Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
A Falling Out... Roleplay. Now with Sci-Fi overtones! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pie.my.munchies

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:49 pm
Dru sighed softly as they sat there. It seemed like an eternity, but it had only been half an hour, tops. Dru was trying to be careful not to forget time even though she desperately wanted to. She just felt like running away with Griffin and leaving the past here in this cove and never having to think of it again.
But you cant do that, can you?, her head yelled at her. The opposing side retaliated, Of course you can. The sky is the limit when you're in love. She sighed again, but this was a different kind of sigh. The kind you give when you realise that some things are just not possible.  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:58 pm
    Lee grinned slightly as he played, He wasn't playing anything in particular, he just played something that sounded cool.

He stopped suddenly, Nearly dropping his guitar,
    "NUTS! I've gotta go! Sorry!" He packed everything up quickly, almost forgetting to get his cable from the amp.

Forgotten something. His mind had gone blank. What had he forgotten? He mentally checked everything off in his pockets.
    Phone? Check.
    Guitar in case? Check.
    Eileen's number? Chec- That was it! He scanned the room quickly. Idiot! Where did you put it? He dug his hands into all his pockets trying to find it.
    Oh thank god! There it is! He found it in one of the various pockets down his trouser legs.

"I'll call you!" He almost shouted as he dashed out of the room towards the dorms. Char'll kill me if I'm late again! Saying that, Ben won't be best pleased either...

Three weeks in a row he'd been late to band practice, soon to be four if he didn't get moving.

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Novatierrie
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:42 pm
Ani tapped her foot a few times against the carpet, beating out a rhythm with her toes, and she spun her drumsticks idly around in her fingers. She was standing just outside the band room, waiting.

Well, she was tired of waiting. She walked in just after Lee left and made a beeline for the drum kit.

((Disclaimer: I AM NOT A DRUMMER D: I know nothing of the trap set/drum kit/whatever you wanna call it beyond what I have found on the internet. I am a flute player. >_> Character is not a flute player, she's very insistent on that.))  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:35 pm
((I adore my tenor saxophone, and I do know a bit about the drumss! JAZZ))

Eileen watched Lee leave rather sadly, realizing that she completely zoned out for a little while. She tended to do that. She was trying to figure out what Lee was playing, and then....

Anicia walked through the door, twirling drum sticks.

"Why hello," She said, looking a tad bit bemused, "Small world...Anicia is it? I do believe you're the girl who pushed me off the deck of the pool."

She walked over, smiling enigmatically, "Eileen." She stuck out her hand.  

Bittersweet_3

Paul Kattner

5,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:28 pm
John's first thought was to sweep Mel up in his arms, stare deeply into her eyes, and cry, "Mon cheri!" Common sense and a good mental kick to the nads cleared that right up. Instead, he let Mel lead him by the arm over to the counter, and popped out his wallet.

"So, Mel, whatcha want? It's on me." To the young man at the register (who happened to look rather apathetic), " Hey, barkeep. I'll have the really fancy sounding drink right up there on the sign, in that really fancy sounding size, right there."

Barkeep McApathy rung John up for whatever he felt like ringing John up for, then kinda half-turned in a listless manner to Melanie. "You?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:54 pm
Mel giggled for a second before stopping her twittering girl genes from kicking in. "Are you sure--?" she stopped, not wanting to hurt his macho feelings by telling him he ordered something with the caffiene content to send a bull elephant into a wired frenzy of twitching and shot nerves. "I'll just have a grande Irish Creme Cappuccino."

The man put the medium sized drink and the itty bitty cup of deadly espresso onto the counter while John got out his wallet.

((I'll be away this weeken but I should have the intraweb, I'm not sure if I will have access though))  

Trish the Stalker

Novatierrie
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:24 pm
'I don't remember pushing anyone off anything...' Ani looked confused for a second, and glared at the hand like she was staring down a rattlesnake.

She tossed her other drumstick into her left hand and did the whole proper shaking-hands ritual, though she didn't much care for the way the other girl was sounding.

"Yeah." She sounded non-committal, and there was none of the 'nice to meet you' spiel. Quite frankly, Ani didn't really care. She did, however, notice the saxophone. "Play sax, I see."

((Didn't they already meet and stuff and I'm confused. D: ))  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:44 am
((Sorry for not telling you. Eileen has a horrid thing for remembering faces. Also, she kinda figures that no one will remember her... biggrin ))

"Nnh," Eileen grunted blankly. Not very friendly, huh.

"Yeah, I play the sax," She gestured at the saxophone in her hands and looking around, sighed, "But the rest of the jazz band seems to have skipped. Including the teacher. Or something."

Eileen blowed a little lick on her saxophone before thoughtfully asking, "Play the drums? Why don't you show me something?"  

Bittersweet_3

DarkPisces

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:57 am
Griffin read Dru's silence as best he could. She was upset. She was remembering, and trying to forget. Griffin wasn't a mind reader, but he came close. Over the years of being mostly silent, he had aquired and honed an ability to perceive and interpret emotions, body language, and speech conditions to predict what the person what thinking. He tried his best now, and managed to see that she was fighting an internal battle with her past. How bad had this Alex guy really been?

Griffin thought back to the previous year when Alex had stopped coming to school. It wasn't like he had moved away... He had just... gone. Wait! Somewhere in his memory banks, Griffin found the name Alex. Alex Trotsky, wasn't it? The guy that disappeared. If he could find out what had happened to Alex and clear up the mystery behind him, then maybe, just maybe he could put Dru's mind at ease. But where had he gone... Alex had come to school that day... He had gone home after Geography, his last block which he shared with Griffin. Then the next day, he wasn't there. The same was true for the three subsequent days and the weeks after. Nobody had a story about where he had gone.

Newspaper! The word flashed in his brain like a brightly lit neon sign. Griffin thought back to the newspaper he had gotten on his doorstep exactly a week after Alex's disappearance. "The Daily Stupor," as it was called, was a small, almost unknown paper, that delivered to specific customers news which might have otherwise been forgotten. Griffin scanned the image of the front page in his photographic memory. Alex... Alex Trotsky... "Trotsky Dies in Car Explosion!" There it was. Plain as day! Why hadn't he remembered sooner? Because it hadn't been relevant until now. But why wouldn't they have posted something like a car explosion in the city paper? Griffin thought back again to the article... 18-wheeler... swerved... scraping sound... reports... fire... explosion... Stringerton! The name of the town. Stringerton was the neighboring town to Griffin's. That would explain why nobody else had heard about it. The accident report had been posted in an elusive newspaper, and had occured in another town.

Alex trotsky hadn't moved away. He had died. Griffin was sure of it. Wait! Dru... How would he... How could he? It... She...

"Dru... Umm... There's something I need to tell you about Alex..." Griffin gulped the lump back down into his throat. His breath seemed to come in shorter bursts. This was insane. She probably loved him... She...  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:51 pm
Dru sat up and faced Griffin.
"What is it?"She asked softly. Dru wasnt sure what he thought of her. She wasnt sure wether he thought that she was in love with him or Alex. But she could tell him, in all honesty, that she didnt love Alex anymore. She had given up on love when Alex dissappeared and then she met Griffin.

A strange feeling was swirling around in her stomach, like a deep fire that had finally come back after this whole year.  

pie.my.munchies

DarkPisces

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:48 pm
"You remember how Alex just sort of... erm... disappeared last year?" Griffin struggled to keep his voice steady. "Well... the truth is that he umm... died in a car accident that last day we saw him. It happened... over in Stringerton... I didn't wanna tell you..."  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:47 pm
Dru swallowed back some tears before answering.
"Oh....thankyou for telling me,"Dru said quietly,"But...I already knew."
Even as she heard the words tumble from her lips she couldnt believe that she just said that.
It was true that she did know about it. Dru had been in the car when it crashed, she was the only one who wasnt hurt at all. Dru remembered that event like it had happened yesterday.

She had been in the car with Alex and they were driving around aimlessly. Then the car just crashed and she found herself lying in a heap next to Alex surrounded by the smashed up car.
Dru had checked his pulse and had run away as soon as she realised he was dead. She ran to a payphone and had rung the ambulance before she took off to the cove. Dru had waited until the next day and had gone to school as if nothing had happened.
She had pretended for a year that she knew nothing about where Alex was or what had happened to him, but in that time she had gotten over him as well. So now she wasnt going to cry for him, she had cried herself to sleep every night for a whole three months after the accident and she wasnt going to cry anymore.  

pie.my.munchies

DarkPisces

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:51 pm
"You... you did?" But how? How did she know? Oh well. At least she wasn't upset. Griffin pulled Dru closer to him and hugged her. She was here. She was his. Everything was fine. He turned her head towards him and kissed her. This time it was meant to happen. It wasn't spontaneous, it belonged there. ((Edit out the mooshy gooshy stuff you guys are too young to see))  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:16 pm
Fiona dashed toward what she had hoped would be the way home, but it only led to the lonely plains where time seemed to stop. She gazed past the grass and fields of life, remembering the good times. The times when her parents were still alive and her brother was still her best friend- no, he still was her best friend, but something seemed different. Distorted. She pushed the thought out of her head.

"At least I can find home from here," she thought, but she fell backward as she started to back away from the scene. She lay there for a moment, staring at the empty sky. Memories filled her mind. She watched them go by.

"Sis, come on! Mom's going to get worried!" Her brother called. "Besides, we're having pasta this week. You know it's your favorite. Mom makes the best pasta. Lets go..." He grabbed her hand and helped her up.

"Big brother? Thank you for staying here with me..."

"We're more than siblings, sis. We're best friends. And best friends are always there for each other..." By then, Fiona had already fallen into her brother's arms for a hug. They walked home to dinner and it was as if nothing would ever change.

Fiona opened her eyes. They were wrong, she realized, about some things. Almost everything changed. Yet what her brother said was true. Best friends always stick together. She felt more at ease now. No matter what, her brother would always be there for her. She looked to the sky, and made a gesture as if to pray. "Thank you, Raymond..." Her voice was quiet and lost. She jumped off the ground and turned east. Now, she knew where she was going. Now she would go home.  

chobichan

RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games