Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
'True anime fans' would support the industry! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to watch the Greg Ayres and/or the Nabeshin panel's?
  Yes.
View Results

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:00 pm
Insanity Dragonfly
1- I apologize for the language, Ebony, and I thank you for the reminder.

No worries! heart

Quote:
2- That's a great answer and I concede the point that it is in every way wrong. As I have already mentioned, however, this means I'll probably just end up reading and watching a little less, and see what I can do with my (super-limited) budget to buy some amount.

Well, maybe there are legit, industry-endorsed websites where you can watch stuff for free? I know FUNimation is where I watch my FMA, and Adult Swim was where I watched some Family Guy. That's a great start.

Or your local public library, which is also free; I rented a bunch of Miyazaki films there as well as a bunch of Peach Girl manga. Totally worth it and totally free.

Another option for buying is online shopping. Yeah, there's a coffee stain on the cover of the DVD, but it's still good! xD Just kidding! But that's always a choice you can make.

Quote:
3- I didn't know you were an author, though I too do some writing and to be honest, I feel that what I may one day publish is for general enjoyment more than profit, so I wouldn't have an issue. However, I'm not planning on being a fulltime author for pretty well exactly that reason and I see your point- I'm just weird, and other authors may think differently.

Oh, don't get me wrong! I write to maintain my sanity; these characters need to speak out on paper, y'know?

Like I said - the financial aspect is just one thing. It's also the fact that your work and my work have some degree of dignity to them because they're pieces of art.

Quote:
4- The anime industry here, you mean. I'd just like to clarify that it's not suffering badly elsewhere. I believe that the speaker originally was for voice-overs here, yes? then obviously he feels threatened, but the Japanese mangaka are not being unduly affected. Less stuff is being translated, but the quantity made is still normal.

I hope I don't come off as a jerk when I say this, but I ask of you the following:

1. a source that proves that the anime industry is only suffering here,
2. a source that proves that Japanese manga artists are not being affected,
3. a source that proves that less stuff is being translated, but the quantity being made is still at normal levels.

He said/she said =/= proof that something is true. sweatdrop

Quote:
And I concede the point that it's a vicious cycle that should hopefully be stopped.
5- Agreed, thank you.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:47 am
Insanity Dragonfly
YennonCrow
1. Still don't care.

2. I did not 'flame' you. I replied in a off-hand way. If you could report people for talking like I do, I would have reported many people by now. I know the ToS, and I'm following it.

3. I see your point. I disagree with it. And you're not going to change my mind. Stealing in anyway is still illegal. Whether you and your children were starving, and you stole food, or were just DIEING to see Ponyo and downloaded it. Its all illegal, and punishable by the law.

4. I can call whatever I want BS. I've heard the subtitles rant before. I've been an anime fan for a long time. I've heard the anime purist BS. So spare me, and my thread.

1. Do you realize that I could reply 'still don't care' as well and this discussion would be over, both of us incensed, and looking like fools to any reader? I know that you feel you're right, but not listening to what people have to say and replying as though you knew what to say before you even read my post isn't going to convince me.
2. Point taken. But even if you 'reply in an offhand way', it gives the impression there is no point to this discussion and I'm only going to have you ranting at me if I stay in the thread.
3. Are your ethics governed by what's legal or not?
4. You can call whatever you want BS. That doesn't make you sound any more intelligent when you do.

omg rofl if you had replied 'I don't care', I would have jumped for joy, because you stopped talking.

The only reason I'm being rude to you is because you keep repeating yourself. Over, and over, and over again. I've heard all the same excuses before. And you know what? I can play this game too, and repeat myself. Stealing is wrong. Watching anime online is stealing. Buying and selling burned anime is illegal. Blah blah blah, and all I've said before.

From another post. You claim that Japanese mangaka are not suffering. Yet, I have heard from the mouths OF mangaka about how their work IS suffering. Where are you getting your facts?? Some Asian? Who the hell CARES what some random Asian has to say! I want to know what someone from the ACTUAL industry knows. Your friend doesn't cut it. I don't care WHERE they are from.  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:50 am
Elemental Doll
Because I am me, I actually read ALL of the posts. xD
This is...a little difficult. Well, for me it is. I am only 13, and obviously, do not have a job. As much as I want to buy all of these different anime DVD's, merchandise, etc. I don't have the money. D:
I tried Adult Swim. It's on too late at night where I live, and my mother will never allow it. T^T

As for YouTube, there are no animes that really interest me. So I'm not sure what to do, because all I really do to entertain myself is watch anime, and I watch anime online.

Suggestions..? D:

EDIT: I checked FUNimation, is it all dubbed?
Not all the streaming videos are dubbed. FUNi is aware that many people like subs more, and respect that ^.~  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:30 am
Why is a raven like a writing desk?...

Oh really? I'll have to check them now. ^^
But how does FUNi get paid? Do you have to pay to watch videos?

...I haven't have the slightest idea...

Elemental Doll

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:27 am
Elemental Doll

User Image

____Probably advertisements on the site - kind of like Gaia. Either way, it's their own website, it's totally legal, and totally free. If they encourage you to watch their stuff there, there is nothing wrong with that.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:08 am
Ebony the Peacian
Elemental Doll

User Image

____Probably advertisements on the site - kind of like Gaia. Either way, it's their own website, it's totally legal, and totally free. If they encourage you to watch their stuff there, there is nothing wrong with that.
yes, exactly 3nodding

I think they let you download episodes for a price too... like $1 an episode.  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

Erinor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:54 pm
User Image
┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋
ѕнє'ѕ gσт α тαяgєт ραιитє∂ σи нєя вα¢к,
αи∂ кєєρѕ α ℓιѕт σf тнє qυαℓιтιєѕ α gσσ∂ gιяℓ ℓα¢кѕ.
ѕнє вιтєѕ нєя ℓιρ αи∂ тιρѕ нєя вσттℓє,
ι тαкє α ∂яιик ¢αυѕє тнє тяυтн ιѕ нαя∂ тσ ѕωαℓℓσω.
ѕєχ αи∂ ωнιтє ℓιєѕ,
нαи∂¢υffѕ αи∂ αℓιвιѕ.

User Image
_______________________{ ι ℓινє α ℓιfєѕтуℓє fυℓℓ σf fιяѕт ιмρяєѕѕισиѕ }

{ ι'νє gσт му нαи∂ѕ fυℓℓ σf υинєαℓтну σвѕєѕѕισиѕ. }

User Image I'm applying for a summer job now so I can buy the anime/manga I want to watch/read. My first would most likely be Skip Beat or Anatolia Story ^.^
But until then, I want to watch other anime and I found this site. And I was wondering if is a legal site to watch anime. I was reading the about page and it seems like it's legal but I want to make sure by asking you guys.

User Image
┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋┋
ι'м иσт тнє туρє тσ fσяgєт σя тσ вυяу му нєα∂.
נυѕт тαкє σff уσυя ωιиgѕ,
тнєу ¢συℓ∂ иєνєя gєт уσυ qυιтє αѕ нιgн αѕ ι ∂ι∂,
αи∂ уσυ киσω ιт.
ѕєχ αи∂ ωнιтє ℓιєѕ,
нαи∂¢υffѕ αи∂ αℓιвιѕ.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:31 am
yes, I believe CrunchyRoll did go legit 3nodding  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

Erinor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:44 pm
User Image
ѕнє'ѕ gσт α тαяgєт ραιитє∂ σи нєя вα¢к,
αи∂ кєєρѕ α ℓιѕт σf тнє qυαℓιтιєѕ α gσσ∂ gιяℓ ℓα¢кѕ.
ѕнє вιтєѕ нєя ℓιρ αи∂ тιρѕ нєя вσттℓє,
ι тαкє α ∂яιик ¢αυѕє тнє тяυтн ιѕ нαя∂ тσ ѕωαℓℓσω.
ѕєχ αи∂ ωнιтє ℓιєѕ,
нαи∂¢υffѕ αи∂ αℓιвιѕ.

User Image
_______________________{ ι ℓινє α ℓιfєѕтуℓє fυℓℓ σf fιяѕт ιмρяєѕѕισиѕ }

{ ι'νє gσт му нαи∂ѕ fυℓℓ σf υинєαℓтну σвѕєѕѕισиѕ. }

User Image =o Yay, a place to watch some of my fav anime ^.^

User Image
ι'м иσт тнє туρє тσ fσяgєт σя тσ вυяу му нєα∂.
נυѕт тαкє σff уσυя ωιиgѕ,
тнєу ¢συℓ∂ иєνєя gєт уσυ qυιтє αѕ нιgн αѕ ι ∂ι∂,
αи∂ уσυ киσω ιт.
ѕєχ αи∂ ωнιтє ℓιєѕ,
нαи∂¢υffѕ αи∂ αℓιвιѕ.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:45 pm
Bump ^.^  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

Elemental Doll

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks for the help!
I also want to check out crunchyroll. :3

I can't wait to get a job, then I can pay for all of this without feeling guilty. xDD

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:50 pm
YennonCrow
yes, I believe CrunchyRoll did go legit 3nodding
User Image

I just squee'd. Yay!  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:05 pm
User Image
User Image

*ninja pirate*
Even the smallest feline is a masterpieceUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:40 am
I'm just curious, were actual numbers listed, regarding loss over time to the combined anime industry? The reason why I ask is this. It seems to me there's been an increase in the number of manga & anime released over the years, along with an increase to exports. But if the dollar amount spent overall didn't increase by the same percentage, but rather was spread out to include these new ones, it could be construed as an overall decrease in revenue, when what it may be is increased competition over existing customers.

(I'm not saying I'm for or against pirate media, I'm just asking since you guys seemed to have already done some homework on the matter, and could maybe enlighten me.) smile  

Althena The Goddess

Shameless Noob

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Althena The Goddess

Shameless Noob

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:37 pm
Oh, I don't know how much help this will be to people outside the U.S., but www.hulu.com has a fair bit of anime on it.  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff