Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
Secret of the Medallions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:03 am
as they turned a corner he saw another grotesque figure. a four legged monster with a humanoid being as one of its legs. it had vanished just as quick as it had came to his sight. he lowered his head and covered his eyes shaking his head.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:37 am
"Well, big guy in the white coat? Talk!" The stranger said, hitting Connell in the stomach then kicking the chair into the wall, breaking the chair and causing Connell to gasp out in pain. Thankfully, the chair was broken now, meaning his limbs were no longer bound to it -- or, at least not as bound. Pieces of the wooden chair were still tied to him, but that was fine.

Connell gasped and winced, trying hard to endure the pain for now (a feat that he, thankfully can do pretty well). The man walked up to him, grabbed him by his neck, and raised him up. Apparently the man didn't quite know what he was capable of -- even without the medallion.

"Talk, or die..." The man said once more. Connell gasped at the grip, but managed to smirk. "...I... ugh... I prefer this...!"

His gloved hands gripped the other's wrist firmly. The other could feel his life energies escaping him. When the other men saw Connell draining the other's life away slowly, but surely (for it was much slower without the medallion -- especially because the residual power would weaken eventually), they ran toward him in a state of panic, batons raised. Connell merely smirked and gripped the helpless man's wrist tighter as his other hand pointed at the running men.

A ball of white energy appeared at his palm then ribboned out of his hand, like the finest piano wire. And, like piano wire, these life strings sliced and writhed through the men, slicing them into pieces and spattering blood all over the entire room. Thanks to the energy of the man he held, he had more than enough to do this and feel alright. Unfortunately, the poor man who crossed Connell died, his life fully drained.

He smirked and wiped some blood off his face and walked toward the exit. "...Tori... I'm fine, but not without my medallion for long. My powers will be gone soon. Hopefully I'll have information about where I am before I get caught again."  

Sentama Lin

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:44 am
Tori stayed close to both Tokk and Karloseth, wanting to keep an eye on Tokk, and prepared to relay any messages to Karloseth. "Connell's communicating to me! And he's lost his medallion." she told him. "Thanks Connell. Take care of yourself. Remember that you have abilities other than just the power your medallion gives you. Any information at all you can give us would be useful, we're trying to come and find you."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:01 pm
Marcellus had watched the unfolding events in silence.
So one is missing, and presumably in danger? Ah, must be that kid who was knocked out earlier. And that odd person is still here. Gives me the creeps.
Toying with his medallion, Marcellus thought it over. Coming to a decision, he made tentative mental contact with Tori.
Pardon me, miss. This is Marcellus speaking. I think I might be able to locate the errant wielder. Perhaps if I had something of his and map, I could get an approximate location. Ah, and you don't need to physically talk back, this is sort of a two-way connection.
Mind-to-mind was always sort of awkward for Marcellus, as the backwash from another person's mind could bypass most of his defenses. But it beat actually talking to people.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:48 pm
Connell nodded in affirmation to Tori as he wandered the halls slowly and silently (which, to most everyone's assumption, he does the silent walking fairly well). The complex was sparsely guarded in the inside. A few guards patrolled the halls, which Connell disposed of in an... interesting fashion. Being the master of sneaking that he is he walked up behind each interfering guard and firmly pushed two fingers into the guard's neck. In the majority occasion this would knock the guard out without killing. When it didn't work, or when the guard's struggles would be too loud, he simply snapped the neck.

"Tori... here are my thoughts. The people that want to hurt us know who we are..." Connell muttered, snapping another guard's neck. "...The facility is local enough to be able to kidnap Karloseth's girlfriend, so it has to be close by. I don't see any windows here so it might be underground, but there has to be some place to get underground."

He sat down in the hallway for a second. "...What's around the campus grounds they could take Joan or I to? Is it possible that we're still here on campus somewhere?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:54 pm
Tokk stood in the courtyard with the others.'So we're going to find Connell, hm?' Connell had been a steady part of Tokk's life since his training had begun years before. Not once had he ever shown weakness or faltered in any way... until now. Everything was beginning to twist the consistencies he had known for so long. It made him feel unsettled, as if he should change with everything else. 'We'll see...' he thought with a slight feeling of doubt.

As the others followed out the barracks door, Tokk jumped in the air and slammed both feet into the ground, causing a chunk of earth to pop up easily out of the ground in front of him. He closed his eyes, loving the feeling of the dirt beneath his feet once more, and suspended the massive boulder, turning it over and over in the air to get a feel for it again. Then, he righted it and put it back in place, turning to face the others to show he was still lucid and sane. "I won't lose it again... I swear."  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:03 pm
Marcellus flinched a bit at the sudden noise of tearing earth. It seems the constant presence of others was continuing to wear down his walls. Normally, such noises wouldn't have bothered him at all. This was was getting to be quite bothersome.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:01 pm
Tori twitched slightly when Marcellus made contact with her, but passed it off as a small sneeze. I'm afraid I don't have anything of his, but we could swing by his room... and I, er, I happen to have a collection of maps of the area- she began telling him, but got mentally cut off as Connell communicated with her. She opened her mind a little to Marcellus so he received the message in full as well. He may not be that far after all.

"Karloseth! Got another message from Connell. The people who are after us know who we are. Wherever he is, there's no windows, so it could be underground. He theorizes that it's closeby, to have captured him and Joan so quickly. There's gotta be somewhere it comes up if it's underground. He's wondering if there's anywhere that we can think of that sounds like it could be it. He wonders if it could even possibly still be on campus." Tori's head was spinning with so many conversations going on in and around her head, but she tried to keep that blocked from Marcellus, having read that psychics can get lost in people's minds.

"Connell, I've told the others, and I'll relay any more information. I can't think of anything at the moment, but I'm sure our collective knowledge will come up with something." So occupied was she that she barely registered Tokk's lifting of the boulder, and just muttered, "Glad to know you can stay sane."  

Kerrigan_dragon

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:11 pm
"So he thinks he's close, huh? Hrm..." Karloseth said, thinking. He didn't know of anything that could be an entrance to a hidden underground place. "Heh, I believe you Tokk. Besides, you seem to think you actually WOULD kill us all if you went berserk again. Have you forgotten who you would be dealing with? It wasn't your fault, stop acting like it was"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:20 pm
Tokk nodded to his friend with a wry smile. "Oh, I remember, alright. I have a suspicion I'd do some damage, yes." The challenging tone in Karloseth's voice piqued his curiosity, and he felt the last traces of guilt fade from his mind. It was passed now. He cracked his knuckles, shuffled his feet in the dirt, and nodded. "Anybody know where his room is?"  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:41 pm
"I know," Tori offered. "I memorized a map of everyone's rooms when I first came here. It's this way," she pointed, then began to walk in that direction.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:04 am
Following behind, Marcellus started to slowly shore his mental defenses again, since the extended awareness from the inclusion of Connell was eating away at them at an increased pace. But that small contact was enough to get a general cardinal direction of where he was. From that thought, Marcellus felt he was to the East, but since it was so brief, he couldn't be sure exactly how far or whether or not it veered off at some point. Marcellus hoped it would be easier once he had the map and personal item.
What a bothersome affair... It seems I pick the one day to walk out of the library that everything goes to hell. If it wasn't so clichéd, I might not have been able to put up with it.
Marcellus kept to himself for the rest of the walk, trying to outpace the waves of ambient thought that crashed against his mental walls. What was odd, though, was that the one with the mirrored abilities emitted no such wave. Which Marcellus found curious, but not so much as to investigate immediately.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:36 pm
Connell wandered around the facility until he found himself in a room with multiple monitors. Videos of the Medallion Wielder's training facility, along with status information about each current registered Medallion Wielder, could be seen on the multiple flat-screen monitors affixed to the walls. Various server boxes, humming and fanning semi-silently, lined the walls to the left and right to the wall of monitors. In the middle of the room a holographic map of the training facility was found.

"Interesting..." He muttered to himself as he played around with the map, trying to see if the map would tell him where he was. Indeed, he was underground the facility, a place that was unknown to him and to the other Medallion wielders. There's a very good chance, indeed, that the people who made us no longer want us around... he thought with a sigh. His mind became distracted with that thought when he saw a glass container with his medallions inside. He went over there and, foolishly, took it out of the glass.

Suddenly, the lights in the facility turned red and all the door lights began flashing, as if it was an emergency. Sounds of sirens could be heard in the air. He knew he was in trouble.

He used the map to find an exit then began sprinting toward the doors...

-----

Tokk, Tori, Rain, Rylex, Marcellus, and Karloseth were in for a surprise. The campus grounds sounded the same sirens as the underground part where Connell was. Something has alerted something; something was coming soon.

Indeed, after a few seconds the sounds of explosives and gunfire could be heard as a group of military officials could be seen attacking and killing other still-in-training Medallion Wielders and the employees that maintained the facility.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:53 pm
He listened to the sirens roar. and he took his sword out and hid. as soon as an agent went by he grabbed them and stabbed them in the back. he then turned around and in a room he saw a creature that walked on 4 legs and one of the legs was a humanoid creature. the creature vanished from his sight and he backed into another room.

he shakes his head and gathers some wind into his hand forming some hail. as another soldier comes in he shoots the hail at at the soldier and knocks him down. Rain then jumps on the soldier and stabs him. he looks over the soldier and takes a flash grenade and stashes it. he goes near the entrance and finds a soldier keeping watch on things. he grabs the soldier and stuffs the flash grenade in his mouth. he pulls the pin and throws the soldier to the ground and the flash grenade explodes blowing off the soldiers head.  

Red Glacier

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:23 pm
Marcellus was caught completely by surprise by this development.
The sudden blaring of the sirens, the dull thuds of explosives, the guttural rattling of the automatic weapons' fire, the screams and psychic lashing of the dying trainees, all crashed through his awareness at once, ripping through the weakened barriers of his mind. Marcellus collapsed under the overwhelming waves of thought energy.
"Ah... hurts... my... my head..."
His eyes tearing at the immense pain, Marcellus curled into a ball, cradling his head in his hands. His walls almost completely down, his thoughts and words intermingled with each other to the surrounding group.
"Too much... can't... block it out... so many... dead... all at once." Almost babbling now, his eyes dart all around.
"Away... need to get away... have to run, get away, run run run..." With this, Marcellus begins to fade from view.
----------------------------------------------------------
Inside the library, Marcellus returns to to solidity. The frenzied teleportation had drained him, and he could no longer hold against the waves of thoughts beating down on him.
"So... loud... can't... can't stop anymore..."
As his world fades to black, Marcellus sends one last thing to Karloseth: A beacon of sorts. Implanted in his mind, the beacon will tell him where Marcellus is, regardless of whether or not Marcellus is conscious.  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games