Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "YCQ" Your Cool Quests
Everette's Octo-quest! The Quest for the Kracken! MULES! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 48 49 50 51 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will You Help Me Save the Octopi?
  Yes!
  No....
  *Backs Away Slowly* Sure...whatever you say!
View Results

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:24 pm
It's not a glitch, it's utilizing the code and hinder clause in the code for posting.
When submitting a post, you need to include some symbols besides spaces. the color changing code is still code, so it won't appear in the actual post, but it will end up in the page code. the page code sees it as saying that the text inside is a certain color, and will show any of the symbols inside as that color, which there are none.
The posting clause is accepted because there are symbols besides spaces since the code is inside the post box. so, The end result is that:
the post will accept what's inside
the page will load the symbols inbetween the code in the color that you determined for them, even though there aren't any.
so, the page will show the symbols that don't exist, in the post that was accepted, resulting in no symbols since you didn't tell it to show any.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:26 pm
wellwisher
It's not a glitch, it's utilizing the code and hinder clause in the code for posting.
When submitting a post, you need to include some symbols besides spaces. the color changing code is still code, so it won't appear in the actual post, but it will end up in the page code. the page code sees it as saying that the text inside is a certain color, and will show any of the symbols inside as that color, which there are none.
The posting clause is accepted because there are symbols besides spaces since the code is inside the post box. so, The end result is that:
the post will accept what's inside
the page will load the symbols inbetween the code in the color that you determined for them, even though there aren't any.
so, the page will show the symbols that don't exist, in the post that was accepted, resulting in no symbols since you didn't tell it to show any.

My bad.

But it's still very amazing and intersting.  

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:28 pm
hot4urshoelaces
My bad.

But it's still very amazing and intersting.
That it is. You can combine it with any code that will affect the post's symbols.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:29 pm

wellwisher
Vice Captain

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 pm
wellwisher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:39 pm

wellwisher
Vice Captain

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:44 pm
I'm so easily amazed!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:23 pm
hot4urshoelaces
I'm so easily amazed!
You, would get used to it if you try using it more often.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:08 pm
wellwisher
hot4urshoelaces
I'm so easily amazed!
You, would get used to it if you try using it more often.

I shall have to do that!

but I'm having a bad evening, I'm going to bed. I'll check everything tomorrow...

And get the octopi MIGRATED! They are slow...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:44 pm
hot4urshoelaces

I shall have to do that!

but I'm having a bad evening, I'm going to bed. I'll check everything tomorrow...

And get the octopi MIGRATED! They are slow...

im sorry about that  

randomgirl768

Greedy Shapeshifter

6,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:15 am
I'm sure she's fine with it. she still has them after all,  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:44 am
wellwisher
I'm sure she's fine with it. she still has them after all,

huh? i meant i was sorry she was having a bad evening  

Randoms Dark Elf mule

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:18 am
Yesh, but much better today.

My octopi are simply lovely, just slow moving and it's hard to count and update until most of them are moved. I've got....20 more trades to go? Maybe more, maybe a few less, but as soon as I update (hopefully this evening) I'm going to buy more! Hehe!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:21 am
hot4urshoelaces

My octopi are simply lovely, just slow moving and it's hard to count and update until most of them are moved. I've got....20 more trades to go? Maybe more, maybe a few less, but as soon as I update (hopefully this evening) I'm going to buy more! Hehe!

nice  

randomgirl768

Greedy Shapeshifter

6,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:23 am
randomgirl768
hot4urshoelaces

nice

Yep sure is, but oddly my car is completely dead today.  
"YCQ" Your Cool Quests

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 48 49 50 51 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games