Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Divine Morning: The Tarot Clutch Hatching is Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teiha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:10 pm
Finally, the Devil Impressed. Karone let himself relax a bit, glad the big fight had ended. Shortly after, the Emperor Impressed to a strong-looking young man, and Karone let out a cheer for them. From his encounter with the Emperor at the touching, and what little he’d heard about Caderyn, he knew the pair had a bright future. His eyes scanned the sands for the other dragonets he’d met and wanted to witness their first moments – the Star and Sun, the Tower, and others who still remained in their eggs.

--------

His thighs smarting, Lenix got to his feet and surveyed the current situation. It appeared that all the violently-inclined dragons had Impressed. Hopefully, the rest of them would be a peaceful lot. He fixed his gaze on the brown Tower who still stood guard nearby, a fond smile crossing his lips. You helped me again, he thought to him. Thank you.

Uridith’s eyes flashed warning colors. Lenix hadn’t seen anything that would cause it, and he wondered if one of the eggs had called to her.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:12 pm
Faren moving away from him and towards the eggs got a frown from him. He watched Ichta follow after her, wanting to get her back and he knew he couldn't let them get hurt. "Stay here." This was his words to Nadry as he moved across the sands over to where the girls were. He didn't have to hear Uridith's words to know that she was angry at what Faren was doing. He bowed low to where she was before he looked at Faren. He agreed with Ichta about Faren needing a healer, her arm didn't look right. Without waiting for any preamble he picked the other girl up, easily carrying her in his arms.

"You are going to see a healer. If you are meant to impress, your dragonet will find you. I promise, but you will be of no use if you get hurt." His voice was deep and commanding. He glanced to make sure Ichta was following him as he moved to carry Faren to where the healers were. He placed her upon a work table, filling in the healers with what had happened with her and what he had done as well.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur

Ruhane Chiisai

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:17 pm
Ichta seemed to sigh with relief when Dorianus joined her, offering him an awkward smile. Her nerves were so fried from these theatrics so far that she was doing her best to hold them together just with spit and what little spirit she had to her name. If boldness was measurable, she had 1 out of 100 in it. 'Thank you' she mouthed as the healer picked up the other woman, shooting a look back to Nadry as she followed him over to the healers and listened as he filled them in.

She kept her eyes on everybody as they spoke, then glanced back to the dragons - and more specifically, Nadry.

"I'm going back to Nadry so she isn't alone," she said to the young man, "But...let me know if...if there's anything more I can do over here." Somehow, Ichta doubted it. Then she made her way, quickly but not so quickly as to draw attention, to Nadry's side.

"How...are you doing?" she asked. A lot had happened and Nadry had somewhat fumbled for herself in that time - Ichta had noticed, even amongst her own fumbling for herself. It was important to check these things.

BastetAmun

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:18 pm
Faren looked up at the gold for her voice. Instructions, Faren could follow instructions. She raised her hand up off the shell from its light touch. "I'm sorry. Wasn't my intent." She muttered, glancing back at the two who had followed her before the world topsy'd again. She blinked at the boy carrying her, musing at how many times she'd been affected this way, and couldn't help snickering. "Well, don't I feel popular today." She teased, shrugging and letting him shift her to the table.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Druid Tigeress
Thaliawen
tossing Owara and Lial in for Riagan's Impression xD <3
Ristia & Naeth

Ristia's heart was once again in her throat as she watched Riagan run straight up to a dragonet. Hadn't he seen that girl get gored by doing the same thing? What was he- oh! He Impressed, Naeth! And a blue, at that! She beamed down at him.

Well, of course he Impressed a blue, came the draconic response from her bonded before he sent up a celebratory bugle from outside the stands. Like mother, like son.

Ristia laughed softly at Naeth's response and waved excitedly to her son. She was so proud of him, and would make sure to tell him so at the Feast.

Owara & Lial

Owara stood near the mouth of the sands with other spectators who had been late. Lial had been fussy this morning, despite all the excitement about the hatching. Riagan and Rhey had dashed out as soon as they had been able to, L'mul hot on their heels. Owara had encouraged them to go while she took care of her youngest son.

Now she could feel tears of happiness slipping down her cheeks as she watched Riagan with his very own blue dragon. She was sure he was deliriously happy and she was happy for him.

Perched on his mother's hip, Lial was cheering for his foster brother. "YAY RIAGAN!!!" he screamed and laughed, bouncing happily. He turned his attention to his other brother who was dusting sand off his robe after one of the greens had almost bowled him over. "You can do it, Rhey!" he called encouragingly.

Andranis
Taysen
Lured by the noise the crowd kicked up, Taysen turned his attention again to the sands where two of the dragons began to fight. He leaned forward to get a better look, wondering how it would end. He was a little disappointed when the brown who'd been making so much trouble for his siblings suddenly turned tail and ran, but understood when he realized he'd Impressed to one of the candidates. That was good. He only wished he'd been here a little earlier, maybe he could have gotten in on whatever betting he was sure had been going on regarding the eggs.

Slipping his hands in his pockets, he thought it might be a good idea to take a break from picking pockets but he knew he wouldn't last long. Now when he moved to actually find a better place to stand, his movements were more fluid and he stumbled into fewer people.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:29 pm
No, no, now Ichta was out there, and that was NOT acceptable. Wavering and waffling no longer, Nadry started to step out after her - only for the boy whose name she didn't know to tell her to stay put. It put a halt to the forward movement, the habit of listening and doing what she was told, especially when the person doing the telling was male.

But that was her friend out there. But... it was handled. The injured girl was scooped up and carried off to the Healers, with Ichta following after, so Nadry backed the several steps back into the general grouping of Candidates, twisting her hands together. Then Ichta was back, and she glanced up at her with a smile that failed on all levels of looking genuine. She was usually better at it, but she was just so...tired. She hadn't anticipated so much stress, so much emotion.

"I'm okay," she answered, and almost left it at that, but added, "It's just..a lot. More than I expected. You?"

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:36 pm
As Nadry shared her feelings with her, Ichta nodded, listening attentively and twisting the side of her robe absentmindedly. "It..." she glanced over to the table where the new Weyrlings sat feeding theirs and sighed. She'd been a little more ready to face all of this before Aresoth and Elzebuth had started fighting, but it was over now and...She twisted the fabric between her fingers again hard and slowly shrugged.

"It's definitely been a lot more taxing than I expected. But I'm happy for all of them," because happy for everybody at the table took away attention from her unwravelling nerves. It took away from the feeling that she wanted to cry. As long as everybody else was OK, she could walk away from this without her arms and she'd find a way to manage.

She'd really like to not have to walk away without her arms though.

"But this makes me realize why there are people who drink...but after everything is done, I want to sit somewhere quiet and just....look at the sky." Ichta tilted her head, "Would you enjoy something like that?"

Meepfur
F R I E N D S H I P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:48 pm
Asheryn

If she kept whipping her head back and forth to watch everything, she was sure it would twist off just like her mother used to tell her as a child. But she couldn't help it! There was so much going on, so many Impressions made and even a fight between dragonets! But that was soon ended when the combatants Impressed to candidates of their very own. She was so happy for them! And yet, part of her yearned for one of them to Impress to her.

She moved as things happened, helping where she could. She caught sight of a candidate moving toward the eggs and breathed, "No," but she was seemingly scolded by the queen and brought to the healers by a couple other candidates.

Rhey

Rhey's eyes went wide as one of the green hatchlings came at him. Was she his? She pounced at him and he stumbled back, falling flat on his behind and rolling out of the way of her claws. Shards, these sands were hot! As soon as he could move again, his heart pounding in his chest, Rhey stood and swept the sands from his robe. Somewhere behind him, he could hear Lial's voice cheering, and he smiled as he realized his foster brother had Impressed. Good for him!

Without realizing it, Rhey had moved himself right near where two of the dragonets had begun to fight. He shifted back again just in time to see a brown insert himself between the fight and the candidates, protecting them. Rhey wasn't sure he could take much more excitement and moved back from the front lines. He just needed a little room to breathe and then he'd be okay.  

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:50 pm
Rennati could not have guessed what all happened would have happened. The fighting between the emperor and the devil had made her want to intervene but she knew better and stayed away. Her new friend, Faren didn't and Ren winced as she got hurt. She thought about going to her aid but it seemed there were enough other kind candidates that rushed to her to take care of her. She was just glad when devil and emperor found theirs and impressed. There were still some eggs to hatch and still some looking for their bonded so she wasn't out of the running yet!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:53 pm
Good C'rynMine. Aresoth seemed to nuzzle his head against him before getting back onto all four on the sands. He looked so regal there that Caderyn...no...C'ryn, wondered how he could ever have overlooked his bonded or have wanted the other instead. Luiciand's voice came to him from afar, at least that's what it sounded like to him. He turned his head to look at the other boy, noticing the conflicted expression that crossed his face, but C'ryn didn't blame him for it, he understood because he had been there before. He reached a hand out to the boy, placing it on his shoulder. "We still need to hang out. I won't let this lose a friend."

C'rynmine. Aresoth's voice came to him again and he nodded his head, waving and leaving his friends on the sands and moving to the side. He had heard Gareth's bugle when he had impressed and as they walked, he had a hand resting onto Aresoth's neck.

The other new weyrling's were already there and C'ryn was handing a knife and a bucket, it was clear what was needed. He found a spot, making sure to keep some distance from G'ran and the brown he had impressed. His eyes did look over the scratches that were on Aresoth's flesh as he began to feed him. We will be unstoppable. We will show the world what we are capable of. The smile returned to C'ryn's lips as he cut the meat smaller, feeding his dragon.

faesinger

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:53 pm
"I never imagined it would be this hard," she admitted. All of this was so much harder than she'd expected, but every time she thought that way, she got twinges of guilt for it. She was whole and uninjured thus far, just overwhelmed. "But I'm happy for them, too." Longing for what they had found, perhaps, but no less happy for them.

"I think I know what you mean." The corner of Nadry's mouth quirked in a tiny hint of rueful amusement. She'd never had so mich as a sip of anything alcoholic, good and proper girl that she was. Maybe it wouldn't be such a terrible thing... But going someplace quiet and looking at the sky honestly sounded much more appealing right now. "I'd like that, yes. I'd like that very much."

demon_pachabel
precious Sands-friends ;;

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:00 pm
If envy was what Ichta felt, she'd never give it a name, even if it wormed it's way through her body and threatened to break her. She was a good girl. Whether she wanted to be or not. It was compulsion now, more than genuine feeling at times.

"Then it's a promise. We can leave together no matter what happens and find a nice spot." Maybe she'd invite G'ran and Dorianus. It would be a party to let her nerves recollect again.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:13 pm
Faren let herself be handled. Between Dorianus and the medics, she felt stifled, but at least one of these was offering encouragement and the kind of instructions only a medic could issue. She sat still, raised her arm, tilted her head when he complained that he'd said it to mean both. "Yeah, having a little trouble with that." she returned, rolling her eyes.

She gave no response to the little nerve-smacker test thing, either, and was trying to peer around the medic to find her friend while he pulled the shredded remnants of her shirts shoulder out of the way. She gave a quiet yowl when they poured some soft-proof quikal over the wound as a cleanser, but shut her yap when they promised numbweed if she didn't upset the dragonets. She imagined they'd have given it up, silence or no, but the bargaining chip worked either way.

By the time they'd finished, Faren was all wrapped up pretty with a sling to hold her limp arm, smelling vaguely of alcohol (partially because she'd been given a nice glass of the stuff aside from the cleaning), and was blissfully senseless from the point where her right shoulder found the nape of her neck to the joint... Not that she could feel the rest of my arm at all, yet, either. She'd also been condemned to watch from a little blanket they'd set out near the medic table to keep her from wandering off again. Faren might have been pouting without that shallow-proof cup of quikal.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:34 pm

"... H'sad," Dristan said, shifting in his seat. "H'sad, I think I'm needed. There are two wounded hatchlings and only one dragonhealer." He frowned, a hint of disapproval coloring the concern on his face. "I'm sorry. I promise that I'll make it up to you later," he said, leaning over to kiss his weyrmate soundly. He knew that his love wanted him to stay, but there was only one thing he could do when faced with the hatchlings who needed him. Perhaps the other dragonhealer had been called away for some reason, as Dristan had expected at least two. But it was fortunate that he'd brought his kit with him. He began to make his way down from the Stands, moving as carefully and as quickly as he could. They needed his help now, not later.

Poor little things. They'd been terribly spirited, and that was all very well, but for the fact that their little hides were bearing the brunt of it. His little flitter detached from him and fluttered up to tuck around H'sad's neck. The little Blue wasn't ready to deal with such drama as presented itself on the Sands, nor to share space with little hatchlings. With one focus, one goal in mind, Dristan made his way to the table where the hatchlings' buckets were set up. "May I be of service?" he asked, glancing over the small assemblage of newly Impressed weyrlings. He opened his kit, pulling on his gloves so that he could better aid the young ones. "I have some expertise with hatchlings." Dressed in the unmistakable colors of a healer, he could be none other.

Tsunake
BastetAmun
Uta

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:57 pm
The Sun had played with the Fool, happily oblivious, until all the drama had begun. While he had been surprised at the hissing, snarling, and relative upset of Elzebuth, he had not expected things to get so out of hand.

So he had paused in his games to watch the spectacle, as many others on the Sands had done. Thankfully, everything seemed to work out all right, and when the Elzebuth, Lemath, and Aresoth had all IMpressed, he realized that he was down a playmate.

His tail swished, and he instead decided to weave in and out among the Candidates, pausing now and then to snuffle up to someone, or to tug gently on a robe hem here, or pause to nibble on a boot there. He approached Lenix and gave a happy chirp, before snaking over to Rennati and batting playfully at the Sands before her. Still, he bumped the girls head with his own, before scurrying off, laughter and happiness radiating from him. His games were not meant to hurt, but any who watched might think he was trying very hard to spread good cheer.

All of his little games were harmless.

He approached Nadry and Ichta and gave a happy warble in greeting. They needed to cheer up. So it was, he rolled to his side, and reached out a clawed paw to gently and tenderly bat the two girls. Surely, they needed something cute and silly in their lives! He had just the right medicine to ease their nerves.

~~~~

The Star was absolutely alarmed. Everything had been going fine, until her brothers started fighting, her sister got involved, and, and, and...!! The petite little green's eyes had gone from a slow whirling blue-green to a yellow-white. She had spread her wings in alarm when her brothers fought, and made a bee-line straight for Uridith.

Oh, oh, oh! She didn't want anyone upset, and everyone was angry, and even though they weren't angry now, she just wasn't sure what to do! She was a little green in dire need of mother's comfort, and she creeled piteously at the golden queen. She knew she shouldn't approach, but she so desperately needed something.

Was everyone going to be okay? Candidates were upset, her brothers had been hurt, and everything seemed just terrible. The poor green was so alarmed that when Gareth did bugle in triumph, the little green jumped, and all but buried her head against her mother.

She only needed a minute to compose herself. Just a little minute with Mom.

~~~~

The Moon Egg started twitching after its brothers left. It shook, it shimmied, and it swayed -- but it did not roll anywhere, thankfully. Someone inside was getting antsy!

~~~~

Two other eggs seemed to take their cues from the Moon and, if Candidates were looking, they might see The Magician and The Heirophant eggs start to rattle and shake. Little babies were getting antsy and wanted to know what all the commotion was about!

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games