Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "YCQ" Your Cool Quests
LBP's Quest thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oh, Wet Cement
  *Writes "I was here" In the cement*
View Results

LordBurningPhoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:58 pm
Well. I do not get scared by randomness. I get overstimulated by it. That is why i dont visit the CIF very often. Too much going on.
I was just donated the dark star off of my list. Which means i have to now think of the next MC to quest for. How is everyone doing?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:02 pm
User Image...YCQ Invader Karunoshi watches wistfully...User Image

Hehe heya ^^ I just finished my biology homework and I seriously attempted to do geometry but I didn't get it AT ALL.
I'm gonna have to go to my friend's house tomorrow to do it DX
But after I reply to all of these threads I'm gonna make my guild since I have it all organized out now ^_~

How are you doing Phoenix?

User Image...as she takes another step in her journey...
User Image

Karunoshi

GeekinThepink200

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:05 pm
LordBurningPhoenix
...And thank you "GeekinThepink200" for the DandiDooDadSpore. It is very nice. ^.^

you are very welcome  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:17 pm
I am doing quite well. I would actually love to do Geometry, but i passed that a long time ago. I am hating my Calculus II. It is the root of all evil. I have been unable to discern any kind of pattern. All math has a pattern that it follows, but i cant find this one. What kind of guild are you going to make karu?  

LordBurningPhoenix

Karunoshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:22 pm
User Image...YCQ Invader Karunoshi watches wistfully...User Image

A kind of jack of all trades guild like Why Not but has more emphasis on venting and advice than randomness.

Blah.... at my rate I'll have to take Trig when I'm a senior DX
*hugs* Darn math D= All you really need to know is taxes and Business stuff which they actually have a class at my school for real life math that would be used when you're an adult. I'm thinking of skipping one of those harder classes (trig or calc) for that class XD!

As long as it's a credit right?

User Image...as she takes another step in her journey...
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:33 pm
That guild sounds like it might be interesting. I will have to check it out once you have it up.
Now, with math, i have seen that you need trig in order to actually understand Calc. I am taking calc, and i am not understanding a bunch of stuff because i never took trig.
Now with classes themselves. I have heard from people that graduated college, that 90 percent of the stuff that they learn in classes there is never used for their jobs. College is basically here to teach you how to be responsible and to teach you how to work harder than you worked in high school.  

LordBurningPhoenix

randomgirl768

Greedy Shapeshifter

6,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 pm
well your more likely to get a lob or be promoted if you have a degree  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:42 pm
Yeah, but degrees make you want to go on rampage....bah!  

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:44 pm
User Image

Trig? Calc? Man, do I love the Canadian system more and more. We just have math. Plain and simple math. Well, I think there's a calc class for after math 30, but few people take it. We have one class in a school of almost 2000.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:33 pm
Wow. A class of almost 2000. That i find is nothing to be proud of. There is a direct correlation between the number of students and their grades. It is directly related to the student to teacher ratio.
Here in minnesota, my major in college has an average class size of 34 students per teacher. Last semester we had a class of about 50-100 people and the teacher said that it had not met the maximum number of students it could have. Then this semester the class that comes after that one had a class size of 15, and the teacher of that one said that the class was really large.
But like i was saying, By increasing the number of students while not increasing teachers, makes for a very inefficient system. There is less student to teacher interactions. Which then correlates to the students not learning everything that should be learned, which then results in lower grades. Fewer students means the teacher is able to be more friendly with the students and can actually care if the students pass the course.
This is the end of my rant for now.

((EDIT: If you have not guessed, I am currently going to college. ^.^))  

LordBurningPhoenix

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:42 pm
*Amen chorus*

My highschool....well, we'll leave it at that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:56 pm
User Image

Sorry, I must not have been very clear. I meant that the school contains about 2000 students, but out of all of them, there is only enough sighed up for Calc to fill one class. That means there's about 30ish in the class.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

LordBurningPhoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:07 pm
Well, i dont know if i should be impressed with the size of the school or not.
If you dont want to read more personal stories, skip to the next post.
I have been to a high school that had 2000 kids, but that only included the grades 10, 11 and 12. I have also gone to a school in a town that didn't even reach the size of 2000. The student population in the high school(grades 7-12) was only about 480. I have been to a school of every size. That second one had a great variety of math classes. The even had a college level algebra course. I signed up for it in my junior year, and that class ended up only having 6 people(including the teacher). It was a fun class. We brought donuts to class every other Friday(We alternated who brought them from the local bakery) The local bakery had the greatest donuts that i have ever tasted. And they were not very expensive either.
I miss those donuts.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:13 pm
150 students grades k5 through 12th. That was mine and Ame's school.  

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

LordBurningPhoenix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:52 pm
I was just looking through my inventory again, and i realized that i had recipes. And i found a bunch of the ZOMG items. I am now thinking about going and exchanging some of the recipes and items for the actual items. It might be good. then again, it might not be worth it....  
"YCQ" Your Cool Quests

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games