Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
The Spooky Clutch Touching: Trick or Treat! Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:52 am

Cesare could only laugh. Well pegged. But then again, confidence could easily be mistaken for arrogance. And it was such a young egg. Not that he was going to deny the claim. He was arrogant, but not undeservedly so. Moving on, he did not give the Demon Egg a backwards glance. There were, after all, other eggs to examine. Speaking of which... his eye was caught by the Mummy Egg, which seemed to have gotten some mixed responses from the Candidates who had touched it. Curiosity compelled him to place his hand upon its shell. Inquiring minds wanted to know what the egg thought of the events of the day, and perhaps the man attached to the hand.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:52 am
Martirae

She lingered a moment longer for the Hellhound, listening as it softly Awoo'd for the little black egg next to it, then nodded, shifting her hand from it to The Werewolf.

Your friend is Awooing for you. Why don't you join them? Enjoy yourself - you are for yourself and yours, nobody else's words should keep you from that.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:58 am
Farellen smiled, then frowned, hmm.. you know what? he'd never considered WHY he wanted to become a rider, it was just something that he felt within his heart he wanted most in life. A True love could happen anytime, but becoming a Rider had a time limit in life. Mostly he just wanted to see all of the eggs hatch and Impress safely, that was forefront on his mind, he loved dragons, he thought towards Angel  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:11 am
Jagmund

Jagmund sent feelings of approval to the Hellhound Egg. Knowing what you wanted out of life was very important, indeed. Jagmund knew what he wanted: he wanted to Impress a bronze or a large brown and become a powerful Rider. With me, dragonet, perhaps you could succeed in your goals, too? He was feeling certain that the egg was one of the male colours, which is what he sought, so why not attempt to draw the dragonet to him a little? Your clutch siblings seem to need a strong, guiding hand, don't they? I would help protect them.  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:20 am
-----------------------------------------Dolmar-----------------------------------------

Siren was a welcome respite after the disappointment that was Mummy. Lovely little egg. Soft inside as out. He did take a moment to bask in its calm waters, though not excessively long. Some softness now and then wasn't a bad thing. A brief break from the troubles of the world could do plenty of good in the world of thread battles and political strife. There was even some fondness in Dolmar for the pastel egg by the time he slid his hand from its side. That Marinel seemed besotted with it, or its look at least, helped. It'd been a balm against lingering ire for a certain ruddy egg, and left him ready to move on.

The lone Hunter egg caught his eye next—as did Hellhound and Djinn, as well as Frankenstein. That one though seemed a bit off-kilter, swarmed as it was with other candidates, and Hellhound was similarly bogged down. So much to do, so many to meet. Would there be time for them all? Better not to waste time then. Angel was close at hand, and would do in a pinch: smaller than some, but not the smallest, it was bright. Marinel would like that. He didn't bother to pull his twin after him this time, he was only going 'next door' anyway. He would wait for Marinel to catch up, if he wanted to enjoy a bit more time with Siren first.

Hello then. His approach was formal, a bit restrained, his feelings less strong for these smaller eggs, and he couldn't quite hide that. He had a duty to do in touching them all which he would patiently and graciously carry out, but he knew where his hopes and heart lay. What he felt he deserved. And who knew? Perhaps one of these little eggs would contain Marinel's match. That dragon he was keen to meet almost as much as he was to meet his own partner. And what of Angel? What could it offer to Marinel, or to himself? What was it hoping to find that he or his brother could not provide?

Thaliawen

-----------------------------------------Falienn-----------------------------------------

Hellhound seemed...distracted. Another friendly nudge was all well and good, but not the intense sensation of rightness that was associated with impression. Then again, it WAS just a touching, wasn't it? Falienn patted the egg one more time, a mental shrug as he let it resume its watchful guarding. He had no ill intent towards Werewolf, no worries. He just wanted to get this done and go home. Home, that was, not back to High Reaches. Not that he could hope for that much.

Demon was the next egg, large and intense, but he skirted around it without pause. Big egg. Big dragon. A bronze? As if he'd be interested, if so. Vampire'd been a mistake to touch, and now instead he diverted to Djinn. There was a more lighthearted aura around it...that seemed much preferable. Anyone home? He hummed as he caressed a trail along one of the swirling gray streaks. Could eggs be ticklish? He supposed not. Probably would have come up after so many turns and turns and turns of touchings now.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:28 am
Mari stayed by Siren for a moment, silently thanking it for its gentleness before removing his hand and following Dolmar to the Angel Egg This one was beautiful too! He placed a hand on it. "Hello," he greeted, "It's nice to meet you. I'm Marinel."

Was introducing himself the right thing to do? It was awkward, just a bit, not to receive a verbal response--but it felt right, too. Would this egg be as kind as Siren? Did it have questions?  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:38 am
Damon practically glowed at the response he got, so this was what it was like? It felt like his arm tingled all the way up to his elbow.

"I am a friend," he told the Siren egg, "thank you for being here, you are the first egg I've ever touched and I am blessed. I'll be sure to watch you come hatching day! Good luck."

He moved away off to the Werewolf Egg reaching out again to the dark beautiful shell. What unique being awaited him here?

"Good day sweet heart," he said, for once some of his energy was calmed and he was better able to connect mentally. Dragons were truly the greatest gift to the planet.

"Oh were you the one making all that lovely singing?" He smiled. "You know as a harper apprentice I can hear the true passion you have. Don't let people get you down ever, because practice is everything."

He hummed a little of a song about dragons for it. He did love a dramatic soul.

"You may have talent for acting as well!"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:40 am
Ryala

Ohhh, that was just lovely! The hauntingly beautiful tones that she "heard" were mesmerizing... Unconsciously, Ryala drifted a little closer to the shell... and stopped suddenly, blinking.

Wow.

Wow!

That was amazing, that even she could be lured with a song! The occupant of this pale egg would be a true marvel, of that she had no doubts. For this dragon, the whole world would be it's stage.

With a last, lingering touch of the Siren egg, the girl slowly moved off.

Heading towards the Frankenstein's Monster egg, the anger radiating from it made her pause uncertainly. Perhaps... perhaps she should let this one calm down a bit more first. Especially since it seemed to be affecting all those around it with it's violent burst of emotions. Hmm...

Moving past the scene, she instead stopped to see the Angel egg. Gently, she brushed her fingers along it's shell. What might this one have to share?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ladellan

Oho, another party animal, huh? Parties were always enjoyable, he wouldn't deny. But only after the work was done. Still, there was nothing wrong with having a merry time afterwards!

Continuing onwards, Del started towards the Demon egg... and stopped. Something about it just seemed... well, not right to him. He couldn't explain it, other than gut instinct. He just felt that it would be best not to linger here.

Moving on, he stopped to see the Werewolf egg instead. Allowing his hand to cover the top part of the shining crescent on the black shell, Del waited to see what sort of welcome he might get here.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:58 am
~Phayton~

The Siren was a nice respite from the anger of the yellow egg that had affected him so. Phayton could sense the dragonet within the glimmering pink and rainbow shell evaluating him and finding him... acceptable. He also got the sense that this pretty egg preferred the company of females, and he grinned. "Yes, I'm not a girl. Still, I'm happy to make your acquaintance, and I hope you find Yours on the sands."

Giving a slight bow, Phayton gave Jaila a brief hug before moving on. Which eggs hadn't he touched? He wasn't quite ready to go back to the Frankenstein's Monster egg, so he looked around, finally settling on the Werewolf egg. "Hello," he smiled as he stroked the black shell. "You're the one who was howling, weren't you? Are you lonely?" Kneeling on the warm sand, he rested his cheek against the egg. "I'll be your friend, if you want."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:09 pm
Rio flushed with happiness when Hellhound howled his name, and since there was no knowing the name of the occupant yet, he gave it a little awoo like he had the pouting Werewolf. He was delighted the Hellhound had enjoyed his company, and even happier still that it might yet embrace its appearance - as it was now and as it would be. That's the spirit! He patted the bright egg fondly. I'll come back and visit you again, too, once I've finished meeting all your clutchmates.

He cast a look around, trying to decide where to go next - going more on whim than logic or proximity - and, intrigued by the number of Candidates leaving it looking less than pleased, made his way over to the Angel Egg. It was a striking specimen, too! The contrast in the colors of your shell is stunning, he observed, opening as always with a compliment. He was full of them, each one sincere.  

Meepfur
Crew

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:22 pm
Apate’s eyes still glistened as he let his fingers dances along the shell of The Goblin Egg not seemingly giving the impression of having an interest in any of the others yet. It wasn’t that any of the eggs weren’t lovely in some way or form he just wanted a moment longer to dawdle on his favorite before allowing someone else a turn. Letting his fingers dance along to the top he paused again, looking around he spotted the mother and rider still occupied with thank you’s. Giving a smirk he he put a little pressure against the side of the egg, just enough that it rolled in place an inch or two, maybe three before Apate stopped it and nudged it to its former position. On of the other candidates, a girl had gasped and darken her eyes at him as he gave her an apologetic smile. “Wily little one.” She glared before turning her attention away and Apate gave one last stroke to the pretty shell. Hope to see you soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:55 pm
tatterpixie
~Phayton~

Jailla followed Phayton after a moment, to the Werewolf Egg. Was this the one that's been howling, then? It'd seemed so. She put a hand against the shell. "I think you're a lovely singer," she said. It'd sort of sounded like playful singing. "My name's Jailla." She knelt down, not quite touching the sands. "I'd like to be your friend, too."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:18 pm
Oh, what a delightful charmer! Alya didn't bother to suppress a giggle, obliging the egg by stroking its shell. Yes, she imagined this was a very interesting day, with so many newcomers poking around them! The thought of being lovely was enough to make her grin, her eyes half-lidded with her amusement.

Hardly as lovely as you, I should think! Why, when you hatch, I have no doubt it will pull all of us to shame~

Her fingers continued to caress the Djinn Egg, absolutely enchanted with it. What a delightful thing, to speak to a dragon!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:35 pm
Reenav waved at his compatriot from High Reaches Weyr as he approached the clutch, he had been closer to the last in line to come in and was happy to be here at last. He stared at the clutch trying to choose which to go to first.

He went to the bright green, lime was after all his favorite color and so it was that his first experience was the Hellhound Egg.

"Hello there friend, how might you be, are you enjoying the touching?"

He hoped that the previous candidates hadn't riled the eggs too much. It always annoyed him that they all were not on their best behaviour every time. Similar chaos having occured at his previous touching.

He would be a good example. Dragons deserved respect!  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:58 pm
Yevalee (Western)
Yevalee smiled, moving almost to draw the shawl firmer in place and ooh, they did miss wearing their regular clothes. They didn’t linger but felt a bit more refreshed and clearer after visiting The Wraith. Rain on sunny days and just in all had been a sort of comforting visit.

The Demon was nearby, large, yellow red and somewhat free so that was the one they decided to visit, setting a hand on the fiery shell.

Rylyrr, (High Reaches)
Rylyrr gave quiet confirmation to the egg, he would stay strong and stay the course, patient till he was no longer allowed to stand. He pulled back and stood, considering. Something was up with Frankenstine and the Hellhound egg and well Siren was also rather busy. He walked around to get a better view before catching sight of the small but rather lovely colored Goblin egg. He reached out and lightly touched the shell.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff