Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:34 pm
Shalaera

And now there were more greens and a THIRD mauling! Hoo boy! Well, for a bronze being 'good' luck, this Hatching was certainly a mess, now wasn't it? She was fairly happy to not be down there on the sands.

Bet Status

Quote:
+First to hatch was a bronze
+Siren was a green and impressed to Amra
+Green's total: 4
+Green impression ratio: girls - 1 Boys - 0

Danzik has bet Lennik will impress a Blue.
Shalaera has bet Lennik will impress a Brown.

Rinis has bet they will impress a green
Shalaera bets they will impress the Siren - the Siren is a green. Impressed to Amra

Killakeeth has bet Vimiath's clutch there will be one gold, three bronze, five brown, ten blues, and six greens.
Shalaera offers no counter but bets otherwise

Dolmar bets he will impress a big bronze.
Shalaera bets he will impress a small bronze (if it’s a bronze at all)

Damon has bet he will impress a bronze
Shalaera has bet he will impress The Hellhound

Farinalgo bets that he'll Impress a blue!
Shalaera bets he’ll impress a brown.

Varinia bets the Goblin will hatch first and impress a boy
Shalaera bets that The Ghoul will hatch first and impress a girl.

Ameliah bets the Siren Egg will be among the first three eggs to hatch and the gargoyle egg among the last three
Shalaera bets the first dragon to hatch will be blue and the last will be brown – Losing

Shahera bets that Dollar will impress a Blue.
Shalaera has bet Dolmar will impress a small dragon.

Kieza bets that it will be a Brown hatching first!
Shalaera is betting the first egg to hatch will be a blue.

Amra bets that the Goblin will hatch first and impress a boy!
Shalaera is betting The Banshee will hatch first and impress to a boy.

Ladellan bets that there will be a gold hatchling!
Shalaera is betting that no girls will impress a brown.

Sunny bets the Gargoyle egg hatches a blue or green.
Shalaera has bet the Gargoyle will impress to a girl.

Matti bets that a girl will impress a brown.
Shalaera bets that IF there is a gold on the sands, it will impress before the last 3 of the clutch.

L’ex bets that between 10-13 of the clutch are greens
Shalaera is betting that more than half of the greens from this clutch will impress to girls.

Migel bets that Shahera impresses in the first half of the clutch
Shalaera bets that Shahera impresses in the second half.

Ralla bets that there will be at least three maulings. - 3 maulings
Shalaera bets there will be no more than 6 – including deaths towards each bet.

K'ai bets one of the last two dragons to hatch will be a blue.
Shalaera bets the last two dragons to hatch will be a green and a brown.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:39 pm
Just as she was beginning to accept that Vimiath was closer and maybe that was fine, she just had to be careful not to do or think anything she shouldn't, the gold fixed her attention on her, that massive head was terrifyingly close, too close, and Akaris turned her face to A'ral's arm with what might have been a whimper. But then there was a voice in her head, not a snarl, no threat. A soft touch of thought, of regret and fear, emotions she had very recently become familiar with herself. Slowly, she turned her head to regard the sad shadow that was the clutchmother; up close, it was even more obvious what poor shape she was in. Instinctive fright surged regardless, but she resisted the urge to hide her face again even with tears threatening to spill. She didn't let go of A'ral, not yet, but...just this moment, Vimiath didn't look or sound like such a monster as she once had. The reminder of Talela's precarious state twisted in her heart.

She feared Vimiath, she couldn't help it, but she didn't hate her. Tenatively, still hanging on to the Candidatemaster with one arm, she reached a shaking hand out towards the Queen. "I'm sorry, too. I didn't...I didn't understand."

Would she be safe with the gold? Could she spare her the wrath of her children, if it came to it? Not that A'ral and R'mor could, but they felt safe. But it was early in the Hatching yet, and already terrible things had happened, from the sounds of the chaos the gold was shielding them from. The chaos Akaris hadn't really been able to see, since Vimiath had- Oh. Was that why she had positioned herself the way she had? To shield her, and spare her the sight of the maulings? Oh.

Teiha

Mx Cherie

Masterharper

Meepfur
Crew

Waiver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:40 pm
G'ryl
Floating in that endless moment of a second, suspended by fear and pain, Gavryl's mind was suddenly, completely jerked back into reality as a voice thundered through his mind and something flew at the bronze. He jerked, rolling with the motion as he involuntarily inhaled and opened his eyes to find another dragon – one he both recognized instantly and yet hadn't yet seen – fighting with the fury of a sandstorm to drive the demon off.

Panting, eyes whirling orange, yellow, white... the brown's shout still echoed in his mind as the youth clung to that steely commitment, groaning, broken on the sands.

Gavrylmine! If you must die, please take me with you. Your Sarcoth is the best dragonet here. Would you let some trifle wounds from a inferior brute do you in? I think not, hmph! I thought better of you than that! Do not let me down, Mine. Please..Don't leave me alone. We have far better things to do with our time than bleed out in front of the rabble.

Weakly, Gavryl opened his eyes and rolled over, one arm draped across the brown's back as he coughed, trying to find his voice. He was positively covered in sand and blood and his hair... so carefully coiffed had been positively ruined! The pommade was expensive and he's was nearly out of it! Rabble indeed! When he finally had the energy to look up, his injured arm clutched to his stomach, still laying prone on the ground, Gavryl grinned and pressed his forehead to Sarcoth's. “You are the best here. And you have to at least grant me a moment to compose myself, you make a wonderful shield for that. The rabble shant see me bleed out.... I hope.” The warmth of the impression was the only thing keeping him going at the moment and they both knew that.

Sarcoth, desperate to keep His awake, dug his way under Gavryl and braced the man upon his back, wings unfolded to keep arms in place, as he keened and called, half dragging his rider towards the healers. He knew where he was going, what needed to be done. And while it looked like there was just a random assortment of healers collected, Sarcoth knew he wanted – and they needed – the best. His voice reached out powerfully to the healers nearby, Healer! Get the head healer! Mine is to be tended to! Only your best. If he scars, I know whose fault it is and I will NOT forgive your errant hands.

Gavryl's shoulder ached, there were open gashes that seeped blood, puncture wounds peppered his shoulder and he was pretty sure his hand had been mauled into pieces with the amount of blood that dripped from it and he couldn't see out of one eye, he wasn't sure why. A long, deep gash had been drawn down the side of his face, the blood pooling in his eye.

Half on top of his brown, the newly impressed Brownrider found himself staring at the few wounds on Sarcoth and he groaned, “Sarcoth... you're hurt!” The brown had a few lacerations but he only snorted in response.

It's shallow. The demon has poor control and lacks the precision necessary to inflict much damage upon me.

Quote for any healers and people willing to help Sarcoth dragon Gavryl off the sands.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:47 pm
Miach (HR)

Miach stood there in shock for several moments. The bronze had given up it's chew toy, a brown made it's appearance, the Hunter and Angel had both come out of their eggs. It seemed like a mass explosion of chaos and dragons. "That bronze is a little terror." She thought before walking closer to the front of the crowd of candidates. The Goblin and Vampire had also made their debut. She did smile at the dragons running loose on the sands and was proud of the white and brown. At least some of the siblings had felt the need to put a stop to the bronze, if only temporarily. It also looked like there were some eggs that hadn't been visible before starting to move.

"G--Good job." She said, finding her voice to speak to the pair of guardians. She was proud of them. In fact, the Angel and Hunter pair were both one's that she had touched. The Hunter had sent her comforting feelings and boosted her confidence, the Angel was interesting to her as well. Miach felt much better about having gotten the chance to touch their eggs.

Kambri (W)

Kambri wasn't particularly surprised when the bronze had snapped out at his hand but was surprised to see he didn't lose said hand. When the Werewolf had started dragging Yevalee he turned and let his attention be enraptured by the green. He felt horrible for the candidate who was familiar to him, but it was certainly a site to see. It seemed like no matter where he turned something was going on. Oer was behind him laughing at the chaos. His attention turned to him. "When I woke up today, I didn't think it was going to go like this." He smiled, trying to decide who or what he wanted to go after. The bronze demon would surely try to rip him limb from limb and he wasn't attacking anyone again--yet. Maybe he should help Yevalee? Then again, they might not want his help. What if he made it worse?

Kambri huffed. "They're not making it easy are they?" He asked Oer. "Should we help them?" He asked, gesturing to the green running around with Yevalee attached.

Masterharper

Smerdle

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Oh yes, this was quite to the Goblin's liking! She began to run amok, darting this way and that, searching for ways to get in trouble. She wanted to make new frieeeends, yes, just hold still for one moment! Goblin wasn't done yet! Who wanted to play?

The Goblin's movements attracted the Vampire's eye, and he gave a disgusted little snort. Stop that, he said, lashing his tail in a single, smooth motion. You are a distraction. At the Blue's words, and an exertion of presence, the Goblin found herself most unwillingly caving. But. But.

... Play?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:56 pm
Marinel didn't know what to do. He'd wanted to get back at that bronze-- to yank it off Dolmar, to save his brother, but he'd been held back. He knew he was stronger than Dolly; only physically. And Dolly was hurt. He couldn't--he didn't want to be here. Not after that. He wanted to be with his brother. His eyebrows knit together, looking fretfully over the sands. He bit his bottom lip. What did he do now? Would Dolly be alright?

He looked to Shahera. Stay put? How could he? ...But she was right, Dolmar wouldn't forgive himself if he got hurt. He was the same way. They'd always been protective of the other. He swallowed and nodded. "Right." Something was caught in his throat. Something was keeping those tears from escaping. Keeping that wail from exiting his mouth.

He took hold of Saimwen, pulling his friend closer but not into a hug. He sent that bronze a look of the utmost loathing, and buried his face in his friend's shoulder. This wasn't right. Dolmar didn't deserve this. No one deserved this--and neither did the other people being mauled. Why wasn't the gold mother doing anything? This...

He'd never expected this. He'd never expected to hate a dragon so much.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:08 pm
Ryala

Keeping a wary eye on the proceedings, Ryala was careful to avoid the destructive bronze. He had seemed such a gentleman before! Now, though, he was clearly a threat to any who dared cross his path.

Seeing Vimianth not too far away, Ryala slowly made her way over to the sadly dulled gold. It hurt sorely to see such a grand dragon in this state. And yet, it was heartening to see her here, as it meant that her rider was still amongst the living. Seeing the gold stretching out a wing protectively over a girl, she realized with a start that the individual in question was Akaris. So... did this mean that all had been forgiven? And would that protection extend to the other candidates? The redhaired Harper girl hoped so... with the bronze still terrorizing everyone, and now a green dragging someone about, she didn't feel quite safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ladellan

That certainly hadn't gone as planned, though not from lack of trying. Frustrated, Del tried to think of something - anything - he could do to stop the mindless bloodshed. The bronze was actually ignoring both him and the one who had come over to help. As if they were beneath his notice.

Suddenly, the cavalry arrived, in the form of other hatchlings. When the Hunter egg, whose company he had enjoyed at the Touching, brought forth a second bronzs, Ladellan was a little surprised, and stayed out of his way to see what he would do. As the Hunter went over to help the Angel egg hatch, his eyebrows rose. Still, he certainly had no objections. Once again, he found himself surprised, though, as a small white form arose from the Angel egg. And now... now the pair seemed interested in stopping this threat.

Standing where he was, Del watched, trying to see if there was anything that he could do to try to help... or if his assistance would even be needed at this point.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:08 pm
Martirae

The vampire was a composed and fine looking dragon, now wasn't he? The way he held himself and asserted his wants was absolutely stunning and briefly, Martirae found herself less entertaining the idea of the dragon (who could and would easily choose any candidate he wanted besides her) and more of the idea of that sort of authority.

But the little green seemed to be quite unhappily put in her place by his words. What would she think of that? Would she appeal to hers? Would she wait until the vampire found his?

Unless the hubub with the bronzes, this was...at least somewhat related to her interests.

Lennik

Alya's outburst caused what anger he'd been bubbling up to at least smother down for the time being, nodding as their little commune of three became four. "Nice to meet you, Isilje...and now that I think about it, I haven't introduced myself to any of you. I'm Lennik." It would be important, he guessed, if the bronze decided to bite his throat out. Ah ha...ha...ha.

"Oh, that little one, hmm? I'm gonna say...arms are probably the best thing to sacrifice if you have to. I get a feeling we may be seeing the beginning of...well.." he gestured with a hand. "That." It wanted to play in the only way it knew how, the werewolf. He wasn't exactly thrilled by the notion, but maybe it would impress quickly and then go play actual games with their bonded. There was already more blood on the sands than he liked.

"Of course, I'll be here too, and I'll uh...well, I don't mind some teeth." Yeah. He'd have this! Maybe. Hopefully.

Meepfur

Tsunake

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Danzik and Green Eosphoth

Oh she just absolutely didn't deserve him, but Eosphoth readily accepted the chance to tuck her face against Iriseth, looking away from the Hatching if only for a few minutes. She could feel the excited rush from several others as the second boy was rescued from his mauling by the hatching of a brown (how fortunate!), but she'd keep herself tucked against her love until perhaps the carnage had died down a bit more.

She saw enough for other reasons.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:11 pm
Shahera finally relaxed her hold on Marinel, now that it seemed he wasn’t going to go do something stupid. Maybe she could actually get back to, enjoying wasn’t the right word, participating in the Hatching.

There were a lot more dragons out and about. But it was a green that got her attention. Was she moping? Why are you sad, it is your big day? Your day to shine! Shahera couldn’t help but think. Whether or not the green heard Shahera was unknown. She hoped that the green could perk up a bit. She had been so happy in the shell. They could all use a little less doom and gloom around here. At least the other green seemed to be happy…and hadn’t there been another hatchling? Where had it gone? Did she miss an impression?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 pm
Tacelon (HR)
Tacelon had agreed to join the Candidate swap, more out of a sense of duty than anything; he hadn't had much hope that a dragonet would pick him. But it was at least a chance to see someplace new. He'd probably have a few chances to visit the other weyr before he eventually aged out, so that was one thing to look forward to.

But as soon as the Demon bronze began ripping into candidates with apparent glee, Tacelon began to regret his decision. Being a Candidate seemed to be a lot more dangerous than the Harper tales made it seem. And every dragonet that hatched was another potential danger. He edged away from the Demon bronze and tried to keep an eye on all the hatchlings at once, but that became increasingly difficult as more and more of them hatched. They seemed to be taking their time Impressing, too. Unless this was really happening very fast, and stress was making it seem that much longer?

Liana (W)
Liana had been eager for this day from the moment she'd heard the queen was rising for her Flight. Finally, she'd get a chance to Stand for a clutch! She was excited to see that there was already a dragonet on the sands as the Candidates made their way into the Hatching Grounds.

Theough it seemed that dragonet was less excited to see them all, and started attacking someone rather quickly. Liana watched for a moment, then turned to watch the rest of the clutch. He was all the way over there with the boys, and she had other things to focus on. Like seeing if any of these dragons wanted her! Her eyes flicked from shell to shell as they started moving, then breaking open to allow the dragonets inside to seek their partners.  

mewrose

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:20 pm
Dolmar

Things were happening. It took longer than it should have for Dolmar to realize he'd been the one spoken to. Yes, he could hear her. Did she think he was deaf? "Not so loud..." He wheezed, his usually acidic tone coming out more...tired, placid than usual. His head was just utterly pounding. The sands were far too noisy. And gritty. And hot. He grimaced briefly, then twisted his head to the side, lips puckering to spit...

...a tooth. The pearly white (under the slick of pink blood) molar was cracked, and inspection would prove it had come from his lower right side. Vicious gouging from the bronze's lower teeth on that side of his face announced the cause—it'd been effectively caught in a battle with a much stronger tooth. Really that he'd only lost the one was a miracle. The sight of it glittering in the sand seemed to finally drive home all that had happened to him though, and he sagged back into the stretcher to stare absently after the number of hatchlings that had now spilled over the sands. Where had his bronze gone...?

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:22 pm
Waiver
((Feel free to pose him as needed to best help him off the Sands. He didn't want to do anything right away with Sarcoth there, in case the brown got protective.))

Cedarian
Dolmar was dragged off the sands, Gavryl was getting chewed on by a bronze, people were pulling others away... and the pale skinned lad could feel himself trembling with adrenaline and fear. This wasn't at all like the stories. For a few moments, he just stared, watching as others tried to force the bronze off Gavryl.

Honestly, it only seemed to upset the creature, but he understood their plight. Before he could think of something to do, the brown form pushed the Demon off his prey, and -- surprisingly -- Impression was made.

Glancing around, biting his lip, he hesitated before jogging over. He was careful not to get too close in case the brown looked at him as a threat. "Hey," he called out, his words cracking. He cleared his throat, swallowed hard, and added, "Lean on me if you can. The Healers aren't far." He glanced at the brown, hesitating, not wanting to upset him. It wasn't very brave of him, and it wasn't a very long way to go, but at least it meant he was able to do something for someone out there. And it was better than just standing around. He'd get back to the eggs and the dragonet in a moment. Maybe this was against the rules, but he didn't care. He'd only have his back turned for a moment..He couldn't check up on Dolmar, but he could at least rest assured this other boy was all right. And helping felt much better than being idle -- he did rather hate idleness.  

Masterharper
Vice Captain

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:23 pm
Vosin and Killakeeth (W)

Vosin, Kelilayth says Vesin and him are on their way. I will save space for them. The large gold simply extended a wing out and held it stretched as she waited for the brown pair to arrive. When she spotted Keli she gave a wave of her wing to signal him and folded her wings to make room for him. All the while she continued to hum for the eggs. We will have a good view from here, the gold commented to dragon and both riders.

Vosin nodded when Killa relayed the message. "Easy enough." She also waved when she spotted her twin on her brown's back. When Keli had gotten settled she moved to stand between the dragons so she could speak with Ves. "Look at that handsome bronze Ves. Pretty sure of himself." She was interested to see who he impressed to. After that first early start, this clutched seemed a bit slow to get rolling from her point of view.

Patience Vosin. They will hatch in time. That will hurt, Killa commented to no one in particular as the young bronze took particular offence to one boy in particular. "Oh my. That didn't take long. This looks likes its going to be a very bloody hatching." Vos commented mildly. She felt bad for the candidate, but wondered what he'd done to set the dragonet off. He probably wouldn't be standing the rest of this hatching if the bronze had any say. She arched her brow as several tried to rescue the boy and the bronze went for another.

There was a green on the sands who was able to easily find her partner. One down. Another green hatched and decided to play, albeit more gently, with another candidate. "Hey Ves, you think that green is gonna bypass the whole pick a rider before you eat or just pick them up on the way through?" She pointed to the Ghoul Green as it made beeline for the entrance.

"What does that little bugger think he's up to?" Vos watched as Hunter went after Angel's egg.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Rinis (W)

While her eyes didn't spot her one friend, she did see another familiar face. Cheora had made it! That one was relief. She gave a slight wave to show she'd seen the other girl, before taking a quick glance back toward the sands. The bronze was now strutting his stuff. Just typical of a bronze, but she'd felt good things from his egg. She ducked her head so she wouldn't see him impress to the new bronze rider. Who would become the new person she's always get tongue-tied around?

The bronze moved off among the candidates. Paying no attention to the girls predictably, and looking among the boys. Rinis turned her eyes toward the eggs and watched closely for signs of hatching. Who was next? A motion caught her eye. Where was it? Rinis looked closely. There, the Siren egg. She caught her breath, remembering her bet. Would she impress to Siren? It'd have to hatch first. Then Frankenstein also gave a wiggle.

Her eyes were luckily looking away when the Demon took offence to someone in a group of candidates. Unfortunately when she heard the commotion start, she looked toward them. Rinis felt her eyes go wide as she saw the bronze mauling one of the boys. She felt stuck in place as she could only helplessly watch. With an effort she pulled her eyes away from the carnage and noticed another egg had hatched. It took her a moment to realize it was Siren.

She heard more noise and fresh screams. A quick glance told her the bronze was not coming her way and she quickly refocused her gaze elsewhere. Nope nope and nope. Rinis let out a gasping breath as Siren quickly paired off, bloodlessly. That was a relief. Then another green hatched from Werewolf. She remembered that egg. It had been considerate to her. She winced as it did snap at a candidate but it seemed with much less viciousness that the bronze. Another green was also quick to join the sands, but she seemed quickly intent to leave. Rinis wondered where the dragonet thought it was going.

Everything seemed to be going on now. Another bronze made his entrance then started attacking one of the other eggs. Rinis cringed. Maybe she should start backing away now and wait for the next clutch? Her eyes widened as Hunter broke into Angel's egg to reveal a white. There was quite a bit going on now. She was hard pressed to keep track of all the young dragons running around.

Rinis is open for company!

Strawberri Stardust
Yay!

Nilah44
Ves! <3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:26 pm
Farensil was quiet, watching the proceedings until they had shifted away from the center of the candidatemess. With a wary look at the Demon, she shifted herself to as far a point from him as she could be without leaving the group on the sands completely, letting her eyes roam the nests again. Faren hoped the others would have the sense to manage their own proximity to the Demon and keep out of his way.

It took a moment to realize the goblin was trying to play, before she sighed and reached out to it, a few moments after it had stopped. ~Humans are much more fragile than you and your siblings. You must play gently with us.~ She smiled softly, and let her lilting mental tune back into her mind. If she'd been thinking of any tune she was familiar with, it was off-key, perhaps muddled by old memories.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:30 pm

Locked in a battle of wills, the Vampire and the Goblin stood, staring at one another. The Vampire twitched his tail in indignation at the Goblin's complete inability to keep it together.

The Goblin simply... wanted to play. And the people wanted to play with her too! But when he pushed her again, she lowered her head, drooping pitifully on the sands. Such a hard night, and a tough time to be a Goblin. Siiiigh.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games