Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
'True anime fans' would support the industry! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to watch the Greg Ayres and/or the Nabeshin panel's?
  Yes.
View Results

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:13 am
User Image
Ooo I saw the Movie - Hachi: A dogs tale.

I cried crying

It was so sad in places.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpieceUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:36 am
Never heard of that one... I don't like to cry sweatdrop let me know if you come past a hilarious comedy ;D  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:24 am
bump!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:54 am
Budding through the snow, color blooms as winter fades...

Okay, I've been getting really confused. -.-

First of all, I despise dubbed anime. I really prefer sub, and that's because there are some words that I really do understand.
Have you noticed that in most animes sometimes they say the same words? For example, "Ganbatte!" or "Itadakimasu". In some subbed animes, they say different things, but you can still get what it really means.
Ganbatte:
Try your best!
Do your best!
Good luck!
etc.

I just really prefer sub anime because I love hearing the original voices. Not the American ones.
For example, I use to live in Mexico for some time, and when you go to the movies you can choose either watching the movie in sub, or dub. One time I watched it dubbed, and it was terrible! >.< I hate how the lips aren't in sync, and I just really hated it.
As for anime, it's kind of the same (in my opinion).

Oh, and I watch my anime online for free...
so your encouraging people to buy it, or what? o.o''
Because I keep getting confused. x3

..Artist palette all aglow, Spring blossoms into tulip parades...

Elemental Doll

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:00 pm
Warning! I'm going to sound like a b***h. I'm sorry in advance.

I find it obvious you didn't exactly read the first page, top to bottom... more than just the first, second, or third posts. My thread isn't about people liking dubs, or subs. I don't want people arguing in my thread over what is better. Why? Because that's just really freaking pointless. If you prefer subs, good for you. I'm going to watch my anime dubbed despite whatever your opinion is, and still be just as much of fan as you are. If you were thinking you're a bigger and better fan because you like subs, just knock that idea right our of your pretty little head, dear one. A 'true' anime fan buys their anime legally.

My thread is about people stealing from the industry. People do this everyday by watching anime illegally online, reading scanlations, buying bootleg copies (usually without knowing they're doing it), or downloading it through torrents. Its hurting the industry here in America, Canada, and even Japan. Because of all the theft, many Japanese manga artists haven't been able to get the funding to make new mangas and animes.

And just so you know, if you continue to argue what is better, subs or dubs, you can be reported for spam. Posting things that are irrelevant to the threads purpose is considered spam.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:19 am
bump  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

Elemental Doll

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:00 am
Do you have any idea...

Haha! That's fine. xD Sorry for getting off topic. ^^
But no, I'm not really arguing, or trying to argue. Sorry if it sounds like I am. Nor am I telling you to watch dubbed anime, just because I prefer sub. d:

I actually did read the first five or so posts, but then once I kept reading, I guess I got distracted because there were some different opinions and all. xD

I watch anime online, so does that mean it is illegal? I don't really know much about this type of stuff. ^^''
And your saying that we should buy the DVD's and mangas instead of dowloading it online, watching it online, reading scanlations, etc.?

If that's what you mean, I understand what you are saying, but since I don't read manga much and only watch anime, if I buy the DVD's and such, won't it be dubbed?
That's one problem I have with the buying. sweatdrop

..Why a raven is like a writing desk?...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:48 am
Yes, watching anime online is wrong, unless you're watching from a legal base... such as FUNimation's youtube channel, or direct from their site (and yes, they do put up subbed versions as well).

Yes, you should buy the anime DVD's legally (most sites are illegal, however! The best site ever is RightStuf.com, it has awesome deals and almost every anime. You will not be supporting the industry at all if you buy fake copies). And yes, a lot of them will be dubbed. However!! They always come with subs as well. You just have to choose it in the menu. RightStuf also carries imports sometimes too.  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:21 pm
I went to your profile and discovered you're young. Aww. Let me shelter you from anime purists before they taint your mind with stupid BS ;P you didn't sound young. I applaud your grammar ::claps::  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:01 pm
bump  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100