Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Antechamber/Great Hall Entrance Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:03 pm
[][]User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |❶| Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ |❶| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ
                                                                    ════════════════════════

As she stood there, Dani saw Bianca standing beside her. Somehow, between the boats and here she'd lost track of her; she was glad they'd managed to be together again despite the press of other kids in the room.

"Scared?" she'll ask Bianca. "It's okay; I am too." She could hear easily the drone of a multitude of voices from the other side of the door the man whom led them here passed through. 'It sounds like the whole bloody school's in there. Great, we'll have this Sorting-thing happen in front of the whole school. Of course, that happened with Tris, and she changed Factions in front of everyone, including her parents.' With an inward chuckle, she added, 'Guess I don't need to worry about that, do I?'

Dani held out a hand toward Bianca, and said comfortingly, "Hang in there, things'll work out, I think."

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[ rofl rofl rofl ][]  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:27 pm
mc2
Diamond Wales
Just in case

User Image
єugene єridanos ωindsor

Unsorted First Year Half-Blood

xxxxxxxx I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
------------------------------------------------- 'Cause I'm still trying to figure it out
xxxxxxxx Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking
------------------------------------------- Trying to see through the rain coming down

-------- ✎ Even though I'm not the only one who feels the way I do... ✦ --------

Jean got off the boat and followed Cathy, after he waved at Elijah to catch up (or just a gesture of saying, 'Are you coming?'). He adjusted and straightened his robe as he felt uncomfortable, as if trying to look as calm as possible. As the headmaster explained about the four houses, he never knew that the houses have a competition like getting most points.

It took a while before he decided to talk to Cathy, after thinking carefully about making interesting topics. "So Cathy, have you been wondering about which house you will be sorted to?", he asked, with a calm tone but also with a pinch of nervousness. "Hey, I know you're nervous and all, it's pretty normal they said. So I guess we'll somehow get used to it," He shrugged.

He thought of something, he didn't know which house his father belong. He tried to ask his about something about the school back in the Diagon Alley but all he answered was, 'You'll see it. It's a surprise', he sighed but at the same time, see it as a good point. He assumed that his father loved to surprise people or maybe because he knew that Jean loved surprises. Thus, it's okay to him.

-------- I'll be strong, I'll be wrong but life goes on. --------

Mood: Calm yet nervous
    With: Cathy League

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:12 pm
User Image

My wand is springy and spiraled made of acacia wood with a fairy hair core and is 8.5 inches long. I am 11 years old. I am enrolled as a first year at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry! And, I don't know what house I am to be sorted into... my big brother told me there are four and something called the sorting hat makes the final decision. [Wearing: Plain Uniform]

Cathy smiled when Jean caught up with her, hiding any of her nervousness with a smile, though it was a bit smaller than her usual bright smiles. "I think it is only natural to be curious about it," She said with a small laugh. "Besides, I have the advantage of a big brother here to go to if I get confused about something. Only problem is I'll have to hunt him down. It'd be easier if we were in the same house, but..."

She trailed off with a shrug. "He already told me about the houses, but he said it didn't matter all that much which particular house you are placed in. The only problem is he refused to tell me anything about each particular house. He wanted me to go into this 'unbiased'."

"How about you? Know much about what house you'll be in? One of the girls said I had more of a Hufflepuff or Gryffindor disposition, I think, but all my family has been Slytherin except my brother... and I think my Dad's mum," She added. "I guess considering all that it's a toss up for me, but it isn't like we won't see everyone in classes at the very least."

I just can't wait to make new friends and meet new people! And I finally get to be at the same school as my brother! And to think we can all do magic, too?!

Laurel Mindfang

{ }

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

Eva Byrne
[Ravenclaw]

Current Age: 11
Blood: Muggleborn
Year at Hogwarts: First Year
Wearing: First Year robes

~I have to understand this! Think logically! STOP CRYING!~

Eva sat there on the cold stone steps crying. She hoped that she was out of the way so she couldn't inconvenience anyone else with her presence. The amount of hate she felt for herself was only growing. She was so stupid! Of course this place wasn't going to be different; its just like home. The only difference is now they can all use magic to torment her. She should have known this was too good to be true.

She tried to quiet her sobs so no one would notice her. She must have been sorted into the wrong house... But why? Wasn't the sorting hat supposed to place you in the house you are meant to be in? There had to be an answer. And what about being Pure-blooded was so special? What wasn't she seeing? Her stupid tears and behavior was getting in the way of her logic and reason.... Wait.. It must be a form of racism, like in the muggle world... Hate or fear... For no reason other than blood status! And that would explain that talking about it caused so much ruckus.. Why hadn't she thought about that before blabbering on like a fool?

Her sobs became silent tears as she worked it all out in her mind. Her thoughts became a bit clearer as she finally decided on the best course of action. Some people here will hate me no matter what, just 'cause I am muggle-born... I should keep that to m'self from now on. I should also stop tryin' to make friends. People just want to hurt me 'ere.. I'll just keep my 'ead in me books and not bother anyone. Perhaps I'll get to write for the paper or I'll try out for qudditch. Besides tha', Ill stay alone.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Garnet Supernova

Dangerous Animal

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cash Grabber 500

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:10 pm
User Image

►ℋℯℓℯηα ℛαѵℯηcℓαω◄
【The Grey Lady】
◢Ghost of Ravenclaw Tower◣

╔══════════════════╗

The sorting was in full swing when the Grey Lady floated into the Antechamber, her eyes directed ahead at the doors for her usual dramatic entrance at the start of term feast. When a noise caught her attention and drew her mind to the girl crying in the hall. Floating towards her, her grey cloak covering her scarlet stained satin dress she tilted her head curiously. "Why do you cry child?" she asked looking at the girl.

╚══════════════════╝

Little Sage Lamb

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

Eva Byrne
[Ravenclaw]

~Do I really belong in Ravenclaw?~

Eva looked up for a moment and gasped. "Oh heavens! You're a ghost aren't ya! They said there were ghosts in the castle, but I never expected this! Yer beautiful! Unlike those scary stories in my wor--" She stopped short, not wanting to give away her 'blood status'.

Then she remembered the question. "Oh.. No one likes me. I guess I muddled everythin' up for m'self... And I think the sorting hat put me in the wrong house... Everyone else in Ravenclaw hates me. I dont understand why the sorting hat put me there... I've been trying to work it out, logically, but my stupid emotions are getting in the way. They say tha' Ravenclaw is for smart people. They say I'm not smart... They say I'm a hypocrite and a jerk, but I was only tryin' to stand up fer me friend.. He probably doesn't want anythin' to do with me now."

She starts to cry again. "I'm sorry, ma'am, I have talked too much..."

Sir Spazalots

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Garnet Supernova

Dangerous Animal

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cash Grabber 500

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:51 pm
User Image

████████████████ █████ I PIROUETTE in the DARK
                                          I S-E-E the ★stars★ T-H-R-O-U-G-H me
                                          Tired mechanical heartxxxxxxxxxxTired mechanical heart
                                          Tired mechanical heart
                                          xxxxxxxxxxTired mechanical heart
                                          Tired mechanical heart
                                          Beats til the ♫song♪ DISAPPEARS

xxxxxThe prefect had silently made her way out of the Great Hall. She didn't care which students saw her and what professors did. It was her eighth year, something that wasn't supposed to happen. Why play by the rules now? Besides, James was a prefect, a prefect that should have completed her duties, but that meant she had a different set of rules. A set of rules that she could use for good.

xxxxxIt was in the antechamber that James found the girl, and a good thing too. A first year, especially a muggle born, wandering the castle alone on their first night here was a recipe for disaster. There was no telling where they'd end up. To her surprise, the Grey Lady was there with her. Usually, she was very shy. James had only spoken to her perhaps once or twice. However, right now, she seemed to be very concerned for Eva. She entered just in time to hear Eva say that everyone hated her. The prefect scowled. She had tried to be nice. Honestly, she didn't have a problem with the girl. She was enthusiastic, and perhaps a bit overeager. The oldest student in Ravenclaw, and she probably remembered her first year the best out of them all. She figured she was annoying. Back then, people just sort of brushed over it. Now, the house seemed to be full of spitfires, not intellectuals who could reason.

xxxxxJames slowly approached the first year and the ghost. She didn't want to scare the Grey Lady off. After all, the ghost wasn't too fond of large groups. "Good evenin' Helena," she said to the ghost. It was only polite. "A 'ope ye don't mind that A followed ye out. A'm a prefect, an' well, tae be honest they get like this every year. They don't realize that people kin think different an' come from different places. It's only natural tae wanna fit in," she said. "Ye might feel stupid know, but trust me, th' 'at knows what it's doin'. It ain't just the smart ones that get in."

So C✁U✁T me from theL✁I✁N✁E
Dizzy, spinning endlesslyxxxxxDizzy, spinning endlessly
Dizzy, spinning endlessly
xxxxxDizzy, spinning endlessly

Somebody make me feel alive
& SHATTER ME!

Location: Great Hall to AntechamberStatus: Kind With: Eva Byrne Thoughts: Everyone? Wow...I didn't even say anything...
OOC:
Little Sage Lamb

Sir Spazalots

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

Eva Byrne
[Ravenclaw]

~~

Eva looked behind her with puffy eyes. James had come out for some reason. "Oh... Hi James. Do ya hate me, too? I'm sorry. I didn't know that being muggle-born was considered bad to some people. I just didn't know!" She cries a little more, humiliated. Then James spoke about how the others got uppity each year. Maybe James thought she did belong in Ravenclaw after all. She looked at both of the women in around her. "I know tha' I can be difficult at times, but truly James, I was tryin' to stand up for Jean. Perhaps 'e didn't need it, but that "logical" guy was goin' at him pretty hard. And truthfully, I believe there is more to life than just intelligence. You need to know when to be compassionate, and tha's something only wisdom can give. I know I'm young, but its what I think. Correct me if Im wrong, please! I always wan' to learn and better m'self." She wiped her tears with her robe. "James... Does this mean I can't write for the paper?" Eva looked at James with a hint of terror in her eyes.

Sir Spazalots

Violet the Maestro

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Garnet Supernova

Dangerous Animal

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cash Grabber 500

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:50 pm
User Image

████████████████ █████ I PIROUETTE in the DARK
                                          I S-E-E the ★stars★ T-H-R-O-U-G-H me
                                          Tired mechanical heartxxxxxxxxxxTired mechanical heart
                                          Tired mechanical heart
                                          Tired mechanical heart
                                          Beats til the ♫song♪ DISAPPEARS

xxxxx"'ey now. Ye kin't know everythin'. What'd be th' point o' goin' tae school then? t'd be pointless! There was actually a war o'er blood purity. Long time ago. Recently, there was an incident. It's the reason I'm still 'ere. Shoulda graduated last year. There where these wizards, cast a curse an' put all the muggleborns tae sleep. Akira an' I, bein' journalists, we were curious. Found out too much, got kidnapped. Nearly died. Course, they're gone now, but they'll always be people like tha'," James said. It was hard for her to open up about that. It was the worst few months of her life. "A'm not even muggleborn. Some people just want to be cruel. Not much ye kin do but stick through it. Show them yer stronger. Actions speak louder than words." It was true. James wasn't about sitting down and writing to accomplish things, she was about going out and doing. Words were useless, it was actions that truly separated the possible from the impossible.

xxxxxJames listened to the girl as tears came from her face. What a rough first night she must be having. "An' no. A don't hate ye. A've only just met ye. As far as what life's about, well," the prefect's voice trailed off. She was nearly a whole decade older than this girl. Did that make her any wiser? Really, it just made her older. She wasn't a philosopher. She was a student. "Honestly, A think th' best thing is tae just be who ye are. Everyone comes from different places, different backgrounds. An' as far as the paper, I don't see how this would affect any o' tha'. "

So C✁U✁T me from theL✁I✁N✁E
Dizzy, spinning endlesslyxxxxxDizzy, spinning endlessly

Somebody make me feel alive
& SHATTER ME!

Location:Antechamber Status: Thoughtful With: Eva Byrne Thoughts: Good thing Akira's not out here.
OOC:
Little Sage Lamb

Sir Spazalots

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

Eva Byrne
[Ravenclaw]

~James’ right! They don’t matter! But what happened to her… I hope it doesnt happen to me..~

Eva listened to the story of James' torment; her problems seemed to melt away. "Tha's horrible James! You must be very brave to 'ave escaped."

After James' pep talk, Eva stood up, much more confident now. " Yer right! I don't care what they say. My magical talent manifested itself, it must mean somethin'. I'm going to study hard an' become one o' the strongest witches! Thank you James! I really want to write for the paper and yer very nice. I feel I have found what I've been lookin' fer me entire life, a home." Then she looked sheepishly at James. "Could you perhaps take me to th' dorms? I don' wanna face it just yet. I'm exhausted...

Quote:

Violet the Maestro

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Garnet Supernova

Dangerous Animal

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cash Grabber 500

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:03 am
User Image
                                                    I'm waking up to ash and dust
                                                    I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust
                                                    I'm breathing in the chemicals

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

₴lутнєґїп Pґєfєcт || ₴єvєптн Уёaя || Bёaтєґ aиd Capтaїп

════════════════════════

Darius led the first years to the Antechamber, and turned to look at them. He gestured to the hall in general, though he particularly pointed out the stairs. "From here, you can get to the rest of the castle. The stairways can lead you to your classes and other dorms. Be careful though, some of the stairs move, so I'd learn ways around the castle to get to other places so you're not stuck being late to class. We, however, need to go down to the dungeons for our common room. If you'll follow me, we're going there now." So far, so good, though he wished another prefect was helping him out. He led the first years down one set of stairs to get to the dungeons.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Yay, moving first years...
                                                    OOC: Next post in the Slytherin Corridor

I raise my flags, don my clothes
                                                    It's a revolution, I suppose
                                                    We'll paint it red to fit right in

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:01 am
User Image

xxxxxxx_____________________________________

xxxxxxx Photographer || Half Blood || Taken by Tobi
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx Daily Dragon Photographer and Reporter
xxxxxxx_____________________________________

Bradley led the way into the Great Hall and up the stairs towards the Grand Staircases. "So our common room is up this way, just stay close and I will show you the way." he said with a smile. He headed towards the grand staircase.

(( Exit to The Grand Staircase. ))

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why
If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?
Why are you my remedy?
Why are you my clarity?
Why are you my remedy?

User Image

Little Sage Lamb
Diamond Wales
XxXDevil-Chan
kiska166
Laurel Mindfang

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:20 pm
Like a, like a, like a bullet train
Moving like the speed of sound
Feet can't keep on the ground
Can't stay in one place
Keep moving like a bullet train
'Cause I can't stop time
You keep blurring in my mind

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Fifth Year - Hufflepuff - Prefect -
[feeling: awkward as all-get-out] [thinking: ...] [with: First Years] [at: Antechamber]

Uriel led the first years into the Antechamber, remind himself to walk slowly enough so that none of them would have any trouble keeping up. He did tend to walk rather fast, always in a rush to get to classes on time. He turned to face them. "You've all been in here before, now we're going to go down to the basement. Not the dungeons, luckily, we're near the kitchens instead." He gave a slightly nervous chuckle. The fact that he felt like a bunch of eleven year old kids were silently judging him was bad enough. "Okay, follow me, everyone, we've got stairs to go down. Try to remember this all tomorrow, yeah? You don't want to get lost."

If you can't do something smart, do something right.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

mc2

Violet the Maestro

And space is undefined
These tracks left behind
We can't stay the same
Can't stop this train
I can't find the brakes
On this bullet train
'Cause I can't stop

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:32 am
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
"I like swimming,"

¦Gunilda Stone¦
Slytherin First-year

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Having fun,"

Out of the hall and into the antechamber Gunilda and her fellow first years went, following Dairus, the Slytherin prefect. For a brief moment, she caught a glimpse of the other first years who had been sorted into the other three houses being lead by their own house prefects to their common rooms. But before she knew it, with a quick warning from Darius to watch out for moving stairs, they were off again, heading down a set of stairs which lead to the dungeons.

Out Of Cauldrons:

"And trying my best"
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games