Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Quotes: do you have a favorite one? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a fave quote?
  Yes
  no
  Poll whore
  don't know
View Results

Demonic_Dead_Psycho

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:54 am
I heard this quote for the first time about a year ago (Because that's when I because a Star Wars fan) and I fell in love with it.

In the words of Yoda:

"DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY."  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:31 am
Robert A. Heinlein
The most preposterous notion that homo sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharin adoration of His Creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if he does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all history.

The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful.

Robert A. Heinlien
Space will be colonized - although possibly not by us. If we lose our nerve, there are plenty of other people on this planet. The construction crews may speak Chinese or Russian - Swahili or Portuguese. It does not take 'good old American know-how' to build a city in space. The laws of physics work just as well for others as they do for us.

Quote:
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots .. .

Patrick Tilley
It is hard to soar with the eagles when you have to work with the turkeys.

Nietzsche
That which deos not kill us makes us stronger.

These are just a few of mine. come to my quest thread to read more. The link is in my sig.  

dcikfyurt

Ginko Girl

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:52 am
"Happiness is like wet pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel it."

I don't know where this one came from, but I thought it was unique anyways.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:18 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Ascott

Eternal Moment

Hilarious Gawker

1,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:48 pm
heart heart heart My favourite quote ever.
Chasing Amy
I love you. And not, not in a friendly way, although I think we're great friends. And not in a misplaced affection, puppy-dog way, although I'm sure that's what you'll call it. I love you. Very, very simple, very truly. You are the epitome of everything I have ever looked for in another human being. And I know that you think of me as just a friend, and crossing that line is the furthest thing from an option you would ever consider. But I had to say it. I just, I can't take this anymore. I can't stand next to you without wanting to hold you. I can't, I can't look into your eyes without feeling that, that longing you only read about in trashy romance novels. I can't talk to you without wanting to express my love for everything you are. And I know this will probably queer our friendship - no pun intended - but I had to say it, because I've never felt this way before, and I don't care. I like who I am because of it. And if bringing this to light means we can't hang out anymore, then that hurts me. But God, I just, I couldn't allow another day to go by without just getting it out there, regardless of the outcome, which by the look on your face is to be the inevitable shoot-down. And, you know, I'll accept that. But I know... I know that some part of you is hesitating for a moment, and if there is a moment of hesitation, then that means you feel something too. All I ask, please, is that you just, you just not dismiss that - and try to dwell in it for just ten seconds. Alyssa, there isn't another soul on this ******** planet who has ever made me half the person I am when I'm with you, and I would risk this friendship for the chance to take it to the next plateau. Because it is there between you and me. You can't deny that. Even if, you know, even if we never talk again after tonight, please know that I'm forever changed because of who you are and what you've meant to me, which - while I do appreciate it - I'd never need a painting of birds bought at a diner to remind me of.

The Little Prince
It's only with the heart one can see clearly. What's essential is invisible to the eye.

Alice In Wonderland
Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" responded the Chesire Cat. "I don't know" Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't really matter."

Winnie the Pooh
"Pooh?" Piglet whispered. "Yes, piglet?" said Pooh. "Nothing, I just wanted to be sure of you."

The Land Before Time
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen carefully.

Unknown
Everything is okay in the end, if it's not okay, then it's not the end.

The Perks of being a Wallflower
There's nothing like the deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for all the right reasons

Ever After
Just breathe

Ever After
I feel as if my skin is the only thing keeping me from going everywhere at once

Ever After
Danielle: It is not fair, sire. You have found my weakness, but I have yet to learn yours.
Prince Henry: But I should think it was quite obvious.

Ever After
I know that life without love is no life at all

My Best Friends Wedding
If you love someone you say it right then, outloud. Otherwise the moment just...passes you by.

A Beautiful Mind
I've made the most important discovery of my life. It's only in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found. I'm only here tonight because of you. You're the only reason I am, you're all the reasons I am.

Finding Nemo
When I look at you I can feel it, I look at you and I'm home, I dont want it to go away, I dont want to forget

Boy Meets World
You do your thing and I do my thing. You are you and I am I, and, if, in the end, we end up together, it's beautiful.

Eurgh I could go on, I have a collections of quotes. I'm a quote whore.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:52 pm
Here's a few of my favorites - far from all, though.

Sun Tzu
Those who know when to fight and when not to fight are victorious.

Sun Tzu
Using order to deal with the disorderly, using calm to deal with the clamorous, is mastering the heart.

Miyamoto Musashi
Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

XFox-ladX

Eccentric_Death

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:42 pm
"Assumption os the mother of all ******** ups."  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:43 pm
I'm not sure if I've been here yet, but my bad if I have and forgot about it.

Edgar Allen Poe
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.

Voltaire
Common sense isn't so common.

Bishop186

Siani

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:45 pm
Procrastination is like masturbation; it seems like a good idea at the time, but in the end you're just screwing yourself.

Procrastination isn't a solution, it's a problem.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:47 pm
Oh! I forgot one!

A Despair.com Poster
Success is a journey, not a destination. So stop running.

Bishop186

Tanith_4486

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:59 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:18 am
"no man chooses evil because it is evil, he simply mistakes it for happiness"-Walstencraft

"we meet people on the worst day of their lives"-Gil Grissom

"Gone are my hours of pleasure, vanished with my vanished treasure, for a deathly shadow fell"-Horatio Alger

"Men are like roses, watch out for the pricks"  

haloshatterer

Ophelias Bathwater

High-functioning Werewolf

13,725 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:09 am
I'm probably the only person in the whole world who knows these quotes, but they're my favorites.

"If you have no legs, run, if you have no voice, scream, if you have no hope, invent. In the brave new world of the year 2000, a kiss can still break your heart."
~Cirque du Soleil's Alegria

"My only wish is that you be loved madly"
~Cirque du Soliel's Quidam  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:50 am
Life's short and hard like a body building elf  

Cult movies ftw

Anxious Flip-Flopper

Ginko Girl

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:00 am
Here's another one:

"To assume is to make an a** out of u and me"  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games