Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Critique the Avatar Above You -or die- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You a Flamer?
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Pff, I'm just a lonely poll whore.
29%
 29%  [ 45 ]
THIS. IS. SPARTA!
45%
 45%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 155

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:47 pm
I like the underwater witch-like thing you're avi's got going on there. The two themes are awfully contrasting, but I like it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:14 am
Why do you need a mask if you already have goggles that would cover 3/4 of your face? Also, your bra is showing.

...actually, your avatar is remarkably well done and I'm grasping at straws...

Note on my avatar: I really would like some serious critique on this one, I thought that I was starting off well, but then it seemed to go to hell... >_>  

124-C

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:50 am
Well done xD I like it.

Now, since you want a serious critique, I'll also grasp at straws.

I think that, while your avatar has a nice theme going, it's very cluttered. The wolf behind your avatar doesn't work well with the eclipse. I also found that the robe is extremely hard to combine anything with, because it's such a bulky item.

Still, the blue of your one shown eye combines well with the color of the wolf, which provides a good bridge between the lighter blue of the eye and the gradient of the eclipse background. Also, I don't know what's going on with his outstretched hand. Is that a messed up golf club? I don't understand it.

The cloud, robe, katana, and scarf go well together, but the rest, while a good idea, ends up being too much.

I do like your avatar, though. It's one of the first I've seen to use the eclipse background well, as most look like idiots. Like I said, the colors work together, and I like the items. It's just a hard sell. Also, for the next person, if I could get a good, thought out critique as well? =] thanks.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:09 pm
Not a fan of the ears or the sword on the avatar. The rest is good, but maybe look for a thicker cain.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:07 pm
It matches nicely, maybe too well. Maybe add some sort of discord in there that brings it all together even better? =] By normal standards, it's a very nice avatar. Shiny, well put-together, and even tying in an old-school hair style.

By my taste, however, it's a bit bland.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:31 pm
It's a little busy around the head, and the Enchanted Book hair doesn't really match the rest of it.
Otherwise, it looks fine to me.  

pickle relish

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:18 am
You tweaked it since I last say it. I love it. It's really sparkly and bright but the combo of items is great, really great.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:42 am
I'm not big in the avatar scene, but I do occasionally submit and rate in arenas.

I've never in my memory seen light brown used as a major colour, let alone so effectively. I really, really like it. I don't know your exact intentions, but it's like a dark medusa or mermaid. I wasn't even going to post here I was just lurking, but your avatar made me so inclined, even though my own is nothing spectacular. Tops.  

The Curse

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:38 pm
Very nice rich guys, but the hat seems a little off, and the outfit could be fancier.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:42 pm

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Starts with a good matching theme, but the blues don't match.
A color change for the hair will help out greatly.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

the donating cow bunny

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:26 pm
Nar, ye be a tad off with the matchin' of the colors o' green and brown, along with the skin that be as if scurvy had had its way with ye. The fan also has no obvious purpose, and the brush be also confusin' with its lack of belongin'. And yer goggles, they don't sit well with yer funny hat.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:34 pm
A fellow pirate! I see ye be celebratin' this most piratical of holidays rather nicely. I'm no' so sure abou' the hat though. It seems ta clash a wee bit wi' yer coat. Otherwise, 'tis a fine avatarrrr.  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:46 pm
Stinkin Priates must be stopped! They look so alive!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:34 pm
It's nice and fencer/red magely. nevermind, that combination is difficult to imagine on non Viera but it works none the less. I think you should get a Rapier though. And a Golden pocket watch.  

Phaeton

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:10 pm
Nice use of the coat. It works well with the spells&swords style that's oh-so-popular here on the lonely Gaian front. If I had a complaint, it would be that I have never seen a mouth on a Gaia avatar that I liked =(  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games