Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Paved Courtyard ("The Quad") Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:12 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Unsorted ::: First Year ~

User Image

"Astronomy..." Chase was a bit at a loss, but since Astronomy was taught at Hogwarts and not biology or physics, there must've been some connection to magic...

"I would think that knowing the stars would be useful, especially for navigation at night when you don't have a map. The humans navigated through the vast oceans using stars," he said, not sure if it made sense. He thought for awhile, then said, "Knowing the environments of certain planets may stop reckless idiots from going there." Chase didn't know if traveling to, say, Jupiter, was even possible for witches and wizards. But magic was magic, and miracles happen.

"Typical Gryffindor," Chase sighed.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana bit her lip, thinking about the possible creatures she could run into. She shook her head quickly. "No, you could get in trouble," she said, not just meaning with the professors if they found out. What would happen if an eleven year old was attacked? Maybe Sam was wrong. I do belong in Hufflepuff, she thought, knowing she had to be brave to be in Gryffindor. She turned to Chase with a slightly confused look on her face. Navigating by stars? "But those are muggles, not wizards. If we need to get somewhere, we can just use a spell. We don't have to travel across oceans," she told him, "but yeah, I guess that second reason makes sense."

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:24 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year __
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Age: Eleven
✔Mood: Excited
✔Status: Single

Samuel nudged Ariana and gave her a telling smile. "I think that once you got over the initial fear, you'd have a blast in the Forest. There's all kinds of magical plants in the Forest too," he said as an afterthought and smirked. Looking at Chase he shrugged at the boy's response. "Typical Ravenclaw."

Out Of Character: ...

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:27 pm
Marko James

I may not fully SEE you....
I may not fully HEAR you..

User Image ````Marko could not hear well here, so he misheard her question. "Yes I am a boy....?" He asked, confused. "Your a boy?" He asked. She sounded and looked like a girl. Nut he had been wrong before.
But I KNOW you are there.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana thought about all the plants she'd be introduced to. After all, she did love nature. "Maybe I'll go in there once," she confessed, a grin appearing on her face. "But I won't go in to deep," she told Sam, still scared about running into deranged creatures.

wearing

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:43 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick

User Image

"Flying on a broomstick counts as traveling," he said, thinking that many wizards choose to fly as a mean of transportation. "I believe there are certain limits as to how much a spell can take you. The only one that I know of as of now is Apparition. It requires extreme focus and attention, and a slip-up may cause you to lose a limb or two. It seems to me that it's much easier to travel by broom." I said too much.

He suddenly felt a bit self-conscious, the fact that he's been spitting out whatever came to mind. "Typical Ravenclaw," Sam said. Maybe he did belong in Ravenclaw. Maybe in a couple years, he could be a walking, breathing, and talking encyclopedia.

User Image

His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:51 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year ___
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? Paved Courtyard
What am I doing? Waiting with my friends
What am I thinking?I'm glad they don't hate me.

The girl listened to the three having a conversation and shrugged, phasing out of the conversation. She looked up at the sky and wondered when they'd be let in to be Sorted because she was starting to get tired. She twitched and looked to the rest of her friends to see if they saw her twitch. Sighing, she wished these annoying problems would simply go away. Rubbing her arms, she wished she had brought a jacket or something.

Out of Character ...

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:52 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana thought for a moment. "Okay, I guess I would travel on a broomstick," she said, still wondering how stars could be of use. She made a disgusted face when Chase mentioned you could lose limbs if you make a mistake when you're trying to apparate. "We don't have to learn that unless we want to, right?" she asked. Please let the answer be true, she thought, not necessarily wanting to learn how to apparate.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:57 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year __
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

He nodded to Ariana. "Nope. Apparition is elective. but I plan to take it. It's the fastest method of travel." He shrugged. "If you do it right, you won't have any problems. Only the really bad people lose limbs if they apparate."

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana smirked. "Maybe I'll take the class, then. Depends on how well I work with spells," she said. She looked at Kat, seeing her rub her arms. "Kat, are you cold?" she asked, realizing it got colder as nighttime drew nearer.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:07 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick

User Image

Chase opened his mouth to speak, but stopped before he could make a sound. He quickly went over what would turn out to be a useless speech and got rid of unnecessary details, then said, "Once you learn and get used to it, you don't need to worry about that. But yes, you don't need to learn Apparition from what I've heard."

He noticed Kat standing there, an air of impatience around her. He said nothing at first, but he couldn't overlook the fact that she looked cold too. "Focus on the warmth," he whispered to her.

User Image

- Pearl S. Buck

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:08 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year ___
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? Paved Courtyard
What am I doing? Waiting with my friends
What am I thinking?I'm glad they don't hate me.

"Huh?" she said, tuning back into the conversation as her name was mentioned. "Oh, yeah," she responded, smirking as she rubbed her arms again. "It's a little cold out here."

Out of Character ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

"Do you know if there's a big risk when it comes to learning how to apparate properly?" she asked the boys, feeling a bit nauseous when she imagined losing her leg. She looked over at Kat. "I'm sure we'll be lead into the Sorting soon," she said, getting quite impatient as well. "And then we'll get to eat," she added, her stomach hurting from hunger. The nausea she felt didn't help the situation.

wearing

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:23 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year __
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

As if to answer Ariana's claim to hunger, his stomach rumbled, and loudly. "Oh yeah, I'm very hungry. But that class should be easy. They teach you well enough." His stomach rumbled again and a low whimper escaped his lips.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:26 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick

User Image

"I don't have the statistics on that. Sorry," he apologized. "Leaving a part of your body behind is the only risk, I believe. As long as you got determination, I don't see why splinching would happen to you."

Chase looked around, starting to feel a bit anxious about the sorting. What was taking so long?

User Image

- Pearl S. Buck

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games