Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Nott Castle and Estates Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:48 pm
User Image

ஐ Pureblood ஐ Seventh Year ஐ Single ஐ

Never ҭђ๏ยﻮђҭ I’d be the one to ใ๏שє you.
        Never thought that ұ๏ย would have ๓є ђ๏קเภﻮ.
        What went ฬг๏ภﻮ? Where am I ภ๏ฬ?

The seconds ticked past like hours and then he was gone, and it hurt more than she thought possible. Silver eyes watched him show her different things from her past. The curious part of her soaked in every word he had to say. The bitter part of her memorized it in case she ever had to use it against him. Sentimentals were for the ones that planned on letting the world stop them or kill them. He was leaving and her heart had always been made of ice. He wouldn't hurt her, couldn't hurt her; she'd promised herself that. She'd promised herself no one would ever hurt her again, not after her father, not after Vincent. A stone cold heart, and icy exterior had always kept her safe from pain.....but,

Her heart ached, and she hated it with every single fiber of her being. Her father leaving her had hurt, but at least, even at 6 years old, logic had been able to explain to her why he had to go. That he was leaving to protect her. Vincent had never weaseled his way into her heart, and every hit he threw at her might have left bruises and scared her sister half to death, but he had never hurt her, not like this. He had never made her want to cry. She hadn't cried, not since the day her father never came home, and she'd realized he wasn't coming back. But now her eyes stung and she was going to scream out of frustration. She tilted her head back, staring at the sky. He was leaving, and there was only one thing she could do, so she did it. She shoved every feeling she had ever had deep in the icy depths of her heart. It was so her. She'd always been the one, when given the choice, that she would choose not to feel. So she shoved her emotions away, and locked them up, and pretended they didn't exist, because that was the only way she knew how to survive.

Stony eyes turned to him, watching him as he finally told her his story. Almost died, killed someone at age 4, watched his mother kill someone, a mother who apparently hadn't died at birth but by his Uncle's hands. She remembered his uncle. He had subbed for her Transfiguration class for a couple months or so. And she was sure his Aunt was the woman who had taught her first year of Transfiguration. Creepy woman that she was. Now that woman made perfect sense. God his family was ******** up. She almost laughed at that fact, but she kept silent.

And then she was drifting away from him, following where his eyes were looking. An oak tree. That was where it all began. Where the Tay she knew had been born per say. She stared at it silently, trying to add everything he'd told her up, like it, he, was some kind of equation, that if she stared at it long enough, thought about it long enough, she'd somehow come to an answer that explained him. It was useless though. He was still incomprehensible. One moment he was the strange, intriguing kid she'd met her first year, and then the next he was holding her like she could actually possibly mean something to anyone. She shook her head silently. Tay made less sense than all of the unsolved questions of the world combined. He was the greatest mystery she had ever run into.
        "Why are you telling me all this?" She finally asked.

When she'd first met him, there paths had crossed and it seemed like just that, paths crossing. Another chance meeting, nothing special. But he'd stayed. Their paths intertwined, had become near inseparable, part of her had almost hoped to believe that they had become the same path, but now she saw it. They'd finally reached the fork in the road. He had to go his way, and she had to go her own. She had things she had to do. Part of her was tempted to follow his path, but it was fear speaking. Fear that they'd never cross paths again, fear that he'd die without her, fear that she'd die without him, just plain old fear. And she had never let fear drive her before, so she'd go her way, and he wouldn't stay in contact, and she'd continue to survive, hopefully.

So what was the point. What was the point of him telling her all this? He was leaving. What good would it do either of them for her to know this? It was funny, she had always been curious, and now that he was finally telling her, she couldn't muster the time to care, because it didn't matter anymore. What did it matter if she knew his past or not, when she wouldn't have him around? She crossed her arms and turned away from the oak to look at him, stone cold to the bone, because that was the only way she knew how to survive.

Crimson and ςใ๏שєг, sugar and รคใҭ
        ๒เҭҭєгรฬєєҭ and it’s all your ғคยใҭ
        ςгเ๓ร๏ภ and clover,รยﻮคгand salt
        ๓єภҭคใใұ ғยςкє๔ and it’s all your ғคยใҭ

Essy Ze Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:39 pm
In the night ahead
______There’s a light up on this house on a hill
________________Living, living still
_______________________Their intention is to kill

And they will, they will.

𝖂illiam 𝕯ante 𝕹ott the Third
𝕺cclumens, 𝕾lytherin 𝕬lumni

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                    [Early Spring 2025]

”Tay,” his father greeted him softly. ”You’re late,” the man somehow felt the need to remind him. He was, in fact, very aware of the daunting hour that loomed overhead. He stretched into the library where the grandfather clock pointed to the four and five. It was nearly half past four in the morning, not to soon before the birds began to chirp and the worms would weep in their beaks.

”I’m very aware now, thank you for that blight in happenstance, I would have never known otherwise.” Tay mocked him.

”Don’t mock me, Tay.” Both men tried to remain civil. But Tay could clearly see his father was done allowing him to parade around on a whim. ”Dammit boy, you never finished your homeschooling—“

”It’s ridiculous,” he tried to intervene.

”It’s expected of you; these muggle socialites have already begun to notice your absolute lack of appearance, have begun to question your position of rights.”

”Heh…. Hehehahahah,” Tay broke out in a small chuckle that resonated deeper in his throat until he was laughing.

”And what, pray tell, is so hilarious?” Venom spat from his father’s lip, it was an unusual occurrence that quirked a brow on Tay’s forehead.

”…I don’t want it. Give it to Blaire.”

”….It’s not that simple.” The double edged blade swung in the open, but not so sharply as the dagger in his back.

’Tay?’ A woman’s voice sung on a high pitch, curiosity lurked in her tone.

”Who…” Tay paused, the words never daring to race past his lips. His instigative gaze sought out his father whom was undertaken with the look of utter spite and guilt in a simmering frown. The discussion only soured.

The morning perched high in the window. Tay, his father, and his fiancée lingered steadily in the library, neither presence deemed to be leaving anytime soon. The debate feverishly heated. The rebuttal sharpened in tone with every answer as eyes crossly gleaned. The ramification of her words stung in between the bones of his spine. Her eyes saw him, and they saw greed. She was raw with the hunger of power, of money, of status. And he’d spit on it before he’d give it to her.

His father, on the other hand, seemed delighted, almost too delighted. And it sickened him. Their words began to gloss over his head, as if his word, his being, meant nothing. ”No.” He’d spoken the word again, and again. But they weren’t listening.

”No! Dammit! NO!” He lurched to his feet, the wooden coffee table throttled onto its side and a leg snapped into two. His own leg thundered in ghostly pains, though it was numb, for the most part. ”Silencio!” He brandished with an open palm. The voice was cut from her throat, constricting her airways to suffocate her. His fingers slowly curled, shaking with ferocity as they tightened with every crawling second and her throat rasped tighter and tighter. She gagged.

”Finite incantatem—“ William cut through the spell with the swipe of his wand not but a second later.

”Can’t have a wedding without a bride.” He threatened, imploring heavy eyes on her as he spat on the ground. Tay turned on his heel with a crooked gait and he stumbled out the doorway and across the stony corridor, fleeing from this scene like so many others before it.

╔══════════════╗
Height: 6’2” ♜ Weight: 189 ♜ Age: 20
Nott Castle
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:32 pm
User Image

”Sing a song of sixpence, a pocket full of rye;
                                      Four-and-twenty blackbirds baked in a pie.
                                      When the pie was open'd, the birds began to sing.”
                                      Her voice blossomed so sweetly, an innocence unfurled like the petals of a monochrome rose. Her belly was swollen, the arch of her cheekbones hidden behind the glow of motherhood and blonde hair cascaded in rolling glowing waves. The memory was ghastly in apparition, just a spectral of shadows and tricks playing in the light. But he stole closer, the color bleeding bright into the world. Gold hair, ivory flesh, and ruby lips, the tapestry of a thousand faces painted hung behind her. It was thick and it bordered the wall of windows, chased away the chill and harbored heat in the hearths of the grand library in the castle. He knew these walls well, but they were different. Faces were missing, some were there he'd never seen before, but the words were a blur—she must have not known what they were, or bothered to remember or look that day.

”Wasn't that a dainty dish to set before a king?
                                      The king was in the counting house, counting out his money;
                                      The queen was in the parlor, eating bread and honey;
                                      The maid was in the garden, hanging out the clothes;
                                      There came a little dickie bird, and popped upon her nose!”
                                      She giggled with hands caressed against her belly. The rocking chair creaked as the tips of her bare toes grated against the Armenian rug, the golden accents woven in the familiar serpents and dragons he'd once spent hours reading upon. Behind him, the sound of wood scraped against stone and he turned his back to find a much younger version of his uncle at the doorway. His hair was darker, thicker, and it held a luster it did not anymore, his beard was shorter than usual and it crawled halfway down his neck in black. But some things never change, and his piercing, deliberate stare was still tipped with poison.

”Are you hiding from me, sweet sister?” He laughed heartily, an underlying wickedness reflected in his echo. ”I've been looking
                                      everywhere for you.” His amusement was double edged. ”You haven't been hiding from me, have you?” Gold eyes fixated on her slowly, eyed her up and down and paused longingly on the fast growing womb cradled inside of her.

”Remington...” Guiseley still smiled as sweetly as any rose, but her thorns were sharp. ”What in Heaven's Grace would give you that idea?” Soft spoken and caring, her eyes were warm as she danced this dance a thousand times over. ”Have you a guilty conscience, Remy? I'd be delighted in accompanying you to my William, I'm
                                      sure he could fix all your troubles.” The offered seemed genuine enough, but Tay could see a war waging. He furrowed his brows—this was getting no where—he encircled the pair as the spoke, seeing nothing that hinted at anything!

”Don't play coy with me,” the threat invaded.

”Remington—I don't understand,” her voice fell flat. It lost its honey sweet charm the moment she saw his hand twitch for the wand hidden in his sleeve. ”Where's William?” The panic began to edge on her voice; Tay couldn't tell if it was real or not.

”He's not here,” the smile birthed sin. ”As a matter of fact, the bloke's just been called in by the ministry, and I expect he'll be a while.” Her glow began to darken. ”I know why you're here Guiseley.” If it was meant to bait her in, her petulant stare gave him nothing. ”I've been watching you, and I know you've been watching me too.”

”You mean right now? You're bloody brilliant.” She taunted him, so he attacked.

”The Kamenev's hired you.” All of the color washed from here face then, stark and white. ”Yes...I thought so... You're after one peculiarly ancient and dangerous curse, aren't you?” It was outrageously condescending, like he was speaking to a child and a not a woman he'd almost murdered him in his sleep more times than anyone could guess. ”You won't. And do you want to know why?”

The reluctance shimmered in her eyes. ”....and why is that?” She mused him, what else could she have done.

”Because I'm going murder you, my dear. I'll ruin you. I'll rip that child from your belly and make it watch you die... But I won't if you'll oblige my terms. I own you now, you report to me, you tell me everything, and if you don't...” Guiseley was furious. Arsenic fueling her fire and hate, she dared to try and stand, heaving her belly up and cradling the arm of her rocking chair for support—she froze instantly—she never even noticed.

Tay jumped. He felt nothing, touched nothing. These were memories, he had to remind himself. He was nothing to them, invisible and powerless to stop it. The point of his wand dug into her abdomen. ”When is the next time you're scheduled to meet with a commissary for the Kamenev's?”

”.....On the night of the new moon.”

”What is the current report status you were going to return?”

”.....You, Rich, Burke, you've separated the texts between the three of you and I've yet to discover where your portion has been hidden." Her voice chilled as ice.

"I see," he nodded, slowly. The tip of his wand dug in a little deeper and he could feel the kicks from the baby inside. "You..." he smirked, "are going to tell them you have a lead on how to find my piece of the puzzle, and then, you will report back to me and tell me everything." Wand shoved a little bit harder and she gave an involuntary groan of pain. "Do you understand?"

"Yes!" Tay had to grit his teeth, he couldn't stand another second of this. The image began to distort; the colors drained from the world and everything went glossy like paint until it was smudged and blurred into a dizziness. A plume of smoke swirled in a tempest, the slow gray tornado plumed before the smoky images began to shape and shift and form into something entirely different, entirely new.

~~~ * ~~~

Thick brush strokes coated the oblique world of smoke and mirrors around him, the spectral ghosts whirled into silhouettes and hardened into features and shapes and garments and wrinkles. The colors dyed into the fabric of memory.

"Don't you dare...Don't you dare." She warned. Her voice was shrill and frail. Her frame was much more slender than the last he'd seen it. Tay couldn't help but wonder if this was before or after his birth. So far, he could only see her back. He took several steps to side of the spectral setting and spotted the sight of his father and uncle--they looked so young. An ominous figure towered shortly behind, he couldn't see the features of who it was just yet.

"We followed you, Guiseley. We saw you."

"What--What were you doing?"

"It's not," she was cut off harshly.

"She's been lying since day one! I told all of you but none of you bastards would listen to me."

”Enough!” Theodore, Tay's grandfather, bellowed from behind. His diligent stride neared until his features were painted into view, alabaster skin and gray, salt and peppered hair. He hadn't seemed to have changed at all.

”I will not stand and be accused of a crime I didn't commit.”

”And yet, here you stand.”

”You lied to me...” William was broken. ”You lied. Everything! It's all been a lie.” He snapped, wand in hand and he struck forward with every threat to strike—but he didn't.

”Incendio!” She panicked! The fire spurted from her wand but as quickly as it'd come, it was gone. An eruption struck, the light blinded him. A hard thud and lifeless drop echoed in his ears. When Tay could finally see, Remington and Theodore stood shell shocked. William's arm shook, his wand pinpointed on Guiseley's limp body, hatred in his eyes.

”Will,” a hand on the shoulder led the young man away. ”Remington, clean this mess up, put her down in the dungeons for now...I'll take care of the rest.”

”YOU KNEW!” Tay berated. His voice thundered on the stony walls, echoed up the high ceilings and intermingled with the deafening crack. He apparated into the dining hall where his father, grandfather, and niece sat in the midst of an early dinner. ”YOU KNEW AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME!”

”Tay!” William barked, the horror etched on his features in the shadows of his deep wrinkles. ”What the bloody hell?!”

”What the bloody hell is right! YOU LIED!” He stormed in, thrashed a vase from its column, ripped a chair from its feet until it collided and burst into the wall, splintered and shattered the backboard. ”YOU—!”

”ENOUGH!” Theodore rose, his chair screeched on the stone floors. ”Sophie, out! Tay—sit!”

”To hell with you! You almost killed my mother! You hid her! You LIED! She was alive! And you never told me!”

”You don't understand!” Will jumped to his feet, he gave Sophie a gentle push but she was frozen to her seat, eyes wide and absorbing everything.

”NO! You don't understand!” Another pop burst into the room, Remington apparated in. For a second, silence reigned as all eyes were on him. Remington shifted awkwardly. ”YOU!” Tay lunged.

Hands at his throat, his fingers squeezed so tight he could feel the vein struggling to pulse beneath his clutches, his adams apple suffocated tight as they scrambled. Theodore was the first to react. He snapped his hand upward and gave his wrist a hard flick, wandlessly ripping each man apart. ”I took him...to see...her,” Remington tried to explain, gasping for breath while his fingers cradled his neck.

”You murdered her. You stabbed her in the back, and you murdered her. You were going to kill me, too. You were going to kill all of us to get your wretched hands on this castle! You framed her! And you bastards believed him!” Tay was screaming at the top of his lungs, his heart in panic and mind in manic. The glass cups shattered.

”She was a spy!”

”She loved you! She loved us! And you almost killed her!” A ring of fire burst around him, in gold and crimson wretched flames. William tried to steal forward but the flames only rose higher; they licked up wild and greedy, slashed threateningly all around.

”STUPEFY!” Theodore commanded at the top of his lungs. The deep voice ricocheted in his Tay's ear drums as the bright red light exploded from the tip of his wand and struck him square in the chest. The fires immediately puffed into wisps of smoke as the young Nott fell backwards and clattered to the ground mercilessly. ”Get out, Remington. You're never to step foot on these grounds again, do you understand?”

”I—“

”Never.” The iciness drilled down to the bone. Theodore's jowls grinded, William rushed to his son's side as Remington stood stiffly.

”Sophie, come along now.”

”But I don't want to go with you—“

”Sophie!” Begrudgingly, she lurched from her seat, darted around the dining table past her uncle and grandfather, spared a second glance at her cousin with a callous expression before reaching Remington where the two disapparated with another distinct pop.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Jump into the sun
Dear boy what are you running from
Everyone has got to be saved

Run boy be a man
With legs too weak to make a stand
We're all crucified in the end

Jump into the sun
Dear boy what are you running from
The answer you will find in your grave

User Image

[Summer 2026]

”This is bloody ridiculous, you both know it.” Tay sat like an undignified child; arms crossed over his chest in a huff and shoulders slouched and crooked. It was a wonder he hadn't already been reprimanded, though he had to figure they would wait for the perfect opportunity. They always did.

”If anyone is to blame for this ludicrous notion, son, it's you.” Will's voice was impassively cool, so uncharacteristic of the tender hearted man. But even he had his limits, Tay supposed, how many times could you let a man down before he turned his back on you? ”You'll neither oblige us nor consent, you'd burn this place to the ground if you could.”

”And I should have.”

”Enough.” Theodore's visage was at the head of the table, a statue in every essence until now. His voice hammered like stone. ”I'll hear no more of this. Your proof only lies in memories, all of which can be just as easily tampered with as the next. Regarding their whereabouts and how you've come across these vials, I will not dare ask, but I promise you will end this fallacy? Correct?”

”Ah-” he was at a loss for words, blindsided by the family that had stabbed him in the back too many times to count. ”—no. No. No! Bloody damned hells, no!” He slammed a fist on the table that both William and Theodore eyed tentatively, waiting for something more. ”I won't let you.”

”Tay... I will not send my youngest son to suffer for the consequences of my eldest. He will remain as he is; this family name cannot suffer anymore of the malice you have enacted upon us.”

”I?! That I had?!” His temper was flaring; his father offered a sideways glance towards his grandfather. ”You tried to kill her! You murdered her! And you lied!”

”Rein yourself, Tay.” He mocked him sweetly. Though, for certainty, seemed rather unphased by the accusations cast against him. ”Your mother was neither a good or honest woman. Her treason’s are—“

”She was my mother.

”Tay... you have to understand. There was nothing that could have been done. No one suffers as much as I do, but we have our reasons.” There it was, that warmth. Kissed by fire, Tay still felt so cold.

”Yes, oh yes of course. You were lied and manipulated by Remington and now you think I'm the one who's brainwashed and delusional.”

”There is no doubt that he lied. But to extent you claim is impossible.”

”Because you refuse to see!”

”Hush child. The mere concept of that, 'ancient spell,' as you so deemed it, is entirely unfounded. There is nothing of the sort, not in which you describe. The Kamenev family has no conceivable reason to ever place Guiseley—“

”—Don't say her name like you care.” He spat.

”In any case, her means were simple.” Theodore Nott reclined in his seat for the first time in the hours they've deliberated, day after day. It seemed his age was steadily catching up to him. It had dawned on Tay how foolish this was. He should have known he would never see Remington tried and convicted, should have known that no one would believe him. But it begs to wonder, how much of it is really the truth? Is it all another lie? The web had been spun so intricately, but he'd made a mess of things and tangled the strings like a noose around his neck. And what spell could Remington possibly be hiding. ”Be grateful that I don't name him heir over you. At least he thought to muse me with his lies,” he chimed in rather condescendingly. ”Sit up straight boy, you are my blood, I will not suffer this insolence of you.”

But Tay didn't move, at least not in the way that had been hoped. ”Fine. Do as you will.” His chair screeched against the stone floors. ”I've enough of the lies and treachery from the both of you. If either of you ever speak to me again, I'll kill you.” That sneer that poisoned him disappeared in his last fleeting words, there was such an innocence in his statement, such an unprecedented truth like he'd never spoken before. He stood and stormed, his left leg ever so slightly crooked in its gait. The loud, dismal crack of his apparation thundered through the corridor.

[Exit to Beach House]

╔══════════════╗
Height: 6’2” ♜ Weight: 181 ♜ Age: 23
The Nott Castle
╚══════════════╝

Boy's on the outside of heaven
...the outside of heaven...
But I could be wrong

Quote:

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:34 pm
User Image
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After talking to Eretria, she'd come to the realization that yes she would indeed have to walk up to that damn castle and hope she could find Tay. She was pissed about it, because if he wasn't there, and she had an inkling that he wouldn't be anywhere near the damn place, then she'd probably have to talk to his father or his grandfather or his uncle for that matter, and it would be the weirdest conversation she'd ever had. And why would his family know where he was anyways? She highly doubted he kept in touch with them and told them his whereabouts very often.... and by that she meant never. She grumbled, staring up at the castle she'd apparated in front of. She wasn't actually positive she could physically make herself do this. Why did Tay have to be so damn hard to find? He couldn't make it easy on her could he? She couldn't very easily just go searching through every beach house in Cromer in hopes of finding him, and even then he could be somewhere else than there too by now. Although at the moment, the idea of that long search sounded a lot more appealing than the idea that she could very easily be forced into a weird conversation with his family the moment she knocked on that door.

As she stared up at the castle, her phoenix came drifting down from the clouds to perch gently on her shoulder. Silver eyes glanced towards the bird, lifting a hand to scratch his head affectionately. “Do you know where he is Volare?” She asked. The bird trilled a soft sound at her and rubbed his head against her cheek. “Yeah I don't speak bird.” She sighed heavily and glared at the door in front of her. The phoenix, most likely to help her out, or just to annoy her, suddenly took off from her should and rapped his talons against the door multiple times before landing back on her shoulder. “I'm going to kill you too one day.” She growled under her breath at the beloved pet.

Callin’ out รเภร just to pass the ҭเ๓є
                                                      I’ve got ภ๏ҭђเภﻮ left to ใ๏รє
                                                      єνєгұҭђเภﻮ that I’ve๒єς๏๓є
                                                      Just ғคใใร เภҭ๏ the єภ๔

Essy Ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:37 pm
William Dante Nott the Second
Keeper of the Nott Castle and Estates
Order of Merlin, First Class
Head Hit Wizard

User Image

William had honestly never felt so alone in this castle. He suffered miserably, it gnawed like sandpaper at his sanity with nothing more than the house elves for company. With his father, Theodore, away on official business in Ukraine through the past week, it'd been just him and the loyal family dog. Old Knight hardly had another year or so on him, however, and hardly left the library anymore. Tay had disappeared, again, shirked each and every responsibility with a flying finger and a '******** you.' Will shouldn't have been so surprised. He could live with his lies, but he knew there would be a day when his son could not. Unfortunately, it had come much sooner than he had expected. He hadn't heard of Remington since his third exile (or was it fourth?) It seemed every time he was through with that man, Rem would offer the smallest glimmer of hope just because he could and then destroy it on the spot.

Honestly, it was just getting old.

It was, therefore, impossible for him to actually believe that his brother would have truly done what his son had sworn. Twisted lies in the hopes of gaining some arbitrary ancient curse which probably didn't even exist. His son was foolish, still so young, full of brash ideas and a wounded soul. His brother would never be so foolish...

His thoughts were delayed at the squeak of a house elf and the arrival of an unexpected visitor. William told the house elf to return to its duties, he would personally see to this guest himself. It wasn't so often that he had visitors—maybe it was the Wyn family? They were close, perhaps it was a dinner party invitation? That would certainly be lovely. Moments later and after a precise crack of magic, he apparated at the doorway and swung the heavy wooden door aside. His shock was apparent. The lunar ambiance were startling features he couldn't pinpoint to a certain family, pureblood or no. She was young, perhaps of an age with his son, and that only seemed to make him worry more. His son wasn't... social. His last (and only) girlfriend had been in his third year, and that was because Will had practically forced it upon him. The O'Malley girl was charming, William thought, he hoped she would skew his immoral sense but if anything it had only gotten exponentially worse. ”....” He blinked. ”Ah-I'm sorry-is there anything I can help you with?” He realized he must have seemed quite rude, gawking with eyes wide open. Honestly, it's been to long since he's had any interaction other than official 'hit wizard' business.

Devlyn Maycry

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:45 pm
User Image
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michelle stood silently, staring at the man who answered the door, and he made no effort to hide the fact that he was staring right back. He had the same golden eyes as Tay, which led her to believe this was his father. Slowly pale arms crossed across her chest and she quirked her eyebrow up at him. She said not a word, waiting silently for him to decide to speak. Volare trilled loudly in annoyance at all the silent waiting. At the sound of the phoenix's voice the man in front of her jumped into action, apologizing (presumably for staring), and asking why she was there.

It wasn't as though she wasn't used to it. People stared often. The stark white hair and silver eyes tended to have that effect. Amazingly enough they were all natural and her mother had looked exactly like her. She lifted a hand up to tug on a strand of her hair and look up at him curiously. The real question now was, did she just come out straight about it and ask or beat around the bush. She could beat around the bush to save face, but when had she ever cared about that. And she wanted to find him now. “Do you know where Tay is?” She asked so simply. The words rolling off her tongue so easily. She hadn't expected it to be that easy.

Just ғคใใร เภҭ๏ the єภ๔

Essy Ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:43 am
William Dante Nott the Second
Order of Merlin, First Class
Head Hit Wizard

User Image

William resisted the urge to follow her subconscious cues, to not cross his arms and quirk her brow as she'd done to him. If he mirrored her, he knew, it could affect the way she viewed him, it could determine the course of conversation, it could even distort a sense of similarity that, in other words, could make him seem a bit more approachable than otherwise. But if this young woman was anything at all like his own son, she'd take it as a threat or see it as blatant arrogance. Unless she was nothing like Tay, in which case, what in the world would she be doing here, seeking him out? Unless he owed her something, unless he broke something. He bristled his shoulders at the thought. In the long stretch of silence, he could pinpoint her unwillingness. She seemed defeated, tugged at a strand of delicately silver hair and then just, came out with it. How candid and eerily familiar.

Of course, now he had to debate upon how to answer this question. One thing was clear, she had to be a friend—unless she knew too much—only his son's friends' called him Tay, but seeing as how few and practically non-existent they are..... Will didn't have much of a choice anyway, it wasn't exactly like he knew where his son had gone, or what he'd been up to, other than not letting things go. He sighed slowly, deflated and fought the natural instinct to slouch his shoulders at the thought. ”...I don't know, I'm sorry. He left a few weeks ago, didn't mention where he was going or when he'd be back.” It would have been pointless to even ask, but out of courtesy, he did. ”The next time I see him I can leave him a message, but I figure your phoenix would have faster luck to that than I?” He blinked, it seemed to be staring at him. He tried not to acknowledge it at first, it hadn't been the first phoenix he'd ever seen (though that one had been considerably old in its age and near its time of rebirth) but he'd certainly never been this close to one before. Let alone it was perched on her shoulder, whoever she was. He was almost afraid to know. But it made the most sense; the less he knows, the less he'll have to lie.

Devlyn Maycry

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:00 pm
User Image
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michelle showed no sign of disappointment when he confessed he knew nothing of his whereabouts. She looked up at the man curiously. He was similar to Tay in ways but also quite different. She could see the family resemblance though. Of course the eyes helped that factor. Every Nott she'd met seemed to have those eyes.

Immediately she shook her head when he asked about a message. She was too used to hiding in plain sight. She couldn't... wouldn't leave her name randomly all over the place. At the mention of her phoenix though it suddenly hit her. She was an absolute idiot! How had she not thought of it before. Volare had been to the damn beach house before. He could easily take her there without a problem. Internally she seethed, but on the outside she was stone cold, as per usual. "No messages are needed." She said quietly. "Thank you for your help."

Just ғคใใร เภҭ๏ the єภ๔

Essy Ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:33 pm
William Nott the Second
Head Hit Wizard

╔════════════════════╗
WHEN:: Summer of 2038
WHERE:: Nott Castle
WITH WHO:: Theodore

╚════════════════════╝

"Dammit! Twll tin, answer me!" Veins popped when he screamed and doubled when he slammed his fist down on the table for emphasis, Theodore never flinched.

"William," the elderly man spoke low, his son had to lean in just to hear. "What's done is done."

"No. I don't accept that. I refuse." His father had gone mad, surely, that could be the only explanation for allowing this charade to go on for as long as it had. Will knew he was the most responsible for that, but at least he wanted to make amends.

"William, he's your son. He is a Nott. I will not have a Nott tried and convicted to Azkaban under my court."

Will stood there, shocked. "He kidnapped your grandson! He nearly murdered my brother, your son. That boy is a menace to the wizarding world and I have followed your orders for far too long. I will not sit idly by while he continues on this way. He is my son and he is my responsibility."

"You will do no such thing."

"Why haven't you visited him? Remington needs our help. His son is out there and the only one who knows where to find him, is Tay." Will dug his fingers into the table that separated him and his father while wishing it were the wood of his wand instead.

In the stretch of silence that followed, Theodore stood from his chair and turned to the roaring fireplace. "Remington is beyond our reach. Edric is gone. You and I are the only Nott's who remain, the only ones who matter. One day, Tay might return to us. But not if he's incarcerated and plotting the demise of the dear father who betrayed him."

Will scoffed, he couldn't believe what he was hearing. As far as it mattered, their family is dead. Their legacy is dead. Everything that once mattered is dead. The only thing that matters now is justice. "You're wrong. You have another son. Or have you forgotten Tobi so quickly?"

"And you think he wants this? This cursed place?"

"He could do better than us. Be better than us. Start something new. You don't have to ruin the life of my sister's son for the sake of maintaining, what, exactly? Our reputation? It's already worthless!"

"Don't you think I know that?!" Theodore finally snapped. Flames cackled and rose to a dangerous height. "What do you think I've been trying to do?! After all these years of being a bloody degenerate, your brother finally settles down, produces an heir, then THIS happens? Not that it should ever have come to that, had you remarried and had children as I had advised you for decades! Yet here we are. Thrusting a Frost into the seat of a Nott. Not to mention the Blodwen's have been clawing to get their hands on this castle since Cai had been born."

"Wonderful. Let them have it if they want it so much. I will put out a search for Tay, and I will see him convicted for everything he's done." Turning his back was a mistake, he knew, but he did it anyway.

"Don't you dare, William ... William! Get back here!"

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:16 pm
THOMAS MCGREGOR________
EDRIC_NOTT ______
First Year, Hufflepuff, Pureblood ___
═══════════════════════ _
                                                              Uncle had not come to receive him from the train. He almost didn't notice Grandfather in the crowd who had waved to get his attention. Apparently, Uncle Will was gone on a business trip and had been for the past two months. Grandfather had tried to assure him; he even bet five whole galleons that Uncle Will would arrive in time for Christmas.

Edric won five pretty gold coins that wintry afternoon. The house elves had woken him early, fussed over his hair and insisted on which clothes he ought to wear. "Mistress Nott will be in the coming to see the Little Master today," the house-elf squeaked. Edric rolled his eyes. "Stop calling me that." Then shooed the twitchy creature away. So his mother was coming to see him after all. Edric frowned, squeezed the tie in his shaking fist and fought the sting of tears pricking his eyes. This was the first Christmas he would be without Joi and Wallis and Michael and Leon, even if Leon was a bit of an arse. He'd take the McGregor's over the Nott's any day of the week. But he wasn't allowed to choose. He already asked, much to Uncle Will's shock and disappointment.

It just wasn't the same. It was all too much. Grandfather had these long, elaborate tales of their family history. So many mantles to carry (and avoid.) And somehow, Edric was expected to live up to all of these expectations. Marry pure, sire an heir, learn the family finances, build a career in the ministry to one day join seat with the Wizengamot Judges. It was just too much.

And now he had to play nice and pretend with Mother. Would she take him to the manor? Or were they having dinner here alone? He wasn't stupid. He knew Mother despised Uncle and Grandfather, and he knew the feelings were all mutual. But he also knew that Grandfather would make himself scarce if it meant pleasing the only woman in all of England that could give him a migraine. Edric strangled his tie on just the way Uncle had taught him and sighed at the window, the glass foggy from his breath. The Welsh countryside was vast and green, and he wanted nothing more than to go running around the muddy moors than meet with the woman he was supposed to call Mother.

Edric was summoned by the house elf later that day and dragged his feet down the stairs. He groaned, long, loud and shameless. His shiny shoes were too tight, the coat itched and he did not want to play nice at all. It wasn't fair. He wanted to whine about school, about how classes were hard and all his mates seemed so far ahead of him. But Mother wouldn't be hearing any of it. And why lie? He was scared. That dark, smoldering stare shook his nerves. Worsened yet when she rose her voice and the sharp angles and shadowy wrinkles cut his self-esteem to ribbons. But today is Christmas. Today he will eat a feast. Today he will open presents. Today he will attempt at being a normal family.

Edric reached the bottom of the stairs and an earnest smile found him on the landing. He turned that smile on her and said, "Happy Christmas Mother!" Then immediately fidgeted afterward, shifting his foot from ball to heel and back. It was weird having to talk like this. At school he was reluctant to continue the posh speech Uncle and Grandfather had attempted to drill into him (with a speech therapist even.) But he had no choice now. "Have you been well?" He asked, because it was polite, and because he was curious, and because he did not know what else to say.

╔═════════════════════════╗
WHEN:: Christmas Day, 2040 】
WHERE:: Nott Castle 】
WITH WHO:: Callidora 】
╚═════════════════════════╝

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              fαтнєя ∂ι∂ уσυ мιѕѕ мє, вєєи ℓσ¢кє∂ υρ α ωнιℓє
                                              ι gσт ¢αυgнт fσя ωнαт ι ∂ι∂ вυт тσσк ιт αℓℓ ιи ѕтуℓє
                                              ℓαι∂ тσ яєѕт αℓℓ му ¢σиfєѕѕισиѕ ι gανє ωαу вα¢к ωнєи
                                              иσω ι'м νєяѕє∂ ιи ѕσ мυ¢н ωσяѕє, ѕσ ι αм вα¢к αgαιи

spaceMost of the time, Callidora wasn't sure why she even bothered continuing with the farce that was her supposed motherhood. Remington wasn't around to try and placate with the act, and it wasn't as though she enjoyed playing the role at her age. She was too old for a child so young, no matter what potions she took to hide that fact. She felt every second of her age, every line in her face, whether they were there or not. Contorted features and smooth skin kept her looking fresh, as well as continuing to hide her identity (though by now it'd been so long, she didn't know why she bothered). But the mirror could lie to her eyes all it liked, her bones were well aware of the truth. Some days, she wondered how long it would be before Edric asked why he looked nothing like her. She'd not bothered with the potions and the like when he was a babe, seeing no point in hiding from her own son. But the last thing she needed was to draw the attention of her husband's relatives.

spaceOf course, there was the matter of Edric's sorting. Had it been Ravenclaw, she'd have let it go. Even Gryffindor had some honor to it, as loathe as she was to admit it. But Hufflepuff? It was disturbing, to say the least, that any child of hers could sink so low. She'd crowed long and loud the day Lysandar's granddaughter had been sorted into the house of leftovers, and now she supposed she was paying for that, at least a little. Of course, her shame wasn't nearly as pronounced as his had been, she reasoned. Edric had been taken away, raised by filth. Of course he'd developed some unsavory traits, of course his growth had been stunted. Persephone had been raised by her grandfather from her birth, nurture and nature both somehow failing the child. At least in Edric's case, she could lay the blame squarely on the (ugh) muggles who'd had him in their care for so long.

spaceStill, it wouldn't do. She was his mother, and she didn't have much left to her, so she might as well own what she did. It was bad enough that Remington was in the bloody nuthouse, a fact she'd heard more than a fair few gossips blame her for. As if the man hadn't been certifiable when she'd met him. Edric's very existence proved that fact quite handily, not that anyone knew the specifics of his conception or birth. If they did, perhaps the man could've been rotting in prison long before the boy's disappearance sent him careening over the edge. Of course, she'd have ended up in prison right alongside him, since she had no doubt he would've taken her down with him. Sometimes she wondered why she'd ever taken up with the fool in the first place. Then she would inevitably spot something that reminded her of her first son and it all came back to her.

spaceShe waited at the foot of the stairs for Edric, not bothering to hide her distaste at the presence of the House-Elves. If she'd thought herself capable of being a proper mother, she never would've agreed to her in-laws keeping him. As it was, she knew she was in no way fit to be the boy's caregiver, and didn't much desire to do so anyway. Still, seeing that he was being looked after by the creatures made her blood simmer. When the boy arrived, polite as could be, but fidgeting as he stood before her, she sighed heavily.
                                              "Happy Christmas, dear," she replied, not bothering to inject any enthusiasm. "I'm quite well," a lie, really, but she was as well as she could be. Not the child's fault that wasn't very well at all. "I hope that the restlessness in your legs is simply excitement you're failing to contain. I'd hate to think you were doing poorly." She gave him a pointed look, glancing at the foot that had shuffled as he spoke. She doubted very highly if there was anything wrong with the boy, physically, at least. He seemed hearty enough.

spaceWith a huff, she glanced at her watch. As far as she knew, the Notts were supposed to make themselves scarce so that she could have time alone with the boy. She'd insisted on as much, seeing as clearly whatever they were doing to set him to rights, it wasn't enough. She needed to have a conversation with the child, a private one. One where, hopefully, she could ascertain her next move with regards to his upbringing. She had several ideas, but none of them were very appealing.

space"I believe your Grandfather arranged for us to have dinner," she told him, arching a brow. "Escort me to the dining room, won't you? You can have your presents after we eat." If there was one thing Callidora understood, it was gifts. That was how Remington had managed to keep her anger at bay for years, how he'd seduced her and controlled her. As loathe as she was to give the man any credit, she knew it was effective. Hopefully, the boy would be similarly inclined. Weren't most children? She recalled Damien being much the same. A bribe for good behavior could go a long way. She didn't expect it to be quite that easy, but it couldn't hurt.

fσя тнє ωαуѕ тнαт ι нυят, ωнєи ι'м нιкιиg υρ му ѕкιят
                                              ι αм ѕιттιиg σи α тняσиє ωнιℓє тнєу'яє вυяιє∂ ιи тнє ∂ιят
                                              fσя тнє мαи тнαт ι нαтє, ι'м gσιиg тσ нєℓℓ
                                              gєттιи' нєανу ωιтн тнє ∂єνιℓ, уσυ ¢αи нєαя тнє ωє∂∂ιиg вєℓℓѕ

wнere - Nott Castles - Entryway
                                              wнen - Christmas 2040
                                              wιтн - Edric
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

Essy ze Ninja

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:50 am
THOMAS MCGREGOR________
EDRIC_NOTT ______

His smile dropped like an anchor. Edric didn't know what he expected, but somehow, it wasn't this. There should have been laughs and smiles and hugs—big hugs—like the kind you get after you've been apparently kidnapped for half your life. Instead, her words took a bite out of his pride. He dropped his head, furrowing brow and pouting lips directed at the floor until he could compose himself long enough to muster a (somewhat) straight face. His lips parted but he paused, eyes searching the floor for the right answer. ”Yes mother?” He sounded unsure because he was unsure. It wasn't excitement, but he had a feeling it was not up for debate. He clamped his foot down solid, curled his toes, and did his best not to fidget in other ways.

Mother checked her watch and Edric pretended not to notice and not to care. He nodded quietly at her statement but perked up at the mention of presents. He had almost forgotten those. The wonder and anticipation was enough to make him smile again as he led her to the family dining room, the smallest of all the dining halls. He wished for a broom, or better, a flying horse. He imagined all the sorts of wizarding toys he might find in one of his gifts. The heavy oak table was set for two but could seat eight members comfortably, still it was much more intimate compared to the thirty, and three hundred, seated halls. He almost plopped down in his seat, but double tracked in time to hold a chair out for his mother, like Grandfather had reminded him.

Seated and piling portions of turkey, ham, roasted potatoes and greenbeans on his plate, he stole upwards glances at his mother whom he looked nothing like. The question crossed his mind often enough that he had begun making up excuses for it himself. Like taking after a grandparent, for instance. He'd seen pictures of his sister, Sophie, and he looked enough like her to solidify the conclusion. But it still crosses his mind. The silence would have been deafening if not for the clang of silverware against dinner plates and crunching chewing food. ”I joined the Drama Club in school this year,” he said, fishing for some hint of approval, and if not that, then at least to share a part of his life. ”The Dueling Club won't take first years,” he added, trying not to pout but rather failed. He perked back up however when he said, ”I did learn a lot of new spells though, I'm really good at Defense against the Dark Arts.”

WHERE:: Nott Castle 】

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

fαтнєя ∂ι∂ уσυ мιѕѕ мє, вєєи ℓσ¢кє∂ υρ α ωнιℓє
                                              ι gσт ¢αυgнт fσя ωнαт ι ∂ι∂ вυт тσσк ιт αℓℓ ιи ѕтуℓє
                                              ℓαι∂ тσ яєѕт αℓℓ му ¢σиfєѕѕισиѕ ι gανє ωαу вα¢к ωнєи
                                              иσω ι'м νєяѕє∂ ιи ѕσ мυ¢н ωσяѕє, ѕσ ι αм вα¢к αgαιи

spaceCallidora tutted lightly at the boy's uncertainty, mouth forming a thing line, even as she tried to give him something approaching a smile. "Was that a question or not, Edric?" she asked, tone pointed, but not entirely unkind. Perhaps she'd grown a little less sharp in her old age, she mused. She didn't recall being this soft in recent memory. Perhaps not even since... well, since Damien had nearly died to save that filthy little harlot he'd ended up marrying. But, now wasn't the time to worry about that. Her eldest son was well beyond her saving, and she'd had no hope of ever even trying, not with his father encouraging him. At the very least, the Nott family saw what an affront Edric's situation was, and were working to help her fix it.

spaceWith a sigh, she continued,
                                              "Do try to speak with a little more confidence, dear. Even if you don't feel it. Fake it until you make it, as they say. It works wonders, believe me." Normally, she wouldn't be so candid with another person. But this was her son, and she wanted what was best for him. If only because she had nothing better to worry about, aside from herself. And worrying about herself was becoming more tiresome than anything else.

spaceShe noticed with a shrewd eye how he almost forgot to pull out her chair for her, but held her tongue; he'd remembered on his own, no need to reprimand him for something he'd already corrected. She observed him as he made his plate, making note of his portions before working on her own plate. They ate in silence for a time before he saw fit to speak. She considered reminding him not to speak until spoken to, but given that she knew well enough that she might not've bothered to ask him anything for a good while, she let it slide. There were bigger concerns than his wishing to discuss his schooling with her. And besides, this was exactly the sort of information she needed.

spaceShe hummed thoughtfully as he spoke of his extracurricular choices, arching a brow curiously.
                                              "Drama club? In my day, there was no such thing. It'd been banned by an old headmaster... Interesting that they've seen fit to bring it back." She wondered, briefly, if she should be worried that the boy was interested in such things, but decided not to concern herself with it. Theater was an artform, and so long as he didn't get it in his head to be an actor or work in the trade somehow, she didn't see the harm. Of course, she'd have to n** any such aspirations in the bud. "This interests you? The performing arts?" she asked cautiously. "It wouldn't do for a career, you know. But I think it's a fine enough hobby... What sort of production will you be putting on? What about the children leading it, hm? What are they like?" The club itself wasn't the problem; the content might be, as well as the company.

spaceShe made a noise of distaste at the comment about dueling club. It wasn't unusual for a boy to be interested, of course, but she found it rather uncouth. Not to mention that her daughter-in-law was a damned Auror. She had no desire for Edric to ever pursue anything so dangerous. It was beneath him.
                                              "Be careful with that club," she said coolly. "I'd hate to see you get hurt, dear. Children firing spells off at each other like that, it's dangerous." She needn't speak of the barbaric nature of it, she assumed. Despite the fact that dueling was considered a fine tradition, she'd never cared for it.

spaceHis comments turned towards his studies, and she fought to keep her expression neutral regarding his apparent skill at Defensive magic. It touched too close on her fears regarding the dueling club, and she had no desire to see her son get it in her head that he could be some sort of hero.
                                              "What spells have you learned then, hm? And how are you doing in your more, ah, civilized courses, hm? History? Transfiguration?" She'd have much preferred to hear that he was doing well at Transfiguration, as far as the wandwork went. It was intricate and difficult, the mark of a strong wizard without the dangerous nature of Defensive magic. Of course, that he wasn't a complete failure of a wizard was good to hear. She'd worried, admittedly, that his learning would be stunted by his kidnapping. At least she hadn't received any notice that he was falling significantly behind his peers.

fσя тнє ωαуѕ тнαт ι нυят, ωнєи ι'м нιкιиg υρ му ѕкιят
                                              ι αм ѕιттιиg σи α тняσиє ωнιℓє тнєу'яє вυяιє∂ ιи тнє ∂ιят
                                              fσя тнє мαи тнαт ι нαтє, ι'м gσιиg тσ нєℓℓ
                                              gєттιи' нєανу ωιтн тнє ∂єνιℓ, уσυ ¢αи нєαя тнє ωє∂∂ιиg вєℓℓѕ

wнere - Nott Castles - Entryway
                                              wнen - Christmas 2040
                                              wιтн - Edric
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

Essy ze Ninja

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:53 pm
THOMAS MCGREGOR________
EDRIC_NOTT ______

Edric shook his head. He did not trust himself to say the right thing and still be polite. Two different voices consumed his thoughts screeching to be heard over the other. One was crass and rude and stubborn; it wanted to snort and curse. The other was high-pitched, unyielding, and posh; it wanted to apologize, shut up, and sit down. Edric was caught in between.

Silence would only take him so far, he knew that. But so long as he was still a child, it was allowed. Preferred, even. How many times had he been told: 'Children should be seen and not heard.' Enough to bloody well piss him off, that's how many. He bowed his head, quiet and ashamed. He should have known better. She shouldn't have to always stop and remind him of every little misstep; he should just know. If he knew, maybe she would be happy to have him back. Maybe things could be different. He only met her gaze as she sighed and continued. Clearing his throat, he attempted his version of a bold and deep, ”Yes mother.” But came out as more of a squeak in his prepubescent voice than anything else. A thousand questions bubbled beneath the surface, trapped under a sheet of ice. He craved to know more about this strange woman, what her life was like, who his father was and how they met. Was Father really as bad as they say? And why hasn't he met any of her family? Maybe one day, he'll ask.

Edric pushed the food around on his plate in between bites, spearing his potatoes with deliberate deadliness. ”It's fun,” he blurted out defensively before she could try to explain all the reasons why her old headmaster had banned the club. To his surprise, she said nothing of the sort. The crumb of approval was enough to raise his hopes. ”Yes, it does,” he answered honestly. Furrowing a brow he continued with a mumbled, ”Oh...” As if the thought of being an actor had only crossed his mind at her discretion and then was tucked away appropriately into the file of broken dreams. ”Oh!” He repeated once he realized she wasn't entirely disappointed in one of his choices. ”The leaders are a Slytherin, Ruaridh Murdoch, and a Hufflepuff, Candance Mackenzie” They weren't pureblood, but he hoped she wouldn't rightly assume they were muggleborn. He would be hard-pressed to lie if she asked. So he rambled more names hoping to distract her, ”There's a Deveroux, a Selwyn, a League, and a Kinsley, too.” Those names were familiar, pureblood. Anything else, he had forgotten or never bothered to learn. Hopefully one of the families weren't—what's the word?—blood traitors. Or he'd be worse off than he started.

Edric shook his head flippantly. ”Of course, mother!” A silly club with silly students wasn't going to hurt him. Being alone, unguarded, and defenseless would. Although Edric had never felt endangered while he was “kidnapped”, the reality could have been much worse. Made a constant reminder by all those sleepless nights and bad dreams.

”History is interesting; the professor not so much. I'm excited for next semester! We're learnin' 'bout the Statue of Secrecy. Transfiguration's kind've hard, bu' I'm gettin' better at transformations! Turned my snail into a righ' wicked teapot, the spout was shaped like a dragon an' the handle was the tail, it was so brill'. I can show ye' if ye' want!” Class and propriety be damned, Edric was happy. The excitement carried words across his tongue faster than his brain could keep pace. He was himself again; a wide-eyed youngster with scabby knees and dirty feet.

WHERE:: Nott Castle】

Cara MiaKitty

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers