Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Rejected Olympics - PAINTBALLZ!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:55 am
Kyuui Kiwi

LOL. Cuteee. What's it for? Durem? (Nice name by the way >w< )
Yup, for Durem. smile He can't get his Olympian achievement though, due to the Durem disadvantage in Paintball... xp That's okay though, I have 5 accounts with Olympian achievements, plus 2 with Champion as well. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:56 am
Daypaw
I bought my skin a long time ago, not long after they were first released. They weren't nearly as expensive when they were new.

Aw, I wish I could have snagged one! I don't think I was hanging around Gaia at that time...  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Ned-kun

Distinct Perfectionist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:06 am
Kyuui Kiwi

Cute? With a mug like this? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:07 am
Ned-kun
Kyuui Kiwi

Cute? With a mug like this? sweatdrop

Yes, cute XD. Interesting use of the armor. I hated those items but it seems to work on your avi. 3nodding  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:10 am
Ned-san
Daypaw
I bought my skin a long time ago, not long after they were first released. They weren't nearly as expensive when they were new.

Aw, I wish I could have snagged one! I don't think I was hanging around Gaia at that time...
There are things you're acquiring now that will be worth a fortune in a few years xD Haha.

...I still need to ship mules to other Olympic teams D: I haven't done that yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:12 am
Kyuui Kiwi

Yes, cute XD. Interesting use of the armor. I hated those items but it seems to work on your avi. 3nodding

Exactly why I love using multiple accounts to try out different looks. smile There are so many items I can find a fit for, but just not on the one avi...  

Ned-kun

Distinct Perfectionist

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:18 am
Ned-kun
Kyuui Kiwi

Exactly why I love using multiple accounts to try out different looks. smile There are so many items I can find a fit for, but just not on the one avi...
I usually dress my mules once and then forget about them OTL  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:19 am
Daypaw
There are things you're acquiring now that will be worth a fortune in a few years xD Haha.

True that. smile Mind you, I haven't really experienced as much value growth as I thought I would from that. Not that I've tried for it, mind you... I keep my items active in the marketplace rather than holding onto them. But when I took a few years off I thought my stuff would have grown more than they did, but they didn't seem to change too much. I'm still only worth about 5 mil or so.

I joined in 2007 though... those who were here any earlier years from 2003 to 2005 had incredible growth in value of items. But now there's so many more items, the growth is slower. sweatdrop  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:23 am
Ned-san
Daypaw

True that. smile Mind you, I haven't really experienced as much value growth as I thought I would from that. Not that I've tried for it, mind you... I keep my items active in the marketplace rather than holding onto them. But when I took a few years off I thought my stuff would have grown more than they did, but they didn't seem to change too much. I'm still only worth about 5 mil or so.

I joined in 2007 though... those who were here any earlier years from 2003 to 2005 had incredible growth in value of items. But now there's so many more items, the growth is slower. sweatdrop
Aye- I joined in 2003, looked at some of my stuff in the MP one day and about shat a brick. I hoard my stuff though- I tend to not sell anything I've acquired unless I've acquired it specifically for the purpose of vending.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:23 am
Daypaw

Yeah, I must say that playing in these team events are what really keeps my various accounts active. I want to support every team, lol!

Oh okay, I lied... I just want items from every team... sweatdrop  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:28 am
Ned-san
Daypaw

Yeah, I must say that playing in these team events are what really keeps my various accounts active. I want to support every team, lol!

Oh okay, I lied... I just want items from every team... sweatdrop
I know the feels- I want all the items, too xD My other accounts are only active when the NSTG needs an event mule or when there are site-wide events that they can be useful in. Every once in a while I'll log into one just to tool around Rally or something in a different face but usually they collect dust. I have one I made last night actually that I need to dress still OTL Waiting for her trading pass to unlock.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:29 am
Daypaw
Aye- I joined in 2003, looked at some of my stuff in the MP one day and about shat a brick. I hoard my stuff though- I tend to not sell anything I've acquired unless I've acquired it specifically for the purpose of vending.

Yeah, I should really do that more with the event items. I tend to sell them off quick. Mind you, sometimes it's worth doing that too. For instance, my first Bunch of Balloons I managed to sell for nearly 10,000g because I sold it early enough. xD Most of the other balloons I sold for 5k to 6.7k. Paintball splatters I sold for 6.5k to 7k. I don't think items like that will see value like that any longer. When I got my first Olympian jacket the Lowest Market Price was 120,000g, lol! I tried to sell it high at that time, but didn't succeed. sad That's why you never saw me wear my jacket until the second day when the prices went down, lol.

But then, I look back at some of the items from my first ever event, Halloween 2k7, and wish I had some of them back (besides the number of them which are still regulars on my avi). The prices have gone up high enough that they're not too worthwhile to grab blaugh anymore. Mind you, I look at their increase in value and compare that to the money I've made by investing their sales in the marketplace through the same time period, and the Marketplace still wins out. blaugh  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:33 am
Daypaw
I know the feels- I want all the items, too xD My other accounts are only active when the NSTG needs an event mule or when there are site-wide events that they can be useful in. Every once in a while I'll log into one just to tool around Rally or something in a different face but usually they collect dust. I have one I made last night actually that I need to dress still OTL Waiting for her trading pass to unlock.

Yeah, that 3-day wait can be a pain. Although with Ned-kun I discovered that although I can't send myself stuff or buy things from the Marketplace, any store items I wanted could easily be got through Booty Grab. This was never an option the last time I had opened a mule. wink

Ha, I remember with my first account (ie, this one) that I actually had to work just to make the 500g for the trading pass, lol!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:33 am
Ned-san
Daypaw

Yeah, I should really do that more with the event items. I tend to sell them off quick. Mind you, sometimes it's worth doing that too. For instance, my first Bunch of Balloons I managed to sell for nearly 10,000g because I sold it early enough. xD Most of the other balloons I sold for 5k to 6.7k. Paintball splatters I sold for 6.5k to 7k. I don't think items like that will see value like that any longer. When I got my first Olympian jacket the Lowest Market Price was 120,000g, lol! I tried to sell it high at that time, but didn't succeed. sad That's why you never saw me wear my jacket until the second day when the prices went down, lol.

But then, I look back at some of the items from my first ever event, Halloween 2k7, and wish I had some of them back (besides the number of them which are still regulars on my avi). The prices have gone up high enough that they're not too worthwhile to grab blaugh anymore. Mind you, I look at their increase in value and compare that to the money I've made by investing their sales in the marketplace through the same time period, and the Marketplace still wins out. blaugh
Haha xD I hold onto my event items. I wish I'd gotten the first years event items- I wasn't as active then as I could have been.  

Daypaw

Hardened Member

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:35 am
Ned-san
Daypaw

Yeah, that 3-day wait can be a pain. Although with Ned-kun I discovered that although I can't send myself stuff or buy things from the Marketplace, any store items I wanted could easily be got through Booty Grab. This was never an option the last time I had opened a mule. wink

Ha, I remember with my first account (ie, this one) that I actually had to work just to make the 500g for the trading pass, lol!
Pffft, they just throw the 500g at you now xD Haha~

I usually see if I can siphon off excess items onto my mule before I buy anything extra. Duplicates and the like. Then I usually just raise the gold for the rest of their outfit on this account, get the items, and send it all over at once.  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff