Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Whitethorne House Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:41 pm
User Image

Ronyo Storm - Former Slytherin
Detective
Whitethorne House

He had become defensive suddenly, his mouth had tightened and he reflexively seemed to be squeezing his fists. During the statement Chalmes had held eye contact but broken it as soon as he stopped speaking and his eyes seemed to be jumping all over the place. He was thinking quickly and rapidly about something, his eyes seemed to be drawing more to the left at times, everyone now and then they would swing right but then go down quickly and then look off into the distance before almost repeating the process. Going to the left so much meant his mind was creating an idea, with the few right motions, meant it was only from pieces of his memory. Eretria had not told Ronyo the full length of time that had passed from the crime. Judging by the boy's original calm demeanor and now the sudden rush of emotion fueled response meant he had tried to move on. That meant this was months ago, maybe even as far back as a year.

"I can see your mind is racing and putting something together, whatever it is you can share it without it leaving the confines of the silencing ward we are in. Whatever has suddenly got you in a defensive state likely stems from your own imaginations. I am here to find and bring your brother back to you and Eretria, if in the process I find out who killed your mother you two will be the first to know before I make a report to the Ministry. I choose to work outside the Ministry for times just like this. I'm not going to judge you or your family based on something like passed history, bloodlines, status, or anything else. My concern is your twin brother and I will find him, it's just a matter of time now," Ronyo set the note pad down and took a breath, "I know this is difficult for you, but my questions are meant to help find out what really happened and where that event then moved on to. The more you tell me the more it helps find your brother and get him home, and possibly find out who killed your mother. I gave you the option to discuss these ideas in private so there would be no outside influence or worry about the information leaking out. I am not swayed one way or the other at this time by Eretria or yourself as I know little in the way of the case right now. I can tell you three were close, just by the way you became defensive and the passion I saw in Eretria's eyes when she asked me to help. The two of you are likely the only people who can get this case started on the right foot. The more you help me the faster I bring your brother back to you."

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:06 pm
User Image
To this world I'm unimportant
Just because I have nothing to give
So you call this your free country
Tell me why it cost so much to live
Tell me why

User Image

Chalmes snorted, sounding an awful lot like his sister. He didn't have to tell Ronyo a thing. "I already told everything I know to the Authors, so if you want information, go there. Sorry if I'm not as smart as you think I am." It was funny to think that, but it was true. He knew he wasn't the smartest one in the family, so it did nothing but just admit the truth. He glared at Ronyo though, wanting him out of the house immediately.

This world can turn me down
But I won’t turn away
And I won’t duck and run
Cause I'm not built that way
When everything is gone there
Is nothing there to fear
This world cannot bring me down
No cause I'm already here

-------------------------
State: Annoyed
OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:19 pm
User Image

Detective
Whitethorne House

So he was shutting off for some reason now, pulling back and pulling back all of his cards. Eretria was right when she said he would be hard to talk to. Either he had fully come to terms with his brother being gone, and considering him gone for good, or he was really repressing right now. Ronyo hoped it was the latter right now, because at the moment all he had was a general idea of the time in which the crime took place.

"I do not have any connections to the Aurors or Ministry, in all likelihood they would turn me away because I'm not a Ministry employee. That works out better for you though, because nothing you say goes to the Ministry. Look I'm sorry for having to bring all these memories up, I don't like having to put people through this but I need answers to turn around and try and get you and your sister better answers. I don't want to cause you or Eretria any harm, all I want to do is help out the best I can. Eretria is a friend, and a former teammate of mine, so while I don't know her nearly as well as you do I know enough. I've never seen your sister worked up about something before, she was always cool, calm, and collected, which makes her a great chaser. She's a strong young woman but right now I think she is trying to be strong for more than just herself and its beginning to show. Now please help me out, and in turn help your sister, your lost brother, and help yourself."

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:41 pm
User Image
To this world I'm unimportant
Just because I have nothing to give
So you call this your free country
Tell me why it cost so much to live
Tell me why

User Image

Chalmes nearly sighed in exasperation. He wasn't going to answer his questions, no matter how the other man asked for answers. He already gave as much as he had given the Aurors when they asked. "Look, I already told you, that's about as much as I can remember. Sorry if it isn't much, mate, but that was a year ago. With the whole series of events, I'm surprised I can remember what me and Tria did that day." He shrugged and ran a hand through his hair. C'mon, leave already.

This world can turn me down
But I won’t turn away
And I won’t duck and run
Cause I'm not built that way
When everything is gone there
Is nothing there to fear
This world cannot bring me down
No cause I'm already here

State: Annoyed

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:03 pm
User Image

Detective
Whitethorne House

So it had been a year sense the crime took place, that would make things even harder than they already were. If the brother had not turned up by now, and no information had been sent out to his regards or whereabouts, it was highly likely he was no longer among the living. Still that only created more questions with that journal Eretria had with her and how she says it was her brothers. Chalmes seemed to be all but closed off at this point and pushing much more would likely lock him off for any future questioning. He nodded to the boy and gave a sigh as he pulled out a card that had the owling address on it as well as the words for his floo chimney should he wish to drop by.

"Again I'm sorry about the line of questioning, but you did provide a great amount of information even if you don't know it. This is my card if you should remember anything or feel like talking about the event fill free to send an owl or just drop by. I will want to ask your sister a few final questions and then I will be leaving."

Ronyo smiled at the boy trying to show he really did have the families best interests in mind. He removed the sound wards and walk out of the room and back to the main area where Eretria had been waiting. He had promised not to reveal anything her brother had told him but honestly he really had not said anything that sounded like it was out of place or odd. Still he would hold his deductions for after he had both siblings stories and all the info they could give for the time being.

"That went well enough given the topic. Now Eretria I would like to ask you some questions as well, and you also have the option of having the conversation be private or forgo that bit altogether."

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:17 pm
User Image

Just when you think, you got me figured out
The season's already changing

User Image

Eretria gave Chalmes a look that suggested that she would be grilling him later for information, but nidded at Ronyo. "I don't mind answering questions. Just, let's keep it private." She knew that all of the information that she could give was about the same as Chalmes's, well, mostly, but she had a hard time kickig old hapits, it seemed. She went to follow Ronyo into her father's study, glancing back once at her older brother to make sure he was sticking around.

----------------------------------
State: Determined

I think it's cool, you do what you do
And don't try to save me

Ronyo Storm

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:26 pm
User Image

Detective
Whitethorne House

Following Eretria and placing the same silencing wards in the room Ronyo took out his note pad once again. He took a moment to review the information Chalmes had given him, what little there was written down, and thought about the information that he had gained without needing to write anything. The facts about the case in general was top priority, but the emotional and physiological information Chalmes had provided also helped out knowing what the twin might be like should he happen to find him. Also it would help out down the line if further questions came up for the remaining brother to answer, by allowing Ronyo to now know what the boy looked like when he was giving fact information, when he was creating likely theories in his head, and when he was getting to the point of shutting off. Now was the time for Eretria though and this would hopefully help narrow down times and other details, Ronyo knew Eretria was the type to be more aware of little things.

"Alright, I understand some of these question may be a bit hard on you and I am sorry for having to pull up these memories, but they could hold the key clues to moving this investigation forward. If you could please tell me everything that happened on the day your brother went missing, and succinctly your mother being killed. Start from the moment you woke up to when you went back to sleep if you could, and try and leave nothing out if you can."

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:35 pm
User Image

User Image

Eretria was quiet for a moment, trying to gather her thoughts. When she started speaking, it was with a bit of trouble. "Well, it started off like any other day, I suppose. I got up around seven, ate breakfast, worked on my schoolwork until eleven, and then decided to wander around the neighborhood for several hours. When I got back home around four, Chalmes suggested we go to a movie. Chris couldn't make it because he had to do a report for school, and we left around five to see it. It was terrible, by the way." She stopped for a moment, collecting her thoughts. "When we got back, it was around eight or so. That part is a bit fuzzy, since I don't recall the precise time. We found our mum in an alley near the house, and Chalmes took me home. Chris was nowhere to be seen, so Chalmes had me call the aurors while he looked for him. WHen the aurors arrived, it was... eight thirty two PM I think? We gave our statements, and that's about all. Our father got home from work late, around nine or so, and... He was devastated. I don't think I saw our father cry before then. Chris still wasn't back, and father filed a report about him as well."

And don't try to save me

Ronyo Storm

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:48 pm
User Image

Detective
Whitethorne House

Ronyo scribbled the information down as fast as Eretria could speak, this was the kind of information he needed. so the crime happened between the hours of five and eight, with the likely times being between six and seven really. The mother was found in an alley, something really interesting indeed, and just no sign of the brother. Now Ronyo could work on follow up questions and see just how deep he could dig for details.

"This is all great Eretria now, you said your mother was found in the alley. Was there broken objects or disturbed objects around the location she was found, and was there any sign of a struggle the Aurors could find or in your house?" Ronyo took a moment to think of one level deeper question just to see what there was but he hated to ask it, "Please forgive me for this one Eretria, but do you happen to either recall if one of the crime scene wizards mentioned a approximate time of death or you noticed any significant signs of large scale bruising on your mother around the areas she was found laying or maybe around the neck or wrist region?"

If the girl didn't remember hearing a spoken time of death, then maybe knowing if there were already signs of post mortem bruising occurring would help narrow the window of the crime some. He didn't know much on the subject but a wizard and witch had the same physiology as a normal human, so those facts could be obtained from a muggle hospital or even a medical college after paying some upper classmen medical majors to give their best guess. He could put in a form to ask to see the Auror who was at the scene of the crime for possible questions but that could take longer then he wanted, but still it might help.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:48 pm
User Image

User Image

Eretria shook her head, thinking a bit on Ronyo's questions. How much did she remember about the details? Well, she would tell him as much as she could, in any case. "Well, I can't tell you much about the body other than where it was found, but i do remember some blood. Old blood, like it had been there for a couple of days. There was also blood outside the house, and a broken rock. Cracked into three pieces, if I recall. Other than that...." She shrugged, not liking the fact she didn't know. She knew a lot of things, this shouldn't be so bloody difficult to understand! "I... apologize for not having much more information than that. I should have been more observant."

And don't try to save me

Ronyo Storm

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:32 pm
User Image

Detective
Whitethorne House

More odd information, old blood likely days old, blood outside the house, and a broken rock split into three pieces. Small details but if he could make them fit into a line of actions then it they would serve as glue binding the truth to the words spoken by others. The old blood was most troubling out of the group, for blood to dry it had to coagulate first and that took time. The blood outside the house might have been her brother either running away after being injured or being carried away after being injured and knocked unconscious. There was a third possibility as well, that the blood was from the murderer and suspected kidnapper as well, if it was the third choice a warrant would have been issues by either the Aurors or the Hit Wizards. So it would seem he would have to pay the Ministry a visit after all, but he would drop by the agency first and see if Jane and Jessi had arrived, he was going to need their help on this one.

"It's alright Eretria, you were likely not in the emotional state to worry about details like that. The fact you can remember as much as you have after a year is impressive by any stretch really. With what you have given me it is shameful the Aurors could not have figured something out by now, given the fact they had a look at the fresh crime scene and likely a lot more information they could gather up actually," Ronyo looked to Eretria and then to the nearest window, "I've caused you and your brother enough trouble today bringing up these old memories. If you recall anything please drop by or send an owl, same goes for your brother as well. Also, keep the journal, I think it will do us all better if you have it in case something happens. If you get a reply from it please notify me so we can see about using it as another step closer to your brother coming home."

Ronyo moved from the room to the main area Eretria and he had arrived from the flo and looked around the room for a moment. He took a minute to note any pictures of the family, and mainly of the mother and missing brother, being the two faces he didn't know while looking at pictures. Ronyo tipped his hat to Eretria and her brother.

"Thank you for taking the time to answer the tough questions, hopefully this will end soon and I can get your brother back to you quickly. I'm going to walk around the house for a bit then be off, I have a lot of things to check on and a few contacts to get in touch with," Ronyo thought for a moment and then nodded, "If you can find a way to possibly put in for a look at the records about the night of the murder, some family only kind of request if it's possible, please try. If there is not a way to do it without giving up the information you wish to keep hidden then don't worry about it," Before Ronyo walked out the door he turned to Eretria and smiled, "Oh and Tria, be sure to keep that Quidditch trophy for the Slytherin team now, and give the new recruits a good work out," He gave the girl a wink and moved out the door before she hopefully grasped what he had just called her.

Outside the Whitethorne house Ronyo had a hard time finding anything that would be note worthy. It had been a year and in that kind of time all sorts of natural and un-natural thing could happen to a place. The areas indicated of blood were clean now well clear of any traces of the red substance. Ronyo did find the rock in question though and brought his wand out and gave it a few waves. The white haired detective was thankful for the years of cursebreaking classes, as he applied a few spells of revealing and also some basic spell detection magic to the rock. Nothing came back to him though which was strange given the rock looked to be sturdy and require a feat of strength to break without magic. That was troubling if something was able to split this rock without magic then this could be some kind of well trained squib attack or maybe even something that was not human.

Looking around more Ronyo soon found something he had not expected to find. It was an arrow, and one that looked old. The shaft and fletching was willowy and looked brittle, but the tip held something that caught the detectives' eye, a red stain on the tip. If this had been from the crime scene why in all the magical realm had it been left here? Was the Aurors department that incompetent when it came to crime scene investigation? Ronyo growled and pulled a cloth from his pocket, he enlarged it with his wand so it would wrap around the arrow so he didn't touch it, and then put it in a small pouch hidden from view by his coat. It fit in without trouble and Ronyo sighed as he hoped it would be the best clue he could have hoped for. He would need to either get a wizard or witch trained in healing arts to work on the blood and who it came from, or get a muggle doctor to take a look at it. Ronyo took a quick look around the grounds once more and then looked to the house one last time. He sighed and raised his wand to place a simple shielding spell over the house, not like it would really be that helpful but he didn't fill like leaving without doing something. With that Ronyo was gone in a pop, gone back to Knockturn Alley

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:20 pm
User Image

User Image

A resounding crack echoed through the house as Gearvin appeared, carrying Nicole in his arms. Frowning, he quickly set her down and summoned some first aid supplies. If he ever found that worthless creature that deigned to call himself Nicole's husband again, he probably would be looking at a lifetime in Azkaban. He set to work quickly, treating the injuries he could find and when he was done sat back. Whatever happened to staying out of people's business, anyway? First Shin, and now Nicole. He must have a giant sign above his head that stated he was the perfect person to come to if you had problems. In any case, he sighed, dragging a hand down his face. He felt tired, but was much too keyed up with anger to sleep. As it was, he doubted Nicole would be comfortable waking up in a new place. And then her children. Hopefully whoever was watching them was able to keep them for a bit longer. If he knew who it was, he would send them a message. As it was, he had to wait.

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Tired, angry

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Consciousness slowly started coming to Nicole in the form of spots forming before her eyes beneath her eyelids. When she finally mustered the energy to crack open one to view dimming lights signaling the day's end and noticed she was lounging on something soft. In the back of her mind she found that she quite liked whatever she was on, it was soft and felt so good against her sore muscles. But then the memories began to flash: her husband, the knife, the pain, her children, Gearvin. Gearvin! Her second eye opened to give her better clarity as to where she currently was and seeing the unknown and possibly harmful environment she began to struggle against ghostly unmade bonds making a soft almost whimpered sound. Her brown eyes had shut against whatever harm may come and when none came for minutes she opened them yet again and found them staring at the handsome face of her previous employer. They widened conveying all of Nicole's rampant emotions: unease, uncertainty, fear, and of course a wince of pain. Her cracked lips parted and her throat, still sore from all her screams, croaked out a soft word or question as it were. "Gearvin?"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:24 pm
User Image

User Image

Gearvin apparently didn't have to wait long for Nicole to regain consciousness, and he cocked an eyebrow at the darker woman. When she seemed to suddenly wince after awakening, a frown marred his features. Well, if anything, he could tell immediately what had caused her to do that. Shin had displayed such tendencies when he first came to the house, and while the young man was certainly a lot better than he had been about such things, he still startled easily. Nicole was probably no better off, especially after seeing her attacker again. That thought however he decided not to mull over when he heard his name spoken. He gave a slight smile, however, glad that she realized he would do her no harm. He reached over and grabbed a glass of water he had set aside for when she awoke, and handed it to the woman, making sure she didn't drop it. "Welcome back to the world of the waking, Nicole. Here, I figured you may need this when you awoke." Gearvin frowned, thinking. "I apologize. I would have sent word to your children's minder had I known who that was. I apologize." He didn't want to have her relive anything she didn't want to, but he had to know, since that cretin had fled without him being unable to pursue. He however knew that the other man would not survive another encounter. "Who... was that man? He claimed to be your husband, but I recall you were unmarried when we first met. Someone that you crossed paths with, then?"

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Tired, angry

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Nicole took the cool glass tenderly in her hand sipping the water and couldn't control the slight spatter of color upon her cheeks as her first name was said. She was a grown woman, not some blushing school girl with a crush! When he mentioned her children her heart rate quickened and she almost made to jump from the bed and got rescue them from the evils of their father before she remembered a fail-safe she had instructed for them to use. "Its...fine. S-she'll take good c-care of them." she rasped out and soon began to cough burning her throat like a live firecracker. She took another sip of water hoping it would soothe her ravaged throat and was thankful that it did before cursing that it did when Gearvin asked the million galleon question. "Gregory Polk is my ex-husband. I divorced him the very night he was taken to the Ministry after c-cursing me in front of the children. He's supposed to be in Azkaban! H-how'd did he get out? H-how'd d-did he find m-me?!" Nicole looked over to the older man almost imploringly with tears forming in the corner of her eyes.  
Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff