Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Whitethorne House Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Nicole apparated about a block away from the large home walking the rest of the way with her gifts in her arms and her boots the only sound coming from her. She was completely lost in her thoughts all of them surrounding the man who's home she was walking towards. She had gotten most of these gifts before Christmas but had delayed in sending them for fear that they wouldn't be received well. But after talking with her children (mostly having both of them give her looks and tell her she was being crazy) she decided enough was enough. Finally reaching the home she hesitated ringing the doorbell or knocking on the door. Standing there for about three minutes still hesitating she came up with a solution and began placing the objects decoratively around the door making sure he would see it but not actually step on them. She delivered the gifts and didn't make a complete fool of herself, take that!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:10 pm
User Image

User Image

Gearvin stepped out of his home, intent on going to the store. A simple task, really, but one that he still had trouble with in the light of the fact that he still had trouble cooking for himself. Something the Slutherin had trouble admitting to himself, let alone anyone else. Looking up, he blinked as he came face with Nicole. Well, this was awkward. He also noticed several parcels situated around his door. Cocking his eyebrow, he cleared his throat. "Hello Nicole. To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" After all, it wasn't every day that he ran into the mocha-skinned woman, no matter how often his thoughts turned to him these days.

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Surprised
OOC: ...

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Nicole, had she not been an grown woman and mother of two, would have believed the sound she just made was an "eep." But as stated, it didn't happen. "H-hello Gearvin, I was just..." she peered down at the strewn gifts with obvious embarrassment and began picking them back up. "I had these gifts for you before the holidays b-but I never sent them. M-my kids actually are the ones to persuade me to bring them over." she admitted with a light chuckle presenting her basket of toys and then two smaller colored boxes. "The bigger box is a few personal gifts the kids and I picked out or made and the smaller blue box is a Christmas P-Pudding. I made it with a little bit of alcohol for all the adults on my list and t-thought you might appreciate one." Nicole tried to avoid looking into the older man's eyes the entire time least she lose her nerve and run away with the gifts in tow but caught them towards the end and found herself rooted to the spot. There should be a limit to how fast your heart should beat per second.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A tiny owl flew its way towards the large home intent on finding a window to rest upon. He was tiny, he deserved the rest! Finally finding one he sat there for a good minute or so before tapping against the glass for entrance. Once opened he swooped in to drop the letter, written on a nicely printed stationary with the envelope barely bigger than the bird, before hooting in regards for an owl treat.

Nicole Cherri

Dear Gearvin,

I'm glad you enjoyed your gifts and I find myself very happy that they were received so well. As for dinner, I would be delighted to join you sometime this week. If I may speak, well write boldly, I your pragmatic part of you is what drew me to you in the first place. So I suppose I can't complete fault you for waiting as long as you had. Please write back with a date and time and I will await your visit.

Sincerely yours,
Nicole

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hogwarts Barn Owl

The serious owl flew towards the much larger house of this last recipient than the first and pecked at a few windows before he found one opened and flew in. He hooted loudly and brandished his leg importantly while waiting for someone to relieve him of his duty.

Tanya

Dear Mr. Gearvin,

Hello sir! I know you probably are wondering why you're getting mail from me considering I don't really write much, but I've got such wonderful news I couldn't contain myself! I made starting chaser on the Gryffindor team and I'm so excited I could dance! Actually while I'm writing this I'm doing a small jig in the owlry much to the annoyance of some of the owls, mostly this one. If he acts like a pain just give him a small treat because I already promised him some once he came back to the school Greedy little bugger..
Anyhoo! This is sorta coming out of nowhere, but are you doing anything of relative importance in a few weeks? Because if not would you mind coming to our first game? You could take my Mum with you and make a date out of it! You know, peruse around Hogsmeade, relive your glory days all that jazz! Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease?

Sincerely yours,
Tanya~<3
(here the start of the heart was hesitant but the lines grew bolder at the finish)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:32 pm
User Image
                                  So what am I not supposed to have an opinion
                                  Should I be quiet just because I'm a woman
                                  Call me a b***h cos I speak what's on my mind
                                  Guess it's easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled

User Image
                                  ════════════════════════
                                  𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝒾 || 𝐿𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓁𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓈 || 𝐸𝓃𝑔𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓈𝑒𝓇
                                  ════════════════════════

Eretria sighed as she trailed her wand over the branches of the tree set up in the living room. Her father was in the kitchen, making sure that he had everything for when Nicole came over. The blonde watched as a golden bubble came out and landed on a branch, and she nudged it just right to make sure it was in position. They were having a dinner part for the holidays, and evidently the entire family was invited, including significant others. She didn't know how Magni would be around her family, but she hoped her father wouldn't hex him at the first sign of anything. Then again, Chris was bringing over his girlfriend, who she knew from school. A Hufflepuff. Her lips twisted in a slight grimace before she shoved that thought away. No matter what thoughts she had on the subject, and she had quite a few, she couldn't necessarily crush her older brother's happiness. Even if she was a known halfblood. Adalaide's blood status had never been a secret, not like her brothers' inability to do magic. She was just glad no one had ever asked her where her brothers went to school at.

She smirked as the last silvery bubble lifted from her wand and she set it down just right on the tree. There, no one could say anything about whether or not both houses were represented on the tree. Silver and green for Slytherin, and red and gold for Gryffindor. It was also a bonus that they were holiday colours anyway. Giving the tree one more critical look, she set her wand aside and gestured with one hand. The tree lit up with a soft glow, and the young woman felt pleased with herself. She had the task of decorations, and thankfully it was made easier by the fact she could use magic. Now if anyone decided to ruin her work, she would of course hex them into next year. After the party, of course. She wouldn't embarrass her father by doing it during the party after all.

════════════════════════

Thinking: If there is one argument, I will kill someone tonight...
                                  Taken By: Magni Borson

Fenris

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

So what am I not supposed to say what I'm saying
                                  Are you offended by the message I'm bringing
                                  Call me whatever cos your words don't mean a thing
                                  Guess you ain't even a man enough to handle what I sing

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:28 pm
User Image

Outfit
| Outfit
| Outfit

╔═══════════════════════╗
Nicole apparated herself and her two children about a block away from their intended destination and checked both of them over for any sickness. Tanya looked a little green around the gills and Timothy gave a dry heave but thankfully nothing came out. When both assured her they were fine they set out for their short trek in the softly fallen snow with their gifts in hand and slight trepidation of what was about to occur. The mother was nervous at actually meeting the children of the man she had been seeing these past months and while she knew they were adults and lived mostly out the the house it made things, at least to her, all the more troubling. They distinctly remembered their mother and probably wouldn't feel right having her come into their father's life with two children of her own in tow trying to overcome her image. Not that she was trying! All she wanted to do was get through the evening in relative peace and understanding and came away with at least the children's blessing for their coupling.

Tanya was still a bit perturbed that she was even wearing a dress to this function. If this was supposed to be a quasi family event, couldn't she have turned up in what she normally wore around the holidays? Apparently a grinch sweatshirt and legging/skirt combo wouldn't work for this setting and her mother had forced her into more "suitable" holiday wear but hadn't gotten the chance to take a good look at what accessories the teen had chosen until about an hour before. And by then it was too late. 'Points to me' she had thought as her mother sighed and just accepted that her daughter was an odd duckling. At least with Timothy his slacks hid his Spiderman socks (which neither Cherri female had managed to get off of him for longer than a washer/dryer set). While her mother held the majority of the gifts shrunken in her purse she was holding a slight gag gift for Mr. Gearvin. Her mother had told them the main reason they were arriving early was so she could help the older man out in the kitchen, a reason she had made sure to bring her own apron and cast as many protection charms on her clothes she thought possible, the young Gryffindor had decided that the man needed his own apron around the kitchen. Her little brother had actually picked it out but she fully endorsed it and she and her Mum had a running bet whether or not he would put it on. She was betting for and the biggest piece of pudding was on the line!

Timothy held his own special gift for Mr. Gearvin in his hand, not that he didn't trust his Mum to safely handle it, but he had made it at school and felt personally responsible for its delivery. He was the most excited for this gathering mainly because he had heard that Mr. Gearvin had sons and if he and his mother actually did get married like Tanya teased about, that meant he would get older brothers! Don't get him wrong, he loved having an older sister, especially one as amazing as his own, but an older brother would be...it would be something special! Then again, if they got married he'd also be getting an even older sister but he thought it was a fair trade of two older brothers. It was like double the fun! His grin hadn't dimmed since they left their house and only got bigger at the sight of the large house in front of them. This place was humongous! Mr. Gearvin had to be like super duper rich to afford a place like that. An elbow in his side made him turn towards his sister who was laughing and poked him on the nose. "If your mouth opened up any bigger we could fit the only Christmas bird in there." she teased making him blush and pout. It wasn't his fault the place was huge!
Nicole smiled at her children's gentle teasing before she knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer.
╚═══════════════════════╝

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:09 pm
User Image
                                                  There are many things that I would
                                                  Like to say to you
                                                  But I don't know how

User Image

════════════════════════

Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Cʟᴀɴ Lᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ || Tᴡɪɴ || Eᴅɪᴛᴏʀ ғᴏʀ Wʜɪᴢᴢ Hᴀʀᴅ Bᴏᴏᴋs

════════════════════════

It was dusk by the time the brothers pulled up to the street of their father's home. For one, he hadn't been home for a few years, for the other, he hadn't been back for longer. Both you really couldn't tell the difference between, not with the lighting outside, but one was definitely paler than the other, and the paler twin rolled his eyes at his brother as he turned off his car, glad that they had stopped. Apparently Chalmes had developed a lead foot, and how they weren't pulled over by any police was beyond him."You know, if I were actually alive, I would be very much fearing for my life anytime you drove me anywhere."

The older twin just rolled his eyes at his brother, thinking that maybe the idea of getting drunk during this holiday wouldn't be a bad one. He was afraid that their father would again ask Chalmes when he was going to get over the whole idea of muggle everything and settle down with a nice witch instead. Besides, it wasn't like he hadn't tried. His luck with women just ended up with him, well, they met tragic ends apparently. He crossed his arms and gave the other a huff. "Oh yeah, I'm that bad of a driver. Who has a license again?"

Chris groaned, already knowing where this was ending up. "You and I both know that the only reason I don't have one is because the offices to issue driving tests doesn't exactly have night time hours, and well, if I go during the day, you'd have to explain to Ada how I ended up as ashes or something."

Chalmes groaned, all too familiar with the hour restrictions his brother had, and instead looked toward the back. "You're still alive back there, right? Well, we're here. Umm, sorry if I made you sick or something." He'd gotten to know Ada a little bit, and while he was still baffled by the fact that Chris even dated a witch to begin with, he wasn't going to say anything. Must be a thing where he sought out weird stuff like him now, Chalmes guessed. "Chris, just leave the presents in the boot. I'll go out and get them after dinner. Figure that we could at least wait a bit with that bit. And you did eat something before, right?"

Chris rolled his eyes at his twin. "You do realize I can eat normally, right? Just no garlic. And yes, I did have a meal before we left." He spoke around a blood pop in his mouth, grateful that it would at least curb any cravings he might get while home. He stepped out and opened the door for Ada, letting her out. "We're here. You need any help with anything?"

Chalmes merely snorted at the chivalrous attitude his brother was giving off, and made his way to the door, where some people were already gathered. Judging from their appearance, he could guess that they had to be the Cherris, judging from the mocha skin they all had. "Um, hi, Chalmes Whitethorne. Lemme get the door for you. Pretty sure it's still unlocked right now." Decidedly ignoring the thought that he was being as much of a gentleman as his brother was acting (hey, they both learned it from the same guy, so it had to stick, right?) he opened the door for the other three and let them inside, hanging his coat and scarf up on the coat rack just inside the entrance. "Hey father, Tria, got everything ready yet, or you need help?"

════════════════════════

Thinking: Chris: Well at least we're all in one piece. Chalmes: Ugh, holidays...
                                                  Taken By: Adalaide Blythe

Because maybe
                                                  You're gonna be the one that saves me
                                                  And after all
                                                  You're my wonderwall

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:39 pm
User Image
𝔸𝕕𝕒𝕝𝕒𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // loving Chris Whitethornespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Charming at the Whitethorne Homespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // the Whitethornes and Cherrisspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This can't go that badly, right?' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ Love me tender, love me long, take me to your heart.
For it's there that I belong, and will never part.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceAdalaide's nerves were, oddly enough, somewhat subdued by listening to the twins bicker. She didn't quite know why, because it didn't make a bit of sense, but she'd take what she could get, because her stomach was presently full of butterflies. She hadn't been this nervous since... well, probably since her first date with Chris, actually. When Chalmes apologized for his driving, she grinned a bit. Typical brothers. "Oh, I'm fine. You're not half as bad as my Aunt Hanna. I think my grandparents really regret making her go ahead and get hers; the last time she drove them anywhere, Oma said she thought she might actually prefer to be Apparated." Chalmes might've had a lead foot, but at least it was a consistent one; Hanna did this odd sort of thing where she'd speed way, way up, and then when she started getting to close to the car in front of her, she'd slow down gradually, so it was this odd sort of faster/slower thing and it never failed to make Ada sick. Her mother was a much better driver... hell, her father was, and he hadn't even grown up with cars.

spaceThe blonde gave her boyfriend a small smile as he opened the door for her before she could do so for herself, hopping out and smoothing her skirt nervously. "Ah, I'm fine. I don't really have anything except what's in my purse. And it's not like I can't manage that," she said with a light flush. This was a Christmas thing, so she had brought presents for people... although she'd been at a complete loss as to what to do on that subject. In the end, she'd asked her mother for advice and ended up making little holiday baskets with candy canes and things like that, plus some almost-freshly baked cookies. Well, for everyone except the twins. She'd gotten them actual gifts since she actually knew them both. Chalmes had been somewhat difficult to shop for, but in the end her grandfather had shown her this little model car he'd had sitting in a box for ages. The thing was supposedly vintage? She hoped he'd like it, but had no idea. Chris had somehow managed to be even more difficult to shop for, although that was mostly because she'd been very, very torn on what to get him because his gift had to be perfect. The gifts were all shrunk down to size and nestled in a small pouch in her purse. Easier to carry that way; besides, this way neither of the boys knew she'd gotten them anything.

spaceShe slipped her hand into Chris' and tried to suppress the feeling of dread that was slowly filling her. She didn't complain about it, though; this was hardly as awful as what he'd had to go through when he'd met her parents, after all. It'd just been him, surrouned by her family, Sebastian hanging off him all night while his parents rattled off questions like they were the Spanish Inquisition. She wasn't the only guest tonight; she could already see the other group standing on the porch, presumably Mr. Whitethorne's girlfriend and her children. Plus, didn't Eretria have a boyfriend, too? Was this his first time meeting the family as well? That had to be less awkward, right? Surely the boyfriend would prompt way more attention than she would. Although she did wonder if she was going to get some sort of look from Chris' father for being, as her father had oh-so-delicately put it, crazy enough to date a vampire. He'd been teasing, of course... but it didn't change the fact that she was pretty sure other people would think she was crazy. She took a deep breath, and glanced up at Chris, hoping she only looked half as nervous as she felt. "Any chance I could get a kiss before we go inside and have to act all proper and well-behaved?" she asked wistfully. Honestly, she wasn't sure if that was the best idea, or the worst. On the one hand, it might calm her down... on the other, it might have the exact opposite effect and make this all the more awkward to boot. Of course, he could always say no... but really, no one was looking at the moment. And she was a bit of a greedy thing when it came to his attention. Hey, there were only so many hours in the night!

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀ Love me tender, love me dear, tell me you are mine.
                                                          I'll be yours through all the years, till the end of time.
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:36 pm
User Image

User Image
                                              ════════════════════════

Oᴡɴᴇʀ ᴏғ Wʜɪᴢᴢ Hᴀʀᴅ Bᴏᴏᴋs || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Gearvin wiped his hands on the towel as he heard a knock at the door. He wasn't wearing a suit jacket, deciding to forgo one while cooking. He wasn't an amazing chef, that attribute went to his deceased wife instead, but he was good enough that he could make a meal. Noting that Eretria was still in the living room, he walked back towards the foyer where he noted that Chalmes had come in rather unceremoniously, apparently letting Nicole and her children in. He gave the trio a smile before cocking an eyebrow at Chalmes, who just shrugged in response. Well, they were related, and he did live there once, so it could be excused. He walked over to Nicole and gave her a peck on the cheek, and then looked toward Tanya and Timothy. He hadn't seen either in a while, and gave Timothy a pat on the head while a nod toward Tanya. "Welcome to my home. If ypu would like, go ahead and place the presents under the tree. Eretria should be finished decorating it by now. However, I do believe I may need to steal your mother for a bit to finish up with dinner, if she would so allow it, of course." Looking over to Nicole, he gave her a questing look. She wouldn't mind, would she? He knew that he'd asked her previously, but things could change of course. He then nodded toward his eldest son. "I am also certain that Chalmes would not mind helping to entertain the children. I believe he still has some board games, both him and Christopher both, upstairs in their old rooms."

════════════════════════
                                              Thinking: Well, let us hope this holiday isn't a total disaster.
                                              OOC:

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:00 am
User Image

Outfit
| Outfit
| Outfit

╔═══════════════════════╗
Nicole had just knocked upon the door when a car drove up behind them letting out two identical grown men and a rather petite young woman. She didn't state but from the short glance she gathered they were the twin sons and even if she hadn't the familial resemblance between them and Gearvin would have been a dead give away. She smiled as one came over and introduced himself while also opening up the door for them. "Thank you, I was almost worried we'd be stuck out here for a few minutes." After he went in and got comfortable she ushered her children in first while she brought up the rear and followed his lead by taking off her own coat while taking out the shrunken packages and un-shrinking them and stumbled slightly because she wasn't prepared for their combined weight. Thankfully her children took them into their arms to relieve the burden while Tanya slipped her the gag gift she had brought for Gearvin. Nicole colored lightly and unnoticeable against her sienna brown skin as a soft peck was pressed against her cheek as her (boyfriend? love interest? man?) welcomed them into his home. She blinked as he spoke of stealing her to finish up dinner but grinned softly and nodded subtly to his questioning look. It was rather cute that he insisted on cooking. "The children brought you an early gift and thought you would need it since you were so gracious as to cook for us all. I do apologize in advance, neither could be strayed from their choice." she said the last in a stage whisper glancing at both her children as she did so before presenting him with the unwrapped parcel. It was an apron with moving, flying snitches across the front that would come together to spell out "He's A Catch!" Even after knowing what it did and having stared at it for five continuous minutes just to fold it Nicole still had a hard time not to let her laughter escape.

Tanya was hard pressed not to gawk over the hulking mass of twins that exited the car and led them into the home. Mr. G made that?! What kind of freaky genetics was he hiding?! Holy...if he and her Mum actually had kids like she hoped, would they end up looking like a mix of all of them? If that happened they'd be having some pretty adorably awesome siblings! She spotted the shorter blonde girl that was practically clinging to one of them (well, the one that didn't open the door so basically the one that wasn't Chalmes. And what sort of name was that?!) and nearly gagged at the pheromones the two of them were giving off. Was that what happened when you got older and fell in love? Dear gods, was that what her mother and Mr. G looked like when she wasn't there?! Uggghhhhhh that was not a pretty picture! Once in the home she too took off her coat and scarf and helped Timothy out of his since he wasn't letting go of his gift for anything and took an eyeful of what she could see of the house. It was of course even bigger on the inside and kind of amazing. It certainly made their little shack of a home look more like...a shack. She giggled as her mother blushed at the cute peck bestowed on her by her boyfriend but rolled her eyes at his nod towards her. For goodness sake, he's seen her without baby teeth! She'd have thought he'd be over this whole "aloof" thing. That thought in mind she crossed the distance between them and gave him a short quick hug. "Merry Christmas sir! Your house is really beautiful." And who said she couldn't be cordial or polite? She hadn't even commented on her shock of seeing this close to casual in all the years that shes known him. As quickly as she came Tanya backed away from the hug and went over to help her mother and brother with the gifts and nodded as they were given direction as to where to put them. She did however hover around the kitchen for a few minutes to spy and see if he actually put on the apron they brought for him. No matter what her mother said it was not horribly garish! Finally she spotted the beautifully decorated tree and other blonde woman standing next to it. She guessed she had to be his daughter and found herself studying her. Like the twins she also looked a lot like Mr. G so she guessed the features she didn't recognize came from his late wife. After depositing the gifts under the tree she figured she didn't come this far to back out like a skittish kitten and went over to the imposing young woman and stretched out her hand and gave a small grin. "Hi, I'm Tanya Cherri. I like what you did with the tree. Very erm...color coordinated." she complimented eyeing the almost obvious use of Gryffindor and Slytherin colors with her grin widening.

Timothy eyes hadn't dimmed nor shrunk from the moment the two identical men came and helped them into the house until he was in the gigantic beautiful house itself. He barely even felt Tanya helping him out his coat and scarf he was too busy trying to take in everything. He did however smile widely as his head was pat by Mr. Gearvin and he too joined his sister in a short hug for the man who had basically been there his entire life. He nodded enthusiastically as he pointed him towards the tree and his sons and eagerly joined his older sister in depositing the gifts around the tree. He saw that she immediately went over to the older female so he decided to go and hang out with the twins. The short boy went over to the one that had opened up the door for them earlier and grinned brightly before writing down his introduction. "Hi! I'm Timothy Cherri. I'm ten years old, I like to read, and you're really big!" He turned his notepad around proudly if a bit embarrassed at his last assessment, even if it was true. He and his brother were really really big!
╚═══════════════════════╝

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:28 pm
User Image
                                                To this world I'm unimportant
                                                Just because I have nothing to give
                                                So you call this your free country
                                                Tell me why it cost so much to live
                                                Tell me why

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

₴qцїЬ || Tшїи || Mёcнaпїc

════════════════════════

Chalmes blinked as he was suddenly offered to be the kids' chaperone for the night, which caused the young man to give his father a look. Seriously, his father knew he wasn't exactly happy with the whole dating thing, not yet anyway. Part of him wanted to know who this woman was that his father had become infatuated with. He wasn't a naive kid anymore, however, and understood what it was like to get lonely when everyone around him was with someone. Which meant yes, he was definitely in the mood to get drunk. Which explained why his father decided to give him the task of watching the kids and all. Sighing, he was slightly relieved that Tanya had decided to go harass his sister instead of him, leaving him with a small kid who apparently wrote his name down on a sheet of paper. Frowning, suddenly Chalmes understood. He was 'disabled' as far as a good chunk of the wizarding world was concerned, so he might have an advantage of understanding the kid better. Or maybe his father just wanted to snog Nicole in the kitchen away from the children, Nicole's and his own.

Shoving his hands into his pockets, he let out a breath and thought for a moment. Well, couldn't get any more awkward than it already was. Giving the boy's mother a nod, he gestured upstairs with his thumb. "Well, Timothy - you don't mind if I just call you Tim, do you? You wanna help me find a game or something we can bring down? Can't use anything muggle, since this house is full of witches and wizards at the moment, but pretty sure we can scrounge up something. Plus, as long as my old radio isn't fried again, we can bring that down for some Christmas music too." Hey, no one said he couldn't. Besides, it could help to break the ice. Though, muggle Christmas songs were kind of different from wizarding world Christmas songs. His father was not a big fan of anything muggle, but he figured he could deal with it for one night. It was Christmas, after all.

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: Wow, gee, thanks father...

This world can turn me down
                                                But I won’t turn away
                                                And I won’t duck and run
                                                Cause I'm not built that way
                                                When everything is gone there
                                                Is nothing there to fear
                                                This world cannot bring me down
                                                No cause I'm already here

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:06 pm
User Image
                                  So what am I not supposed to have an opinion
                                  Should I be quiet just because I'm a woman
                                  Call me a b***h cos I speak what's on my mind
                                  Guess it's easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled

User Image
                                  ════════════════════════
                                  𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝒾 || 𝐿𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓁𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓈 || 𝐸𝓃𝑔𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓈𝑒𝓇
                                  ════════════════════════

Eretria was taken a bit aback at the appearance of a young girl suddenly appeared to put several gifts under the tree. The blonde woman blinked at the way the girl seemed to study her, however, and resisted the urge to use legilimency on her. The girl couldn't be much older than twelve or thirteen at the most, and while Eretria was hardly innocent at that age, she wasn't about to go around corrupting youths. Not yet, anyway. She took her hand, giving the girl a firm shake before introducing herself. "Eretria Whitethorne. I play chaser for England, and am obviously my father's child. Thanks about the tree. It took me a while to get it up, even with magic. I'm glad it came out well though."

She then paused and considered the girl for a moment or two, mostly sizing up the younger girl and thinking she recognized her from school. Which was ironic, since she had hardly paid much attention to the Sorting during her last year there. Ah, that was it. She recognised the name from the Sorting. She had known who her father was dating, of course (the man hadn't exactly been hiding who he was infatuated with, at the very least), and the girl had been sorted into Gryffindor. Which was why the decorations. If her father was really serious, and he rarely got this serious over something minor, then she might as well accept the fact she might become a sister to her children. She eyed the girl before her now. "So, you're in Gryffindor, hm? How's the school doing? I haven't been back there for a couple of years now, though I really doubt anything's changed. Are you on the quidditch team, and did they break the curse Bleiddiaid and Meredith put on the team?"

════════════════════════

Thinking: If there is one argument, I will kill someone tonight...
                                  Taken By: Magni Borson

Fenris

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

So what am I not supposed to say what I'm saying
                                  Are you offended by the message I'm bringing
                                  Call me whatever cos your words don't mean a thing
                                  Guess you ain't even a man enough to handle what I sing

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:25 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Tanya's hesitant grin widened as the Mr. G's daughter grasped her hand into a handshake and gave her own introduction complete with job occupation. Oh. My. Morgana. How had she not connected the freaking dots?! She was Eretria Whitethorne! Chaser extraordinaire of Slytherin and got flipping scouted right out of Hogwarts! Holy frick! For a minute all she could do was stare at her in unhidden awe thinking to herself that she was sharing the same room, nay the same air, as the person in front of her before she realized she had to blink and breath and turned away to hide her blush from staring. Smooth move Cherri, real smooth. She turned back around when she began questioning her about school and felt a bit of joy hearing that she actually knew what House she was in. Granted she could have either found out from her father or even guessed but still, it was something! The young lion cocked her head to the side for a moment hearing two other names fall from Eretria's list of question and tried to think of where she'd heard them. Bleiddiaid....Bleiddiaid.....right! She had been the captain of the team her first year and was also a prefect...or maybe she wasn't. She didn't remember much of her first year unfortunately. And that second name totally didn't ring any bells for her so maybe she knew her from her own schooling, and from the way she spoke of them she wasn't exactly fond of either of them. "Yeah, I'm a Gryffindor and school is....school? Honestly after first year things sorta just became same ol' same ol' with the exception of first years somehow becoming more and more annoying. And yes I am on the quidditch team, I'm a chaser like you! I was reserve last year but I made first string this year and as for the curse we broke it last year I suppose. Won both the Quidditch cup and the House cup but this year..." Tanya thought back to their first game and winced a bit. "We're still in the running but....my hopes aren't exactly high for last years stats if you catch my drift." she smiled wryly and chuckled.

Timothy looked on at Chalmes as he seemed a bit annoyed and for a moment was afraid that his notes might have bothered him when he turned back around and actually asked for his help to get the games. And he gave him a nickname! Tim was definitely better than Cookie. He nodded eagerly and went off with him up the stairs marveling at how big everything was and trying to keep his hands at his side no matter how much he wanted touch some of the stuff he saw. He had a question he wanted to ask but he wasn't sure how the older man was going to take it. All he knew about the twins was that they were squibs and that one worked in the muggle world as a mechanic and the other worked at Mr. Gearvin's shop like his Mum did. He was curious about what a mechanic did so he tried researching it at school but didn't come up with a lot. When they got up the stairs and began their search he brought back out his notebook and scribbled out his hesitant question. "My Mum said that you're a mechanic and that you fix cars. How do you do that? Can you teach me?" Timothy held it out to Chalmes with a nervous look on his face.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:57 pm
User Image
                                                  There are many things that I would
                                                  Like to say to you
                                                  But I don't know how

User Image

════════════════════════

Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Cʟᴀɴ Lᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ || Tᴡɪɴ || Eᴅɪᴛᴏʀ ғᴏʀ Wʜɪᴢᴢ Hᴀʀᴅ Bᴏᴏᴋs

════════════════════════

Chris nodded at Ada, and then wrapped his arms around her, figuring they could sneak a couple of minutes of alone time together before he went to meet the rest. He expected his sister and father, and apparently Eretria's boyfriend as well, but his father dating, that one was taking a bit of time to absorb. Especially since the loss of his own mother had been directly tied to his own undead status. He shivered, thinking that maybe he should get used to being uncomfortable around them, but was at least glad that Ada was there. He wasn't a monster to her, and while a lot of that whole line of thinking went by the wayside, he still slightly blamed himself for his mother's death. He had nothing to do with it, and his own turning occurred after it, but he hadn't revealed where Dragon had disappeared to, or whether or not he'd confronted the older vampire about it. He had, nearly walked out into broad daylight because of it, but that was the past. Unless something major came up, he doubted that Dragon would make a reappearance."Hey, I figured I'd ask about anything. Besides, I think that a kiss would definitely be good before we go in. I think Eretria or Chalmes would kill me if they saw me making out, and my father, well... Let's just say it wasn't proper for a girl and a guy to be making out in front of a father. I think we'd be lucky if we even got to hold hands." He bent down to pick her up and kissed her fully, taking his time before placing her back down upon the ground before giving her one more kiss on the head. He couldn't use his telekinesis in a muggle neighbourhood, especially considering that he was one of the things that shouldn't be revealed to muggles.

The idea of the face his father would make at learning that Ada was a half-blood worried him. However, it was Christmas, and he was determined that if nothing else, he would avoid and try and make sure the topic of conversation didn't land upon his girlfriend's blood status. Which meant not letting Eretria say a word, either. Eretria knew for sure that Ada was a half-blood, which in turn meant that id she really wanted to, she would tell their father and Chris would get grief over that. Not like it mattered, really. He was a vampire, and they couldn't have kids. That was just the way it worked. He hugged her a bit, then looked down into her eyes. "We're avoiding the topic of your blood status, right? I don't think father really needs to know, and he'd read me the riot act knowing." He rolled his eyes at that thought, annoyed that there was such prejudices still in his family. Eretria didn't care, but he wouldn't put it past her to stir up trouble if she got bored. Chalmes had known for a good long time, and hell, he even dated another squib for a while. so he didn't think Chalmes cared one way or the other about who he dated.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well at least we're all in one piece.
                                                  Taken By: Adalaide Blythe

Because maybe
                                                  You're gonna be the one that saves me
                                                  And after all
                                                  You're my wonderwall

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas