Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Say something about the person above you Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 ... 2772 2773 2774 2775 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to say something?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe?
  Screw it, I want gold.
View Results

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:52 pm
KatoshiUriotai
Sekhmet
Those laws were in place far before Muhammad.

// I see with my Evil eyes...

Yes they were, but Muhammas (Peace be upon him) came and told his people about this. We go by the Qur'an and the Surahs (The sayins of the Prophet) before anything. Just basically because the Torah and Bible, even though we still believe in their word, they just have been corrupted, to our knowledge, so too be safe we go by Muhammad's saying. Because in the bible they, Chrstians, were forbidden to eat pork as well. It was changed when King James came in and revised the bible for his own being. So again it is jsut too be on the safe side sweatdrop

...the evilness that resides in you
//

Wasn't Peter's (I'm pretty sure it was peter, but i'l check in a bit) dream of the net in the origonal New Testiment, if so, it was him who told the Christians they could eat it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:55 pm
Sanzoskitsune
i'm Catholic... not a good Catholic according to a lot of my family (cause i don't go to church every friday and haven't done my communion) but at least i'm a good person

Well this is how I am taught, this life is a "free choice" life. We have the choices too do the right thing or the wrong. Many of us choose wrong decisions, not consiously, but do it non the less. It is our intentions that count and how we life our life. This is a big deal. IF you lie in Islam it is a big deal. If you lie but not on perpose, say what I am doing now, I am not quilified too teach anyone about Islam. SO if I misinform anyone that is my fault. I do not mean too mis inform and I know this, so this is bad for me too do. I just try my best of my knowledge too help understand as much as I do.

//

Shinji Azumaki

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:55 pm
Sekhmet
I find Catholicism (sp?) fascinating, far more intersting that Protestant churches, like the one i was raised in

Catholicism is interesting but sometimes it gets tiring to be surrounded by over-devout people, i've wanted to throttle quite a few of my family members ><;;  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:56 pm
Sanzoskitsune
Sekhmet
I find Catholicism (sp?) fascinating, far more intersting that Protestant churches, like the one i was raised in

Catholicism is interesting but sometimes it gets tiring to be surrounded by over-devout people, i've wanted to throttle quite a few of my family members ><;;

I don't think that is jsut a catholic thing whee  

Sekhmet

Shinji Azumaki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:57 pm
Sekhmet
KatoshiUriotai
Sekhmet
Those laws were in place far before Muhammad.

Yes they were, but Muhammas (Peace be upon him) came and told his people about this. We go by the Qur'an and the Surahs (The sayins of the Prophet) before anything. Just basically because the Torah and Bible, even though we still believe in their word, they just have been corrupted, to our knowledge, so too be safe we go by Muhammad's saying. Because in the bible they, Chrstians, were forbidden to eat pork as well. It was changed when King James came in and revised the bible for his own being. So again it is jsut too be on the safe side sweatdrop

//

Wasn't Peter's (I'm pretty sure it was peter, but i'l check in a bit) dream of the net in the origonal New Testiment, if so, it was him who told the Christians they could eat it.

As far as I know, King James revised the Bible to make his own sect of the religion. I am not entierly sure. But from what I was told he revised for his won gain becasue he disliked many things that the bible taught so he changed them. Basically everything he disliked he was doing currently and so he wanted them too look "good".

//

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:59 pm
Sekhmet
Sanzoskitsune
Sekhmet

I don't think that is jsut a catholic thing whee

lol you're probably right  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:01 pm
that is all true, but we still have the origonal books of the bible that have been translated, hence the millions of translation, The New Living, The King James, the New King James, the New Interantional Version.. etc...

but it doesn state the bible:

Acts 11:4-10
Peter began and explained everything to them precisely as it had happened:
"I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision. I saw
something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners,
and it came down to where I was. I looked into it and saw four-footed animals
of the earth, wild beasts, reptiles, and birds of the air. Then I heard a
voice telling me, 'Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.'
"I replied, 'Surely not, Lord! Nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my
mouth.'
"The voice spoke from heaven a second time, 'Do not call anything impure that
God has made clean.' This happened three times, and then it was all pulled up
to heaven again."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:04 pm

Well you got me on that one 3nodding I just go by my teachings and by science as well, becasue it supports it sweatdrop

//

Shinji Azumaki

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:05 pm
I have yet to find a religion that makes sense to me adn I doubt that will happen, but in the mean time I plan on learning all I can about them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:11 pm

I tried learning about the Jewish religion...this was when I was Christian and not satisfied. But on with the story I asked my friend, who is a Russian Jew, and he asked me why I wanted to know and I told him that I was interested. He asked me if I was Jewish, at the time I did not know I was, and I said no. He told me well do not plan on converting because only people with Jewish blood can practice Judaism. I then lost interested and only got as far as knowing a few things from the Torah... gonk I do not know if I want too go and learn about Judaism right now as well.

Haha while we are on the topic of "religion" in gerneral, these Mormon guys were staring at me while I was picking up my baby sister. I was in black pants and a black hoodie and a white bandana and leather boots and for some reason I got the strangest feeling they were "interested" in me eek

//

Shinji Azumaki

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:12 pm
lol. Mormons freak me out, granted they can be very nice people, but they still creep the hell out of me!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:16 pm
KatoshiUriotai

I tried learning about the Jewish religion...this was when I was Christian and not satisfied. But on with the story I asked my friend, who is a Russian Jew, and he asked me why I wanted to know and I told him that I was interested. He asked me if I was Jewish, at the time I did not know I was, and I said no. He told me well do not plan on converting because only people with Jewish blood can practice Judaism. I then lost interested and only got as far as knowing a few things from the Torah... gonk I do not know if I want too go and learn about Judaism right now as well.

Haha while we are on the topic of "religion" in gerneral, these Mormon guys were staring at me while I was picking up my baby sister. I was in black pants and a black hoodie and a white bandana and leather boots and for some reason I got the strangest feeling they were "interested" in me eek

//

LOL that reminds me that mormons for some psychotic reason LOVE me, there was actually a month where every time i took a walk outside i was stopped by a mormon, one even STOPPED HER CAR and got out to talk to me... it was ridiculous  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:17 pm
lol, I know of a few mormons in my area, but not many. What really freaks me out sometimes is that they all have 7 children. 7!!!

sory when my typing sucks, i am uber tired.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:19 pm
i'd kill my husband before i'd have 7 kids *eye twitches*  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:20 pm
I want one, maybe 2.

Anymore than 3 is not a family, its a litter.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 ... 2772 2773 2774 2775 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games