Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:35 pm
Dolmar

Dolmar's world had reduced down to focusing on staying conscious as he was moved. Handled. Treated. It was very hard to tell what was being done, with his eyes pinched shut tight and his teeth grit. That made pain course through his battered skull, but but he couldn't quite help it. Bandages, stitches perhaps, the cooling numbing touch of salve. He welcomed anything but more pain, or worse, the screams of his brother. He could ride out the pain as long as that blow didn't fall.

Demon had wanted to break him. What Demon hadn't understood was that nothing could break him, not forever. Not aside from the death of himself or...well. He tasted his own blood as his tongue flicked over his lips, and cracked an eye open in time to see another egg burst, spilling another bronze. Still addled, all he could do was lie still and strain towards it...it and Demon. One was his, wasn't it? It had to be...hadn't it?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:38 pm

The Angel burst forth from its egg with the ferocity of a thousand stars, shining just as brightly. It shook off the egg goop, showing itself for the rarity that it was - a White dragonet, one perfectly formed and tiny. However tiny, the Angel was ready to throw itself at its twisted brother, and...

No, not it. He. Face me! the Angel cried, his voice melodic and fierce. He was not going to stand tamely by while the Demon murdered Candidates who might find their mates in one of his siblings! Face me, you monster. As though the diminutive creature had a chance against his deadly sibling.

Not alone, no. But perhaps with the aid of the Hunter...!

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:07 pm
The Demon
Waiver

Ryala

Tsunake

Smolderinskies

Teiha

The demon continued with its laughter even as it bit and tore into the other boy. He didn't care what others thought, this was fun. Iathe kicked sand, how quaint, and the same loud-mouthed boy Ladellan kept shrieking at him. Please. They were not threats to him, and the way he stayed upon Gavryl made it clear.

Chewing on the other, he paused when a new boy reached out to offer hugs. Pausing, he stared hard at Kambri, before leaning forward to snap hard at the others hand. How unworthy! Still, he did not remove himself from his current chew toy... he wasn't finished with this one.

Vimiath was completely ignored. Why should he care what his dam desired? He was not ready to find His -- this was far too much fun. It was clear he was spurning those who provoked him, because that was quite fun, too. He didn't need to give them what the wanted. They were powerlesss against him, because in this moment, it was his time to shine!

Still settled atop Gavryl, he leaned down to take another snap at the boy, when there was a loud snap, and one of the eggs cracked. With a desperate shriek, a small bundle of brown threw itself at the Demon, catching the smug beast off guard. The two dragonets toppled, with the Demon screeching its defense.

The brown dragonet would not be deterred. Instead, it bit, and kicked, and scratched, forcing the Demon away. HE IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN MINE! All could hear the brown's steely commitment, and with another shriek, it turned to throw itself atop the broken Gavryl, creeling anxiously.

Privately to the torn up man, the brown dragonet nuzzled, cuddled, and keened its worry. Gavrylmine! If you must die, please take me with you. Your Sarcoth is the best dragonet here. Would you let some trifle wounds from a inferior brute do you in? I think not, hmph! I thought better of you than that! Do not let me down, Mine. Please..Don't leave me alone. We have far better things to do with our time than bleed out in front of the rabble. The brown Mummy couldn't keep himself from haughty judging, even in such distress.

User Image

The Demon, for his part, gave a snort, and turned instead to face down the rest of the Candidates. He had all night, after all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:12 pm
Henwas and Huarwar

More and more eggs had begun to hatch, with two more greens appearing, another bronze and then the bronze had helped a white egg hatch. Huarwar remembered touching the Hunter egg and watched as the bronze stood beside the white and they seemed ready to square off with the Demon. Henwas stood beside him, a small smirk appearing on his lips, things just kept getting more and more interesting.

"Look Huarwar." Henwas prodded his brother lightly and pointed at another egg that had been cracked by the Hunter when it had hatched. Huarwar looked but his attention was back on the three dragonnets, worry creasing his brows. He didn't want anyone of them to fight, there was enough bloodshed and what Demon had done was wrong but they shouldn't meet violence with violence, would they terrible harm their sibling?

Luckily it seemed like one of the other dragonnets decided to jump in. A brown hatchling managed to tackle his brother to the ground and then he was upon the last boy who had been mauled. Huarwar was glad this was over, though his eyes watched the Demon.

Find your bonded. What use is there in playing like this? He thought this at the bronze, doubting he would be heard.

Masterharper
Because he is thinking at Demon.

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:13 pm
Martirae

And now the vampire egg was moving and Marty nodded acknowledgingly towards it. It had been ready or so it had said at the touching. How did it feel now? How long would it take whatever dragon was within it to find theirs? She entertained these questions only until the little clawed hand poked out.

What color was it? How many had bet that giant egg was gold? Was it? She was interested in knowing, but eager? She held in the desire to be eager close to her chest. These were her feelings, shardit.

It was a practice in self control as not one but FOUR eggs were shelled - a green that seemed to be running for food (she understood, to some extent), another green that had just....sunk it's teeth into another candidate in it's eagerness to play (ouch), a second bronze that she hoped would behave better than the first...and then it assisted a final in being freed - a white.

She didn't even know where to look. It was like a strange theatrical show that was all over the place, so she finally just settled on the fierce white that was preparing to do battle with the angry bronze.

But it was not a bronze or a white that forced the Demon away, but a brown. An unexpected brown that came, shouting defiance and yelling it's devotion in a way that Martirae found herself envying. Would a dragon ever claim her in such a way? Would she be heartbroken if it never did? She left that feeling to herself and instead waited to see what now would happen, as the demon may not have yet been done.

Lennik

Alya's fear was well founded, considering how this Hatching had started off, and Lennik frowned fiercely towards the bronze that was causing such feelings. Not only in her - but in the new girl who had approached their small group. He double-taked at her on sight, eyes lingering on the fact that dressed as she was she was....like a ghost, white from head to toes. He wasn't sure who was more striking - Isilje or Martirae.

"I don't have a problem with it. I'd like to think a group is a little safer than..." he again looked out towards The Demon's rampage and forced himself to suppress the anger in his chest at the sight of it. Violence for violence is the rule of beasts. he thought bitterly. Was the demon just another beast?

"There are healers on hand. Nobody should die." but he never promised that nobody would.

And then came more chaos. Another bronze burst from his shell - this time the hunter, and it lept not onto the demon - but another egg, the angel! The reason why was soon clear as the perfectly formed white dragon burst from the shell now assisted. A white! How unexpected! But it seemed they were a duo.

And perhaps the Demon would finally be forced to change it's mind from madness and find theirs.

Instead, a brown emerged to fight off the bronze, shouting that the savaged boy was his and only his and Lennik found a small thread of envy wrapping itself around his heart. What a handsome brown! But at least the demon would have to find a new target for now.

Oh boy.

Tsunake

Meepfur

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Danzik and Green Eosphoth

Eosphoth kreeled into Iriseth's side, eyes whirling yellow and grey up at him at the continued carnage. She knew it couldn't be stopped, but it was still so...so needless.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:14 pm
He couldn't have said when he had started moving again, though it might have been right around the time the little green AWOOOOOOOer had leaped up to n** at Yevalee because sharding crap another violent one, or maybe it'd been when Kambri had lost his fool mind and started shuffling over to get mauled, or maybe when about ninety dragons all spilled onto the sands at once, each with their own very busy agenda. He looked left, right, over there, that way, eventually catching sight of Miss Fish n' Berries trundling off toward the food, her crimson shell dangling off of her rump like an awkward pair of trousers.

And then Oerlen laughed.

It burbled up from his chest in a goofy guffaw, his shoulders shaking as he managed to stifle his humor before it got out of control. This was all very... overwhelming, especially the saga of Two Bronzes, One White over there—

Two Bronzes, One White, and a Brown more like. This hatching just kept getting stranger and stranger.

Smerdle

Scamp

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

The Goblin began to shake, rattle, and roll. And then with a joyous squeal, she broke free of her shell. HA! Take that, egg! This little Green was ready to rumble, and wanted to be out and about. Now, who to play with next? She watched the proceedings on the sands with peals of laughter. How funny! DO IT AGAIN!

Now she was really hoppin'.

Just as the Mummy Impressed, the Vampire sent his egg splintering through the air in a wave of power, an elegant Blue dragonet emerging from the midst of that controlled chaos. Fools. And oh, he was disgusted. The uncouth behavior of those on the Sands was... simply unforgivable. How dare they bring themselves before him in such a state?

Yarala and Brown Vorzeth (Western)

Yarala reached to gently grip Nicara's hand, giving it a comforting squeeze. She had to fight back her stomach, bile burning her throat as red stained the sands and Candidates scrambled every which way from the warpath of the Bronze. "I hope he finds His soon... this behavior... so vicious." She murmured, a shiver running over his skin. Vorzeth rumbled soothingly at his dear rider. Yarala patted his great leg, giving it an absent-minded scratch. That Bronze... what a vicious one... But his hum grew stronger as it watched more hatchlings made their grand debut. And an Impression! Finally! Vorzeth's own thoughts remembered his own Impressing, and Yarala smiled a touch solemnly. Vorzeth had been a touch forceful that day, had injured several in his desperate search to find her.

Hattaki

Kieza (HR)

Kieza was at a loss for words as a Green and then a Brown finally Impressed and she felt her heart flutter with longing for a moment, before she turned her attention to the boy leaning closer to her for support. "Can I assist further? You look a little grey... this... all this... it's never easy. But you've got to stay bold." Her eyes sparked with energy, despite the situation at hand. "One of these Eggs could hatch, and there is Yours! I doubt they would like seeing you looking ill." She wrapped an arm around Silviu as well as her arms would allow her too, a weak smile on her face. It was better to grin and bare it, right?

Teiha

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:17 pm
"Agreed." Rio stared hard in the direction of the bronze dragonet, thinking distinctly uncharitable thoughts. He was usually one for benefit of the doubt, but no mater how hard he tried, he couldn't fathom a forgivable reason for the firstborn bronze to be ripping into Candidates with such glee. No fright, no confusion, just joy in suffering. Never had he imagined a Hatching could be this way, not even after the disaster of the Touching. To see a dragon, so loved and needed and admired from the moment of its birth, be so terrible, was deeply disturbing. A High Reaches girl came to the group then, and in spite of everything, Rio found a smile for her, and would offer a hand if she wanted it, though it had been Lennik she addressed.

"No one's going to die," he did his best to assure not only Alya, but himself - and not a moment to soon, Hunter burst free from its shell and made quick work of helping Angel do the same. "See? We can't intervene, but they can, and it looks like they're going to." Perhaps one of Their had been threatened, or perhaps they simply were that good. Whatever the reason, Rio was glad to see them. Another bronze, a better one, and a shining white. They could put a stop to all this madness before anyone else was hurt. Or, actually, a brown split shell and handled it, at least for the moment.

In all the commotion, he nearly missed the hatching of two more greens, but for the flashes of frenzied movement. "Ah, looks like our mutual friend is ready for trouble," he pointed out as Werewolf made to steal an unfortunate Candidate's rob, and perhaps a bit more with the mouthful. "Best be on the lookout."

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:19 pm
~Phayton~

The bronze hatchling moved on to maul another Candidate, but Phayton wasn't paying attention, because suddenly there were eggs rocking and dragonets coming out of shells all over the place! He could barely keep track of them all -- another bronze here, more greens (and apparently an Impression for the first green, yay!), a blue, and... a white from the big golden egg! It was so exciting!

And then a brown hatchling came out of nowhere and knocked the aggressive bronze off the boy he was attacking -- and proceeded to Impress with him! What a Hatching!

Phayton took a deep breath and let it out slowly, then focused his thoughts again, filling them with love and welcome toward the remaning hatchlings and eggs. I'm here, I'm here! If any of you are looking for me, I'm here! He really didn't care what color he got!

His gaze turned again to the bright yellow and pink egg. I am still here waiting for you, if you'll have me! And even if you choose someone else, I can't wait to meet you!  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:21 pm
Isilje

She lowered her scarf hood for only a moment, raising her goggles enough for Lennik to see her pale blue-violet eyes before hiding them back under the red tinted lenses, and pulling the hood up around her face, "Thank you so much. My name is Isilje." She could at least be polite. Taking Rio's hand. she shook it gently, a smile there on her lips. Let's see now. A white and another bronze....A Green and Brown Impressed....Another blue bursting forth with yet another Green...and one green moving to leave. So strange, and such an energetic hatching. Smiling, she mentally cheered on Angel. That little White had every right to sharding take on the bully of a bronze that was the Demon! He was acting like a pure beast, attacking people left and right, and it was upsetting! "I swear...that bronze is going to be a nightmare until he finds His...I hope the other Bronze and the White can put him in his place."

C'yx and Iriseth.

The blue crooned again, watching her swirling eyes with his own now turning a soft orange and white mix. No one would upset the female he cared so for. Gently, he moved his wing to almost make a shield, nose nudging her head so it might hide behind him. He would protect her.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:22 pm
Jagmund

Gavryl wasn't going to be in good shape, not at all, if the Demon kept slashing at him the way he was. But it seemed that another dragonet had it's own desires and burst forth from the egg to fend off the Demon. Shards, these dragonets were fierce! He hoped the other Candidate would survive for the sake of the brown.

Apparently the Demon chose to ignore the other Candidates that tried so desperately to distract him. Jagmund shook his head, and stepped forward, his hands still clenched into fists. Now that he was off Gavryl, someone should keep him from attacking another.

"Are you done with your fun yet, Demon?" He called to the bronze dragonet, taking cautious steps forward. "You showed off and shed blood, what else do you have planned? Huh, I thought you would be above all these... ruthless actions." He tried reasoning with it, remembering what the creature had been like in it's egg. "But perhaps I was wrong about you. Perhaps you aren't as smart as I thought."

Oh boy, he shouldn't have let that last bit slip out. He was going to die, wasn't he?

Masterharper

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:27 pm
Masterharper

Oooh! More little greens and eep. Yevalee stumbled and followed after or tried to as their robed arm was gripped and tugged after. “Little one please, don’t,” They called wincing as skin torn and robe ripped away and they were free but with long scrapping trails from small teeth down their arm, dripping blood on the sand.

Yevalee cradled the wounded limb to their chest, it throbbed with their heart beat a steady painful beat and there was blood, and they probably should get that looked at. They took a few deep breaths, trying to focus a bit less scared and more just surprised and off balanced.

(Quote for the Werewolf trainnn)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:30 pm
        So much had happened in so short a time. Saimwen's head was spinning. That bronze was still rampaging, fought off by an egg that hatched to defend his rider. Of all the things Saimwen could have expected from a Hatching, this was not included. Not all the bloodshed. Not having to defend his childhood best friend from the claws of a dragon. He defiantly glared at the Demon, who was currently sizing up the Candidates, thinking - don't you dare. Sacrifices need to be made, sure, but not this one. What had the others done to make the dragonet attack them so? Or had they merely been bystanders?

But he was distracted after a moment - two Impressions in a row! And then, eggs rocking everywhere, all eager to join in the chaos. A new egg appeared. Dragons were having stand-offs on the Sands. Nothing Saimwen was taught in the last few months could have prepared him for this. He felt a little sick. And yet, he didn't stray from Marinel.

---

Laelia's eyes widened at the commotion, moving closer to Haizea. Her eyes particularly zeroed in on the Mauve egg that had been exposed. Nobody had touched that egg, she was sure of it. This wasn't unheard of, but it was always a little sad when that sort of thing happened. Welcome! she shouted out to it in her mind, not even sure it could hear her. Maybe a bit of friendliness amidst the bloodshed was what any egg needed, to be encouraged to hatch.

---

Dharzol was never more grateful for Rasthell's close proximity. He'd never been rather embarrassed by being around him in public, as Rasthell was, well, the only one who didn't really know about Dharzol's other lovers. So he stood close to him, and maybe they formed a wall together, to protect themselves from what was happening.

Part of Dharzol wanted to jump in and make eye contact with as many of the dragonets as he could. Was it that he was meant for a little green, like the Siren that had Impressed a bit ago? That white? Although he did remember that they'd had a rather unpleasant meeting in the Touching. His eyes roved the crowd, but he remained motionless.

Masterharper
        idk Dharzol's not doin anything bc he's a wimp lol -shrugs into infinity-

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:32 pm
Alya

Sniffing quietly, she tried to take solace in the words that Lennik and Rio offered... and found herself staring at the pale girl before her. "Oh, you're gorgeous!" Alya cried, wiping the tears from her wide eyes. Rio's words made her glance, and the Werewolf's antics both made her laugh and wince. "Ohh, I hope she doesn't hurt anyone too badly..."

The bronze and white dragon... teaming up to take on the monster? Shards, she hoped they didn't get themselves hurt.... and there was a brown, protecting the fallen boy! Was it his? Her gaze swung to the mischievous egg that had wanted to be rolled before, and the little green that burst out was enough to make her smile.

--

Iathe

Shards, but the bronze wasn't listening! Why would he? She thought savagely at herself. Just when she was growing more desperate, another bronze burst onto the sands--clawing and roaring at a nearby egg. The sight of the white dragon made her gasp, her eyes wide with shock. A white dragon?! How could that be?

Before she could think too much on it, a brown dragon slammed into the Demon, crouching protectively over Gavryl. As the bronze swung to face them instead, Iathe backed away warily, her eyes narrowed.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games