Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Creative Crossroads
The Writing Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Write?
  Yes!
  No. But I'll read!
  Absolutly not!
View Results

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:13 pm
A little bit of light poetry (me and my friend had a contest to see who could make the best poetry in five minutes.....this is my result xd ):

Goldfish

Oh, what's the point of goldfish?
For all they do is swim,
Or eat, or sleep, or defecate,
Whatever is their whim.

Oh, what's the point of goldfish?
You cannot pet their backs,
Or stroke their fins, or scratch their chins,
Just give them fishy snack.

I named my goldfish Smiles,
Though now I'm not sure why.
He never leaves his castle.
I guess he's far too shy.

But, I guess, he's pretty......  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:35 pm
okay everybody here is an excerpt from my story that I am currently writing. It is work is progress, but it is coming along quite quickly. Sorry if I make any spelling errors.

The water swirled, taking Arayan with it. She was running out of air. Her lungs hurt. Trying to swim was no use. She couldn't move without her hands.
The river came into daylight as it emerged back outside. Just as Arayan was about to give up, she remembered something. Reaching down, she pulled the dagger TJ had given her out of her boot.
Quickly, she cut through the ropes. Swimming as fast as she could before air ran out, Arayan broke the surface of the river. She gasped for air as the current carried her away. Once her breath was back, she swam for shore.
The task proved quite difficult, as she crawled onto the rocky shore. Arayan glanced down at the dagger in her outstretched hand.
"I guess I did need it." she breathed.
Arayan's energy was exhausted, but she had to move. Sha had no idea where she was. Standing up, she looked around. Nothing looked familiar. She was lost. Even the castle was out of view.
Had she known where the river had taken her, she would've been better off. She couldn't have gone back along the river bacause it would take her back to the castle. Not a place she wanted to be. Arayan stayed silent for a long time. Then, she heard a bow being fired.
It was her only hope. On shaking legs, she made her way towards the sound. Arayan came up behind a tree. She saw a woman with long blonde hair holding a bow ready. She narrowed her green eyes and shot the arrow. It landed in a tree, just shy of a knot.
"It's okay, you know." the woman said "You don't have to hide. Not from me, at least."
Arayan's cheeks burned as she stepped out from behind the tree.  

penned ignorance

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Heheheheheh. I was reminded yesterday of my old editor, William, and the writer's guild (on a different website) that we met on. I haven't visited that guild since July, so I made this poem a few minutes ago to remind everyone that I'm alive, and that I'd start visiting frequently again. rofl

Oh God....She's Back.

How have you fared, dear friend of mine,
While I was off at work?
I’m sorry for my absences,
And duties that I shirk.

Tell me true, what have I missed?
And, pray tell, who is new?
I’ve been away for far too long,
And haven’t but a clue.

To all who might not know my name,
There’s not much reputation.
Just poetry, from here and there,
Of different inspiration.

And, of course, I tell some tales
Of bandits, thieves, and crooks.
Eccentric folk with lack of laws,
Compose all of my books.

I’m sorry, for I’m rambling now!
I’m often such a klutz…
I’m back, again, with all new stuff.
To drive you all quite nuts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:13 pm
Ha, Slim will recognize this. It's just somethingI took from a song I wrote.

I feel like Alice but where's me cheshire cat
I'm drowning in the pool of tears
But there's no smile hanging in the air
Nothing to grab at

These tears were never shed
But I know that they are mine
The doorknob won't open and I can't get through
I'm drowning with nothing to grab at.  

Celestial Burden

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:15 pm
This is what the fox REALLY does in class

Lacking in Title xd

There was no doubt that playing assasin for the ruler of Spirit World should come with pay, at least in Shinda Sasami's opinion. It should pay very well and come with health benefits to boot. She looked down at the deep bleeding gash on her leg and thought grimly, hell I should have my own private ******** doctor. Of course, she wasn't exactly always hurt nor did it last for very long. Being a powerful miko had its perks, one being self-healing. That being said, she could still walk if only slowly and the leg would be back to normal in at least a week.

She inwardly scolded herself for being so foolish as to allow herself to be this hurt before sitting down and leaning against a tree. She rolled up the large sleeves of her top and tossed her long straight balck hair over her shoulder before taking a closer look at her leg. The red hakama she on made it easy to get to the wound and bandage it tightly before she leaned back again and rested. She closed her eyes and went over the fight again in her mind, a frown on her face. She cocked her head to the side and sighed before getting back up.

"So the Spirit World's pet dog just from a mission huh?" a voice said ahead of her.

Sasami practically growled her next sentence, "I don't have time to deal with an idiot like you so go away."

A demon stepped out of the shadows and stood in front of her, slightly scrawny and with hair slicked back and greasy, "you should be easy enough to kill now that you've been worn out by my lord."

Her eyes narrowed, "your lord was a pathetic fighter as I'm sure you are now move out of my way!" She started to move forward and had to move quickly to avoid the small dagger aimed at her stomach.

The demon smirked, "I have no intentions of letting you pass." Her eye twitched slightly but she prepared herself to fight this guy. She blocked the jab at her and brought the ball of her hand hard against his chest hard enough to knock the wind out of him before swinging her leg to trip him. He grabbed her shoulder and brought her down with him before twisting the hand she held onto out of her grasp. She quickly pushed away from him and barely managed to keep the dagger from piercing her neck, instead only grazing it and causing a small cut to appear.

Her leg throbbed in pain, "dammit just go away already!" She dodged another attack and brought her injured leg up to knee him in the gut. He doubled over and coughed. She winced and grabbed her leg with both hands as she tried to make the pain subside. She looked up just in time to see the dagger coming at her, but not with enough time to properly move out of the way. He ran the dagger deep into her arm and down. She let out a loud cry of pain and pushed him away as hard as she could.

He stumbled back, "next time I'll make sure my aim is better." He lunged again but only to be met with the end of a very long, very thick, very pointy stick that managed to go right through his chest.

She smirked, "huge rule in outdoor fighting, always be aware of your surroundings." She watched as the demon slumped to the ground dead before turning her head to look at the heavily bleeding arm. Her white top was quickly becoming a bright red and she knew there wasn't much she could do about it, not only that but she couldn't move her arm at all. "I take it back," she said aloud to herself, "I deserve my own personal ******** HOSPITAL for this."

END!

yeah... this was quick, I'd love feedback blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:22 pm
Ha, I love it Sanzo. You fighting really flows well I think. At least, it flows better than mine. Though, you might want to slow things down just a bit.  

Celestial Burden

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:19 pm
Normally I'd probably have more fighting but I had like less than half hour to type it up before I had to leave to catch my bus sweatdrop and the fighting part was the part I had to make up as I typed >< so I apologize for that ridiculously short fight scene, the point was more for the humor of "health benefits for an assassin"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:59 pm
Celestial Burden

Nothing to grab at

Ha! Of course I recognize this. xd

Alrighty:

Comma after "Alice" and "open". That's all the conventional help I have for ya.  

Slim95
Crew

Milk and Holy Water

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:12 pm
Slim95
Celestial Burden

Nothing to grab at

Alrighty:

i'll only bring up this point of contention (rather, not contention, but a point of interest) because i had a professor once who had expressed that the use of commas before but and and had fallen out of favor among most of the scholary academic wankoff comunity. but honestly it's not that important either way.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:24 pm
Milk and Holy Water
Slim95
Celestial Burden

Nothing to grab at

Alrighty:

i'll only bring up this point of contention (rather, not contention, but a point of interest) because i had a professor once who had expressed that the use of commas before but and and had fallen out of favor among most of the scholary academic wankoff comunity. but honestly it's not that important either way.

Do you mean that the commas aren't important either way?

I know that conventions aren't the most important piece of writing, but I already gave Celes my two cents on content. sweatdrop  

Slim95
Crew

MrJimmy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:36 pm
Slim95
Do you mean that the commas aren't important either way?

I know that conventions aren't the most important piece of writing, but I already gave Celes my two cents on content. sweatdrop
I think that Milk was just pointing out that that particular rule might not be aplicable anymore. Although I've never favored using rules in my writing, it is art after all; giving it boundries prevents orrigionality.

Either way I don't think he meant hard feelings, just to inform.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:23 pm
One of Puck's pointed ears perked up and turned, but she left her eyes closed, hoping the visitor would still think she was asleep. The young imp's tail might twitch out of relfex or while she dreamt, but there was no mistaking the smile that spread across her face.

"Puck?" a young boy's voice cried out. "Where are you, Puck?"

She lay still on the branch over his head. She could sense that he had spotted her, but did nothing other than let her tail hang over the side of the branch.

"Puck, wake up!" He stepped closer to her. "Don't make me poke y- YAH!"

The was a snap and a short rustling of leaves as the boy was pulled up into the air by one of his feet. Puck opened one eye and grinned.

"Lemme down right now!" The boy cried out. "I mean it."

"Tsk tsk tsk. Now now," she answered. "You know better than to disturb me when I'm napping."  

Indigo Project

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:57 pm
It makes me frustrated sometimes. A lot of people don't find deep meaning in poetry unless it's dark and depressing, and I don't see why something happy can't have deep meaning. I don't like writing poetry about "never-ending tears" or "broken hearts". I'm not putting down anyone that likes writing like that, because I like the creation of your own style or venting emotions via writing, but I've just never had a knack for it and I don't enjoy reading it. sweatdrop And so, I hope you guys enjoy:

The Biggest of the Little Stuff

It leaves one’s life quite dreary
It will drive one’s mind quite weary
If you’re passing through the days too fast
Ignoring all that’s cheery
While it’s easy to forget the things
Like the brightest blue jay wings
Or golden leaves upon your porch
Or sweet smells that the lilac brings
I think we all should stop a day
Enjoying things the baby’s way
By touching grass and tasting air
Or cuddling your teddy bear
There’s not much better than the park
To chase away that dreary dark
Just feed the pigeons, feel the wind
Hug the tree, then kiss its bark
When life is cruel and life is tough
And times are hard and times are rough
The cure is to sit back and hold
The biggest of the little stuff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:42 pm
A delightful change of pace. Thank you for sharing, Slim. 3nodding  

MrJimmy

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:48 pm
    I've been trying my hand at writing lyrics, I'm not the best though.

And we’re here before the fall,
    Society stands tall,
    Remembering our promises from yesterday

And we’re here standing tall,
    But society will fall,
    Just remember it’s a bitter end for us all

Standing here
    On the edge
    I wonder if we’re through
    There’s nothing left but corruption in the world

You are hiding in your lies,
    Wasting time to save your self
    Trusting daemons in darkness
    Nothing but coal for the undying lie

I know these last two bits don't flow that well, Like I said, I'm not the best lyricist~

^__^

Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces