Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mictecath's Hatching] Sing Me Anything (Open) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:39 pm
Red and Gold Flowers brown crowed with delight when they finally, finally unearthed their sibling, and he nsoed gently at the Rosebud egg in greeting. There you are! Are you alright in there? How are you feeling? Is there anything else we can do for you?

He panted a bit after all that effort, the flurry of activity, but it had been well worth it!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:40 pm
AHA!! With a trumpet of triumph, Green Vine green pawed at the now-revealed egg, rolling it just slightly, further up out of the sands that had kept it imprisoned. She wedged her snout into the sand at its base, nosing, shoving, trying to wiggle it free. How splendid to see you! Welcome to the Above Sands!! Ready to come out?? She gave Red and Gold Flowers brother a bunt of the head as well, and then turned on Tex, trilling and nuzzling the candidate as well.

BastetAmun
Meepfur
Mr Cheri

ShinosBee

Nerd

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:40 pm
Texiar
The feel of Green Vine green nuzzling and trilling at her had Tex pause and she looked down at the green and smiled. "We did a good job." She reached a hand out to run it along the green's headknobs. "I'm glad your sibling is out and safe now." She was so use to talking out loud when she spoke to the runners she always worked with and she found herself always doing it with dragons as well.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:48 pm

Radiating pure happiness, the Rosebud egg wobbled to. It wobbled fro. Then, when its sister pawed it, it cracked. The tiniest of all cracks, which didn't make too much of a dent in its shell, but the crack seemed to embolden the baby.

Scritch, scritch, scritch. Soon! I'm okay! I'm working on getting out. There's a lot of out to go. But it was happy to 'see' them, to be sure. What splendid siblings they were!

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:59 pm
Red and Gold Flowers radiated happiness right back at Rosebud, and let the others in on it too. The bunt from Green Vine came as a surprise and, tired as he was, staggered him into hard-at-work Rosebud. Oh, terribly sorry! the brown apologized, I didn't mean to jostle you any more than you already have been.

He did so hope it hadn't done any harm!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:01 pm
ISHA

Isha couldn't help but be impressed (lower case i, darlings) at the sudden flurry of movement between candidate and dragonet that had a brand new egg come to the scene. She'd thought she'd heard a voice out there calling and she'd initially considered responding, though the nagging voice of a certain Candidatemaster also rang in her ears about if an egg or the like needed help, a parent would see to it. Apparently the clutch this dam had come from resulted in a baby being injured due to candidates punching the shell so F'dral had made plenty sure to hammer home the not moving.

But for those who had moved to help, good on them. Isha would like to see anyone complain about help that brought about an egg, and in the way that no one was hurt. In a way this was exciting, more to write down about since she didn't recall seeing this before. This clutch was one for (her personal) history books. Maybe that was something she could do - record history, or at least write things down from her own end. She'd never be Weyrwoman or Headwoman or anyone in that sort of circle, so records were out of reach that way, but....

Or honestly maybe she'd been away from the Weyr too long to forget most things about who does what and her belief that only a select few could do it was wrong. Hmm. Either way at the end of this she could ask, satisfy that certain curious itch, and have an answer of some kind.

For now though, even with other dragons moving around on the sands, her attentions rested to this newcomer and their little party. Who was hiding inside the shell? A tiny green, excited to be down there? Another lovely white? There was a certain....excitement to see, the same that had been there for all the eggs when they started to hatch.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:02 pm

Rather than hurting the egg, Red and Gold Flowers had helped. For, when the Rosebud egg hit the sand this time, it split open. When the large membrane had slipped onto the floor, a miniscule white dragonet was revealed. Oh hello! There you are, at last! she called, delighted to find her brother so near at paw. As though he had been the hidden one, and not she. The dragonet pressed her tiny snout against her brother's affectionately, and then reached up to boop Green Vine too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:05 pm

The little green who was gazing down at Dextelia crooned softly, clearly in no rush to get up. She took a moment to admire the goo covered woman, before looking up to look around--and she gave a small hwenk of surprise.

There were...

There were a lot of people here. She gazed at the Candidates, ever enraptured by the sight of them. Some short, some small, some tall, some thin, some fat, and all of them beautiful. Better yet, there were so many with dreams, and so many stories, and she could see herself with absolutely any of them. Isn't is wonderful to be out here? She asked the girl, before slowly stepping off of her.

She gave a little shake of her wings, the last of some shell fragments sprinkling the crowd, before she gave the girl a little boop. Thank you for the nice beginning. I hope your dreams come true. And with that, she began to move through the Candidates, pausing now and then to look around her, utterly captivated by the scene.

BastetAmun

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:10 pm
Heleste - She/her

There was so much going on. Heleste had lost track of the conversation around her as she focused on happy thoughts and the baby dragons. Babies were huddling, impressing, and now digging? That voice had been from under the sands, she surmised. And then another egg was revealed. “I wonder why the queen buried that one…” She mused out loud, laughing at the other babies’ antics around the new baby white. “Everything seems to be well in claw now.” She finished, grinning.

SilverLutz

Samuel Carlin

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:10 pm
Dextelia
She felt like the smile was just plastered on her face as she watched the green dragonet. Just watching as the little green looked around her and took in the sight of everything was infectious. "It is. I'm glad that you are here and able to enjoy it now."

Once the dragonet was off of her, Dextelia was standing up slowly and becoming more aware of how sore her body was feeling at the moment. As the green gently pushed her nose against her, she smiled. It was my pleasure. It was such so great to meet you. She watched as the green walked off, still smiling and very much unconcerned about the egg goo that was drying on her.

Uta
Thank you for the wonderful experience little green!

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:12 pm
While everybody was oh so curious about the Rosebud Egg - now white - and the hub-bub going on around it, Teal and Blue Spiral Green was taking her own walk through the candidates, pausing on occasion to peer up into the faces of the candidates in hopes that perhaps one of them would be the very person she knew would fawn over her appropriately.

Hmmmmm......

No, not that one either.....No matter! She'd just keep going and see who else there was to maybe get a little attention from. Like - oh!

She paused, peering up at Jhiroquel and Kedriom, her eyes whirling blue and green. Sure, Sabyrth had already come over and taken a look, but surely - What do you think? Surely after my brother I must be a sight for sore eyes! Ehh? Ehhhhhhh?

Samuel Carlin
Attention please.

Zaikt
Give me chocolate and tell me I'm pretty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:16 pm
Aww, well it really had all worked out, hadn't it? Green Vine green all but purred at the feel of her headknobs being stroked, and with pleasure at knowing she'd been amazing and helped Rosebud egg out of its predicament. All was going right with the world! Err... except when her affections made Red and Gold Flowers stumble. Oh, whoopsie!! Still she was sure both he and the egg... no, sister!! Both were alright, and her mood was just... far, far too good to get down right now. Today was turning out so very wonderful, after all! She even turned to give a hwenk!! back to Teal and Blue Spiral green, though it was more of amusement than apology for ditching her. Could she be blamed? After all... she just had too much energy to sit still for long!!

But, as she was looking 'round, the little green spotted something else... something that made her go stock still, and pause in her near-constant prancing, to stare across the sands.

Oh, pardon me again, you dears! I've got to... And without another word, she was off! Jogging across the sands, building up to a proper run, surprisingly graceful for all her baby proportions. She ducked past several candidates, eyes whirling bright and happy, eagerly bright as she came right up to Pink & Purple Zig Zag green, sliding to a stop and rising up onto her hind legs, wings flapping and blustering as she bumped her head against her sister's. Oh thank you! Thank you for reminding me, and for finding her! You're so right, she's the perfect beginning... my Dextelia!! The last was aimed at both her and the girl she'd just climbed off, and utterly radiating with love.

She cared not that her girl was covered in goop, and didn't give her time to even fully stand up before she all but dove onto the downed young lady, nearly trembling with love she could hardly contain and likely knocking her down once more.

Oh! My Dextelia!! There you are, and I've found you at last! Oh, I hardly can believe you're real!! Today is the day both our dreams come true... yours, and your Miryaath's!

There was no concern that her Dextelia would reject her, no shadow of a doubt. Because how could she? She was simply... perfect!

User Image

BastetAmun
heart

Meepfur
Mr Cheri
demon_pachabel
Uta

ShinosBee

Nerd

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:28 pm
Zelaya - They/Them/She/Her

When the egg was revealed, they at last sat up out of the sand, and with a puff blew the sand from their face. They were a proper mess, but it hardly mattered. The egg was free... and a moment or two later, was hatched! A tiny white was now making nice with her brother, and Zelaya took the moment to stand up, dusting themselves as they went. It was a heartwarming scene to get to witness, and they couldn't keep from smiling softly as they stepped back next to Isha to give the hatchlings room to rest and recover, and have a wider view of the candidates.

"Not such a common occurrence, that, is it?" They asked the other candidate, taking a moment to assess the others—the green that had helped them dig had run off and apparently impressed, how nice—but much of the rest was as it had been. Still plenty to go.

houllow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:28 pm
Nikrys

Following her run in with a certain rambunctious blue, Nikrys remained silent and attentive, watching dragons hatch and Impress with restrained curiosity. It was the sort of spectacle one could only properly experience from right here on the sands, and she was glad she had been given the opportunity to do so. The furiously digging brown and green caught her eye in particular, not having heard Rosebud's cry for help before the egg appeared. Or rather, she had heard it, she just hadn't known from where it had come.

The little white that emerged from the unearthed egg was just as petite as her tired brother, and Nikrys marveled at how a creature so small could ever grow to be of a size to ride. It was remarkable, to be honest.

Her gaze followed the little green as she suddenly took off running, positively bowling into a young woman at the finish line. As lovely as the dragon was, Nikrys was glad she herself wasn't covered in glop and on the ground at the moment, Impression or no.

Bherrus

Oh! Another egg!

Bherrus scrubbed his fingers through his hair, shedding sand at an alarming rate as he watched little Rosebud wobble, scratch, and finally hatch. Go, tiny dragon!

Smerdle

Scamp

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:33 pm
No sooner had she left than her beloved green sister had swooped in and Impressed. Eyes whirling a bright blue-purple, the little green gave a thrum of pleasure, but didn't dare speak or interrupt. That was their moment, their time... And there was so much to sort out, now that she was here.

She moved through the Candidates as if in a daze, unsure where to begin. There really was so much going on, and she began to realize she was very much so alone. She had just arrived and everything had seemed so nice... but now she was all by herself.

The little green twined her tail around her back leg as she walked, eyes dimming a bit. Is everybody leaving now? She asked aloud, tentatively. Some of her clutchmates weren't there. So it was, she moved right up to Relku and tucked herself behind him. Her tail wrapped around his leg, and she gave a small creel.

Have you ever dreamed of befriending a green dragon like me? She asked, cuddling in close, just for a little while. She didn't want to admit it -- but it could be a little scary out there by herself.

Meepfur

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces