Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:02 pm
Martirae

Well if one didn't stand in the way of baby dragons, they wouldn't get knocked over. Marty held in an internal scoff as the green - seemingly in a better mood now - went racing through some of their ranks, though it was more earned by the candidates than the baby.

The baby was just doing as a baby dragon did.

She didn't let her attention linger on the scene as a small gasp went through several of the girls, causing her to look back towards the eggs. There was a gold snout poking out from one of the eggs and it was almost impossible to not see Iathe tense up. Marty's posture remained relaxed. It wasn't that her heart wouldn't desire any gold that was upon the sands - but that she knew better than to get her hopes up.

"Deep breath," she reminded with a gentle nudge. The gold couldn't be Iathe's if she died of suffocation, after all.

Sinders Path

Tsunake

------

Papys

"Well! Look at that one run!" Papys seemed delighted with the angry mass of green as she tore about, laughing and rubbing at the top of his head, where his skin was already starting to burn through his pale hair.

Ah, alas. He'd live, though!

But it seemed a shiny baby - a shiny golden baby was trying to make an appearance. "Well! That'll be some good luck, yeah?"

To who? Nobody.

-----

Kinyegele

Kinye squeaked as the Striped Pink Green went running through the candidates, leaning into her brother with wide eyes before looking back to him. "Ooo! Energetic!" she liked it! And it was a very pretty baby!

But it seemed some had their eyes on another egg-

"Ionan...is that a gold?" she asked quietly, pointing to the Green Zig Zag egg's little foot sticking out of the crack in the shell.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:08 pm
Farellen was about to reply to K'gan when his 5 flits emerged from Between with a sling held between them "Thanks guys" was all he managed to get out, before knotting one corner, looping it over his head and resting his arm in it, aaaah that felt much better. He belatedly chuckled at K'gan's comment. "hahahaha i can imagine" He smiled "Did i ever thank you for supplying me with some fine drinks while i was laid up" he pondered "come to think of it, did i ever actually thank you for helping me out when i got hurt?"

He tilted his head at 'K'gan's mention of 'getting him down' "oh don't worry, if i can turn losing an eye into something to show off and be confident about, i think i'm good here" he genuinely wasn't worried too much about Impressing or not, he was most worried about getting hurt badly again, a few scratches, sure, but if he hurt his arm again, or Faranth forbid, lost his other eye... he wasn't sure what he'd do then. He shook the thought off as his flits chittered around him, before going off to say hello to Singarth and sit on the dragon who's rider had helped Theirs, before he was even Theirs.

He watched avidly as eggs shook and even a couple hatched, greens.... ooh and one's eyes were red, he was concerned, especially for one candidate, who had lost his brother at the last hatching, even more especially when one of the greens went over and sat up, using Huarwar as a balance, she looked gentle though? he hoped she was going to be nice to him, kid didn't deserve horror twice in a row. Uh oh, that other green barelled her way through the candidates, well he was glad he wasn't down there, with them. OH! OH LOOK a Gold, he hadn't expected that from this clutch, he briefly wondered who she'd Impress to.

Sinders Path

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Becka had been splitting her attention between setting up the equipment and supplies on the Healer tables for easy access for whatever came their way, she glanced over when some eggs cracked, one exploding, watched two greens hatch. Being here to do a job, she missed another egg trying to hatch, only turning to look when she heard the gasps and whispers of "it's a gold" in the usual awe given to a Gold hatchling. She hoped the little one would be alright, but busied herself looking over the supplies, checking and double checking, despite the more qualified Healers doing the same. It never hurt to know exactly where you put things, should you need to find something in a hurry. She did wonder if she should ask if she could hand water out among the candidates, but that could interfere with the hatchling Dragons parading the Sands, so she debated internally with herself instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rokar watched, slightly irritated as the sun beat down, the waves crashing on the beach making him feel sick with regret, nostalgia and memories. He'd come all the way to the Weyr, only to be standing on a BEACH, in front of Eggs he wasn't 100% sure he wanted to Impress but the thrill of dragon rides when he'd had to be on dragonback, drew him, that and being told he had potential, was all the young man needed to hear sometimes, that he was wanted, needed, to do a job not everyone could do. He sighed and pushed the thoughts away as the sun shone on, shifting from one foot to the other, while he knew the sand underfoot wasn't quite as hot a** he remembered the Hatching Sands being, the sun above was making him feel woozy. He wondered if they'd be allowed to move away and have a drink of water.

Then one egg, and another hatched, two greens to start, Rokar hmm'd at that but live dragons was a bonus, he'd fully expected that no eggs would hatch, that all would have been sucked dry by tunnelsnakes long before now. He moved to one side as the bolshy little green barelled her way through the pack of candidates, he wasn't going to get hurt if he could help it. ... OH! oh he saw that, a glint of Gold off the emerging baby from another egg, impossible to miss in the sunshine out here. He wondered just how long they could stand out here in the heat.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:08 pm
Talis

"Eager is...one word for it." Talis watched as the green paused at a particular young man and the girl he was standing with, only to dart off again once she had finished...whatever it was she had been doing. It was a mystery to everyone but the green and, possibly, the boy.

That other green, though, had not seemed pleased at all when it hatched, quite unlike her sister. Red eyes, Talis knew full well, were not good, and so that one in particular would bear keeping an eye on as she muscled her way around and went wherever she pleased. A crack in another egg, a gasp from those closest as a metallic snoot nosed into the world. Hmm. She regarded it with the same interest and caution as the other hatchlings, but little else. After a whole sevenday of candidacy - light duty candidacy, at that - she had no expectations of Impressing anything, and certainly not...that.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:09 pm
Jagmund

The sweet little green busied herself with visiting the other Candidates. It was endearing, even if she was just a green. He smirked a little, then his attention turned towards her hatching sisters.

The next green was so angry at the start that Jagmund took a step backwards without thinking about it. That green from the last Hatching... a shiver of fear shot through him, then he forced himself to calm down. No, these were different babies, this was a different Hatching... think of something else.

The appearance of the gold did the trick. He gaped a little, like anyone would at the appearance of a new little queen. My, he hoped that meant there'd be some strong bronzes in the clutch, too!

Kamila and Cituvath

I bet the same for the second green, Cituvath said for only Kamila to hear.

"Fine, I agree to the bet."

The large gold grumbled with delight, certain she'd win, but then she was suddenly very still.

"What is it? I can't see well!"

There's a gold on the sands, Cituvath said simply. I bet she'll Impress to a High Reaches girl. The feeling she sent with the thought, however, implied she didn't want more competition at Western for bronze affection.

Kamila scoffed. "Please, Cituvath, behave yourself."  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:10 pm
————Jacquol————

"Oh, well shards then." Thankfully the more...touchy of the greens, she wasn't heading their way. "Someone's on a mission, looks like. Wonder if she's looking for the Fort kids." But she seemed less miffed, at least. Less red was good! Like anyone else who'd been present at Western's hatching, she tensed at the sight of the other green rearing up at the one boy—Huarwar? But no blood was spilled...and he didn't panic. That was good. Impression? Oh, no. Well, better than an attack! And off the green went again. The sudden surge of excitement over a bright, glittery golden snout though, that was something. How should she feel? Hopeful? Wary? Unexpectant? It was a hard choice. Who wanted to be tied down, saddled with that kind of expectation and authority? But then, being chosen as special...well. "You want it, or shall I?" She jokingly asked Kiri.
Masterharper

————Zelaya————

The greens (unseen greens at that) hadn't held the young woman's interest, but the sudden cry of 'gold!' certainly caught her ears. A gold? Here? On the beach, and to a first-time mother? The odds felt stacked, but they should be happy, right? More golds, more eggs, more fighters against the enemy.

Her eyes flicked up to Z'tir, assessing his reaction. It was a gold...but who even knew what it'd be like. And the mother hadn't had the sense to clutch at a weyr, so the daughter...

She stayed put, folding her hands neatly over her lap, though her attention remained fixed in the vague direction of where the gold was cracking out. Just in case.
Mx Cherie
Meepfur

————Oseathiol————

The young man's quill froze each time the greens seemed about to impress, his whole body leaning forward to try to catch a glimpse of that most wonderful moment...but not yet! And then there was talk of a GOLD, and he was on his feet. "A, a gold? Really! How w-wonderful!" Writing forgotten, he stood on tip-toe to try to catch a peek over the crowd of bobbing heads.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Z'tir had, of course, nodded an acknowledgement to the very junior Queenrider, but then his attention was drawn to the clutch. "Zelaya, you are not to approach. If you are destined for one of these..." misfits "dragonets..."

And here he raised an eyebrow. "Then they will find you."

ShinosBee

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Dorianus(High Reaches)

As they continued to speak to one another, Dorianus had let his eyes move back to the eggs, watching them. The two greens, one happily excited, the other seeming very pushy and slightly angry, were moving through the candidates. He watched them both, but not with as much trepidation as some of the other candidates. He noted Rio moving to stand more in front of the girls and he slightly raised an eyebrow. It was admirable that he wanted to protect them, Dorianus would do the same, but the green with the whirling red eyes wasn't attacking anyone, nor was she coming their way.

Alya's excited voice pierced through his thoughts and he turned to look at her before looking back at the dragonets. Of course, he did notice a shining golden snout trying to get out of another egg. He raised an eyebrow some. "I didn't expect for there to be a gold here." He wasn't putting down the fact that the Golden Mother couldn't clutch a gold but, it just seemed a little strange.

DaisyMilk

Meepfur

Tsunake

The_Muffin_Puppy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:21 pm
Shaddaling
Aly'on

P'rell

"Oh! A friend huh?" The way they were clinging to each other made P'rell's overly romantic heart flutter. How sweet! Star crossed lovers from separate continents with uncertain futures! That's a story he'd never grow tired of hearing. "There's a green by them! Do you think she might be after your brother?"

Zarike

Of course the crowd looses it's mind over a gold. Zarike was just as excited as the rest! In part because he would out marks on riders making bets on who would claim a new gold for their weyr. His attention stayed on the two greens though. He'd have some serious thinking to do if a gold were to choose him and at this point in his life he was pretty sure that wasn't going to happen. Not that he'd say no to any dragon, but he felt fairly secure in thinking she wouldn't set her cap for him. The greens on the othrr hand, since apparently the first hadn't impressed like he'd thought, were better odds.  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:21 pm
Sylfie

Had it not been for the presence of a wingleader dear Faranth who also happened to be Zelaya's father, Sylfie might have been able to form proper words about Zelaya being here but not as a candidate. She did think about it. Very seriously. She even came very close to opening her mouth, in order to point out in an awkward stumble, that even if she wasn't in her robes and with the other candidates, she could still Impress, but Z'tir took care of that. After he'd nodded at her.

Which was fine. She didn't need more acknowledgement than that, thank you. His mere presence was intimidating enough, and had her fretting to the point that she very nearly missed that there was, apparently, a gold in the clutch. It was rather hard to see anything from here, though, and...intensely uncomfortable.

"I was thinking I might- Um. Go sit on Hesperith and...get a better view?" Wide brown eyes searched for Zelaya's, and she offered tenatively, "Would you...like to come with me? I'm sure Hes w-woudn't mind."

ShinosBee

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:35 pm
The Pink Striped Green stared up at the two, her eyes whirling slowly in consideration. She sniffed at Rylyrr before giving a disgusted snort -- and maybe left a bit of snot -- on the man.

Too ugly. She stated with annoyance before turning next to the trembling Akaris. Her eyes turned a bit more orange-yellow, and with a swift motion she moved....

Only to pick up the hat on the sands and nudge Akaris with her nose, expectently. Some might think Impression was made, but they would be wrong.

I don't want someone weak like you. Be strong. Stop trembling. Face your fears head on instead of turning to others to shield you. Now take your silly hat, and find a spine, while I look for Mine.

That was reassuring, wasn't it? For this green, it was a good start. Ish. Once the hat was taken, the green bounded off to find others more worthy of her attention.

Meepfur

Shaddaling

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:37 pm
Beligian - High Reaches candidate

Beli watched the pink striped green come up to two people. She was so adorable! Beli stepped a little closer and bit on his lip. How did one get a dragonets attention? He wanted one to look at him at least.

They were so lucky! His eyes sparkled as he continued to move toward the dragonet. Well, he tried, but the thing was starting to bound off.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:37 pm
————Zelaya————

Well. That was really all she needed to know to make her choice of actions clear. Z'tir's firm, unwavering sense of what was what made it very easy to capitulate, to see the world as he did, because he was so certain, that how could it be any other way? "Yes, father," She ducked her head momentarily, before letting her eyes rove back across the clutch, away from the emerging golden dragonet. What hatched didn't matter, unless it came to find her. But she was certainly beginning to think that she'd rather they didn't. That thought she worked to press down though. Any dragon was an honor, even if it wasn't entirely a...desired one.

She felt a pang of sympathy for Sylfie as she stammered out her offer to join her. Perhaps a higher view would be nice, and to sit a gold? But...no. Best not. "I'm certain you'll be able to see everything from her back, that's a fine idea," She reassured the other woman with a gentle tone, though she made no move to shift from her spot on the sand. "I'm afraid I'll have to decline though...my place is here. You have my thanks though, for thinking of me." Oh, she hoped Sylfie wouldn't be offended. She'd have to seek her out later, after all this mess was done, and make certain. It'd be just horrible to lose her only real friend at the Weyr...but she just knew that even asking Z'tir to go would be the wrong thing to do.
Mx Cherie
Meepfur

ShinosBee

Nerd

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:45 pm
Jagmund

The red headed Candidate seemed to be awfully far away from the action. Had he been walking slowly, step by step, away from the hatchlings in case they got ruthless? Well, that was senseless, if he wanted to Impress. He did his best to stuff his emotions back inside and puffed out his chest - well, as much as the tight scars would let him - and strode closer to the pile of other Cadidates.

He saw many he recognized from Western and studied their faces. Were they feeling the same as him? Certainly, some weren't hiding their composure well. In fact, one girl was practically trembling, and he almost felt sorry for her when the grumpier green came towards her. Even though all she was doing was offering the girl her hat? Weird.

The sight was odd. He didn't watch where he was going and walked straight into Beligian.

Peppermint Coffee
Beligian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:47 pm

As she left the side of sad new friend, Solid Pink wove her way through until she had found -

Beligian! He was calling for someone special, and she burbled with excitement over their shared enthusiasm. Taking off like she meant to fly, the baby stopped just short of him, investigating his hands with infinite curiosity.

Peppermint Coffee

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:48 pm
Rylyrr

"Well then,"Rylyrr said dryly and looked down at the edge of his robe and sighed at the bit of snot clinging there. It would not have been the first time that had happened. He shrugged off the remark, and went to move, to pull back Akaris but the danger never came.

But a hat was returned. "Are you alright, Akaris?" He asked softly.

Meepfur
Akaris

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games