Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "YCQ" Your Cool Quests
Kitty's Bugs and InK for ArTsIe Quest! O.o Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like bugs?
  Ew! No (squash)
  Yes (a believer O.U)
  indifferent....(...o.o)
  I eat bugs! (.....O.o)
View Results

Karunoshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:04 pm
Uhmm I guess you just pronounce it by saying Sway but replace the W with a V XD

Oh that's nice! So it's sort of like a family tradition? I have none of those so I'm more than happy that my fiancee has a family tradition with the names (though it's only on the male's side)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:44 pm
My brother and I are split. I got my middle name from my mom's side, while my brother got his from my dad's side. So it worked!  

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Lenelee

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:54 pm
oooo...your name is so pretty Karu. My middle name is my Grandma's first name and I like it. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:17 am
Wow I thought tradition would be left out in this modern day! But I guess old things die hard whee

I can't wait until I get married and I can change my last name then,
Emily Rose Kelleher, his last name is so pretty to write in cursive 4laugh

I'm kind of thinking of weird middle names for the kids since I have no tradition... I'm not sure if they'd like my mother's name (my whole family doesn't have middle names as my parents were born in Asia and their parents and so on) or even my fathers since NO ONE knows how to pronounce it.

My mother's name is Soeurth (everyone calls her Seth except for the Asians that know how to pronounce her name) and my dad's is Gneata (only Asians try to pronounce this one XD) Not many people know my dad so people who know his name are the people who know him sweatdrop  

Karunoshi

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:21 am
You're married name sounds so pretty! I love it!

Wow. eek I would have so many issues trying to say those names. All on my families names are either Irish or French so they're nice and easy to pronounce.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Lol they look hard to pronounce but they're really not!
You pronounce my mom's by saying sore and then adding th at the end of the word. Like sore-uth kind of.
And then my dad's name would be neat then adding uh at the end. Like neat-uh or neat-a.

And I'm going to have to get used to the puns on his last name as people don't know how to pronounce it and they make fun of it by calling my fiancee Robbie Kill Her confused sweatdrop  

Karunoshi

Lenelee

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:19 pm
Those are some interesting names. blaugh Yeah, everyone in my family have really easy names to pronounce. Nothing weird really. Except maybe a few of the last names. rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:21 am
Aren't last names weird? They're either too unusual or too common. 3nodding  

Karunoshi

Kiku Flower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:03 pm
you people are so cool!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:04 pm
i hate my last name its so weird!  

Kiku Flower

Karunoshi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:40 pm
Hello Kiku (may I call you that?) feel free to join in any time! We more than welcome people who join in and chat.

And I'm sure your last name isn't that bad 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:44 pm
My last name is amusing. When I tell people it, they automatically think of one way to spell it, but I've got an extra letter to throw people off. whee  

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Lenelee

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:05 pm
Ahahahahah! That's funny Lucky.

HI KIKU!!!! *waves* I'm sure yours isn't so bad.

My married name isn't common but it's not terribly strange either.

Hear that gals?! We is coolz cool  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:23 pm
That's awesome Lucky, some people pronounce my last name right but others say s-WHY which actually is the correct way to pronounce it in my native language but not in the English language rofl

I think Kelleher would count as not common but not terribly strange either 3nodding

By the way thanks a lot for the compliment Kiku, that totally made my day 4laugh  

Karunoshi

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:44 pm
You'd think Shortt would be kinda common, but I've only ever heard of one person with it for a last name.  
"YCQ" Your Cool Quests

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games