Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mictecath's Hatching] Sing Me Anything (Open) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:02 pm
Kahbrohm and Sabyrth

For a moment Kahbrohm was certain he was about to bite it - he'd barely sent a thought that brown's way when the infant stopped and looked his way, stalking his way as though the young man needed to square up. Naturally, Kahbrohm squared out his shoulders, unwilling to look away or back down from inevitable teeth and claws, if it came to those.

So.

A moment, a solitary moment of palpable tension waiting for what would come next. It would not be the first time he faced a baby dragon's claws if they came. But instead, came scorn. You deserved to wait. Kahbrohm took a deep breath, steeling the flare of impatience that welled up. He could continue to wait. He would if he had to, but - How dare you think that you have been left behind! the dragonet declared with a rough shove, strong enough to send the young man stumbling back several steps, then again.

But the teeth that had been bared gave way to something far more wondrous than claws and teeth. He'd seen the moment from the outside, wondered, waited, and it made his entire body burn - like something was being ripped out so something better could be put in.

No one else was allowed to have you. You are mine, Kahbrohm, and you would have waited until the end of time for your Sabyrth. Truth, fact. Kahbrohm had been determined he would wait for nothing but the best - and clearly, without any doubt, it was Sabyrth.

If you had any sense, you would know that everyone else needed a head start before we joined the race.

And that? That made Kahbrohm bark with laughter, as haughty now as he'd been upon walking upon the sands. He cupped Sabyrth's head in his hands, taking a long moment to look over his dragon, grin never leaving his face. "Well I didn't want them to have too much of a head start - have to make an entrance at all to be seen," Kahbrohm pointed out as Sabyrth jerked his head free from the somewhat rough-from-excitement handling.

He looked to Jihiro first, absolutely glowing (perhaps he was born with it, perhaps it was Impression), but the next statement was for all: "HE IS SABYRTH - AND HE IS MINE."

There was surely some variance on how people would feel about him impressing, but he didn't care. He had the greatest dragon of them all and he'd walk proudly as he started his way back towards where his fellow Weyrlings were currently feeding their dragons as well. If he passed a glance up into the stands to try and catch his brother and father's gaze? Well, they were surely looking, right?

They are. They all are - they aren't all be fools, K'brohm, Sabyrth informed him, quickly drawing the man from his searching. "Of course they're looking - I just wanted to see how much envy there was to be had," he said. After all. He had the best dragon on Pern.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:05 pm
Nedemar - Impression Post

Nedemar was absolutely, positively, trying to keep himself together. He was floored over the fact that his sister had the gall to Impress. It didn't matter now what happened to him because his sister had already stolen the entire show.

Had she put in the work? She hadn't had to start over and make new friends, and learn what life at the Weyr was really like? She didn't have to wake up every day at dawn. She didn't have to muck stables, build fences, sort firestone, roll bandages, scrub pots and pans, feed animals. The sort of work at a Weyr was different than that of a Hold, and he'd worked for it! She didn't know what it was like standing with high hopes for a Hatching, only to be left overlooked. She didn't know the blood, sweat, and tears that went into this way of life, especially on Threadfall days, and the threat that Thread truly posed. He'd never understood it himself, even though he thought he had. Everyone knew dragonriders fought Thread; everyone saw the pain of first fall, and felt the loss. But to see riders returning every sevenday, bloodied, injured, greiving. How many had died the past month alone?

It was easy not to think about it, but Weyr life really underscored the threat, and the sacrifice.

Most regrettably, Nedemar was livid over the fact that this was his home now--or what he hoped it would be. He could be himself, truly himself, without Madanee's maddening smug existence. They had never been particularly close, and now... Now she was here. Perhaps it was the heat of the hatching Sands, perhaps it was the high emotions of the dragonets, but Nedemar was just devastated by this new development in a moments self-pity and ire--

And he almost--almost--missed the tiniest, smallest, voice.

MyNedemar...

It was a small sound, faint, almost like a random thought amid his maelstrom of bitterness. He almost ignored it.

Do you...

Could I be... enough? Your Astraioth loves you so much. Do you love me too? Could you... could you love me?

But the voice continued. Not louder, but very clearly not his own thought. In fact, it wasn't a thought at all, but a voice. The quietest, softest, sweetest voice. Even as the voice continued, realization slowly began to dawn on the man.

His hands unclenched, and aggravation and distress gnawing at his heart vanished, as panic began to grip him. Perhaps it wasn't his own panic, but the little dragon that was out there, wondering if he cared, wanting so much to be noticed, and above all else, loved. Faranth help him, he was a fool to let his sister's triumph blind him so. Though he couldn't have known, he hadn't thought--

Well, that was the issue, wasn't it? He had been reckless with his thoughts, and now someone so dear, so precious, was terribly upset, with broken hearts, and an all but shattered spirit.

I love you... please. Please, can't I be enough?

Astraioth. He had to find Astraioth. Immediately. Now.

He barely registered Cetra's words, white as a sheet, heart in his throat. "He will be--he has to be! Excuse me!" And without another look at Ceta, Bherrus, or Isha, the young man made a bee-line right for the group of dragons.

"Of course you're enough, Astaioth, please. Don't do anything rash. Don't worry, I'm here now--I love you, Faranth above, I love you." He didn't care who heard it. He was a confident man, but right now, in this instant, he didn't know what would happen. He didn't care about the judgment of Madanee, he gold, or even Iweth and Astaioth's siblings. He didn't want to be rude, but damnit, he had see His and they had to get out of the way.

"Please, I'm here." The pain and heartache that wasn't his own was shocking to the young man, but he just... had...to get to him. Somehow. If the little bronze didn't regret Impressing such a fool.

The little bronze stayed quiet for a moment, but it wasn't trying to be cruel. If anything, the bruised hearts of the little bronze were full--too full--and he hardly knew what to do with it. As soon as Nedemar had said the words, it was enough--but to have the love and support of not just Daddy Iweth, but Purple & Grey Space Blue, Gold Sunbeam White, Red and Gold Flowers Brown, and shockingly enough, even Green Spotted Blue. It was... It was far too much for the delicate little baby, and if he could have wept tears of joy, he would have.

Instead, he shyly reached out to wrap them each with shaky tenderness, and love. To each of them, he spoke, with a voice slightly louder, and perhaps, more sure of himself, I didn't mean to-- Well, he didn't know exactly what he did, but if it was a problem, it hadn't been his intention. I'm sorry. But I love you all, so very much. I hope we can all be friends and see each other soon. Oh, he so very much wanted to be, desperately so.

He would love them, no matter what. But best of all, most importantly of all, he had the love of His. Finally, forever, and at last.

He would not push his Father or clutchmates away yet, even if he did want to to be close to His. All in due time, of course, once his beloved family had stepped away. But beneath that pile of dragons, was a grateful bronze with rainbow eyes, and hearts overflowing with love.

Meepfur
<3 Brother loves both of you!

ShinosBee
<3 Baby bronze loves you!

Zaikt
<3 Brother loves you!

Tsunake
<3 Brother loves you!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:25 pm
Only when he felt joy, not fear and heartbreak, from the little bronze, from Astraioth, did Iweth begin to retract his wing from where he'd held it mantled over his gaggle of children. At last, finally, and thank Faranth for it, he knew all would be well. Slowly, almost mournfully, but with such deep pride and love, he nuzzled Astraioth once more and then pulled back, letting the brothers cuddle more before he left with his new bondmate. It took no effort to find the boy his son had chosen—he was impossible to miss—and the much larger bronze gave him a long, searching look.

Part of him wanted to be quite angry with the boy, for daring to hurt his child... but no red or even orange swirled in his eyes. Instead they simply grew green and blue once more, their streaks of yellow and white fading away. He knew that the boy understood the hurt he'd caused, and would never cause it again.

Be good to him... be good to each other, he simply said, to both boy and dragonet.
Uta
Daddy loves you too!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:58 pm

From deep beneath the Sands, where its mother had gently laid it, a small egg shook. It had been cold, colder than perhaps it ought to have been. But now it wanted something else...

Out.

Um! Excuse me! Excuse me, a little help here? the dragonet called, sending the sand to roiling. What was all this stuff in the way?

Hello? Can anyone hear me?

Where it had been so cozy before, the egg just didn't quite feel so enchanted by its current surrounds.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:02 pm
ISHA

Ahhh, so that was it. The dots fell into place as the boy from next to her darted towards the dragon pile which, if that meant anything other than a candidate maybe was losing it, an Impression had been made? Good for him, good for them both - perhaps the dragon had just been testing the waters when it approached the little group in the first place? But then why did it walk off? So many questions left unanswered, and not really enough want to be nosy to find out. In the end, for Isha, everything had worked out well just like she said and thought it would.

And as for the brown that had passed by, it seemed it too had Impressed. Good for.....hmm, whomever that was. It was a name with a face, Isha probably should have put more effort into learning names while studying to catch up as a candidate, but she'd certainly know him in the future now that he was a rider. Still though, dragonets were finding theirs and really that was what a hatching was all about. Little waves of drama here and there, some fantastical actions, but mostly about lifemates.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:05 pm
Tex She/Her

More impressions happened and Tex was relieved to see one dragonet was still on the sands. She was holding onto hope when she knew she shouldn't and she pushed that down. Her attention was drawn to sand that was moving as a voice called out. A quick look around and then Tex looked at Rosa. "I think it's asking for help." Without waiting for a response the woman crossed the area and knelt down on the hot sand to start digging within it.

"I'll help and dig, can you keep moving a bit to help as well?" She spoke out loud to the egg she was trying to help.
Mr Cheri
Help is here dear!

Sweet Symmetry
Be right back!

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:05 pm

HELLO? the bright, cheerful voice piped up again.

Where was everyone? And why was it so dark?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:08 pm
Zelaya - They/Them/She/Her

...? Zelaya blinked, looking from hatchling to hatchling, to the remaining eggs on the sands. Was someone talking...? "...Hello? Is anyone else hearing that...?" They'd been around dragons enough to think perhaps it was a hatchling, but...

...Hello? Uhm, can you hear me? Us? Do you... need your parents?  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:10 pm
The Pink and Purple Zig Zag egg had been working at its shell when something went terribly amiss. Uh-oh! There was a muffled creel of surprised from inside the egg as it began to roll--and though Aubergine Bronze tried to stop it--it only managed to push the egg further along--but this time with a swerve.

Help!

Alas, it would be Dextelia who saved the egg--or at least, who would find the egg rolling right into her!

It was enough force to cause the egg to crack, and for the little one to go spilling out right over the poor Candidate, in a flurry of wings, egg shards, and goo!

Ooph!

By the time it all settled, there was a delicate green tangled up with a very messy Candidate! Oooooh. Are you a Candidate? You're so beautiful. The little one would all but gasp, leaning down to nuzzle the girl, completely oblivious to the chaos it had caused. She didn't bother to get up or move. Instead, she just gazed in awe. Wow. This was living. And it was more wonderful than she'd ever thought.

BastetAmun
Gonna be a bit bruised/sore but no actual severe damage was done. It's more gooey gross than traumatic, tbh.

Mr Cheri
Whoops, sister.

demon_pachabel
Whoops, brother. Turn the roll into a Pokémon curve ball!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:11 pm
Well, now that was settled quite nicely! Once Cloudy Skies called out to His - and His responded - Red and Gold Flowers brown was quite relieved, to say the least. After the fondest of nuzzles for his bronze brother, he extricated himself from the pile to simplify matters for Nedemar, sweeping off to the side with a bow (not that he expected it to be noticed, but manners and all that). Splendid! Just splendid! he thrummed, eyes flooded with happy colors. Shall we then, b-

...wait, what was that? Though he'd been about to offer to Gold Sunbeam that perhaps it would be a good time to introduce themselves to the Candidates, he was quite distracted by the sudden call for help from...below? Eyes whirling with alarmed colors, he tried to pinpoint the source - and set to digging once he thought maybe he had.

Hello? Is this...are you down here?

Maybe??

Zaikt

Uta

Mr Cheri

Meepfur
Crew

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:14 pm
Dextelia She/Her
With everything that was going on during a hatching it was hard to focus or even notice other things. Dextelia was doing her best to keep an eye on every hatching, taking note of who was still on the sands and who had impressed. It made it hard for the girl to even notice that an egg had started to roll or that it was even rolling towards her until it was too late.

"Oof!" The force knocked the girl to the ground landing hard on the sand. If being knocked down by an egg wasn't enough she was then covered in the egg goo as the dragonet hatched and then was suddenly just laying on her.

As the dragonet stared and her and spoke, Dextelia could only stare in wonder and awe as well. She had been close to a dragon before, but she had never had a dragonet this close to her. Harneth had already been bigger when she had met him. "I..I am. T-thank you. You are beautiful as well. I'm glad I could stop your egg from going any further." Of course she had not done anything but be there for the egg to run into but to Dextelia that didn't matter. She didn't care at all that she was covered in goo either or that it would probably take forever to wash off. This was just an amazing and wonderful experience to be able to have.

Uta
This girl's day is made! Who cares about aches at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:15 pm

Yes! Yes, I can hear you! Can you hear me? Hello? Maybe... maybe they were near? Where were they?

Oh! Oh! Brother dear, please come here! I'm here! Right here! Where here was, the egg didn't know. Drat. Where? Where was everyone? Where was the egg?

I'm over here! the egg cried, and tried to shake the sand. It was ever so heavy, but the baby was determined to try. Unfortunately, Red and Gold Flowers was not quite on the mark. Close... maybe?

ShinosBee
BastetAmun
Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:18 pm
Zelaya - They/Them/She/Her

Ah. Well, that was... unusual! Still, with determination and no small bit of caution, Zelaya knelt beside Tex and the charming brown from Red and Gold Flowers egg (and they might have spared him a small glance, both to be sure they wouldn't be in his way, and to admire him), and then began to dig. Diligent hands scooped at the sand with curved palms, gently scooping it back in a wide swath, combined with the others' efforts. We're coming. Are you alright? Can you hear any of this digging? You'll be just fine in a moment...

They glanced up at the parents to be sure all was well on that front, glanced around at the other hatchlings, head on a swivel... But never stopped digging, moving from spot to spot as they cleared them.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:18 pm
Head tilted as though that might improve reception, Red and Gold Flowers brown scrambled to what seemed like the spot - this time, maybe? - and again set to digging. Sand flew in every which direction, and any nearby would likely be showered with it, but there wasn't time to worry about that now! He could apologize later!

I'm here! I'll find you, I promise!

Mr Cheri

Meepfur
Crew

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:19 pm
Bherrus

Bherrus had gone from being worried about Cloudy Skies to Chocolate Chip maypole to happy for Nedemar, but now someone was calling for help that he couldn't see. Like... really couldn't see, not just in-an-egg couldn't see. The boy paused, looking down at his feet for a moment or two. This was a bit much. He needed to just kind of stand here in the sand rain for a while until things sorted themselves out.

He did notice that Pink and Purple Zig Zag had finally hatched. Good for her! That egg had been a lot of fun to Touch.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff