Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Hatching] In Their Eyes Shine Stars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:09 pm
Throughout the bloodshed, the Candy Cane Egg began to wiggle. Not hard at first, but a little shake here, a little shimmy there. Only those still focused upon the eggs would notice.

- - -

Blue Holly eventually managed to get to his feet (with tender help from Haveli). He gave her face a fond little nuzzle, eyes whirling a bright green. Oh--yes--Finding Mine--that's exactly what I'm meant to do! The reminder hit him like a ton of bricks, and with a happy wave of good cheer and excitement, he quite suddenly scampered off and back into the fray.

As a parting gift to the trio, he did add, Feel better soon! Don't eat the bandages! Thanks for the walking tips! It was genuine and serene sage advice and then he was gone--letting them patch each other up as he began the hunt.

Well, he wasn't the First Impressed, but he had won that game by far! Nicest Candidates to trip over--yeehaw! He'd been the first to wobble, and the first to run, and the first to find the nicest Candidates to trip over. That was three wins---all his!! He was likely wining the game of who-has-the-most-wins too.

Bugling triumphantly, the blue plunged himself right back into the thick of things. Now. His. His. His. Who out there was a winner?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:09 pm
Haveli

Even though she'd attempted her own first aid it wasn't long before the healers came out in proper force and had her looked over. Apart from the obvious gash on her thigh she had minor cuts and scrapes, all things that would heal with spit and time rather than a need for medicine. The leg wound would probably need therapy, or she'd need a crutch, but for now she could just stand on the sands and blearily look out at the assembled group.

A bronze and brown, three blues. A green. Her head hurt. Her leg hurt. Her chest oddly ached and that pissed her off too, but Mother and the others were watching and she needed to keep standing to show her getting injured hadn't been her fault like before. That she didn't have this death wish or whatever, instead a drive to keep standing and standing for the next five turns or so until she aged out and maybe took up butchery. She was oddly good at butchering, maybe she could offer to help prep the buckets for candidates in the future.

Wouldn't they be proud to know she had that goal at least? Maybe it was the blood loss making her think weird thoughts. Blood loss and heat, and oh - a bronze was comforting Kinyegele. A sweet girl, not a surprise at all to see even bronzes wanted to be near her; the blue with his parents.

Shards, her leg hurt.

Maybe it would be best if she just walked to the healers and asked to sit out the rest of the hatching? Not really waving a flag of defeat, just admitting she felt pathetic despite the fact others who'd been proper mauled were coming back out. Good on them for enduring pain.

Haveli hated pain.

At least the little blue had been kind, giving her a nuzzle before heading out. She wished him well, she truly did. Whomever he turned his eyes to would be lucky, she thought, if only because by then he'd have mastered walking and they weren't likely to get gouged like this.

Shells.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:12 pm
Quote:
Ruunan [HR] - 17 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter

He was glad; the fighting brothers had Impressed, and Healers were attending to the wounded. Ruunan was glad his dignity was more roughed up than his knees. He watched the remaining dragonets with a renewed sense of hope, fear (and frustration) ebbing away.

He took a deep breath, eyes watching Santa Bronze's progress through the candidates, before drifting to Snowman blue. It's okay... We all want to meet you, so in your own time... When you feel ready... We'll be here. The blue's shyness resonated with him, and he so desperately wanted to reach out and show the newborn he was just as welcome to live like the rest of them...

Had Nyara seen that kind of shyness in him? Had she tried to force him out of his comfort zone? Too late to ask, for now a whole world seemed to separate them. He glanced up at the Stands, hoping to catch her gaze, before returning his attention to the hatchlings.

sariraii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:14 pm
Urzoh - HR - [she/her]

Look at the little blue run! It had been the one to bump into her earlier. Now he was about galloping his way though the fray. Urzoh shuffled from foot to foot, trying to cool herself off a bit. Eagle eyes jumping from the babies milling about and escaping their shells. You can do it babies, she mentally cheered. They were doing awesome, hatching into such strong, vibrant dragons. The bronze lingering at a female candidate was interesting. Even thought she was tall, she still stood on her toes to get a better look at the sweetly unsual moment.  

Spockat

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:14 pm
The bronze neared but it hadn’t come for Ionan. It’d come to greet Kinye! His eyes widened and he smiled. She must have made quite an impression on the dragonet for him to go out of his way. She’d let go of his hand to pet the baby. He was certainly sweet!

“Good luck finding yours!” He said. He looked to Kinye. How lucky! She’d made a friend.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:17 pm
Ryala

Seeing the bronze ripping out a chunk of flesh from his brown brother, Ryala winced. Shards! Would the brown be ok? It seemed so, as the bronze Impressed, and then the brown struggled to reach his chosen rider as well. She fervently hoped that the Healers could help the brown!

Meanwhile, the gleaming hide of the new bronze seemed to be in motion now. Stopping at first one person, then another, he seemed to be looking for just the right person.

The blue who had taken refuge with his mother seemed to be seeking comfort still. Was the poor lad uncertain, fearing being attacked? Or was there some other factor at work? Oh, the poor dear...  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:18 pm

As if summoned by the mention of hatching, the Red and Green Present Egg and the Snowflake Egg began to wobble. The former wobbled gently from side to side, but the latter seemed fit to fall over! Shake, shake, shake... scritch! Scritch, scritch, scrichety, scritch!

... Creeeeaaak.

Flomph.

Well. The egg was on its side, but it wasn't open. Shards.

I thought it impolitic to mention, but yes, there was that. The Santa bronze had some rather important matters to attend to, unfortunately, so with another nuzzle, he returned to his rounds. There were quite a lot of boys to sift through, after all. One did one's best, but the task would need to begin immediately to accommodate that number of Candidates.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:18 pm
Tuelarua - HR Candidate, She/Her/Hers

Her gaze shifted as Holly blue began to make his way away from his detour where he’d been tangled with other candidates, happy that he was on his feet and moving again. Though her varied wounds stung, even as the mild numbweed worked their way into making the pain bearable, the sweetness of the egg she’d visited still warmed her heart. Go, sweet boy. Find your rider. No doubt they would be fantastic together.

Candycane Egg moving caught her eye, and Tuelarua waited.

-----------

Ahula - HR Candidate - She/Her

A bronze stopping to look at one of the female candidates was a bit unusual, though looked rather sweet. Oh how temperaments between brothers could vary so differently. But dragons were all unique, were they not?

The little candycane egg moving caught her ey  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:21 pm
Juhvek

It seemed the fighting brothers had impressed - good, less potential harm to come into the candidates from there. Another bronze had come to start scoping out all of the boys and while he kept a curious eye on him (he seemed rather harmless, letting one of the girls touch him without any fear), he was watching the Holly Blue and the Snowman Blue with the most interest.

"How about we send some good thoughts to that little guy?" Juhvek suggested, jerking his chin towards the anxious little blue that was near frozen with indecision near his mother. "He looks like he needs them," and surely it was easier than fretting over the rest of the chaos around them. It was more productive, at least.

If you would like, I would be honored to meet you little one, Juhvek offered for starters.

Magnadearel

Meepfur

Tsunake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:25 pm
Rahmsii - HR - [he/him]

Rahmsii was so relieved to see Tuelarue still standing. He gave a small shrug, hoping to come off more relaxed than he was. Poor Miela… she was in the hands of the flock of healers. Any other occasion he would have awkwardly helped wherever he could. But now, he could keep his thoughts warm for these newborns, and check in on his friend afterward. A small flicker of hope was warm in his chest. She’d be alright, she had to be.

More eggs shook. Other’s splintered to show off the beautiful dragon within. He watched the poise of the bronze walking across the sands. The shyness of a blue. They were all moments old, and so spirited. He loved watching, seeing them confident in their first steps. His firelizards had been such ungainly (screaming, and loved) creatures when their shells cracked. He would never tire seeing dragons make their way onto the sands.  

Spockat

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:26 pm
Oh!

Oh there he was!

The moment he saw him, the leggy Holly Blue gave a trumpet of joy. There was no mistaking that he had found His, and in short order, he made a bee-line straight for the winner!

Aroontwa! Aroontwa, Mine, your Mikkeluth finally found you! This is the best. day. ever! I met the nicest Candidates--though not as nice as you--and I learned how to walk, and I learned how to fall, and I learned how to get up--except it's nice when someone does it for you--and I won three whole things!! But you know what the best part is? I get to spend the rest of my life with you! You're a winner in my book, and I don't even know what a book is!

There was no doubting the love that radiated from the enthusiastic and sweet dragon. For once in his life, there was no pouncing, there was no jumping, there was no tumbling. There was nothing but sweet, genuine, tenderness as the little blue pressed his head into his new lifemates chest, while his eyes whiled nothing but rainbows.

User Image

faesinger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:32 pm
Candidate Nalacko - she/her

A couple more eggs wobbled though they weren't quite ready yet to come out. Nala nodded, "he looks terrified." Too much attention or not enough? She could sympathize. It'll be better once you find yours, she thought. She hoped the blue would find his without trouble. Ah, the sweet Holly blue had found his. Just like that, Nala followed up for his benefit.

demon_pachabel
Juhvek

Tsunake
Oranie

Meepfur
Elibrie

magnadearel

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:33 pm
Tuelarua - HR Candidate, She/Her/Hers

And just as she had wished it, little Holly blue had found His. She can’t help but beam, happy for the little one and his chosen rider. But Snowflake Egg had started to move, and Tuela couldn’t help but gasp as it fell over. It’s soft, and her face colors a touch as the noise leaves her, but she cleared her throat slightly to cover up the noise.

No doubt the exuberance that the egg had shaken with could get the little dragon within free. Come on little one! You can do it!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:36 pm
T'nus

There had been very few, if any, snags thus far in the hatching and T'nus was somewhat relieved. The attack on one of their younger candidates by a blue had caused some unease, and when it had let up there was faint relief followed by a mental note of who did what, what caused what. T'nus was capable of worry, truly, but he also needed to do his job and make sure thing were safe, rules were followed.

Or he could simply let them slide for today, or at least be stretched in a tiny manner. Minimuth was too busy in his own thoughts to really care, and it looked as though three Impressions had successfully happened. He knew the faces and would be sure to offer his congratulations later to them, or all of them.

He would also be visiting the infirmary, it seemed, and a few candidates who were still on the sands yet bore a red mark. They'd need spoken to, if only for a status update. Especially that one.

---------

Haveli

Oh, had he Impressed? Good on him, too bad he hadn't done that before he plowed her down, but Haveli was willing to dismiss it. For the greater good, if the dragonet remembered her; it was so useful to have allies here and there.

More eggs were moving, and Haveli watched them. Mel's presence at her side was starting to drift away, replaced with the clear thoughts of nothing except the occasional red of pain. Was she going to ...have a limp?

Nah, she was going to be fine.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:58 pm
Aroontwa - Western he/him

Oh dear oh dear. The brown was so hurt. Oh GOOD. He got his to help him. Aroontwa bounced in happiness as the brown was scooped up to go see the healers. He turned his attention back to the other dragons on the Sands and as impressed by the regal bronze, even if he knew that wasn’t for him.

The blue though. The one that was flopping everywhere. He was delightful and seemed so very happy to exist. Aroontwa would love to meet the blue after the Hatching. He seemed like such a perfect…oh! He was coming this way. He would get to say hi at least before the blue went on his way! Yay! Another bounce was made.

Aroontwa! Aroontwa, Mine, your Mikkeluth finally found you! This is the best. day. ever! I met the nicest Candidates--though not as nice as you--and I learned how to walk, and I learned how to fall, and I learned how to get up--except it's nice when someone does it for you--and I won three whole things!! But you know what the best part is? I get to spend the rest of my life with you! You're a winner in my book, and I don't even know what a book is!

… … oh goodness… he was talking TO HIM! Yes! So much yes! Aroontwa was so excited about being talked to by a dragon that the fact that he had impressed had not registered. The simple joy of getting to meet him was great.

AroontwaMine! We have so much to do and so much to win. Look over there! Argamath is already eating and we must eat too. I am getting hungry and we can’t go exploring on an empty stomach! Think of all the things that we will do and…

Finally, finally, it registered to Aroontwa that his Mikkeluth was, well, HIS! Aroontwa scooped the little blue up in his arms and swung him around, carefully of course. Mikkeluth laughed and delighted in the new experience. With proud strides Aroontwa and Mikkeluth went to the feeding tables. What was life going to be like at High Reaches, Aroontwa wondered idly. Well, they would find out together and take it by storm!  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games