Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:18 pm
FISHER

Fisher was about to yawn again when she was nudged, and she blearily looked down towards Kinye and listened to her words. A chuckle escape and the teen rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "Yeah, a little maybe. The sands are nice an'all the sounds sorta remind me of the boat. I know I should be payin' more attention but..." She paused. "Was that what y'all call an Impression? An' that one headin' over, a gold? She's kinda dark an'pretty, I like it."

She liked darker dragons, Fisher was coming to find. Not that bright ones were bad, she just had shade preferences. Maybe it was looking at the night sky that influenced it, or maybe bright colors hurt her eyes WHO KNEW.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:19 pm
Saekagi Immediately turned his gaze to the sand for a few heartbeats, before his gaze flew back up furtively to watch the dragons, though his eyes made every effort to dance past Haveli, or anything directly next to Haveli, on the off chance she glare at him again as his stomach fluttered weakly and sank slowly into the pit of his stomach.

Maybe she was right to glare, maybe he didn't belong here. Maybe that was why dragons walked over top of him, maybe he was SUCH a poor fit that they couldn't notice him, any more than they'd notice, say, a bucket of meat as far as impression went.

He winced internally at the thought, and let his eyes drift back down toward his sandals. The dragons would know, he just... had to wait. Right? He'd age out eventually and he could pick up SOME skills on the side.... he'd be useful anyway, in some way.

houllow

medigel

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:22 pm
Jeri couldn't help but let out a squeal as the first Impression was made -- the merry little bronze to the big miner boy Sulamol. She grabbed Helane and bounced. "Oh Faranth, that's so precious I'm gonna cryyyyy" she wailed (softly, as she didn't want to get in trouble again). Then the shy little Hufflepuff dragonet emerged, revealing herself to be...

A QUEEN!!!

and Jeri's hands flew to her mouth as she gasped loudly. "OH FARANTH OH BABY OH SWEET LITTLE GOLDEN BABY"

It was no wonder the tall girl hadn't Impressed before.

Revel1984

demon_pachabel

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:23 pm
There was a gentle wiggle of the blue striped egg off to one side of Fianth's clutch. It wiggled once. Then twice.

Then, Let It Go stilled.

After a moment, a very gentle crack formed in the egg's surface.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:25 pm
Helane grabbed hold of Jeri in return "I KNOW!" ... caught herself, "i know... how exciting! aaaaaaah" she was on the verge of bursting and it had barely all started, she was going to explode before long, she was sure.

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:26 pm
Nonami - Western Candidate

Oh, there was so much going on. The little green-y bronze was quite lovely, a proud little baby--and they should be! First on the sands! But a voice calling their name made them turn-- and light up a bit as the familiar face of their sister finally caught their gaze. “Amare!” They’d crossed the distance as quickly as they dared without running, reaching to slip their hand in hers. Oh, but.. they weren’t alone. Shyly, Nonami waved to Dynzrak, going for a greeting--

But Rhianth’s roar made them utterly jump, squeaking quietly as they pressed a bit closer to Amare’s side. O-oh.. Just, someone had upset the bronze baby… More hatching, and--oh! An impression! But.. The sight of the little hufflepuff crawling from the shell made them gasp. A little queen! Wasn’t she cute..

Mr Cheri

Tsunake

/ / / /

Cavera - High Reaches Candidate

Gently, she nudged Rizdax, excitement a slow-bubble in her. “Of course, I’m glad I found you all before it got super crowded!” She beamed at Zamistia, waving. “Hello!” Which it was.. Most definitely was getting crowded. She bounced slightly, peeking about to try and gain some insight to what was happening. Two bronzes had hatched… Oh, one of them had Impressed! A green had hatched, and.. Was that a queen? No, that certainly was a little gold. What a darling!

Hattaki

“Dea and #Teddy#“

/ / / /

Tuelarua - High Reaches Candidate

With her focus on the hatching, Tuelarua had barely been aware of what was happening around her. Two bronzes, two greens, and now a queen? Quite a way to start off a morning hatching.. Rhianth’s roar and growls had shaken her a tad, taking a step back, and -- finally seemed to focus on those around her. Namely, the one candidate she had found herself idly wondering about.

It was an odd sense of wonder that she kept near bumping into him--had bumped into him once, truthfully. Yet she can’t help but feel a bit more secure with him there, even if it was a growing, odd feeling. Tuela gently shifted on her sandals, and found herself inching a bit closer to him--accidentally or no. Should she say something? Perhaps not now, but…

Despite herself, she gently reached forward, gently touching his wrist. “Good luck.”  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:26 pm
Lesta
She watched the babies interact, cringing every time Rhianth growled. It had been so long since she’d stood for a hatch, she’d forgotten how much went on at once. She wasn’t particularly afraid, but she was uncomfortable. The sand was so hot. And she didn’t really know anyone. And… all these bronzes. They were beautiful, but not for her. She was glad to see the green cavorting around, and that was enough to make her smile, just a little. She almost glanced at the stands, but pulled her eyes back just in time.

The third metallic, which she’d assumed would also be bronze because of its dark feet, turned out to be… gold. And so early in the hatch! She looked around at all the other girls. One of this decidedly large crowd would walk off the sands with her today. She certainly had her pick!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:30 pm
Jemaselle- Jemi

"Well, that a surprise but good for that egg." Jemi looked at the little gold slowly making her way from her father and onto the sands. Cute little thing, shy but nothing wrong with that. There was a lot of people here and she didn't know them really, just brief touches from those that had laid a hand on her egg. "Your doing good little lady." Now she just had to impress. "Bet you are going to go so far." She grinned widely.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:32 pm
Arlie (phone)

She bobbed her head at Saekagi in frantic agreement. Scary, yes, but not all of them were bad...she thought...For instance, the shy gold! Oh, Arlie cooed as the baby peeked around from her father. For only the slightest moment, she let Haveli’s idea wrap up in her thoughts. But only for just that.

Then she did take her sister’s hand and squeezed. Stop being mean, she was quietly asking, though there was about as much force in it as a child’s grasp. They needed to make friends, right? And it was good she was trying to do that, right?

“S-So did you like any you Touched?” she asked Saekagi, trying to keep up a conversation as they watched. He was skittish. She was skittish. This was FINE.

houllow

Ryuthulu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:34 pm
Dehka

"They all are!" He agreed happily, much relieved that the green had helped its cousin break free. Soui received a beam for a moment before Dehka made a delighted sound. One of the bronzes had found Theirs! A big, scary looking man... but, he reasoned suddenly, appearances meant nothing, and he was a little ashamed of himself for even thinking such a thing.

That was when he saw the little gold, and he watched with wide eyes, quickly looking at Soui. "It is a queen!" He whispered, feeling himself starting to grin. How lucky!

houllow

--

Lauthisen

One of the bronzes had made his choice... and almost timidly, a gold crept out from behind Kronoseth. Two greens now, and now this tiny queen. He eyed the young woman next to him with arched brows. "Hopefully we behave still." He agreed...

Such an anxious gold. With luck, everyone would keep from frightening her, and she'd find Hers without issue...

--

Iathe

Well, she certainly hadn't missed Zyamel's tone, eyeing her a bit sharply. And then Roana had her rolling her eyes, the tension effectively dispelled. Fortunately, Martirae wasn't the sort of easily get offended (a claim that she herself could not make), and Iathe snorted to herself. "There's room." She offered, briefly smiling until she realized that yes, indeed, that was a queen that had emerged from Hufflepuff...

She watched her careful approach, doing her best to keep her thoughts calm and steady. Excited? Yes, despite herself, but she had no desire to place the young queen on the spot and upset her further. Her smile towards Marty was a little strained, but grateful.

Sinders Path

demon_pachabel

Uta

--

Dynzrak

Impression, and to a big brute of a man. Dynzrak nodded thoughtfully to himself, but his gaze immediately drew itself back to Slytherin. How could he look away? Of course, the sudden whisper that rippled through the girls was enough to make him tilt his head--and that was when he saw her. "Ahh... and here she is." He purred in turn, nodding towards the small gold.

Soon, his attention fell upon Nonami, his lips curling into a smile as he noticed that they'd taken Amare's hand. "And who's this little sweet?" He asked, brows lifting expectantly.

Mr Cheri

Prism Shine

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Rian-chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:37 pm
Hyseren
So much was happening all at once and it was hard to keep track but as the helpful bronze made his way back towards where Hyseren was standing he paid very close attention. It seemed to know exactly who it was searching for and he stepped a bit to the side, clearing a path as it came his way. Turning to follow the progress he smiled and clapped happily when he saw a glimpse of rainbow swirling in its eyes before it rested it's wings around the man who had been standing not too far off. "Congratulations!" he called just loud enough to be heard by the pair but not disturb the whole gathering. He watched for a few moments more wondering if he might get to experience a moment like that sometime this morning as well, before turning his attention back to the clutches and his eyes widened as he spied a nearby egg wiggling. What could be inside this one?

Haelwen
Haelwen really wasn't that caught up on the color of dragons, she thought all of them were quite fascinating and beautiful regardless of color, but she knew this Weyr was more traditional and she wondered how they felt now that a bronze had both hatched first from each clutch, and been first to impress.
She couldn't ponder over it for long though because the Hufflepuff dragonet came out of hiding. To say she hadn't gasped when it emerged and revealed itself as a gold would be a lie. Oh, just look at her shimmering, and she seemed to be heading this way. Haelwen watched curiously as the baby approached Hello there, so glad to see you, welcome~ she thought cheerfully but not overly enthusiastic, she didn't want to spook the shy girl again.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:40 pm

The little, round baby seemed to be making a beeline for a particular group of girls. Was it... Zyamel? ... No, not Zyamel. Was it Iathe? ... No... no, not Iathe. Was it... Roana? No.

Staring between them all, she finally looked up into Martirae's eyes. Oh! there she was!

Relieved that her long search had at last yielded results, the baby placed a paw delicately onto Marty's knee. That seemed to exhaust her, for the time being, but when she turned her gaze back up, her eyes were whirling with a rainbow of colors.

Martirae, your Anakumath is sorry. It took so very long to find you, but if... if you don't want to be mine, I will understand. There are so many who are better. Who would, perhaps, be better suited the fierce, proud woman.

User Image

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:41 pm
Saekagi

"I um..." Oh Faranth he was going to sound so stupid, and all he could think of was that thought of 'and look stupid the entire time you're doing it' bit he'd gotten lodged in his head at the start. "....I... forgot." He coughed, embarrassed, and looked away. "I mean I thought some of them liked me before..."

He reached up and rubbed the heel of his hand against his cheekbone, trying to dismiss the memory of sharp claws -very- close to his eyes. "I guess some of them were alright with me but I mean.... I thought that before and..."

"...It'll be fine. You'll be fine." He asserted, if only because, he was after all right here, and if a dragon was going to stomp someone into the ground to prove a point, he suspected it would be him.

medigel

houllow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:44 pm
Zeraiah

Was that how it happened? If a dragon chose you, they hugged you like that? Not according to the tales the Candidatemaster told, but hadn't it been said that every Impression was unique, too? Zeraiah didn't realize he'd been holding his breath until the hug was proven to be really that, and not a clever way for a dragonet to snatch a snack. Then he exhaled a huge breath and a little nervous laughter. Good. Yes, good. The looks on their faces, dragon and new rider -- no, Weyrling -- alike told the story and it was good.

A slow smile edged the corners of his mouth up and he stood z little taller, attention back on the dragonets who hadn't chosen yet. Good.

----
Niobet and Aedeth

The wave of satisfaction that rolled off Aedeth when the light proved that the shy little queen was, in fact, a gold threatened to topple Niobet from her seat. In truth, Niobet hadn't expected a gold from either clutch, but when it came to hatching, surprises were the rule.

For now, she'd have to figure out how to temper her own partner's delight. You'd think you'd laid her egg yourself, she teased.

No, the gold all but purred. You will have to wait. You will see.  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:45 pm
SOUI

Soui felt her stomach drop as soon as she heard Dehka's words and as soon as she saw the small Queen emerge from the egg. She'd....upset a Queen at the touching? She'd caused emotional distress to such an important figure in the Weyr? Someone like her, who wanted the sands beneath her to open up and swallow her? A hand was placed on Dehka's arm, and her fingers softly gripped at his robe. "Dehka....I upset that egg. I was the one who caused it - her - to cry out for her father at the touching." Her words were steady despite the tremble of her hand and the faint tugging of white clothing. "Dehka I....I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't let her see me, not after what I did to her."

Yet Soui made no attempts to move, instead she stayed where she was and watched the small, dark gold come towards the girls. If she ran it would make things worse, if she cried she would make things worse - and...and...hadn't what she wanted all along to do was apologize from before? To look the dragonet in the face and say she was so happy to see her, so proud of her for coming out despite the fear and hesitation?

Maybe those words were directed to herself as her thoughts swam in so many different directions. Maybe this was why her parents had told her she was too young and stupid to stand, that she was making a mistake trying to be anything but a healer. She was too naive. Her hand trembled again, and she leaned against Dehka.

But...it looked like she didn't need to worry. The dragonet quickly passed over and went straight to someone, not even looking her way. It was....for the best. This was what was supposed to happen, and while there was an ache there was also relief. She knew Marty, she liked Marty.

This was for the best, and she was happy.

Tsunake

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games