug, she’d head up to her own room, ready to relax and think back on the day. Maybe even sleep?

Yeah, that wasn’t going to happen. As she got to the point of wondering how she was going to fall asleep in her room, whether she was going to try the bed or just sleep on the floor again, she heard the SNAG go off, checking it as she shrugged off the idea of sleep. “Wait, huh? Uh…” She blinked, making sure her Immunizer was on her Snag Machine before taking a deep breath. “Right. Okay. Let’s go then, I suppose.”

Once she arrived at the group, she would look at the group assembled briefly before eying the Pokémon before them. Wait… What was a Tentacruel doing this far away from the sea? The coast line she could understand, but even this far was odd. And it was pretty big, too. Something just felt… off. But no time to dwell on that. Go with what you know, right? “Donne, let’s go! Extrasensory!” Her small mirror would emerge from the Pokéball she threw out, blasting the Pokémon immediately with a strange psychic blast. While the attack went out, she’d dig through her backpack pulling out a scent just in case she needed to activate her Immunizer if another one went out.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:53 am
Wind blew from the Tailwind, empowering the gathered Snagem Pokemon and making them more nimble, the angry Tentacruel intending to attack Brunor while he used Swords Dance and was vulnerable, however one Snagem had other plans. A net of electricity would fly at the Tentacruel and threaten to ensnare it before it had a chance to attack, the move intended to both bog it down and deal Super Effective damage to the jellyfish…except, it didn’t, in fact it did nothing as the Electroweb harmlessly was absorbed by the ‘Tentacruel’, the electricity passing into the ground and vanishing. As the sun intensified due to an issued Sunny Day another Electric attack came at it, a Thundershock, which it too was absorbed and passed into the ground. How was a Water type like Tentacruel doing this?

Before the ‘Tentacruel’ finally made its move against Brunor a certain Toxel came up and attempted to ram into it with a Nuzzle, the jellyfish distracted by the sudden daylight provided by the artificial sun. Annoyed and finally having something in reach to take it out on the alleged jellyfish snatched up Billy in one of its tentacles and began to squeeze him tight with Wrap, the young Pokemon now inside the shroud of assumed ‘Shadow energy’ as well. To the Toxel the composition of this cloud felt…familiar. As the creature gave Billy the squeeze someone else tried to squeeze it in turn as tendrils of grass rose up beneath it, a Grass Knot hitting its stationary target and inflicting neutral damage. That appeared to be correct, Grass isn’t Super Effective against the part Poison Pokemon Tentacruel.

Now temporarily bound in place it would be a sitting Ducklett yet still holding onto Billy as a Shock Wave struck it and like the Electric moves before was harmlessly redirected into the ground. The Psycho Cut would get much more of a reaction but perhaps not as much as expected as the blade of Psychic energy was racked across it, the ‘Tentacruel’ letting out a groan of pain yet was still holding fast onto Billy and even had enough wind in it to smack the Absol away with one of its free tentacles. One other thing would happen, regardless if it was noticed immediately, Absol was poisoned as it entered that shroud of ‘Shadow energy’. That wasn’t Shadow energy, was it?

After that yet another Electric move attempted to zap it, all of them happening too quickly, thanks to the Tailwind, for any of the Snagems to note they weren’t working, this time a Thunderbolt redirected into the ground. With a final Extrasensory assault delivered to it the Tentacruel would let out a cry. “Toeds!” It sounded off, properly angered as it took Billy and chucked him at Drakloak, apparently deciding one Pokemon being thrown deserves another thrown back.

Finding a moment to retaliate the purple and black ‘Tentacruel’ would raise two of its tentacles up in the air and begin to charge Grass energy into them, the tentacles growing rapidly in both length and width, moreso the former, and gaining a bright green glow. Once they were sufficiently large enough the ‘Tentacruel’ would begin to wildly lash out at the gathered Pokemon with a Power Whip, attempting to crush or smack the Snagem Pokemon. That wasn’t something Tentacruel learned, was it?

Larrimore would finally get back on his feet and fetch his Pineco that had been separated from him, the former knight staring at the ‘Tentacruel’ in confusion. “Those Electric moves did absolutely nothing. What is this thing? Has the Shadow virus gotten even worse or something?” He questioned, confused but he still had to move as one of the tentacles swung at him, Larrimore executing a Quick Attack to rush out of the way with his Pineco in tow.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:03 am
The other Snagems were sending a flurry of attacks the Pokémon's way, but Monique picked up on two immediate oddities. The thing was standing. And it was using attacks that were way out of character for a Tentacruel. She knew well they were Water/Poison; a handful still lived off the shore, between the walls of the Dome and the rocky Breaker Coast. But... Grass? Monique crossed her arms. A standing Grass-type Tentacruel!? Guess you can't rule out anything about the past...

Monique had exactly one Pokémon out. It had one attack move. And it was about to be used, no matter what the typing of this Pokémon.

"Weather Ball!"

Aopua'a began to form a ball of searing Fire chi from the sunbeam, hurling it toward the Jellyfish Pokémon. If this didn't work, it would definitely be time to pull out another Pokémon...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:12 am
While Electric-type moves were bouncing off this thing left and right, my focus was on both the Toxel and the Absol. Both had every right to get infected, one being wrapped up in its tentacles and the other... well the closest thing to Shadow energy it got hit with poisoned it instead. It may have been a decade ago, but I knew how to diagnose Pokemon who've been poisoned from my Academy days. The Toxel certainly should be getting infected within the tentacles of this "Tentacruel", but nothing.

"If this thing is even infected to begin with, it's not really showing it," I spoke up. The thought made me regret using up a scent for my Immunizer, but given the number of Snagems using infected Pokemon in this fight, it wasn't really a waste. "And given the number of Electric-type moves that have bounced off this thing, it probably isn't even a Tentacruel. ...or at least a Kantonian one. Maybe a regional form?" I asked, the gears turning in my head.

"Well, it's definitely Ground-type." I pointed out, as there's no way it'd be able to not be affected by so many Electric-type moves, otherwise. "Brunor, get up close to this thing and give it a taste of your powered-up Ice Punch!"

With one use of his Swords Dance complete, Brunor roared in Pokespeak and lunged at his enemy, flinging an Ice-infused fist at the tentacle Pokemon's head.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

DeoLux

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:44 pm
Seeing the electric did squat against the water(?) type, Deo would recall his Shinx and see the form did not match the pokedex entry. Shiny maybe? Of course, seeing that it used a grass move and that sunny day seemed to have an impact on it, Deo's ears perked up as if he had an idea. "Let's go Rex! Use Flamethrower on that shadowed!" The charmander looked at it funny, but obeyed as it might have seen it as a tenticruel and not a whatever this is. Deo also noticed that it seemed to have a strange way of standing up, as he figured a tenticruel was smaller, maybe.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:47 pm
Wren watched as the “Tentacruel” sloughed off the miriad Electric-type moves that had been thrown out after it, seemingly unaffected. “Is this a Ground-type?” He asked aloud. “Is it a regional variant?” He wondered quietly, trying to figure it out. When the Pokemon grabbed Billy and swatted Absol away, he felt something of a spark in the energy around the Pokemon for a moment, trying to reach out with his senses to feel for what he now suspected. He wasn’t by any means skilled at feeling out a Pokemon’s type but he had learned what Water and Ground type energies felt like thanks to the presence of Lykas and Aile around HQ. It helped confirm this was no ordinary jellyfish, at lest, at he felt no Water energy from it at all. The swirling energies from all of the attacks thrown at it fogged his senses, in a way, but he did manage to pick up on Ground energy mixed with something else. As far as he was aware no one had sent a Grass-type into battle so he could draw only one conclusion to the sense of familiarity. “I think this thing’s a Grass-type, too?” He announced to the others, though it was more question than statement at this point. “I’m going to try and hit it with something that will hurt if it is.”

Looking to Hellebore, he sighed. “Please listen a little longer.” He muttered to himself before calling out to the Drampa. “Use Flamethrower! We need to figure out what type this thing is!”

Hellebore turned to glare at his trainer, considering the order for a brief moment before deciding this would be the last chance before he made his own call. The human was proving useless so far. Rearing his head back for a moment, he lunged forward and spewed a stream of dark, wicked-looking flames toward Tentacruel. “I hope I’m right about this…”  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:33 pm
Amber watched as the Electric-type attacks thrown at this 'Tentacruel.' Apparently, the Pokemon was at least part Ground-type, and if the sudden Power Whip was anything to go by, possibly part Grass-type, also. Well, then, if that was the case, then Sander wasn't a good choice, so she recalled the Shadow Delcatty, not wanting to infect this thing if it wasn't actually Shadowfied. Luckily, she was able to recall him before the Tentacruel made contact, but now that left her with a choice. She could use Bubbles, though she would be at a partial disadvantage, or she could go for one that possibly had more of a type advantage. Weighing her options, she decided on going with the bigger advantage, and sent out Turace.

"Turace, get around behind it and use Frost Breath on the Tentacruel!" she said. Turace took one look at the 'Tentacruel' and nodded, floating into the air and doing what she could to get behind it. If successful, she would open her mouth and breathe freezing air onto the Tentacruel, hoping it would do at least some damage. This was like no Tentacruel she'd seen before, so if it was part Water-type like the one she knew, it wouldn't do much.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:16 am
After some time, Sol would awake to the sounds of another Unovan movie playing on the TV, giving it a confused look as he sat up in bed. That confused look would also extend towards Buzzwole, who'd decided to let themself out and was confused about whatever was on the weird moving-screen-that-wasn't-moving. A bit of surprise was there too, as he thought the TV had been turned off earlier. Glancing at the movie as he got out of bed showed to be another Unovan movie, part of the same series that was playing earlier with how similar it looked. "...didn't I turn this off? Or did you turn it back on?" Buzzwole would turn to give a mix between a flex and a shrug, the TV being on when they came out of the ball. Even more confused, he looked to the remote on the nightstand and saw it in roughly the same place he left it. "Well, whatever the case, it's on. Maybe the batteries are dying in this, I'll just take them out."

As he briefly opened the back of the remote to remove the batteries within, he'd also see his SNAG had an unread message and was close to falling off the nightstand. "Hm? From Larrimore and sent to everyone... oh. You know you could've woken me up?" He doubted Buzzwole would've done so anyway, if they even knew the SNAG had a message. "Looks like GRAY's still going through maintenance, too. Probably won't be back online until the morning," he commented, groaning at the seemingly sorry luck the team had in so much as going off to get a drink or something and moving to turn the TV off through its own buttons. This time, surely it'd stay off. "Okay, just in case, you're going back to your ball for now while we check this out. No, don't give me that tone of flex, I'd like to not find out if an Ultra Beast is able to be infected by this."

Sighing and hoping that maybe it actually wasn't anything as serious as it sounded, he'd get Buzzwole recalled and headed out of the hotel, double checking the location ping on the SNAG. "Southeast of here... you'd think he wouldn't go all the way into the Asado Desert." At least he could fly up the more mountain-ish part of the town and save some time on the trek there, he thought, but he knew it'd still be a while.

---

SubonicXP

Back with more pressing matters, Cera wasn't totally sure if Joltik's Electroweb worked or not. The Tailwind speeding up the attacks alongside everyone's movements made it difficult to tell, but she could see the move wasn't lingering like she expected it to do. "Oh, don't tell me the virus can change types now," she remarked, trying to keep her cool in the situation as the Tentacruel retaliated. She'd pick up on the tentacles rising and the Grass energy forming around them, psychically yanking Joltik back into her arms on reflex as she moved back to stay safe.

"Power Whip...?" She asked herself, confused at what she seemed to discern. She was pretty sure Tentacruel couldn't use that, unless this was some Paldean thing with them. Or the virus was causing even more wonkiness. "I-I don't know what's going on! Joltie's no good here at any rate..." Tapping a ball on her Joltik to recall him, she'd try to think of what might work better here. Maybe the Poison typing still applied. "Kiri, kinda need you here! Maybe an Earthquake will work better?" Sending her Tyranitar out instead, she'd land with enough force to start a tremor. And, perhaps less welcome, the sand in the area picked up shortly after as a sandstorm started up.

"Right, forgot you do that," she added, shielding her eyes as well as she could. Her Psychic seemed to still do something, too, leading her to letting out another blast to try and interrupt the Tentacruel or something.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:54 pm
Tristen stared a bit in confusion as he watched not only every other electric attack just caused no harm to the Pokemon, but his own Zebstrika's as well, and the Psycho Cut from Freth's Absol didn't garner as much as a reaction as it should. "I don't think this is a regular Tentacruel anymore."

"I'm having a hard time thinking that the Shadow virus would actually outright change a Pokemon's type. It supposed to induce negative psychological behaviors, not change something's genetic makeup." Freth said.

Worse, now that the artificial sun was out and getting a better look, there were other tell-tale things about this Tentacruel that was off. While the Power Whip attack wasn't really any evidence, since it wasn't limited to Grass types to what they were aware of, the general features were. There was a large pincer like mandible of some kind on Tentacruel while this thing didn't. Worse, this thing hasn't unleashed any Shadow Attacks of any time when it would more than likely prefer to do so at this point. "Larrimore, are you SURE this thing is a Shadow Pokemon?" Freth would then call out to the bug hybrid. "Did this thing do ANYTHING out of the ordinary or are you just judging by this things looks?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:37 pm
Billy was going along for the ride that he had inadvertently entered the line for when he charged forward to Nuzzle this great beast, letting out a few yelps and cheers as he was swung around. But eventually, the ride would have to end for Billy as someone decided to finally smack the thing with an attack and it got peeved. So Billy soon found himself going headfirst towards the Drakloak, bouncing off of the Dragon type with a solid thud before clattering to the ground to cry a little from the sudden scary impact that he had been subjected to. Sliding into position beside her Toxel, Aria would be quick to pull out a Berry and feed it to the little Pokemon to stave off the potential tantrum. "Easy, Billy. No need to get mad. We can still throw hands with this thing. Now then, lets use Belch and rock its world!" She cheered on the baby Pokemon, watching as he slowly stumbled back onto his feet and aimed towards the Tentacruel. And promptly knocked himself back onto his back as an earth-shattering Belch, wreathed in Poison energy, launched itself towards this Pokemon as revenge for the smashing that Billy and Aria were now taking from the Power Whip, the pair crying out as they attempted to dodge and weather out the strikes from this thing. What the hell kind of Tentacruel was this now? Did the Shadow Virus alter biology this much? Man, Ein certainly was a hell of a thing.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:57 pm
The fiery Weather Ball would slam into the 'Tentacruel', causing it to roar out in pain as the Fire move was clearly Super Effective against the strange jellyfish. The burning pain would be cooled by a powerful Ice Punch which would rock the Pokemon's world, knocking it clear off its tentacles and sending it flying a ways before hitting the ground rolling. Once the rolling stopped it was clear that the Pokemon was knocked out, any further moves not needed.

Looking at the fainted Pokemon for a bit and then at Freth, stumbling over his words for a bit as he tried to answer her, very uncharacteristic of the Bug type hybrid. "I-I was pretty sure...I mean, GRAY wasn't accessible but it looked disfigured like Shadow Mewtwo and had a Shadow...Aura..." Larrimore began to answer as he walked over to the fainted Pokemon, now getting a good look at it as the artificial sun from Castform's Sunny Day still shone, illuminating the area. Squatting down near the Pokemon he examined a purple powdery substance on the ground. If his face could go white it would. "It's Poison Powder..." He said, looking back at the others and then at the 'Tentacruel' on the ground.

"This isn't a Shadow Pokemon. But it can't be a regional variant of Tentacruel! The Pokedex would still confirm they are the same species, just an unrecognized subspecies, even without GRAY! I've seen it before!" Larrimore went on. "This time nothing came up, just like with Shadow Mewtwo, it didn't even recognize it as a Tentacruel but look at it! If not a regional variant or a heavily Shadowfied Tentacruel what else could it be!?" Larrimore asked no one in particular, starting to panic just slightly as it was becoming clear he jumped the gun.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:08 pm
I just shook my head at Larrimore and walked away. It was a good thing I was used to being woken up in the middle up due to Yuna's nightmares, but being woken up for a false alarm was still unpleasant.

~*~

I opened my door to find Keiko sitting up. "You okay?" I asked her, as she looked a little bit distressed.

"Where'd you go? I woke up and you were gone," Keiko asked, indeed feeling a little let down that she woke up alone.

"Larrimore thought he found a Shadow Pokemon, but it was just a black-skinned Pokemon native to this region," I explained, unbuttoning my shirt.

"Oh. Didn't GRAY set him straight?" Keiko asked, lying back down on the bed.

"No idea," I answered, not really caring as I let my shirt hit the floor on my way back to bed.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:51 pm
SubonicXP
The fiery Weather Ball would slam into the 'Tentacruel', causing it to roar out in pain as the Fire move was clearly Super Effective against the strange jellyfish. The burning pain would be cooled by a powerful Ice Punch which would rock the Pokemon's world, knocking it clear off its tentacles and sending it flying a ways before hitting the ground rolling. Once the rolling stopped it was clear that the Pokemon was knocked out, any further moves not needed.

Looking at the fainted Pokemon for a bit and then at Freth, stumbling over his words for a bit as he tried to answer her, very uncharacteristic of the Bug type hybrid. "I-I was pretty sure...I mean, GRAY wasn't accessible but it looked disfigured like Shadow Mewtwo and had a Shadow...Aura..." Larrimore began to answer as he walked over to the fainted Pokemon, now getting a good look at it as the artificial sun from Castform's Sunny Day still shone, illuminating the area. Squatting down near the Pokemon he examined a purple powdery substance on the ground. If his face could go white it would. "It's Poison Powder..." He said, looking back at the others and then at the 'Tentacruel' on the ground.

"This isn't a Shadow Pokemon. But it can't be a regional variant of Tentacruel! The Pokedex would still confirm they are the same species, just an unrecognized subspecies, even without GRAY! I've seen it before!" Larrimore went on. "This time nothing came up, just like with Shadow Mewtwo, it didn't even recognize it as a Tentacruel but look at it! If not a regional variant or a heavily Shadowfied Tentacruel what else could it be!?" Larrimore asked no one in particular, starting to panic just slightly as it was becoming clear he jumped the gun.

Monique looked on, baffled. There were many things this Pokémon could be. She looked back at the big blue worm and up at Aopua'a, whose Sunny Day was still providing enough light to make observation of this unusual specimen possible.

"That ain't a Tentacruel but it's mighty close," she remarked. Being less knowledgeable about the world's variety of Pokémon than most Snagems, it didn't even occur to her that there might be different treatment, but it made sense... She'd already dealt with regional variants of Marowak and Zigzagoon. She wondered what the Snagems would do with this apparently harmless, non-Shadow creature, and she hoped that running back through the streets with that big, unfamiliar worm Pokémon would not be an issue.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff