Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
Secret of the Medallions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:49 pm
Tokk was in hell.

All at once the air around Karloseth, Tori, and him had exploded into the klaxon blare of the compound's alarm system. 'Alarm system... we have an alarm system?' he thought as he gaped around in bewilderment at the flashing lights. "What the hell is going on?!" he shouted over the din to Karloseth, who stood looking just as dumbfounded as he undoubtedly did.

He did have time get an answer because at that moment, gunfire erupted all around him. As a reflex he swooped to his knees, grabbing at the earth with both hands, and threw a massive sheet of rock up between the soldiers and where he stood beside the others. He shoot a look around and saw Rain vanish, apparently choosing to employ different defensive tactics.

As the bullets peppered off the rock opposite the wall, Tokk shouted again, louder to Karloseth, "We have to find cover!! I can't hold this wall steady if they advance too far!!"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:09 pm
(Sorry I don't post enough sweatdrop )

Lilith followed the others silently while they all attempted to contact Connell. The idea that their enemies have been so close all along, and right under their noses at that, made her very uncomfortable. The survivalist instincts she grew up with screamed at her to run and run and never look back before she ended up with a bullet in the back of her skull, but she couldn't just leave her fellow Medallion-Wielders behind. Not when they were all staring their enemies in the eye.

Just then, the screeching of sirens scattered across the entire compound filled the air. Lilith was able to duck in time to dodge debris sent flying over them due to a nearby explosion. She drew her unassuming lighter out and watched as hordes of masked military officers poured in and started attacking. Bullets shattered windows. The smell of blood and fire soon filled the air. Lilith saw a small group of soldiers, surrounding the main exit of the cafeteria. As the doors flew open and young still-in-training Wielders, most of which had not even gotten their Medallions as of yet, ran out at the sound of the sirens, the soldiers unmercifully opened fire. The young trainees screamed in pain; they hadn't even been given the chance to retaliate and at least die in combat. Lilith clenched her teeth before sending a massive blaze in that direction. Though physically drained, she didn't show it. She showed no emotion on her face as she watched the soldiers, writhing in pain and with screams muffled by their helmets, fall to the ground, the light from the fire dancing in her eyes.

"We have to find cover!" Tokk yelled out. Lilith merely turned back to the others and nodded.

(Bwahaha Ebil fiery doom! (Sorry if I got a bit carried away here, I just couldn't resist sweatdrop ))

invisible-weirdo

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:28 pm
Karloseth was once again in shock, one of the few emotions that he could seem to show as of late. The sirens, the death of all the trainees... it was just too much. Suddenly, Karloseth felt an urgent pull to go to the library. "Everyone! To me! I want to try something!" Karloseth yelled. Once everyone had gathered to him, He closed his eyes and activated the power of his medallion, freezing time. Since everyone was touching him or someone that was touching him, they went along for the ride. Time was frozen, and all the remaining Medallion Wielders were free to move about in the timeless space. "Alright, to the library. There's something there, but I don't know what. I just... need to go there." Karloseth took off in that direction and beckoned for everyone to follow him.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:37 pm
he follows Karloseth and the others and he stabbed into any soldiers on the way. as they got into the library he locked the door behind them.  

Red Glacier

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:44 am
The sounds of soldiers battering the library door, coupled with the blaze of gunfire and the explosion of grenades, was a scary sound inside the library. Though nobody could see what the soldiers could imagine, it couldn't be good. Cries and screams of employees and trainees were heard non-stop. It truly showed the ironic inhumanity of man -- to destroy the things that they are afraid of. Thankfully for the Wielders inside the library the buildings are rather sturdy; bullets and explosives barely dented the doors and the window bars. It would give the Wielders some time to find an escape from the people who made them who are now trying to destroy them.

-----

Doors and windows were slamming shut with the emergency confinement walls in the facility underground. Connell was sprinting toward the only flight of stairs that lead to the main part of the training campus. He was racing the emergency walls, hoping to G_d that he would not get stuck.

The final wall was about to fall. He mustered the last bit of energy he had and jumped toward the shrinking opening, rolling and getting under the final wall. He panted for a minute to regain his breath before standing up. He coughed and slowly walked up the stairs.

He had to help the others.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:02 pm
Karloseth allowed time to flow freely once inside the library. "Phew. It seems that the medallion is draining too, it requires energy to wield. Anyway... why here? I just... had a mental pull of sorts, just... damn, I don't know." He soon found out why though, for he saw Marcellus on the ground, blacked out. "Gorramit, I can't do anything for him. My powers are all physical. Tori or someone else who may be able to, please attend to him. I need to think about our next move. The soldiers outside are hindering our search for Connell... Damn. I thought that only the Medallion Wielders were trained in any type of combat... How long have they been planning this? Why are they doing this? It's just... Hrm. That one guy looked like a human, but..." Karloseth trailed off, thinking...  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:49 pm
"Thanks," Tori told Rain, smiling at him when he lcoked the doors. Tori then squatted down next to the unconscious Marcellus and shook her head at him. "Should've made contact with people earlier in life, you'd have had better defenses by now..." She took off her hoodie and rolled it into a pillow, putting it under Marcellus' head. Thoughts tumbled around and danced in her head, but she made sure to keep a mental block on them as she began to gently press pressure points on Marcellus' head and body to wake him.

"Karloseth, you had originally intended to tell us something. That's why you were trying to gather us together in the first place," she reminded him as she worked to awake Marcellus. She took out a pen and began to draw runes for control and quiet. "What was it about? You.. saw something? Who looked human?"

As she finished the runes on Marcellus' arm, she activated the rune on her own. "Connell! Are you ok? What's happening?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:31 pm
"Tori...?" Connell thought as he panted. He was currently in a brawl with two baton-wielding soldiers. He ground his stance and waited for them to attack, which they eventually did. With one graceful motion he ducked under each baton swing and grabbed one man's face, sucking the life slowly -- but surely -- out of his body. At that same moment his other hand, glowing and ready with a ball of white energy, aimed at the other man. Before the other could react -- for he was appalled at what was happening to his comrade -- blades of light that resembled feathers pierced through his clothing and armor, maiming him in an instant and covering the wall behind him in blood.

"...I'm fine... where are you guys?" He asked, running to another place to hide, waiting for an answer, and another unfortunate soul to get near him. He couldn't attract major attention to himself; it would be too dangerous to fight alone.  

Sentama Lin

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:03 pm
Karloseth was shaken back from his thoughts at Tori's voice. "Oh yeah. Alright. I'll tell you what I was meaning to say. We'll just have to fill Connell in on it later. Anyway...." Karloseth then told them exactly what happened and what was said while he was out after fighting Tokk.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:08 pm
"your welcome" he said gently to Tori and nodded to her. he looked up at the ceiling and found a roof exit. "i need to help everyone. i've been useless too long." he gets over to a ladder and climbs to the exit and goes outside. he gets behind a wall and peers over to see 3 small battalions at a battle station where equipment lied and turrets were mounted. the soldiers were gathered closely, getting equipment and orders.

"This is one of many. i'm sure." he gets out and he begins practicing sending air throughout his body slowly and stretching out to bring more in, he breathes slowly but heavily and keeps gathering more wind and air between his hands and compacting it. he brings more and more in and he begins moving faster to bring more wind into the ball in front of him. he gathers it and makes it spin in a ball and the excited electrons started sending sparks as at each other.

He starts moving faster as the ball became the size of a beach ball and electricity surged through the dark cloud in front of him. he keeps gathering more til a swirl of dark clouds was in front of him and electricity shocked him taking energy from him

"its not the electricity that kills you.......its what it does to the things around you" he said as he brought his arm back and mana gathered at his hand. by exciting the electrons around him while the electrons in the sky were excited too it brought down lightning and hit rains arm. Rain then charges more mana into his arm and he thrusts it out "Spider clap" many small bolts of lightning flew out from Rain and traveled down to the soldiers and their equipment.

as Rain said the electricity didn't hurt that much but it was the electricity that went through their guns and grenades that caused chaos. from the shock the grenades on the soldiers of all kinds began exploding making bright blasts of flash grenades, the bright and harsh flames of incinerary grenades and the hellish explosion of fragmentation grenades wiped most of the soldiers out along side the heat from fire and lightning setting off rounds inside the soldiers guns and setting off the belt clips in the bullet caused bullets to fly and help to the massacre of the soldiers in the small battalions. the ground shook from all the explosions and soldiers yelled while in flame, and Rain laid on the ground weak from the attack and only listened.

Rain looked at the destruction he made. he gave a sigh looking at the beautiful scenery turn into a warzone and painted by death. he crawled over and slowly climbed back down toward the others and sat down breathing heavily almost unconscious.  

Red Glacier

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:12 pm
After Karloseth had explained to everyone his encounter with the humanoid, Sensai walked up behind Karloseth. Karloseth turned around, and Sensai looked at him and said "You've all been ordered to stand down."

"What!? What are you saying? Have you... sided with THEM!?" Karloseth exclaimed.

"Indeed I have. I have no desire to be killed, nor have I the strength to see anymore of you killed. If you surrender, you will have your life at least."

"Ha! And what makes you think that we are going to go down without a fight?" Karloseth said. He was a bit shocked that their own instructor, someone who had acted as a father figure for many of these people, had turned on them like this. "You seem to forget that I did quite a bit of damage at my test."

"Ignorant cur! You seem to forget I have a restrictor equipped on my medallion! Lets see how you fare against me now!" Sensai yelled, and threw the clip on his medallion aside. "You have left me no other choice than to take you out. Just remember, you made this choice for yourself"

The Sensai's medallion was golden, and etched with the word "Gravos." Karloseth looked around at all the heavy bookshelves and books and simply said "s**t." Books started to fly off the shelf and cirlce around Sensai, and then flew out at everyone gathered in the library.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:12 pm
Connell couldn't wait for a location from Tori; he had to keep running. He drained and blasted more soldiers, slowly but surely becoming fatigued from the use of his own life energies (though, in theory, he was also supplementing his usage with the energies of others). Soldiers were surrounding the library building and, using common sense, he assumed that they would be there somehow.

Just as he was about to sprout wings and fly to the rooftop, a surge of electricity flowed about him and in him, causing a jolt which made him wince in pain. Explosions followed afterward which knocked him into a wall.

"...damn... who did that?" He said, standing up and closing his eyes to focus. Life energies were escaping from the recently dead or dying, and he tried to absorb them to restore the damage that he was dealt. Wisps of life energy dissipated from the dead and dying bodies and began entering him. The dying had no use for life, and neither did the dead. So, he figured he would use it. He would deal with the person who shocked him later, but for now he had to sneak into the library.

He didn't really need to sneak, however, because most of the guards were incapacitated by the electricity and explosions and shrapnel. He ran to the door and opened it to find that the Sensai was there and tomes were circling around his instructor. The books were then scattered hard, aiming for the other wielders that were in the room, and one was even flying toward himself.

He created a shield with his life energies and bashed the book away, then decided to find some cover -- eventually deciding to hide inbetween the bookshelves. He needed to get to the main group to make sure they were sufficiently well before attacking on his own.  

Sentama Lin

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:16 pm
Rain rolled out of the way of the incoming objects but got pelted by loose books.

"I've known you for a while now Sensai. its a shame things have to go this way." he drew his sword  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:12 pm
Marcellus awoke to a strange scene. Books were flying in an orbit around the one the others called "Sensai" and it seemed he had once been an ally. Marcellus groaned inwardly.
It's like something out of a bad adventure novel... Well, I can at least hamper him somewhat...
Gripping his medallion tight enough to leave an imprint, Marcellus focused himself almost completely on the golden medallion swinging around Sensai's neck.
Sweating at the effort, Marcellus began to alter the composition of the medallion. The dense carbon structure of the focusing diamond, the soft metal of the gold, all began to fall away as he rearranged their composite parts. The diamond slowly shifted into useless graphite, while the medallion itself seemed to melt and shift into an almost liquid state.
The strain of transforming two near-perfect atomic structures was incredible. Marcellus was dimly aware of the blood leaking from his nose, as well as the clouding of his vision.
And then, it was done. Marcellus collapsed backwards, breathing heavily. The medallion, the focus of the strange power of their teacher, was ruined, the gold a gelatinous pile on the floor, with a graphite center.
I hope... that nothing goes wrong now... I've never cut someone off while it was in use before...  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:32 pm
he starts playing a song with his instrument and 5 birds fly in and begin pecking at Sensais face and clouding his vision. he gets his rifle out and aims. he shoots at Sensais stomach then begins recharging  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games