Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply The Vault
How the Jaft Stole Phunkeh - Presents and Love Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 517 518 519 520 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love the holiday season?
'Tis the season to make merry.
40%
 40%  [ 24 ]
I'm gonna frag Santa this time around.
32%
 32%  [ 19 ]
I'd rather just chill at home.
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 59

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Well guys I'm off for now. Gonna play me some Phoenix Wright! OBJECTION!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:55 pm
Figures... It still needs to be reworked, but I have to revamp it AGAIN to make it run on my system, then go ahead and fix that little problem... Though, this isn't turning out to be as troublesome as my other script I made for him. A 550 line script to change the background color of the in game menu, and move a few things around...  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Kufasir

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:57 pm
Blegh, Pancake. Just... blegh. sweatdrop I'm sorry it's such a bother.

I can only do it the old longhand way - pictures and extra maps. xd

It sounds as though his game is going to be quite the gem with you on board. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:58 pm
G'night! ^_^  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:02 pm
'Night! ^_^

The weather here in Oregon is amazing... and more suited to wintertime upper US-midwest than the Willamette Valley... smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:04 pm
And I'm off too. Nighty-night ATG! *huggles all*  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:05 pm
'Night! smile

Hrm... everyone's drifting off... confused  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:08 pm
I'm still here, aretoo!  

Kufasir

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:13 pm
Kyruia
Blegh, Pancake. Just... blegh. sweatdrop I'm sorry it's such a bother.

I can only do it the old longhand way - pictures and extra maps. xd

It sounds as though his game is going to be quite the gem with you on board. biggrin

Haha, I'm writing him only ONE more code, and then I don't owe him anything. The last code is technically two though. One is an Analyze code ( Think of Bioshock when it comes to taking pictures for researching, if you've ever played it ) that will make your understanding of a monster grow each time you use analyze on a monster of that type, increasing damages and learning it's weaknesses. It'll also have a scanning ability to see it's most common drop or what items it has, how much money it has, and current HP/MP Max HP/MP, and it's elemental alignment. The other code is an advanced weapon leveling system. Basically, the more you use a weapon, the stronger it gets from leveling up on it's own. Hitting certain levels will also change it's appearance and stuff like that too. Higher level weapons sell for more, and after a weapons hits level 10, it gets to use the next part of that script. A rune system. When a level hits level 10, it can be infused with 1 rune. When it hits level 30, it gets the ability to get it's second and last rune. For example, combining a shadow rune and a fire rune with give the weapons the powers of shadowfyre ( shadow and fire ) and increase it's damage on certain things, but make it do less damage to those that it's weak against. It also grants the wielder spells of each type, and of the fused type. It's a VERY advanced system that tricky as hell to code, but I'll get it done.

I really need to get a job at a company that makes games...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:17 pm
^_^  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Kufasir

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:21 pm
Wowie wow wow, Pancake! I can imagine doing all of that... but by no means in the correct way. And I'm sure the way I would do it would also be terrible. xd

Since there'd be separate image files for EVERYTHING. sweatdrop

Heya to you too, aretoo. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:30 pm
Well, the icon for the sword would change upon leveling, and the actual sword you see in battle would change too. Like, each sword would have a tree of possible outcomes that it could turn into, and depending on what type of sword it was, and what rune is on it, it can change into something else on a second tree, then when you put on the second rune, it goes into it's third tree.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Kufasir

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:40 pm
Yep. xd
Switches, variables, and common events, baby! xd

Your way, being much more work up front will always be more efficient, sleeker, and more compact. And you can draw windows and things with the program, etc.

The system sounds really cool, though. And definitely a lot of work. sweatdrop

So definitely good luck! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:45 pm
Thanks for the good luck wishes!

Anyway, I gotta head out for now. Peace Kyr, and laters for now Aretoo and Kusa if you two are still chilling in here as well!

Later to all the lurkers too! I may be back later, but I'm not sure. Peace for now all.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Kufasir

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:53 pm
Take it easy, Pancake! biggrin  
The Vault

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 517 518 519 520 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games