Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm
Candidate Makimton

His lips quirked as he felt the affront from the egg. Perhaps he shouldn’t judge an egg by its shell. Makim admitted the egg was right and pink and hearts could mean passion too. He gave a shrug. Oh well he’d find out when the egg hatched.

Leaving Amoretentia to its passions, he approached around the back of the clutch next. The Hufflepuff Egg in its yellow and black shell was his destination.

Candidate Nalacko

The cheerful laughter from You Can Fly! brought an easier smile to her lips. She tilted her head as it brought up the idea of doing a prank on another candidate. I’m not much for pranks really. Plus I would get into trouble here if I did that. Perhaps we can play after you hatch, there will be a big party, and I like parties.

She patted it then moved on toward Go The Distance. Nala pressed her hand lightly to the light pink shell.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:08 pm
Veltanna

“I’m waiting silly one, because I want everyone else to meet all you wonderful eggs.” She smiled. The need to do something was infectious. It was getting very hard to be on her very best behavior. But she could be stubborn with the best of them, and right now she was being stubborn to be good. Collecting herself with dignity, pulling a funny face, and then back to dignity, she approached the next egg. She placed her hand regally, snickering in her head all the while, on Let It Go Egg.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:09 pm
Zyamel
xXx
She || High Reaches Weyr

The girl was pleased by the response. How good of the egg to recognize her lineage, and a proud one at that. Between her mother and her father, Zyamel knew her place was meant to be in a Weyr...preferably with a dragon. Perhaps one of these eggs might hold her destiny? Well, there was no sense in lingering. Moving on from the green and silver egg, she decided to see what the Forbidden Forest Egg might be like. "Well, aren't you a lovely one. You certainly draw the eye with such a vibrant shell." It was plain or simple or boring; no, it was practically a painting! She liked it.

Lusialu
xXx
Female || High Reaches Weyr

Lusialu was glad that the egg seemed, more or less, happy to meet her. She thanks the egg, before deciding it was time to move on. There were so many eggs to meet, so many to focus on, and so many Candidates to not bump into! Honestly, she wondered how the eggs might be feeling, and if any were overwhelmed. Was it a fun experience for them or did they yearn for it to be quiet? So far things seemed to be going all right... even if Rhianth seemed to be shifting and staring down some sort of Candidate. Finding herself in front of another pretty egg, the girl reached out to gently stroke Friend Like Me Egg. She hoped that the egg was happy, and wasn't too put off by her touch. She wouldn't linger, of course, if the egg wanted to be left alone!

Cedarian
xXx
Male || Western Weyr

The young man arched a brow, surprised at the eggs response. Well, if the egg didn't think it was good enough... Part of him knew that it wasn't true. Any dragon was a good dragon, regardless what some traditionalists thought. And while yes, there was a sense of grandeur at the idea of Impressing a metallic, Cedarian knew, deep within his heart, that he would be more than happy to be found worthy by any color. He was the sensible choice, after all. Smart, clever, talented, beautiful, fun, rich... Why wouldn't a dragon want him? But if the egg in that one was not worthy, or did not think itself so, then maybe it was right.

Well, no matter. He knew it was just a matter of time. He would bother this egg no more. Instead, he turned next to another big egg. The green and silver Slytherin Egg looked promising, and he couldn't wait to meet it. He reached out to let his hand stroke the shell, hoping that maybe this one would respond favorably. Salutations and good day, egg. He greeted cordially, letting his hand trace along the pattern of the snake.

Chayrel
xXx
Male || High Reaches Weyr

Chayrel's hand snatched back, and he actually lurched back a few steps, away from Crucio Egg. His face had turned into a frown, and his stress levels immediately skyrocketed. No, nope, no, no, no. He knew they were supposed to keep happy thoughts, but whatever was in that egg was not something he wanted to be part of. In fact, he wanted to find Fehral and just go sit down in the tiers. The feelings that the egg had drawn out of him had reminded him too much of that place.... Too much of the abuse he'd suffered.

Still, his dark brows knit, and he knew that such thoughts could only cause issues. Rhianth already seemed upset, and he didn't want to get kicked out, and he didn't want to upset any egg, and he didn't want to go back to Nabol. He immediately stalked away, deciding to go to a different egg. Trying to steel his thoughts. It was fine. He was okay. It was just an egg. Shoving his feelings back down, he reached out for a different egg, hoping that maybe this one wouldn't be at all like that one... So he stroked the Gryffindor Egg, and hoped for a better reply.

Kiri
xXx
Female || Western Weyr

The girl was pleased by the response she received, and giving the egg one last caress, decided to move on. She kept one eye out for her brother, but was sure he was probably hanging around his boyfriend like the besotted fool he happened to be. Laughing a bit to herself, she decided to move towards another egg. This one had a lovely shell, and she was curious about their contents. So she reached a hand out and traced her fingers along the Firebolt egg. Well hello in there, gorgeous. Still enjoying yourself?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:39 pm
The bloody-looking egg was surprisingly gentle, for its gory appearance. It clearly wasn’t very interested in Karone, though. He decided not to press the egg’s patience by trying to start a conversation, and moved along as it requested. He went to one of the larger ones he hadn’t met yet, pressing his palm to the shell of Perfect Isn’t Easy. He sensed its desire for attention, and gave it his fullest. Hello, there. How are you doing this fine day?  

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:40 pm
Tsunake

Imperio
It was all ready to lavish Phyrana with it's delicious sweet words, but the thought seemed to pause, trading buttery sweetness for understanding. Oh, they had something in common, Imperio and Phyrana. It was going to peek through all these thoughts, but there was no need to offer sweet distaction. Surely, she'd give it time to look? All the time it needed.

magnadearel

Go The Distance
Hello Nalacko, do you have a dream? Go The Distance wants to do and be so many things. What does she want to be? Who does she want to please - her father or her friend? Neither?

Faesinger

Let it Go
The presence of Let it Go seems to reach out to touch that so regally placed hand, as if mimicking the gesture. Is this a show Veltanna is putting on for it or is she mocking it with the play between serious and silly? Can one be...both?

Uta

Firebolt
The egg shimmies slightly, almost like a body trembling with laughter. It had been waiting to be noticed again and now Kiri is here and it is happy to see her! It is very tired of holding still - how long must it wait? It wants to run and jump and play! Surely Kiri knows how that feels, right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:47 pm
Shaddaling

Gryffindor Egg
Oh, this egg liked her energy! Rhylune was so UP! Gryffindor liked that about her, and responded in kind. Yeah! Way to be awesome~.

demon_pachabel

Auror Egg
It was just wanting everyone to be good, make things better for everyone, really. Enough about that, though, Auror wanted to know about Fahn. Was Fahn always so cheery? Or was it for Auror's benefit? If it was for the hatchling's benefit, there was a sense of appreciation. This one was a good one, yes.

Aukai Oceansoul

Friend like Me Egg
Oh yes, Damon, Dragons were glorious~. Just look at its parents, look at its egg! They were so wonderful, weren't they? Were dragons Damon's deepest desire? Or was there something more that the egg could help with~?

How Far I'll Go Egg
Of course Sayuri was doing this right! No need to be so stuffy, or rigid to tradition! This Egg wanted her to be feel confident! Curiousity was good! It led to GREAT explorations!

Uta

Friend Like Me Egg
How on Pern could the baby be put off by Lusialu's touch? She had every right to be here, and oh, wasn't she fascinating? The egg seemed to give off a sense of comfort, the baby trying to wrap her in a sensation. It was all good, everything would be fine. Lusialu should tell it what she desired, because Friend Like Me wanted to know.

Gryffindor Egg
Hey hey now! Chayrel was a welcome touch! Were its siblings being mean? Gryffindor got it, but now the other was at its own awesome shell, and all was gonna be great now! There would be no going back, only forwards, onwards! Gryffindor was betting on Chayrel to be awesome too!  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:54 pm
Keleres - Western

A faint hint of a smile lit her features as she stroked the Colours of the Wind egg. This one held a deep understanding and showed great maturity- and it hadn’t even been born yet. “If I am ever half as wise as you, I would be a lucky woman indeed.” And yet, she did not share the egg’s certainty that she knew who she was. Life was an adventure of self-discovery, but she felt like her adventure had been moulded by others. But the encouragement was appreciated, and her smile grew in fondness.

“You’ll make a brilliant dragon, I’m certain. Any of us here would be grateful for the chance to be your rider. I look forwards to seeing you hatch.” Manners maketh the woman, after all. With a slight curtsy, she lifted her hand from the purple shell and moved on.

Once Upon a Dream drew the eye with its stripes, and Keleres smiled as she inclined her head, brushing the shell with gentle hands. “Hello. I’m Keleres. It’s so lovely to meet you.” Her thoughts were contented, the tranquility of her last two encounters pervading over her initial doubts and fears. The egg seemed so sweet and soft at first glance- she was reminded of a beautiful sunset over the ridges of Western Weyr.

---

Nyaranau - HR

“Anywhere, huh…” She trailed off, her voice surprisingly quiet for a woman so passionate and energetic. Anywhere. If she could be anywhere in the world, where would she go? “I don’t think I could pick just one place. You’re right. There are so many different places to see and explore. The tallest mountains on Pern… and sailing across the seas- finding new lands. Imagine finding your own land, and being able to name it whatever you want! Nyara Island. Dragon Weyr! Of course, we’d replace the dragon name with yours- it’s only fair.” A silly smile spread across her features, but delight filled her.

“I very much understand. I know we have a duty to fulfil, here… but sometimes there’s just something calling- something beyond the mundane routine of life. I thought being a dragonrider would help me find that… but now I’m not even sure. We’ll be fighting Thread for as long as we’re nimble and quick. We’ll have grey hairs and a little bit of wrinkled hide by the time it stops. Hopefully.” She didn’t want to think about death- no, that was not going to happen to any of them. These clutches would both survive the Pass. Optimism and hope were her greatest allies in fighting her deep-seated fear of losing her loved ones.

“Still… I hope you find what you’re looking for. I really do. And if you ever need a travelling companion- I’m here. Don’t forget about me, cause I won’t forget about you.” It was easy to ignore the cheesiness of her own lines when her mind was already racing with fantastic adventures bound to daydreams.

She gave the egg an affectionate pat, then moved to Friend Like Me. There was something about the shell that was just… egg-citing? Was it its pattern? “You… kind of feel like you’re made of something… well, magical. Which isn’t really possible. Is it? Are you?” Her voice grew deeper with awe as she peered at the mottled shell intently. “I’m Nyara. Just flesh and blood, but yeah. That’s me. Hi!”  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:05 pm
Veltanna | She

“Oh, little one!” Veltanna exclaimed. “Of course you can be both!” She gave the egg a little pat. “You’ll see when you impress.” Her heart went out to these eggs. “Or I’ll show you!” There was so much to show these eggs. It was very important to show the good things to them. Veltanna hoped that everyone else was doing so.

The other clutch was calling to her and she began the short journey over to visit it. Instead of starting on the outside as she had done at Fianth’s clutch, Veltanna chose to start at the middle. It was a lovely egg and Veltanna ran a hand along the spiral of the Slytherin Egg in admiration.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:23 pm
Sectumsempra
The egg was not some wounded animal. The egg didn't need his comfort or his pity or his consideration. In fact, all the egg seemed to do was stab at Liulfr's hand. It bit hard, trying to inflict pain, trying to hurt those who continued to try to touch and poke and prod it. It would make them all bleed sooner or later! The egg itself seemed to wriggle and shake, its contents irritable as ever.
Daffupanda

Avada Kedara Egg
The egg turns to regard Arcadin and seems to give the Candidate a long look over. Curious thoughts from a curious man. It is far more free than Arcadin seems to be for this egg can sense the restraint within the other. But there is a darkness there, and the egg seems terribly curious about the beast of a man who keeps himself distanced from the world. Is it weakness or is it strength that keeps the Candidate so aloof?
medigel

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes
The egg seems to send a bubbling sensation through the other, gentle and kind. It is close to its siblings or at least...at least it wants to be! Oh, but the egg hopes the other is well. He seems to be such a nice boy, and everyone has been so nice and kind. While the egg wants Elyk to stay, it also knows that its other siblings are also in need of his attention. They will absolutely love him, of that, the egg is sure.
baby_gwing

Baby Mine Egg
There was another person at its shell! Oh, oh my goodness! The joy and pleasure that it felt was palpable and radiated about the egg like warmth did a fire. It honestly couldn't be any happier, and sent its warmth to the girl like a blanket. Hello! There is nothing to fear here! They are all together, and that makes everything right, doesn't it? The eggs, the Candidates, Mother, Father... This moment feels almost perfect!
Dea and #Teddy#

Baby Mine Egg
When Ruunan touched its egg, Baby Mine's joy and pleasure instantly pushed back to envelop the other. Ah, another Candidate and yet... It was a sensitive little egg. Had he been crying? Oh, that is quite all right so long as Ruunan is all right! A flicker of worry tickles the other, the egg clearly concerned for the emotional boy that touched it. Would he be okay? Did he need some comfort? The egg could get its parents to help! Fianth and Krahsujunth always made it feel better... It could get them if Ruunan wanted!! Oh Mommy! Daddy! DAAAADDDDDDYYYYYYyyyyyyy! Mama and Papa would be sure to help! The egg continued to ooze goodness to all who were near.
ShinosBee

Sweet Symmetry

Sectumsempra Egg
And bite Rune it did! The egg was still not ready to be touched, still upset, and no amount of biting was making it any less irritable. It stabbed at the girl hard, making it as unpleasant an experience as possible. Honestly now, who did SHE think she was!? Just because she was sharp didn't mean this egg wanted anything to do with her! Go away! GO AWAY!
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

You've Got a Friend In Me Egg
Well hoooowdy, pardner! The egg seems more than thrilled when Helaku approaches, quickly leaning into the touch. The air around the egg seems light and friendly, as if the being inside wants the other to focus on it and not whatever-commotion-was-going-on-elsewhere. The egg is doing well and hopes the boy is, too! Nice and quiet over here, nothing bad or negative or angry happening on this side of the Sands...Maybe Helaku could spread the word? It's only the second person to touch it, after all, while some other eggs seem to be getting ALL the attention. This egg just wants all the eggs to get their fair shake of attention, honest!
Excited Apathy

Avada Kedavra Egg
This egg pushes back on Kahbrohm with force. Similar to other Candidates, its peeking is not nice, and forced. Well, well, well--what have we here? Kahbrohm is NOT a nice boy... but a jealous one. A strong one. An interesting one. How far would this boy go to get what he wants? What does he want, anyway? Attention? Or power?
demon_pachabel

Baby Mine Egg
Unfortunately for Tiznia, the small pink egg was focused on calling for its parents. So all the poor girl got was a wave of joy, and the sensation of the egg needing its parents (or one of them). Daddy!!! Mommmmmy! Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Thaliawen

You've Got a Friend In Me Egg
Oh, good old Rykin. This egg is certainly welcoming to the Woodcrafter, and seems more than pleased at the others approach. This was more like it! The egg now had a few Candidates near it, and that seemed to cheer it up immensely. Rykin could take pride in the fact it just made this egg feel ten times better about itself. Now, what about the Candidate, hmm? Having a good time? Have a favorite egg? The man would get the distinct feeling that the egg is trying to encourage the answer to be it.
Smerdle

Perfect Isn't Easy Egg
Yes, yes, YES! That is exactly what this Egg had been waiting to hear! Say more, go on, really now... When someone like Torin can see how marvelous it is, they clearly have great taste. Don't think about anyone else now. Come sit a while, and stay...but don't stop with the compliments. This egg could take the Candidate to new heights, and a Holder son at that...my, my. Even a second throw-away son is better than a nobody, after all.
Smerdle

Perfect Isn't Easy Egg
Oh, another one with fine taste! Another one with--er. Hmm. Though there is definitely a sense of pleasure, it is obviously clear that the egg seems to prefer Torin's touch. Well, even the rabble can admire a nice egg when they see it, it supposes. Kudos to having fine taste now... move along now, and don't leave any prints on the shell. Ta-ta!
Shaddaling

Remember Me Egg
The egg would shift against Farinalgo's touch and consider the other for a long moment. Someone certainly seems to be the life of the party and a fine Harper at that, how charming...and yet... And yet there seems more to him than meets the eye. Is everything okay now? The egg seems alarmed, picking up on memories of family strife and strain. Was there ever resolution? The egg is close to its family... and is unsure if it should call an intervention on his behalf!
Teiha

You'll Be In My Heart Egg
The egg seems to consider Yurastar carefully, cautiously. The egg seems to consider his query, but like all the Candidates before, does not answer. It has nothing to say, nothing that it wants to give up in this moment. In fact, besides the sensation of being stared at, watched, and listened to... the egg does nothing more. As soon as it came, it was gone again. It had no desire to speak.
houllow

Perfect Isn't Easy Egg
Oh, a palette cleanser, thank Faranth! The egg, still slightly offended by the touch of poor Torin, seems immensely pleased by Akaris. At least this one has enough sense to look good and be well-put together! Now hurry along, don't hesitate, tell this egg how good IT looks! Don't think of the other drab eggs, psh. Think of it. Isn't it a darling egg? Isn't it wonderful?
Meepfur

Remember Me Egg
The egg focuses on Andrestia and seems amused by the thought. It... It doesn't know if it can sing like a bird. It could try though! And it does love so to sing. The egg vibrates again, as if it the being inside was humming, or at least doing its best to sing. Perhaps she would sing a song to it?
stella cinere

Avada Kedavra Egg
The egg would turn towards Vodex and once again, force its will onto the other. It was not necessarily pleasant, looking for secrets, and certainly leaving the Candidate feeling judged. Fun? Who has time for fun? Certainly not this egg.
stella cinere

Perfect Isn't Easy Egg
Another pretty one! Oh yes, this is exactly what this egg wanted and needed. To be surrounded by beautiful people, and for each and every one of the to admire it! Oh honey, you're not fat--just under-tall and maybe lay off the sweet, eh? Oh but you're not here to talk about yourself. You're here to talk about how perfect this egg is. And it IS perfect isn't it? Now sing its praises.... Go on now. It's waiting.
Teiha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:54 pm
The blue had been on high alert from the start, orange eyes trailing every hint of movement, every stray flicker of emotion from the candidates on the sands near his Fianth’s clutch. Thise near Rhianth’s too had his notice, but he knew well that their own parents were minding them more closely. He had cast a look to Rixth when the bronze had joined them, but he could not begrudge him his presence. Even if he did lean a bit closer to Fianth then.

A shout from one of his (perfect, precious) eggs sent the blue’s eyes blood red—for only a moment—and he nuzzled Fianth before slowly, carefully, he rose. Baby Mine had not sounded unhappy, which would be those near it’s saving grace. I’m here... The blue rumbled, before he began to walk. An unerringly straight path, claws shifting to leave eggs undisturbed (though he left it to the candidates themselves to mind his passage) as he crossed to the tiny egg. How many times had he picked his way through the clutch? Enough to have no fear of trodding upon any of the tiny treasures, that was for sure.

Upon reaching the squalling egg, he dipped his blunt snout to whuff at the shell, the blast of warm air ruffling everyone near Baby Mine, Ruunan and Tiznia’s hair and clothing. I am here, little jewel of my hearts. What has upset you so? The blue eyed those near as he slowly, with more care than his huge bulk belied, sagged to lay alongside the noisy egg. It left him across the clutch from his Fianth, but thankfully to the wandering candidates, mostly out of their way. With tender care the blue nudged and turned the egg, clearly inclined to dote on the little pink thing.

Uta
Sweet Symmetry
Thaliawen

ShinosBee

Nerd

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:56 pm

tatterpixie

Expelliarmus Egg

The egg beneath Tokki's hand felt warm to the touch. As if the infant dragonet was curled just beneath his palm. A pleasant burble of thought burst forth from the egg, stretching up to reach Tokki. Oh, the egg liked him! Such a good heart in this one. He would get a sense of approval from within the shell, a strength that lifted him up even as he stood tall.

I'll Make a Man out of You Egg

Curiosity flooded the egg at the girl's touch, and the baby seemed to lean slightly against the side of its egg, rocking it somewhat. It had the strangest sense that it was facing another kindred spirit. Pleased, it let a hint of that good feeling wash back against her.

Andranis

Death Eater Egg

They should notice it. It was a splendid egg... if somewhat less outgoing than the majority of its siblings. But why should it be? It was better than those who touched it. There was no way, no way at all that every Candidate would notice its majesty. But she had. Perhaps that meant something.

medigel

Expecto Patronum

Yes, came the simple, soft reply. A dreamy, yet watchful presence filled Orri's mind. This egg had considerable power of personality, but it seemed to be holding back. Perhaps it did not want to overwhelm him. Or perhaps it did not sense within him any threat.

ShinosBee

Nimbus 2000 Egg

No, the egg sulked. It was not having a good time! Everyone was touching Firebolt and not it! Didn't it deserve to be touched? Wasn't it good enough? It was going to fly so much higher, just let it hatch! There was a distinct sense of jealousy emanating from the egg... one that was growing.

Sinders Path

Someday My Prince Will Come Egg

... If it were possible for an egg to blush, this egg would have. Oh! Well. What was that? The egg didn't quite understand where those thoughts were going. But. Was that also romance?

houllow

Death Eater Egg

Let Haveli get one thing straight. The egg had been here. Haveli was coming to it. That said, it saw no reason why it should not be having a good time. Of course, given the quality of the individuals who had dared to touch hand to shell, well... it wouldn't necessarily qualify it as a 'good' time. Acceptable, maybe.

Avid_RPer18

Hufflepuff Egg

Oh goodness! The Hufflepuff egg didn't mind an introduction at all. Oh dear. Was he quite all right? Could the egg do anything for him? He seemed a trifle upset, and that just wouldn't do. Maybe if he tried laying in the sand he'd feel better. Sometimes its mother or father would roll it so kindly. That always seemed to do the trick.

Expecto Patronum

A sense of greeting met her thoughts, and the egg turned its attention to Solameya. She was a bit older than some of the others, wasn't she? Did she have a lot of experience protecting the rest? For some reason, this question seemed really important to the egg. It could have dug more deeply to discover the answer itself, but it wanted to ask.

houllow

A hint of disapproval threaded through the egg. It could handle being leaned on, but trying to intentionally get a response like that out of one of its siblings just wouldn't be tolerated. So don't tread on them. Still, Fisher didn't seem to mean any harm. It just didn't want her to try that approach.

faesinger

Slytherin Egg

A silence greeted the girl as she placed her hand against the egg's shell. Then, slowly, the being within stretched out its awareness to encompass her. There was potential there, it decided. Not, perhaps, as much as might be hoped, but potential all the same.

Thaliawen

The egg weighed Tizenia as she stretched her hand across it. Hmm. This one needed protection. Yet the egg did not give a strong response, except to offer up the thought that she was very safe where she was. Very safe indeed.

ShinosBee

Friends on the Other Side

What was cake, and was the egg going to get any? A curious acquisitiveness suffused the egg and the Candidate, binding them together for a moment. Cake was a new thought. Whatever that might be. A food?

Bring it cake!

Daffupanda

Bravery, the egg thought, was facing one's fears even when they seemed too much. The egg feared nothing more than the egg loved its family. It would protect them with all of its diminutive might. This sweet girl would receive a well of protective strength from the egg, and a sense of faint approval.

Meepfur

Expelliarmus Egg

A surge of power erupted from the egg as Talis laid her hand upon it. She was safe, and would be safe. It would see to that. She need not worry if one of its siblings was misbehaving - it would ensure that nothing harmed her.

NovaCracker

Amortentia Egg

The girl that touched its egg was sweet... if a bit more innocent than Amortentia preferred. The egg blossomed with a warm sense of welcome, a luring and seductive lull. Stay awhile with the egg, it seemed to all but whisper.

Teiha

Amortentia Egg

Hmmmm. Something seemed familiar about this Candidate. Did he know someone that it knew? That it liked, perhaps? Curiously, the egg delved about... caught by the image of someone in particular. But who? All the while, it gave off a dreamy, happy sense.

Princess_Feylin

Crucio Egg

Probably, the egg agreed. All of her fears, her feelings of inadequacy, it threw back in her face. Was she frightened? She should be. Oh, there was so much to be frightened of. Not that Crucio was afraid. Oh no, it was having a grand time.

demon_pachabel

The egg wanted to be out fighting already! There was an entire sky full of Thread surely waiting for it! Whatever that was. It had gotten the distinct sense from its father about fighting and flames. It wanted to protect everyone it cared about. Did he?

Oh! Oh, oh yes! Please! It wanted to see the last one! Oh, it wanted that so much! Yes, please! It was excited to meet its match. So very thrilled. Did she know what that felt like? Did she want to meet hers? What a magical moment it would be, surely.

SilverLutz

Expelliarmus Egg

The other clutch, Expelliarmus pointed out, had three minders. Its clutch, on the other hand, only had two. Maybe that was the difference. It didn't move from its position against the shell, merely drinking in everything that Shar had to bring. Was she in charge of those other two?

tatterpixie

Nimbus 2000 Egg

A good one, the egg opined. Surely, given that he had noticed it, he was a cut above the rest. It liked being noticed, and liked even better that it was recognized for the quality that it could bring to any situation. No doubt he was very much the same!

Prism Shine

Was she in love with the Searchrider? What was a Searchrider? Was it terribly romantic? The egg hung on her every thought, waiting hopefully for more details. Surely she would not mind telling.

ShinosBee

Hufflepuff Egg

Oh! Oh, it wasn't... it wasn't nearly as good as Falienn! But it was so pleased that he thought so. Maybe they would both be lucky and he would be the one! But... but surely he wanted a better egg? It had so many wonderful siblings. Still, the egg knew that its work was not over yet, and sent another warm, welcoming thought to him. A surge of acceptance and unconditional love that seemed to have no bounds.

Shaddaling

What was this Nabol place? Was it... was it very dreadful? The sweet, soft egg was suddenly a little worried. Was everyone safe? Did it need to call an adult? His little sister would be very safe if the egg called its papa!

Shaddaling

Hufflepuff Egg

When the boy laid his hand against it shell, the Hufflepuff Egg reeled. The powerful bite of Sectumsempera seemed almost to linger. Oh no! Had its naughty sibling done that to him? But oh, how wonderful that girl seemed to be! Perhaps he might see her? The egg tried to conceal how much its sibling's thoughts had upset it, focusing rather on what Rylyrr seemed to be trying to shift matters to.

demon_pachabel

Hufflepuff Egg

Oh. It. No, it wasn't... it. Oh dear. Yes, it wasn't very important... and didn't need to be first. Why would it be? There were so many wonderful eggs between the two clutches, and surely she might visit them. It tried hard to be worthy, but sometimes it was a little exhausting. Just now, the egg was a little tired. Especially after the emotional outburst its sibling had made. Was she sure that she wanted to be there? It... she could move on, if she felt pressured to go somewhere she didn't wish.

Tsunake

The egg warmed up pleasantly, sending positive thoughts to the boy. He was very nice, and surely would find a wonderful match. It was glad to have met him, as well!

stella cinere

Slytherin Egg

Don't worry, the Slytherin egg whispered. Things would all turn out exactly the way that it wanted them to. No doubt he didn't entirely understand, but that was all to the good. How interesting, indeed, that he had noticed that it had such plans.

faesinger

Nimbus 2000

Soon! The Nimbus 2000 egg was going to be up, up, up! Oh, how wonderful it thought that would be. Free to be out and about, to explore every nook and cranny! It wanted to hatch first, it confided in him. But it wasn't sure that would happen.

magnadearel

Hufflepuff Egg

Shyly, the Hufflepuff egg offered up a greeting. Did he... was he sure that he wanted to touch it? There were certainly flashier eggs present. It didn't want to disappoint him.

Uta

Slytherin Egg

Well hello, the Slytherin egg seemed to half-purr, half-hiss. My, my, my, but wasn't he the fine catch? Oh, it certainly was interested in the touch of this distinguished young man. Do, touch it again. It wasn't finished being cooed over just yet. Did he share its ambitions, or would he prove to be a disappointment as a certain other had? No, it decided. This one would not let it down.

faesinger

Slytherin Egg

Excuse. She'd been practically gushing over another, and she dared to bring not even one thought to it? Pah.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:03 pm

((Fehral, male pronouns))

----

Oblivious to the chaos that seemed to be stirring up, Fehral wove between the eggs, seeking out those which had not yet been touched as much as the others. There was one in particular that had only had a few visitors. Curious as he was, the young man walked up to the Be Prepared egg, and placed his hand upon its shell. His thoughts were carefully neutral, erring on the side of positive. He wasn't sure what might set it off.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:23 am
Orri

A watcher, then? It was admirable that even before it hatched, the egg wanted so strongly to protect. Orri understood. He thought of his father Herg'r and bronze Hyglath bellowing with ferocious joy as they flamed Thread down, of the tales he had gotten while growing up when Herg'r visited Cauldron Cothold: of heroic ventures, mighty deeds, losses incurred that spurred the living into action. Was it any wonder why Orri held dragonriders in such high esteem, why he so desperately wanted to join their ranks? He couldn't imagine any other goal, anything better than to help Pern, if a dragon saw him worthy enough.

But his mind was wandering, and he needn't trouble the egg with his own wants. "Let yourself breathe, too," he told Expecto Patronum with a little smile. "Even watchers need to rest."

Orri took his time winding back towards Falienn. He seemed a little more relaxed than before; maybe the Hufflepuff egg was helping that along. Good! In spite of Sectumsepra's outburst, the Touching was going well, doubly so if Mr. Doubter was starting to let it sink in. He stood to the side patiently until, at length, when he thought it would start becoming too apparent, he put a gentle hand on Falienn's shoulder. A simple gesture that said it was time to move on, followed by another with his chin stating Falienn could lead this time.

He didn't ask what the egg had told him, but Orri did seem to be smiling a bit brighter.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:40 am
Tarnaria couldn't help crooning lightly at the egg, giving it a last stroke. "I should go visit your clutchmates, perhaps later I can give you a little attention." Sparing it a glance, she moved on to the next egg. Or, she started to. She found herself looking around at them all, pondering who to go to next. Finally, she made up her mind, heading over to the Crucio Egg. Ever so gently, she reached for its shell, before withdrawing. "You don't seem too amused by us all... But you'll find yours." Finally, Tarnaria placed her hand on the shell, rubbing gently. "Perhaps you'll skip all the frivolity of looking and head straight for them. You seem the type, to me, I think. Why waste your time when you can nudge everybody aside to reach your goal?" She couldn't help smiling, just a bit. "You'll make a fine dragon, regardless!"  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:42 am
Elyk - High Reaches

Elyk smiled to himself at the reaction he got from the A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes egg. Such a kind and sweet soul this little one was. I'm well. I'm hoping to find mine this time. It could be you or perhaps one of your siblings or maybe not, but hopefully I'll be able to find him/her eventually. He shared with the little egg, giving it a few pats encouragingly. You deserve all the attention that you can get here too. So that you can find the one who's meant for you.

Wishing the little egg well, he decided that it was time that he moved on to check out the eggs in the other clutch. Just how much more time did they have anyway? Hopefully he would be able to touch at least an egg or two before the parents decided that their little ones had enough for the day.

Stopping to take a look at all of the lovely eggs in the second clutch, he decided to approach the Avada Kedavra egg, frowning a little to himself as soon as he sensed the discomfort from the little one that was within upon touching the egg. Are you... alright? Did any of us do something wrong to upset you so..? He asked tentatively.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games