Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Quotes: do you have a favorite one? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a fave quote?
  Yes
  no
  Poll whore
  don't know
View Results

RedMage89

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:25 pm
Byakko no Sonikku
"Yeah, I kiss my balls before I whack them, you know, for good luck. Dear God, did I just say that?"

--A golfer friend of mine.

+5 LOL of Hilarousness!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:11 pm
Just a few of my favorits
The study of history is a powerful antidote to contemporary arrogance. It is humbling to discover how many of our glib assumptions, which seem to us novel and plausible, have been tested before, not once but many times and in innumerable guises; and discovered to be, at great human cost, wholly false.
--Paul Johnson
There is no safety for honest men but by believing all possible evil of evil men.
--Edmund Burke

You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
--Lyndon B. Johnson

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
C. S. Lewis
There are many who find a good alibi far more attractive than an achievement. For an achievement does not settle anything permanently. We still have to prove our worth anew each day: we have to prove that we are as good today as we were yesterday. But when we have a valid alibi for not achieving anything we are fixed, so to speak, for life.
--Eric Hoffer

Nowhere at present is there such a measureless loathing of their country by educated people as in America.
--Eric Hoffer
Alas, how many have been persecuted for the wrong of having been right?
--Jean-Baptiste Say

There are only two ways of telling the complete truth--anonymously and posthumously.
Thomas Sowell

Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. In area after area - crime, education, housing, race relations - the situation has gotten worse after the bright new theories were put into operation. The amazing thing is that this history of failure and disaster has neither discouraged the social engineers nor discredited them.
Thomas Sowell
One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Thomas Sowell

“The problem isn't that Johnny can't read. The problem isn't even that Johnny can't think. The problem is that Johnny doesn't know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling.”
Thomas Sowell(this sums up my problem with American Education right here)
“If the congress would pay one billion dollars to retire all the education majors from the public education system, it would be the best spent billion dollars on education ever.”
Thomas Sowell

“Too much of what is called "education" is little more than an expensive isolation from reality”
Thomas Sowell
“Elections should be held on April 16th- the day after we pay our income taxes. That is one of the few things that might discourage politicians from being big spenders.”
Thomas Sowell
“People who claim that sentencing a murderer to "life without the possibility of parole" protects society just as well as the death penalty ignore three things: (1) life without the possibility of parole does not mean life without the possibility of escape or (2) life without the possibility of killing while in prison or (3) life without the possibility of a liberal governor being elected and issuing a pardon.”
Thomas Sowell  

dartalian

savage_linx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:08 pm
"Faithful are the wounds of a friend;but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful."
"Open rebuke is better than secret love."
"As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool."
I have others that I like too but these ones are good ones that I can't bother to write now. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:09 am
More quote I like:

It's not that I hate evil. It's just that a lot of the people I can't stand happen to be that way.
- Genkai, YYH

.........And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason.

Samson, Carnivale 1
(I just love how mystified, longing and nostlegic it sounds. Give me a goosebump and had me think about this for days)

Yuuto:... That was a difficult question. "Why is it 'wrong to kill humans'?"
The poor girl. That girl from the "Dragons of Heaven" looked like she was going to cry since she didn't have an answer.

Satsuki: I just wanted to give the question a try. An answer from a ethical point of view, from an ideological point of view, or from a biological point of view. There can be many answers. However ... none of them are perfect.
What do you think, Yuuto-san? Why is it "wrong to kill humans"?

Yuuto: That is because "someone will feel sad".

-X TV series.  

Slumber Hermit

Xanatos Forever

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:14 am
I don't really play favorites, but one quote that I think makes a lot of sense is from William Shakespeare, in one of his many plays (can't remember exactly which one it was at the moment)

"The course of true love never did run smooth"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:46 am
"Everyone has the right to be ugly. My brother abuses that right." - One of my friends

"Tell them about the health ramifications of you stabbing them in the neck!" - Foamy the squirrel

"Squirrelly Wrath!" - Also Foamy the squirrel

"If you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'll have to stop doing stupid stuff! scream " - Homer Simpson  

Gindy Ann

SirounSilence

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:58 am
one easy and simple step for ya, see my profile. It has ALL of my favorite funny quotes. check it out!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:21 am
"Life's a b***h, so be a b***h back." Not quite sure who said this.. I've said it before.. but these are my words to live by.

"The secret of being a bore is to tell everything." - Voltaire

"I just found out there's no such thing as the real world... just a lie you've got to rise above." - The song No Such Thing by John Mayer

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man." - Marlon Brando from The Godfather

"When I woke up, I went on what the movie advertisements refer to as a 'roaring rampage of revenge.' I roared. And I rampaged. And I got bloody satisfaction." - Uma Thurman from Kill Bill Vol. 2

And there's a quote in my sig that my friend made up.. I love it.  

Kitt3h

Mrs Boscorelli

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:41 pm
A real hero is someone who does the right thing when no one is looking. - Not sure who said it originally, but one of the firefighters said it on an episode of Third Watch.

"Being a hero doesn't mean you succeed in saving the day. It just means you tried." - James Marsters

"I don't believe the human heart was made to be put through the abuse of the dating world." - Bethany Joy Lenz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:48 pm
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it" -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.  

Pirri

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:56 pm
"I have a million different ideas and all of them point to a certain death." I don't know who said it though...can't remember... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:21 pm
"And today's moral is, It's easy to be brave--from a safe distance."
- Animaniacs

"I think so Brain, but if Jimmy cracked corn and nobody cared, why'd he keep doing it?"
- Pinky and the Brain  

revenge08

Images of broken light

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:17 pm
My ywo favorite quotes are by Hiei from YYH

"The world doesn't give many chances, looks like you just lost yours."
"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero... I hate peaple like you."

3nodding blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:57 pm
I have a favorite quote.....

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get, like a box of active grenades!"

- Stewie Griffin, Family Guy  

ebayking

Screaming Tangerine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:14 pm
"Friends will always tell you "your too good for him" while a best friend will be prank calling him saying "you will die in 7 days"

"You seem to watch me a lot....but oddly enough im okay with that" -my (guy) friend

"she was stalking us again! she waited for us..." -another of my (guy) friends

"hey whoa take it easy. listen i cant tell (name taken out for privacy) what to think. if he hates you thats his choice" -some b***h that hates me

i got more maybe some other tieme  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games