Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Whitethorne House Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:06 am
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Whitethorne Home

Mira was relieved that Tanya wasn’t there. She would have had a field day she was sure, although Timothy certainly would know best. Her ranting and raving had led her to pretty much follow her boyfriend on autopilot to the kitchen. “That’s a relief. I can only imagine how she’d take it.” Mira said taking a seat at the dining table. It occurred to her when Timothy had asked how David proposed that she didn’t really stick around long enough to know how he did it.

“Well I didn’t really get the details but… yeah that’s basically what he did.” Mira answered. “I guess with all the chaos this morning, I forgot Leo mentioned David was coming over to meet our father. You know like meet the parents get the whole conversation of what your intentions are sort of thing.” she explained before taking a cookie from the jar. “From what Leo said while Grace and I were upstairs David asked our father for permission to propose and well he approved. I suppose he must have asked her after that because my dad came upstairs and left them alone in the living room.” She still couldn’t believe it…

User Image

With: My thoughts... Timothy!

Wearing: Blue Summer

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:37 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

So this is what you meant
When you said that you were spent
And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit
Right to the top
Don't hold back
Packing my bags and giving the academy a rain-check

Dating ~ Mira Mitchell

Timothy nodded in agreement with his girlfriend knowing how his sister would take the news that one of her friends was actually engaged. At least she wouldn't have to be here to listen to it but he would! He sat down and listened as she explained the morning of how David came over to talk to her father and what her sister told her what happened while she and her little sister were upstairs. Well, at least he was a gentleman and asked her dad for permission, but he wasn't about to say that to Mira. She was already upset with David, he didn't need that anger towards him. Before he could reply the tea kettle whistled alerting them to the boiling water inside and he stood to pour them each a cup steeping the tea into the mug before bringing them and some condiments along with it. "Did she say anything else? Like, what they're going to do once they've graduated or when the actual wedding was? Will they even have the time to plan one while they're studying for their NEWT's?" he asked a tad unsettled. Them being so young wasn't the major problem for him, it was the fact that they decided to do so in perhaps their busiest and most important year of schooling. Timothy was still mulling over the foolishness of getting engaged in your seventh year when he remembered Mira mentioning how crazy her morning had been beforehand. "What else happened this morning? You mentioned there being some sort of chaos."

murruelecreuset

It's time to begin, isn't it? [Summer]
I get a little bit bigger but then I'll admit [Home]
I'm just the same as I was [Mira?]
Now don't you understand? [Reading and healing]
That I'm never changing who I am [ooc]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:49 pm
User Image
User Image

Mira thanked Timothy for the tea before he went on to asking her something she honestly hadn’t thought about. “No,” she said shaking her head. “I rushed off before she could say anything else about it.” She knew she shouldn’t have over reacted like she did. Sure there was reasonable cause for it but truthfully she should have gotten all the details first. At least she could say the ring was nice. Though a part of Mira realized that once her sister did graduate she’d probably move in with David. There was no sense of her staying like she’d planned.

“I can only assume she’ll move in with him. He’s got his own apartment apparently. As far as the actual wedding I’m betting that if their smart they’ll wait till after their graduation.” Mira answered. “Knowing my sister they wouldn’t have time to plan it out. David sure but he’s been studying for his NEWT’s probably since last year. I mean Leo doesn’t even know what she’s going to do job wise afterwards.” Letting a small sigh escape before taking a sip of her tea she couldn’t fathom this anymore then Timothy.

As Timothy asked her about that morning Mira knew she screwed that one up too. Her dad would probably have her head for both that fiasco and for her running out on her sister earlier.
“Well… for starters, Grace went into my room without permission took a book and in the process left my door open which resulted in my rat Spice going missing. At the end of it all I found Spice under my bed hiding in the corner and I may have shouted at Grace resulting in her crying and me getting a scolding.” She told him. “Oh I forgot to mention this all happened moments before David showed up.” She said as if to emphasis just how chaotic the morning was.

User Image

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:57 pm

Right to the top
Don't hold back

Dating ~ Mira Mitchell

Timothy just gave Mira a look that pretty much said what he thought about her just running off before Leo could explain. For all her brilliance and subtleties she could certainly be a Gryffindor when she wanted to be. He was a bit surprised to hear that David already got his own place to live, although he really shouldn't be. If the older boy had decided to propose to his girlfriend his last year of school, it would certainly stand to logic that he'd have his own flat too. He also winced slightly when she mentioned her sister still not knowing what she wanted to do after she had graduated and taken her NEWT's. He certainly hoped she figured out something, he could imagine it would be really boring to just sit at home all day while your (fiance? husband?) goes to work. The Ravenclaw put that out of his mind and grabbed a cookie from the jar and bit into it as Mira went on to explain the craziness of the morning before the proposal. He sighed as she admitted to yelling at her younger sister who always seemed to shorten the blonde's fuse. "I'm happy that nothing bad happened to Spice, but you really need to control your temper around your little sister. What is it about Grace that makes you so angry?" Timothy asked at a loss.

murruelecreuset

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:37 pm
User Image
User Image

“I know I know… not one of my most brilliant moves...” Mira said at Timothy’s look. He didn’t need to say it for her to know. She was a bonafide Gryffindor through and through when she let herself be one. Man she was really calling the kettle black when she called Benjamin out for it in first year. Sighing slightly as she took a sip of tea Mira knew she really needed to change the way she acted. She was headed in the right direction but aside from that she wasn’t going very far. Luckily Timothy was about the only person who could get through to Mira without her taking offence to anything next to Wendy.

When he asked her about her angry toward Grace it occurred to her she’d never told him. In fact she never told anyone about her life at home because that would be talking about her actual feelings. Rubbing her forehead as she looked at the tea in her cup she looked back up at him.
“I know… it’s just complicated…” she said before bringing herself to explain further. “The day Grace was born was the day I lost my mum. She took her from me… and I’ve never been able to get over it.” Mira told him falling silent. She’d always been so angry about what happened, how her sister was still there but their mother wasn’t, how her older sister could be alright with that and care about the younger girl. She just couldn’t get past it, she wanted to let go and move on but no one tried to help her with what was going through her head. It was always about Grace and never about her.

User Image

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

Yukina101

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Right to the top
Don't hold back

Dating ~ Mira Mitchell

Timothy just smirked at Mira's admonishment of her actions still finding her random moments of lioness cute in comparison to Benjamin's. Although her actions were rash, his friend's actions were just plain stupid. It was a wonder no one had tried to break his camera with all those blackmailing photos he's prone to taking, although knowing his friend he probably took precautions and had it charmed to be unbreakable. Devious but smart, a terrible combination in the hands of one Benjamin Ryans. When she answered his question regarding her anger towards her little sister he froze trying to comprehend what she just said. He had known her mother died when she was young, she'd told him that, but he had no idea it was because of child birth. Specifically Grace's. He reached over and grabbed on of her hands into his own and rubbed his thumb over the silky smooth back of it comfortingly. It was times like this he really wished he could speak, or at the very least know a one-handed sign language.The teen boy couldn't understand the pain his girlfriend must have felt at her mother's death since his was still alive. He supposed he should've felt a tiny bit of remorse for his blood father's death, but as far as he was concerned Gearvin Whitethorne was his father and had been since he could barely reach the second shelf of books. Timothy then took his hand back so he could communicate with her. "Tell me about your mum. She seems like a pretty special woman, especially since she made you." he asked her with a small smile. He didn't think apologizing for her death would really help Mira, but maybe at least talking about her mother would help ease the pain just a little bit. It was the least he could do unless there was a special chapter in the Boyfriend's Handbook which he still needed to order from Amazon.

murruelecreuset

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:28 pm
User Image
User Image

Mira looked down at the hand Timothy was holding. There was a point in her life where she would have pulled away from such an action but now she was just happy for the comfort it gave her. Despite people caring about her none was more important than Timothy caring at this moment. Sometimes it was amazing to her how he could make her feel better but say nothing at all. Looking up at him, Mira gave Timothy a small smile. ‘She was special…’

“I don’t really remember a whole lot about her… but she had wavy blondish brown hair and I remember she was always in the kitchen with Leo and me.” Mira told him. “According to Leo, I look a lot like her and I have her love of potions. Mum was a potioneer… like your mum.” She said with a small smile. “And she was a Ravenclaw like you and Grace. Actually I’d say Grace is just like her, looks and all.” Mira added knowing that was part of the reason she gave her younger sister such a hard time. "I think you would have liked her if you got to meet her."

User Image

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:00 pm
User Image
                                                      The falling leaves drift by the window
                                                      The autumn leaves of red and gold....
                                                      I see your lips, the summer kisses
                                                      The sunburned hands, I used to hold

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ Hᴏᴜsᴇ Eʟғ Rᴇʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Phillip strolled up the walk, a light step in his gait. While he was kind of glad that he no longer had to worry about Nicole's ex-husband, he had hoped that he could have heard back from her sooner. Nevertheless, he was happy to be able to meet his grandchildren, and his son-in-law seemed to be all right. He wasn't sure, considering he remembered some of the Whitethornes being blood purists. Obviously this wasn't the case since Gearvin had married Nicole, but he still had to worry. It was his baby girl the man was involved with, after all. He just hoped that his daughter hadn't gotten involved with some psychopath like Gregory again. Had he any foresight, he would have marched up to the man and made sure that he couldn't hurt Nicole again.

He stepped up to the door and knocked politely. He didn't know how long it'd take for someone to answer the door, to be honest. He'd just been in the neighborhood (ie. he wanted to give his grandchildren a surprise) and dropped by. His hands in his pockets, he waited patiently to see if someone would come to the door.

════════════════════════

Location: Whitethorne Home
                                                      Thinking: Hrm, Tanya's got to be out of school now, and Timothy's about sixteen. I've missed years...
                                                      OOC:
                                                      Sandy

Since you went away, the days grow long
                                                      And soon I'll hear ol' winter's song.
                                                      But I miss you most of all my darling,
                                                      When autumn leaves start to fall.

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:51 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXUser Image

XXXGryffin dor Alu m niXXX⒧⒪⒱⒤⒩⒢ Echo LovetteXXXαиιмαɢυs

I was scared of dentists and the dark
I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations
Oh, all my friends are turning green
You're the magician's assistant in their dreams

Tanya had been called back to her parent's home for a surprise of some sorts only to be handed Issac while her mum and little brother had to run out for an errand. She was really hoping the babysitting thing hadn't been the surprise or else she'd be pissed. She dearly loved her baby brother no doubt about that and she would've gladly babysat him without all the pretense. She should at least get some dessert for her troubles if that was the case! The tall teen sighed as she reclined sideways on the couch watching the toddler play amongst his toys. He was getting so big so quickly! It seemed like just yesterday her mum had still been pregnant with him, and now he was close to potty training! They grew up so fast...she wondered if that's how her mother felt about her and Timmy. In just another 2 years he'd be done with his NEWT's and graduated doing who knows what while she would be done with her mediwizard training and quite possibly marrying Echo. If she hadn't already. She was willing to admit to being a tad stubborn on the whole marriage thing, especially when she thought about her crazy reasoning. Echo could and would never treat her like that man had treated her mother. He'd also stopped asking her about when they were going to tie the knot which at first confused her because she thought he had planned some elaborate scheme to propose but then remembered that while he was related to Gypsy the two were two completely different people. Now he didn't bring it up at all and the more he stayed silent about it the more she thought about it. Small stuff really. Like say, which season should the marry in? She quite liked spring but fall and winter gave way to darkness quicker so Chris and the twins could thoroughly enjoy it. Did she really want it to be a NB4X theme like she thought she did or maybe something they'd both enjoy. Gahh why was she thinking about this now?! OhthankthelordbutmainlyCastielsomeonewasatthedoor! Tanya jumped up from her seat and gave a quick look back over to Issac to make sure he was still playing before she actually opened the door. Outside was a much older gent dressed casually and waiting patiently, for what she had no idea. "Uhm, hi? Can I help you with something?" she asked politely. She hoped the old man wasn't lost, she didn't exactly know her way around the neighborhood much herself!

Diamond Wales

Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat because
You're gonna sing the words wrong

WearingWhere: Whitethorne HouseWith: Issac and an old blokeThinking: Please no dementiaOOC

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff