Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Say something about the person above you Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 ... 2772 2773 2774 2775 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to say something?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe?
  Screw it, I want gold.
View Results

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:34 pm
KatoshiUriotai
// I see with my Evil eyes...

No, Muslim sweatdrop
EIDT: Hehe this reminds me of Pulp Fiction

What are ya, Jewish?
Nah man, I jus dont dig on swin whee

...the evilness that resides in you
//

LMAO! I haven't seen that in forever

sorry, didn't eman to confuze then, I forgot that Muslims follow the Abrahamic (I thinkthats a word) food law- thingys  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:37 pm
Sekhmet
KatoshiUriotai

No, Muslim sweatdrop
EIDT: Hehe this reminds me of Pulp Fiction

What are ya, Jewish?
Nah man, I jus dont dig on swin whee

//

LMAO! I haven't seen that in forever

sorry, didn't eman to confuze then, I forgot that Muslims follow the Abrahamic (I thinkthats a word) food law- thingys

Well Muslims follow after the Law(The Torah) and the teachings of Isah(Jesus). Just not like Christians and Jews do it. We believe Jesus was the Messiah but not God incarnate. That is the basic difference between the Jews, Christians, and Muslims sweatdrop Think of it as Islam coming in and "correcting the Jews and Christians for this....not in an offensive way? confused

And Pulp Fiction rocks my socks whee

//

Shinji Azumaki

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:39 pm
so why can't you guys eat pork? i've never had the chance to ask and i've always been really curious  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:40 pm
I love it when she leaves to "powder" her nose. for some reason that scene cracks me up.

There is a bigger difference than just that in traditional Judism, islam and Christianity. The biggest split being at jesus and the second biggest split being with Sarah and Haggar  

Sekhmet

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:42 pm
Sanzoskitsune
so why can't you guys eat pork? i've never had the chance to ask and i've always been really curious

Most of the dietary commands in Leviticus are for sanitary reasons, back in those days there weren't refridgerators and there were alot of disease that could come from pork and sea food, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:43 pm
Sanzoskitsune

It is really simple, When Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) made it clear that we could not eat pork he simply said (It was dirty). So in following this scientists today have found out that pork has a high concentration of bactiria. Basically burning it off would work but the thing is, there is a good chance it will not clean this way. So basically it was too protect us from eating something very hazardous to our health. But to be frank every meat has bacteria on it, just it is easier to clean by fire. 3nodding

//

Shinji Azumaki

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:43 pm
Sekhmet
Sanzoskitsune

Most of the dietary commands in Leviticus are for sanitary reasons, back in those days there weren't refridgerators and there were alot of disease that could come from pork and sea food, etc.

ah tanki tanki, i'm like a ditz at times about things sweatdrop lol its funny i love other cultures i just rarely have the chance to look at them, same goes with other religions  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:44 pm
Those laws were in place far before Muhammad.  

Sekhmet

Shinji Azumaki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:45 pm
Sekhmet
I love it when she leaves to "powder" her nose. for some reason that scene cracks me up.

There is a bigger difference than just that in traditional Judism, islam and Christianity. The biggest split being at jesus and the second biggest split being with Sarah and Haggar

Hehehe that part is funny. I just crack up when he goes too his friends house after she ODs and he goes into inject the needle in her, if you look closely at the seringe there is nothing in there when he lifts it up.

Well is is mainly because of Jesus(Peace be upon him), Jews deny him as the Messiah, Christians blieve he is Messiah and God in carnate, Muslims just believe he is a man and Messiah sweatdrop

//

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:46 pm
Sanzoskitsune
Sekhmet
Sanzoskitsune

ah tanki tanki, i'm like a ditz at times about things sweatdrop lol its funny i love other cultures i just rarely have the chance to look at them, same goes with other religions

I have laerned quite a bit about other religions over the years, but sadly I don't believe in any of them.  

Sekhmet

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:47 pm
KatoshiUriotai
Sekhmet

Hehehe that part is funny. I just crack up when he goes too his friends house after she ODs and he goes into inject the needle in her, if you look closely at the seringe there is nothing in there when he lifts it up.

Well is is mainly because of Jesus(Peace be upon him), Jews deny him as the Messiah, Christians blieve he is Messiah and God in carnate, Muslims just believe he is a man and Messiah sweatdrop

//

yes, but there are a lot bigger differences between them than just Jesus  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:49 pm
i'm Catholic... not a good Catholic according to a lot of my family (cause i don't go to church every friday and haven't done my communion) but at least i'm a good person  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Shinji Azumaki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:49 pm
Sekhmet
Those laws were in place far before Muhammad.

Yes they were, but Muhammas (Peace be upon him) came and told his people about this. We go by the Qur'an and the Surahs (The sayins of the Prophet) before anything. Just basically because the Torah and Bible, even though we still believe in their word, they just have been corrupted, to our knowledge, so too be safe we go by Muhammad's saying. Because in the bible they, Chrstians, were forbidden to eat pork as well. It was changed when King James came in and revised the bible for his own being. So again it is jsut too be on the safe side sweatdrop

//

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:50 pm
I find Catholicism (sp?) fascinating, far more intersting that Protestant churches, like the one i was raised in  

Sekhmet

Shinji Azumaki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:51 pm
Sekhmet
KatoshiUriotai
Sekhmet

//

yes, but there are a lot bigger differences between them than just Jesus

Yes, of course. There are many smaller differences. For instance the way we pray, believing Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is the last of the prophets, beliving that women should get equal/more than men in inheritance. Just smaller details. They could be big depending on the views of a person.

//

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 ... 2772 2773 2774 2775 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games