Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Quality Quidditch Supplies Open, Hiring, and Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:10 pm
User Image

Oh, I don't know what you've been told
But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be, because I wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

Mood: happy
Companions: my dad!
Thoughts: mabye if i'm good ill get a broom today!

════════════════════════

Jillian carefully held the broom When Dris passed it to her. It weighed a lot less that she thought and it looked quite hearty. It would have to be tough and take as much as she did, she was at least able to hit more bludgers than them hitting her. "Hey, dad! I think found a good one!" She said looking toward where her dad was.

Hearing him called for he came over to where his daughter was. In contrast to Jillian's shortness, he was on the tall side of average and a bigger guy, not overweight but muscular. "that one looks nice, you have the be the the one to decide if it what you need." He said taking it when Jillian passed it to him. "It's certainly lighter than I thought it would be."

"Oh! My friend Dris says he has a book that all about quidditch, he can loan it to me so we wouldn't have to go buy it!" She said all bubbly as she received the broom back from her dad.

"Sounds like a plan At least one of us has to know something about the sports you like." He said before turning to the young boy who he now knew was named Dris. "This may be a silly question but is there a way we can test it?" He had pretty much decided to toss logic out the window while he was here, perhaps they did have a practice area.

[[[[Roderick is in red]]]]

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
Wanna wear expensive things
Like diamond rings
But I don't wanna be the puppet
That you're playing on a string
This queen don't need a king

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:29 am
User ImageUser Image

Sєcσηɗ ƳєαяRανєηcƖαωRєѕєяνє Sєєкєя

Dris watched the broom carefully, knowing that if something happened to it, he'd be in trouble for so long. He smiled when Jilly told her dad she'd found a good one. When her dad walked over, Dris nodded once, to acknowledge him, but remained quiet for now. When it was handed to the man, however, the boy looked conflicted. "Excuse me, but you're non-magical, correct? Because if that's true, the broom won't do anything for you. They're magical items, after all. So... erm..." His cheeks flushed with color and he looked away a bit, but refrained from speaking further right now. No use in accidentally offending the man.

Jilly mentioned the book he was going to let her borrow, and the Ravenclaw nodded. "Yessir. I've even got the Quidditch Rule Book, if you'd like to borrow that too. You can always give them back when we go to school! That gives you a little over a month to read them." He grinned brightly, though his fingers were twitching a bit. Why had he opted to leave his paints at home? Maybe he'd floo home in a while and get them. When asked about testing the broom, Dris looked a bit shocked. "Oh, no sir. No, you can't fly in the shop, and it's not as if we've got a practice pitch out back. For mine, I go to my godfather's house, or sometimes the pitch he practices on. He's a famous quidditch player." He grinned even more brightly, always excited to talk about James' team and their games. It was certainly a topic not everyone got to claim, a famous relative!

Kungfudemoness

Sᴛᴀʀʀʏ, Sтαяяу Ɲιgнт; Pᴀɪɴᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀʟᴇᴛᴛᴇ вƖυє αηɗ gяαу
Lᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴀ ѕυммєя'ѕ ɗαу ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴇʏᴇs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ɪɴ му ѕσυƖ
Sнαɗσωѕ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs; Sкєтcн ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴇᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɗαffσɗιƖѕ
Cᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ вяєєzє ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ωιηтєя cнιƖƖѕ ɪɴ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ѕησωу Ɩιηєη Ɩαηɗ
Nᴏᴡ I υηɗєяѕтαηɗ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ѕαу тσ мє
Aɴᴅ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ѕυffєяєɗ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ѕαηιту, ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ѕєт тнєм fяєє
Tʜᴇʏ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ Ɩιѕтєη, ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅɪᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ... Ƥєянαρѕ тнєу'ƖƖ Ɩιѕтєη ησω

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:17 pm
User Image

Oh, I don't know what you've been told
But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be, because I wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

Mood: happy
Companions: my dad! and Dris!
Thoughts: mabye if i'm good ill get a broom today!

════════════════════════

"Well if you're sure this is the one you need, you know the budget for this gift." Her dad said to Jillian. "You should have enough if you wanted ice cream later." The last part sounded like he was hinting at something.

It took Jillian a confused moment of math in her head before she lit up "Hey after I get the broom and you're done working here maybe we can get ice cream! I still got plenty of shopping to do so it wouldn't be right now. I would have enough to pay for you too!" She said all happy.

weather or not the young ones decided to have their ice cream social, The was getting prepped to pay counting out the money he would need. It was weird having a bag of coins rattling around.

[[[[Roderick is in red]]]]

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
Wanna wear expensive things
Like diamond rings
But I don't wanna be the puppet
That you're playing on a string
This queen don't need a king

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:36 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              ι ℓєαяиє∂ тнє нαя∂ ωαу тнαт тнєу αℓℓ ѕαу тнιиgѕ уσυ ωαит тσ нєαя
                                              αи∂ му нєανу нєαят ѕιикѕ ∂єєρ ∂σωи υи∂єя уσυ αи∂ уσυя тωιѕтє∂ ωσя∂ѕ
                                              уσυя нєℓρ נυѕт нυятѕ уσυ αяє иσт ωнαт ι тнσυgнт уσυ ωєяє
                                              нєℓℓσ тσ нιgн αи∂ ∂яу, ¢σиνιи¢є∂ мє тσ ρℓєαѕє уσυ
                                              мα∂є мє тнιик тнαт ι иєє∂ тнιѕ тσσ, ι'м тяуιиg тσ ℓєт уσυ нєαя мє αѕ ι αм

spaceChrys wandered into the shop, barely containing the urge to look over her shoulder and make sure that she wasn't being watched by someone who would report her to her parents. Technically speaking, she wouldn't get in trouble for just being here. But their patience was wearing thin, presumably because of pressure from her grandparents. Her relationship with Dris being discovered (after it was over, she'd pointed out, but that apparently didn't make any difference to them) hadn't done her any favors, that was for certain. She was right back to sneaking around, much to her chagrin. It was only sympathy from Regina that had afforded her any freedom today; the woman had very pointedly commented on how crowded it was, and how easy it would be to lose one another, before turning her back to Chrys more than long enough for the sixteen year old to vanish into the crowd. Why her father's mistress was helping her, she had no clue, considering the woman had never been one to break procedure before. She wondered briefly if something was going on, but banished the thought. If it was, she'd have heard about it by now. Delilah was a nice woman, but a horrible gossip.

spaceWhatever the reason for her sudden benevolence, Chrys wasn't going to question it too hard. She was too busy reaping the benefits, wandering the aisles of the shop until she came to the broom displays. She was really only here for more polish, but she did like to look. The broom Julius had bought her was perfectly nice, but it was a tad out of date now, and not one she would've selected for herself in the first place. Oh, it was fine, and she wasn't going to complain. A broom she didn't like as much as she could was still better than no broom at all. That didn't stop her from eyeing the display, wondering what she might buy for herself when she had the chance. She still wasn't entirely certain she could avoid marrying Julius; it seemed inevitable, if not as horrible as she'd found it originally. She clung to her stubborn dislike of the boy in front of her family, if only to avoid them thinking she might come around and decide she wanted to be his wife. She never would; they simply weren't compatible like that. Still, if they did end up married, at least she was certain he'd give her unfettered access to the bank, and wouldn't mind her getting whatever the hell broom she liked. It was a small consolation, but she'd take whatever she could get.

ι'м иσт gσииα ωяιтє уσυ α ℓσνє ѕσиg '¢αυѕє уσυ тєℓℓ мє
                                              ιт'ѕ мαкє σя вяєαкιиg тнιѕ, ιf уσυ'яє σи уσυя ωαу
                                              ι'м иσт gσииα ωяιтє уσυ тσ ѕтαу, ιf αℓℓ уσυ нανє ιѕ ℓєανιиg
                                              ι'м gσииα иєє∂ α вєттєя яєαѕσи тσ ωяιтє уσυ α ℓσνє ѕσиg тσ∂αу

wнere - Quidditch Shop - Broom Display
                                              wнen - Summer 2040
                                              wιтн - Alone

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:10 pm
User Image
                                                  I was broken from a young age
                                                  Taking my sulking to the masses
                                                  Writing my poems for the few
                                                  That look at me, took to me, shook to me, feeling me
                                                  Singing from heartache from the pain
                                                  Taking my message from the veins
                                                  Speaking my lesson from the brain
                                                  Seeing the beauty through the... Pain!

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

hคlf-ງ໐๖liຖ || Şlฯthēriຖ Şēēkēr || fifth ฯēคr

════════════════════════

Byuch entered the shop, already heading immediately to the brooms. Despite Detch not really talking to him over the last school year, his brother had actually decided to help him out. Byuch had been in one of his infamous arguments with their father about whether Byuch should even play quidditch since it was a 'wizard' sport, and all Byuch had been doing was asking if there was a way to get his own broom. Detch had heard it from outside the room they were arguing from and had come in, commenting that he didn't know why their father had to be so against the sport or wizards in general as Detch was one. Byuch had stared at his brother for a good moment as their father decided to turn his ire on Detch, and Byuch wasn't sure if he should be proud of his brother for having a spine or horrified that their father apparently was trying to actively ignore the fact that his sons were...

Okay, so maybe for the majority of Byuch's life, he'd had to hear the worst of what goblins had against wizards, but he'd never thought that their father would actually dislike what their sons were. Byuch wasn't sure if it was hate or not, as there had to be some kind of emotional connection there. Why else did Rundark argue so much that they were goblins and not wizards? Byuch was sure he didn't want to know the answer to that, and instead decided to ignore it for the time. He didn't like how this was all so messed up, and he wanted to fix things, but he didn't know how to fix it.

Byuch wasn't exactly expecting to run into someone he knew at the store, but his eyebrows rose as he spied Chrys. It wasn't like he actually hated her, just... It was complicated, and Byuch hated complicated. There was already enough complicated things in his life that he didn't want or need something else complicated in his life. However, he couldn't exactly ignore Chrys, not when she was one of the few people in school that talked to him. Green eyes observed Chrys before Byuch decided to speak up.
                                                  "What are you doing Flower Petal? I thought that you weren't supposed to play quidditch. They have a change of heart or something?"

════════════════════════

Location: Quidditch Quality Supplies
                                                  Thinking: I hate home life...
                                                  OOC:

- ☣ -

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I was choking in the crowd
                                                  Building my rain up in the cloud
                                                  Falling like ashes to the ground
                                                  Hoping my feelings, they would drown
                                                  But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing
                                                  Inhibited, limited
                                                  Till it broke open and rained down
                                                  And rained down, like... Pain!

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:37 pm
User ImageUser Image

ι ℓєαяиє∂ тнє нαя∂ ωαу тнαт тнєу αℓℓ ѕαу тнιиgѕ уσυ ωαит тσ нєαя
                                              αи∂ му нєανу нєαят ѕιикѕ ∂єєρ ∂σωи υи∂єя уσυ αи∂ уσυя тωιѕтє∂ ωσя∂ѕ
                                              уσυя нєℓρ נυѕт нυятѕ уσυ αяє иσт ωнαт ι тнσυgнт уσυ ωєяє
                                              нєℓℓσ тσ нιgн αи∂ ∂яу, ¢σиνιи¢є∂ мє тσ ρℓєαѕє уσυ
                                              мα∂є мє тнιик тнαт ι иєє∂ тнιѕ тσσ, ι'м тяуιиg тσ ℓєт уσυ нєαя мє αѕ ι αм

spaceChrys wondered if she should've felt bad that she was surprised Byuch had approached her. She'd noticed him come in, of course, but hadn't thought much of it. They got along much better nowadays, but him actively seeking her out now still seemed odd. Unless he was bored, she guessed. She sighed slightly at his question, and shrugged. "Not even a little. I'm just looking. I'm just supposed to be getting more polish, but..." She bit her lip slightly, crossing her arms and ducking her head down slightly. "I was just... thinking. About the future. If I... If I marry Julius, if it ends up happening... I think he'd let me buy one. He bought me the one I have now. So I guess... I dunno. It's something to look forward to, I guess." Her tone grew a little wry, and more than a little self-deprecating as she got to the end. Her shoulders hunched inwards. She didn't really want to marry him. She didn't hate him anymore, not by a long shot, but he still wasn't someone she wanted to be tied to for her whole life.

spaceHe didn't seem overly keen on getting out of the marriage though. Moreso on getting along with her and making the best of a bad situation. Which she got, since it wasn't like her upbringing had been all that different from his. At least he wasn't horrible. And he'd let her have some freedom. But she didn't think she could be like her parents, content to be married to one person and in love with another. Even if she wasn't in love with anyone right now, she wanted to at least have the option.
                                              "Sometimes I think he actually wants to marry me," she muttered. "Which is, you know. Insane." And it was, but that didn't change the fact that she couldn't shake the feeling that it was also true.

spaceGiving her head a light shake, she glanced over at Byuch, trying to smile at him.
                                              "What about you?" she asked, curious. Admittedly, she hadn't paid much attention to Byuch as far as Quidditch went, except to cheer for him some this past year, now that he'd started being nice enough that she felt he deserved it. Not that he needed her approval or anything, but still, she'd never cheered for him before. He'd never given her a reason to. This last school year he'd been different. She was chalking it up to maturity. And a little bit to his brother. Or maybe it was the other way around.

ι'м иσт gσииα ωяιтє уσυ α ℓσνє ѕσиg '¢αυѕє уσυ тєℓℓ мє
                                              ιт'ѕ мαкє σя вяєαкιиg тнιѕ, ιf уσυ'яє σи уσυя ωαу
                                              ι'м иσт gσииα ωяιтє уσυ тσ ѕтαу, ιf αℓℓ уσυ нανє ιѕ ℓєανιиg
                                              ι'м gσииα иєє∂ α вєттєя яєαѕσи тσ ωяιтє уσυ α ℓσνє ѕσиg тσ∂αу

wнere - Quidditch Shop - Broom Display
                                              wнen - Summer 2040
                                              wιтн - Alone

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:47 pm
User Image
                                                  I was broken from a young age
                                                  Taking my sulking to the masses
                                                  Writing my poems for the few
                                                  That look at me, took to me, shook to me, feeling me
                                                  Singing from heartache from the pain
                                                  Taking my message from the veins
                                                  Speaking my lesson from the brain
                                                  Seeing the beauty through the... Pain!

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

hคlf-ງ໐๖liຖ || Şlฯthēriຖ Şēēkēr || fifth ฯēคr

════════════════════════

Byuch hummed as Chrys mentioned possibly getting polish and thinking of the future. Granted, he had no idea how marriage was supposed to go, especially considering his parents' marriage, he thought it wasn't supposed to be just a thing someone did just because it was expected of them. Then again, maybe it was. Something told him no, and he wasn't sure he liked the idea of Chrys just going through the motions of getting married to someone she didn't care about. Julius was okay, for a pureblood wizard, but Byuch got the feeling that Julius cared more about the idea of marriage than Chrys ever did. "So you're not exactly happy with the idea, but resigned? That's stupid. Julius can be excited all he wants to marry you, but if you don't do it, that doesn't mean a damn thing if you don't want to." You don't want to end up like my parents, Byuch thought, but didn't voice. He was perfectly content with no one knowing about his family life aside from the fact he was the child of a goblin and a witch.

When it came to her asking him about what he was doing there, he blinked and gave her a look like she had completely missed the fact that he'd been playing quidditch for four years.
                                                  "I'm here looking for brooms. I finally got my dad to agree to get me one, since he'd been against the idea of me playing since first year. Stupid reason, too." He rolled his eyes at the thought that his father was pretty blind to the fact that Byuch wasn't completely goblin. Then again, up until recently, Byuch didn't exactly acknowledge his wizard side either. Terrible thing to have in common with his father, he thought. "What, you forgot I played seeker for four years? You're getting forgetful there Flower Petal."

════════════════════════

Location: Quidditch Quality Supplies
                                                  Thinking: I hate home life...
                                                  OOC:

- ☣ -

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I was choking in the crowd
                                                  Building my rain up in the cloud
                                                  Falling like ashes to the ground
                                                  Hoping my feelings, they would drown
                                                  But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing
                                                  Inhibited, limited
                                                  Till it broke open and rained down
                                                  And rained down, like... Pain!

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:32 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

( Adopted HalfbloodFifth Year GryffindorSeeker ) xx

Sнe'ѕ α reвel, ѕнe'ѕ α ѕαιɴт
                                                        Sнe'ѕ тнe ѕαlт oғ тнe eαrтн αɴd ѕнe'ѕ dαɴɢeroυѕ
                                                        Sнe'ѕ α reвel, vιɢιlαɴтe; Mιѕѕιɴɢ lιɴĸ oɴ тнe вrιɴĸ oғ deѕтrυcтιoɴ
                                                        Froм Cнιcαɢo тo Toroɴтo,
                                                        Sнe'ѕ тнe oɴe тнαт тнey cαll old 'wнαтѕнerɴαмe'
                                                        Sнe'ѕ тнe ѕyмвol oғ reѕιѕтαɴce
                                                        Aɴd ѕнe'ѕ нoldιɴɢ oɴ мy нeαrт lιĸe α нαɴd ɢreɴαde

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Drew, like almost every time she was back at home, took a afternoon stroll after helping out a few things in the shop. As much as she really wanted to help her pappa, they insisted that she must have less chores at home since she was trusted to be a little bit prepared for her NEWTs. Which... was kind of true, Drew had already made a few reviewers here and there, though it looked more like an infographic brochure than a serious one. But like... come on, what's the point of wasting so much ink over something that was just bland and wordy? Sure, Drew read too much books to need that memorization but. There's no such thing as eidetic. Also not-boring stuff were more likely to stick on her head... aside from creative writing, duh. There's a reason why jokes were eternal, guys.

She didn't enter the shop, but something caught her eye on the window display. Drew gazed at the broom display with real curiosity, wondering if the new models were really gonna have any improvement on the game. Not that she didn't like her broom her own, but sometimes Drew just wanted to know. But like, she always believed that it's the skill that overpowers the equipment, at least sometimes. Maybe it was just her being raised in a humble environment but Drew felt like she didn't want to replace her pappa's gift. Like, sure, her biological dad Deveron would likely let her have a new broom... but wouldn't that look as if she was not appreciating her adoptive dad's gift? Not that her pappa ever expressed that to her, but Drew felt that pappa- as much as they're normally just as quiet as Dagrun about it- was just as sensitive as Donner. When will Drew feel that it's okay to let Deveron do some dad things just like pappa without her having a mental image of some parental wars in her head? Geez.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Iѕ ѕнe dreαмιɴɢ wнαт I'м тнιɴĸιɴɢ?
                                                        Iѕ ѕнe тнe мoтнer oғ αll вoмвѕ ɢoɴɴα deтoɴαтe?
                                                        Iѕ ѕнe тroυвle lιĸe I'м тroυвle?
                                                        Mαĸe ιт α doυвle, тwιѕт oғ ғαтe, or α мelody тнαт
                                                        Sнe ѕιɴɢѕ тнe revolυтιoɴ: Tнe dαwɴιɴɢ oғ oυr lιveѕ
                                                        Sнe вrιɴɢѕ тнιѕ lιвerαтιoɴ тнαт I jυѕт cαɴ'т deғιɴe
                                                        Well, ɴoтнιɴɢ coмeѕ тo мιɴd

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Early Summer 2041xx
                                                        wнere - Window Shoppingxxxx
                                                        wιтн - Herself
                                                        xxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:00 pm
Lonely shadows following me
Lonely ghosts come a-calling
Lonely voices talking to me
Now I'm gone, now I'm gone, now I'm gone
And my mother told me, son let it be

User Image
ᴍʏʀᴏɴ
ɴᴀᴛʜᴀɪʀ
ʜᴀʀɢʀᴀᴠᴇ

halfblood │ sixth year prefect │ gryffindor

Myron really didn't enjoy being cooped up at home during the summer holiday, especially since while he and Callista were no longer at each other's throats every five minutes, they weren't exactly buddy buddy either. He preferred being outside anyways, even if it was pretty warm out and he was sort of regretting wearing dark colors. But Diagon Alley was a pleasant enough place to be on a summer afternoon, even if it was understandably busy with people shopping for school things and just enjoying a day's trip to magical London. He always ended up stopping at the quidditch shop to gawk in the window, even if he was still just a reserve, and was a little surprised to recognize the brunette girl standing a few feet away, although he really shouldn't have been, since he knew through the ye old Hogwarts grapevine that Drew lived in Diagon Alley, since her dad operated one of the shops.

"Hi Drew," he greeted the younger girl, massaging the hot dark hair on his head. Sometimes he wished he'd been a blond like his father. At least he'd be cooler in the heat. "Are you getting a new broom, or just looking?" Myron would have liked a new broom (who wouldn't?) and he definitely had the money for it, but Mam was pretty strict about him not growing up spoiled, even if he was going to inherit the Hargrave fortune, or whatever was left of it, when he turned 17. He still planned on working a regular job, obviously, and he was going to divide it among his half-sisters and himself, since they had as much of a right to the money as him. But it was nice to know he wasn't completely screwed should he somehow fail all his NEWTs. Not that he thought that was going to happen.

OOC:
[quote="]

Sold my soul to the calling
Sold my soul to a sweet melody
Oh gimme that fire, oh gimme that fire
Oh, a thousand faces staring at me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:41 am

Froм Cнιcαɢo тo Toroɴтo,

Drew blinked, a little bit confused at first when someone suddenly greeted her. Though when it turned out to be Myron, she quickly became surprised. And amused, for his dark apparel. "Nice apparel," Drew smirked amusingly, "Though, did you know that black clothing is just as good for summer as white clothing? Because it can absorb heat from the body. Well, as long as it's not tight and there's wind presence, that is." She dramatically shrugged, then she turned pink for sounding like an utter bookworm she was. Not that she was ashamed of it, but for some reason she felt kind of self-aware around people. Though, the way she was talking reminded her of how her uncle Matt used to expect that she would be a Ravenclaw. Not that Gryffindor was bad, since she was still proud in being one. "Well..." Drew nervously chuckled, "It's just some fun fact, I read it from my uncle's library some time ago." And by 'library' she meant Uncle Matt's computer stationed in said library. It's for fashion reasons so that she can have an excuse to wear this teal-and-black striped shirt.

"And well, I wish," Drew answered jokingly, looking at the new model of the broom when Myron asked her, "But no, not really. My dad already got me a broom last year. I was just fooling around, afternoon stroll after doing some OWL reviews." She then proceeded to remove her sunglasses, revealing her green eyes as she clipped the glasses on her shirt collar. Technically, Drew definitely got the money for buying a broom because of Deveron- but it sounded bratty to replace something that was fairly new now that she think of it. "Not that my dad was pressuring me or anything, but he did gave me less chores for me to review on OWLs. What about you? Broom polish? New broom? I mean, Lucy should be graduating by now and you might be the next keeper in line." Well, Myron was the only reserve keeper so far. Which sucks. Drew felt like many Gryffindors were glory-seekers and wouldn't want to go for that role because it's "boring". She might as well try to convince Donner into switching for chaser to keeper. They have too many reserves, for Odin's sake!

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wιтн - Herself
                                                        xxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:56 am

User Image
ᴍʏʀᴏɴ
ɴᴀᴛʜᴀɪʀ
ʜᴀʀɢʀᴀᴠᴇ

Myron flushed a bit when she smirked at his outfit; Drew always acted uncannily confident, it seemed to him, which had always been a little- not off-putting, just surprising, he supposed. Not much fazed her. Which was probably a good thing. "Er," he said, "right." Then she did seem a bit self conscious, which he instantly felt the need to assuage, so she could return to her regular cool as a cucumber Drew-self. "I actually didn't know that. That's really cool. I just prefer dark colors, I guess." He wasn't emo or anything. Alright, maybe a little. Just a bit.

She mentioned OWL reviews and he grinned. "Can't tell you how glad I am to be done with that." Granted, he had NEWTs coming up now, which would be even harder, but at least he'd have less exams to study for, and he sort of knew what to expect. And all-practical might be better than staring at an answer sheet, silently panicking. "I'd better be the next keeper in line," he half-joked. He felt like he'd been a reserve for ever. Lucy was really nice and had been a good captain, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't a little excited to see her graduate so he could get his shot at first string. "Nah, I'm not buying anything. Just wandering around. My mam's not really big on chores, she just yells at everyone once a month to help her and the elves clean the house." Not that the house elves ever left that much to actually clean, but.

OOC:
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:56 am

Froм Cнιcαɢo тo Toroɴтo,

Drew quietly sighed in relief when Myron didn't seem to fazed about her nerdiness. Instead, he seemed like he was at ease that maybe wearing dark colors weren't that regrettable. His outfit wasn't bad, but she didn't need to tell him that, did she? Myron gave off the vibe that he was unfazed of what people could possibly say about his interests. Like, the go-with-the-flow kind of guy. So telling him that he looked okay with the outfit regardless seemed kind of unnecessary.

She rolled her eyes in an exasperated manner, when Myron reminded her that he had just finished them last year. These kind of tests were treated like a life-and-death situation, because they were the tests that might or might not determine your future. Drew felt it was kind of flawed, because what if people don't know what to do in their lives yet? She didn't know yet what kind of job she wanted to have, either. "I'm a bookworm, but they better not put dates in the History test. I'd reserve the memorization on the potion recipes, thanks. And incantations, too." Not that she would suffer in the former, though it would probably be a bit upsetting if she, raised by a potioneer, failed that OWL. Eugh.

"You will be!" she gave him an encouraging smile, "I mean, Gabby better be. You're good at it, and Gabby knew better than letting a newbie defending the posts, like Ravenclaw or Slytherin." Man, Myron must be really thrilled to finally get first-string. Drew remembered waiting for Fianna and Mackenzie to graduate, but then the latter backed away because they didn't like Eve. It sucks that Drew lost every game in her third year because she was drafted too early. But she no longer felt mopey about it, ever since getting her first win. If she got her first win, that meant she proved it. What could possibly go wrong? "Cool, wanna have a tour guide from a resident?" she joked, shown with her light-hearted snort, "Just kidding, kinda. But yeah, we don't have elves- pretty sure my dad's too stubborn to get one. Still is, I guess."

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wιтн - Herself
                                                        xxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:01 pm

User Image
ᴍʏʀᴏɴ
ɴᴀᴛʜᴀɪʀ
ʜᴀʀɢʀᴀᴠᴇ

Myron snorted. "No dates in the History exam? Good luck," he smirked a bit cryptically, not about to give the run-down, but mostly joking. Drew had always come off as very clever and hardworking, so he doubted she had much to worry about in terms of marks. He wasn't a genius or anything himself, but he'd done alright. Of course, Callista would probably try to show him up next year, but she always rushed these kinds of things and made stupid mistakes. It wasn't like Mam cared much about their grades, in the end. She'd be upset if he'd flunked all his OWLs, of course, but she openly admitted to spending very little time studying while at school.

"I think you'll be fine," he added, in case she really was worried. "Most of them really aren't that difficult, so long as you actually know the course material." He waved off her talk about Gabby with a laugh and a shrug. "Yeah, I'm not too concerned. At least I'll have two years on first string, unlike some quidditch stars we know," he glanced at her knowingly. Of course, Drew probably wasn't thrilled to have been made first string with so little experience, but that was how you learned, right? By doing? "Our elves are inherited," he remarked, "from my dad's creepy family. Otherwise Mam'd probably refuse to have 'em, she's really against stuff like that."

OOC:
Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:08 am

Froм Cнιcαɢo тo Toroɴтo,

"Oh come on!" Drew exclaimed when Myron seemed to be teasing her with a smirk. Though she was just riding along with the humor but still. What a way to tease her like that. "I mean, that's the point of studying," She shrugged amusingly, "So that I know the course material. But well, still, my uncle told me that I should still take it seriously. But I dunno, he's a stuffy Ravenclaw, so." Though she quickly assumed that Deveron and Rubin would most likely tell her the same thing. Because Drew felt that that was what parents do, anyway. And Deveron and Rubin were both good individual parents to their kids. Mostly.

"Ugh, tell me about it," Drew sighed when Myron made a mention about quidditch stars, "I'm wishing for a day where I get to beat Ravenclaw's. Shake things up, you know?" Dris was a nice guy. She should know, one of her bestfriends was related to him. But Drew was competitive enough that the more he won, the more she wanted to win against him. Also, it would be nice if Gryffindor got off the slump. "My family is prolly way too proud for elves, I think," Drew remarked, "Especially my dad, from what I've eavesdropped, he thinks it was an insult for him as a single parent. Can't blame him, though."

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wιтн - Herself
                                                        xxxxxx

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:39 am
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Quality Quidditch Supplies
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? No One
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Cleaning up Shop
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This store is going to sparkle

Dris was hard at work, organizing the stock that'd gotten messed up by the throngs of people that had been constantly in the shop. After having worked a few summers, he knew why his dads were always exhausted after work. It was surprisingly difficult to keep up. Dris flicked his wand, enchanting the broom to sweep around. It was definitely easier than adding sweeping to his already long list. He moved to clean the display brooms, glad he was tall enough to reach all the ones hanging up. His height did come in handy sometimes, and this was one of them. The teen flicked his eyes around the shop, making sure to watch for any suspicious goings on (or friends to distract him, whichever).

Kungfudemoness

Aʟʟ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀsᴛ ʟᴀɴᴇ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴ' ꜰʀᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ
Oɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʟᴏɴᴇ ʀᴇᴅ ʀᴏᴠᴇʀ
I'ᴍ ᴀ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍʏ ᴄᴀʀᴅs ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡʀᴇᴄᴋ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ
I'ᴍ ᴀ ꜰɪʀsᴛ-ᴄʟᴀss ʟᴇᴛ-ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴀ "sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ, sɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ"
I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴄᴀsᴇ, I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ ᴏꜰ ʙᴏᴏᴍ. Iᴛ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀʀʀɪᴠɪɴɢ,
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇʀᴀ, ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛᴜɴᴇ
Oʜ, ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs? Oʜ, ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴀ Pᴏʟᴀʀᴏɪᴅ
Bᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀɴ ꜰɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏɪᴅ

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash