Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:19 am
Tahirah||HR Candidate||She
Egg: Poor Unfortunate Souls

Feeling the egg beneath her hand start some, Tahirah apologized for startling the little one. The wistful feeling she felt from the egg was almost intoxicating. Had she ever wondered? Did she have any dreams? She was going to share...something to the egg when suddenly the blue father was moving through the clutch. Her hand dropped from the shell as she watched the large blue move, holding her breath as she wondered what might have happened. He stopped at an egg and didn't seem angry about anything, which was a good thing.

Moving away from the last egg, Tahirah paused to try and figure out where to go next. A green egg not fair from her had a nurturing feeling coming off of it and Tahirah moved near, gently placing her hand against the green shell of Poor Unfortunate Souls - Little Mermaid Egg.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucius||HR Candidate||He
Egg: Auror

As soon as the Ravenclaw egg spoke, Lucius removed his hand as if it had bitten him. It hadn't, of course, but the words that had been laced with such snark...well it had almost felt like an attack. It made him feel stupid for asking such a question, maybe he had been stupid to think that each egg would be welcoming to the touch of just anyone.

For a moment, Lucius stood there trying to rethink his approach. Was he doing this right? Maybe there was a reason he hadn't gotten picked. He wanted to become a dragonrider so much, to become a hero and protect those who couldn't....Protect those to keep what happened to his aunt and uncle from happening again. All of these thoughts went through his mind as he reached out and touched the Auror Egg. Perhaps he hadn't even known he had reached out to the egg.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:15 am
Siv

The movement of thew blue earned notice from Siv immediately, the shaggymaned girl immediately abandoning her current -- and rather pleasant - spot to ensure she wasn't causing problems, but when he moved to comfort another egg -- well, Siv didn't want to come between a father and child. She knew that type of bond well, a warm lobe that, when she could travel, ideally on a dragon of her own, would draw her back to her father to shjow him how well she did and to further earn his pride -- and really, he was already proud she got the chance at candidacy. So, instead, Siv nodded her head respectfully to the clutch's apparent father, and, well, moved on to an egg well away from the unhappy one. Let the father dote, the baby must need it, and so instead the girl moved to greet Friends on the Other Side in her continuing high spirits, beaming to the egg warmloy.

A hearty hello to you today my dear! I trustyou're enjoying yourself?

Amila

Amila liked this egg's personality too, a warm, welcome feeling earned the reciprocal gratitude for a kind welcome and warm feelings. She was finally feeling comfortable, at least, even a little excited to meet the eggs -- they were nicve, they were making it fun, and it let her lower the anxiety that guarded her from risking much hurt -- or likely, hindered her ability to take risks. No matter -- right now she didn't even feel lonely, and the girl was smiling a bright, cheery smile.

QAnd then their mother moved. Amila was quick to remove hands, eyes following the gold as she snapped to rapt attention, taking in the motions. She'd noticed... People trying to touch the egg, and apparently, this was becoming a problem -- and such a pity, too. The egg didn't deserve to be scared, or anything bad -- it was a baby after all, in that shell, and so she waited, watching, for Rianth to re-settle before resuming her Touchiung. The egg was safe now, and she hoped it felt better, and now was-- was--

Oh.

"O...oh... how lovely!

The egg catching her eye was larger, but the girl straightened, taking a breath, and carefully strode over, placing both hands on Hufflepuff with no small amount of reverence.

Oh my... Oh gosh.. Hello! Your such a beautiful egg! I'm sorry I didn't see you sooner, but I hope that's okay, because you're so pretty! Are you well? A good day? My goodness, forgive my excitemewnt but I've never seen someone so lovely in shell!

Such a upretty egg, and a pretty combination! She was absolutely taken by it.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:42 am
Liulfr - HR Candidate - He/Him - Here

The pain had been expected, and thus, did not catch the young man by surprise. He held his hand against the egg's shell for a second despite the pain, until the unfiltered thoughts of the hatchling inside bubbles through the rage it was feeling. Li had been, unfortunately, of no help whatsoever, and though it saddened him, he still wished the egg the best, all the same. It had to have a reason for lashing out, even if Li himself had not found out or helped. Retreating his hand, which still throbbed, the candidate moved away from the red and black egg, frowning at the phantom pain in his fingers. It lessened when he moved away from the distressed baby, but it still remained somewhat.

Touchings were just oddly fascinating in nature. For as much as he did not like to study, mostly due to the difficulty he had with concentrating on the written word, the idea that a creature within an egg could so violently display feelings that affected the candidates and those around them was.... incredible. Fascinating.

He'd moved away towards the edge of the clutch when the Firebolt Egg caught his attention and the young man knelled to place a hand upon it. A sense of eager had permeated the air around it, and Liulfr figured this one was just as energetic as it's sibling near the back. Would this one soar high? Go to far off places? What would this tiny one do once it was free of the shell? A small tinge of... perhaps restlessness came upon the youth; he himself had never been far from the weyr. Born there, raised there.... he'd never been too far away, otherwise, he'd offer this new soul visions of far over yonder. As it was, his experience was all he had to offer.

---

Lesleigh - HR Candidate - She/Her - Here

Les wasn't sure what she'd been expecting - she'd been told what it'd feel like, to press her hand and communicate with an egg, and yet nothing came close to the sense of protection the egg offered her, or it's approval. There was also a very clear sense of yearning from the girl; she could be brave. She'd been brave when she'd come to the weyr, alone and away from her family. Fear did not mean one could not face your demons. The egg was right.

She stood after another fond stroke of it's shell and moved onto Go The Distance, whose yearning she seemed to mirror due to her last interaction, even if likely for different motives. Lesleigh was small, and not physically strong at all, but then... physical strength was not what was needed to fight thread. Endurance, maybe, but that could may well be trained, and she could try. What did this soul yearn for? Les yearned to prove herself, to show that despite her fear, she could push through and come out better for it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:04 am
Haveli she/her - high reaches candidate

Zero for two Haveli chuckled to herself, slowly marking down the list of eggs who clearly weren't worth her time or attention come hatching day. Whatever came out of them would not be her nor merit of her time, but there was some small note of her brain who wondered if they'd be alright for Arlie. Of course as soon as she'd thought that they were dismissed even more - none of the eggs she'd touched would be able to provide what she felt that Arlie needed.

But whatever, she needed to move on and continue to assess the eggs. They were judging her just as hard, if not harder, so why not return the favor? This was a chance for lifemates of course, she'd be a fool to skim the surface. The tantrum of an egg over the carelessness of other candidates had not gone unnoticed, and Haveli scratched touching that one from her list as it was moved by her mother. This clutch was proving to fall along her expectations, sad to say.

Stepping through, careful to avoid others lest her mouth give her away, Haveli's hand came to rest atop the Imperio egg's shell. The teen hadn't meant to come over here but somehow she'd been drawn, not that it was entirely a bad thing. Sometimes an egg giving out a strong feeling was a good sign, though often not so much. "Luring others in, are we? Not a bad thing to do."  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:17 am
Fisher she/her - high reaches candidate

So she'd been right in not leaning on an egg, or at least that was the feeling Fisher got, and so she'd pulled her hand off the egg and wondered just how much of this she was going to have to handle. Everything was bother under and overwhelming at the same time and she knew she needed to take it all seriously, but Fisher was just wandering aimlessly among eggs with no real goal while others were staking their lives on this. Well, livelihood and what not but she also assumed lives if the horror stories of people being brutally murdered by babies held water.

Which it did.

When the large blue dad(?) of one clutch came through Fisher was careful to step aside, though she did watch him move with wide eyes. His color was beautiful, like the waters from home, and he moved with such grace. Dragons were cool, she had to remind herself, and they helped save people. That was why she was here, even if she didn't believe in the whole process. She wanted to be able to save folks out at sea when Thread came, good folks trapped in boats and left to die when the sky melted them to pieces. She shuddered faintly at the memory it called but walked on, her mind almost instantly empty again.

Coming to a large egg that...was yearning? Was that the feeling again?, Fisher placed her massive hand atop the massive shell. It was nice to see larger eggs, since she herself was a large person and often worried she'd crush or break things. Not likely, but holy shards Faranth she did not want to get eaten by a dragon before she had a chance to see her dads again.

Anyway, the egg. With her hand atop Go the Distance's shell, she attempted to try and properly communicate. Whatever that meant, but she could follow directions. "What is it that you're wanting? Freedom? Recognition?" Her head turned in a direction that left her staring at a wall of the Weyr, despite her gaze suggesting she was looking beyond. "Home. Family."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:30 am
Tokki -- Western
Positive Traits: super friendly, blessed with common sense, excellent memory, quick learner
Negative Traits: comes off as "sweetly stupid", too talkative, easily distracted, blithely self-centered
Sex: Male

Tokki blinked in surprise at the warmth of the egg; it seemed distinctly warmer than the others had. He could almost imagine actually touching the dragonet within, imagine the warm hide of the baby against his hand. It filled him with an awe he hadn't felt before, and it hit him at last that this was real, that he was potentially going to bond with one of these creatures on a level so deep he couldn't even begin to imagine it. The sense of approval and positivity that rolled through his mind from the egg -- from the young dragon inside the egg -- made his heart swell with joy. Now he truly understood what all this was about, the Searching and the Touching and hopeful Impression; he was humbled that he'd been chosen to be part of it.

Thank you. I get it now. Smiling at the egg, he smoothed his hand over the shell affectionately. Even if this egg didn't contain the dragonet who would choose him, he would always think fondly of it. I can't stay, but I'm really happy I came over here to meet you. I hope you find the one meant for you, even if it's not me.

Reluctantly Tokki moved away from the egg and ventured to touch one of its siblings, the Felix Felicis Egg. It seemed to tremble beneath his touch, and yet the baby dragon within seemed curious about him. He sent soothing, happy thoughts to it as he lay his hand on the rainbow-spattered shell. Hello, little one. Are you afraid? I won't hurt you, I promise. I can't even bear to hurt insects eating my herbs!

Jeri -- HR
Positive Traits: strong-willed, self-confident, optimistic, patient
Negative Traits: eccentric, illiterate, gossip, airheaded at times
Sex: Female

The sense of understanding and curiosity and kinship that emanated from the baby inside this pink egg flowed gently over Jeri's mind, and she grinned brightly. Now here was an egg after her own heart, it seemed! "Oh, you are a very nice egg!" she beamed. The egg rocked slightly, which startled her, and she almost pulled her hands off the shell, eyes wide. She'd never had an egg do that at a Touching before! Was the dragonet inside already trying to get out?

But nothing negative came off the egg, just happy curiosity and that sense of kinship. Jeri relaxed then and let her hands run over the smooth shell. "You gave me a start there, little one! I know you didn't mean to, 'cause you seem like such a very nice egg. I'm very happy to have met you!" She lingered for a bit, feeling the pleased approval wash over her, before saying her goodbyes and moving on. Such a nice egg! She wondered idly if that was the one for her.

Even if it wasn't, though, there were other eggs to touch, a LOT of them! Turning, she came upon the When You Wish Upon A Star egg, laying smack dab in the middle of the clutch. "Well, hello there!" she smiled as she knelt next to it, gently placing her hands on the pink and white-mottled shell. The baby dragonet within seemed to be yearning for something, or someone. "What are you looking for?" she asked, wondering if she was it.

Willim -- HR
Positive Traits: fearless, chivalric, playful, big on family, loyal, team player, honest (in that it's hard for him to lie)
Negative Traits: hot-headed, combative, a herd beast, a brat, a hella flirt, naive, honest (in that he's not exactly the most tactful soul)
Sex: Male

Willim let the egg's response wash over him. He was fit to be a dragonrider, and a good one, according to the young dragon inside. It seemed to think he was a quality choice, and that made the young brewer's chest puff up slightly and a smile cross his lips. Yup, he was good enough -- more than good enough! He would be a fine dragonman, one of the best! "Thanks, that really helped me." And it had; it had washed away any residual doubts he had that he had done the right thing by coming to High Reaches. He absolutely had -- the egg said so!

"I gotta go, but I'll see you when you hatch!" he said, then he moved on. There was a large egg that had garnered some attention, so he picked his way through the clutch toward the Gryffindor egg to see what it was like for himself.

And what an egg! The eagerness of the baby within hit him like a shove to the chest, and he couldn't help but laugh lightly as he took a step back to steady himself. "You're an enthusiastic little thing, aren't you?" he chuckled, touching the bright red and gold shell. "I know how you feel. I'm excited too!"  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:33 am
Yurastar he/him - a western (not really a) problem child

The egg was silent despite what Yurastar assumed to be movement within and, if all the lessons his mother and father and the Twins and the twins (sometimes) and the Candidatemaster had drilled in to him meant anything, that was okay. The egg/dragonet didn't owe him a response of any sort and he would be rude to expect such a thing. Thanking the egg for its time with an affectionate rub, Yurastar was careful as he moved about - there was a massive blue dragon on the sands now - and he picked his way through touching eggs as he moved. The clutch was beautiful and wonderful and he was excited that his luck was holding! That he was doing so good!

Carrying that excited feeling with himself, he stopped near a medium-sized egg that felt more than welcoming. Wanting to show that he did indeed feel welcomed and was grateful for it, the young teen placed his hand atop the Be Our Guest! egg's shell with gentle pressure. "I'm happy to be here, because of eggs like you and your siblings. Thanks for making me feel that way."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:46 am
Sahrawith - green dragon(et), off the sands

Rizdax would find a soft voice entering his mind, one that was coated with mint and coolness as it spoke to him. She'd singled him out after all, knowing his specific flavor from their time spent together...and also the fact that there was a small firelizard chirping anxiously about her and hers, all the while stressing over the young man. It made locating him very easy, not that she'd tell the truth and say that was how she was able to contact him.

Radish, I'm assuming this excited little one is yours? Sahrawith sent a flash of green to the boy, for confirmation. Don't worry, Mine is keeping her calm and full of sweets. When you are done come and find us and she will be returned. The green dragon couldn't actually hold the firelizard hostage, but maybe she wanted to check on her friend after the touching - those events could be stressful, or so she'd heard.

Hattaki
hereeeee

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:54 am
DaffuPanda

Firebolt

Here's someone fun! Firebolt has also never left the Weyr......it can't wait to see everything! What's this? What's this? Oh! Liulfr may not have gone out and seen the world yet, but Firebolt has plenty it can explore just in here! Was he ready to go? It was ready to go! Go! GOOOO!!!!

Go The Distance

Go The Distance offers Lesleigh a nudge of comfort. A chance to prove itself would be a good start - what kind of chance is Lesleigh hoping for? And who does she want to prove herself to?

houllow

Imperio

It's almost like Imperio is looking over Haveli, presence stroking underneath where the young woman's hand sits. Oh, dear girl, there is so much worth waiting for and here you are cutting them loose so early. Patience....patience....

Go The Distance

Is Fisher thinking of her fathers when she asks those questions? Go The Distance has so much it wants. It wants Fisher to believe in it. Does she?

Be Our Guest

Yurastar! Welcome! Hello! Oh! Look at this head, full of wants! What can Be Our Guest do about all this? Hmmmmm. Maybe the boy should start collecting fantastic hats! Then Yurastar can be known as the fantastic hat boy instead of just worrying about standing in the shadows of his family, hmm? Some bold statement like that would surely help!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:40 pm
Rhylune-High reaches -She/her

Rhylune crooned slightly at the egg and beamed brightly, looking over the clutch. Where too next oooh... well, not that one. She wondered what that egg had done or someone else had done to be tugged away like that.

She should pick a new one.. ooh that one, blue and with clouds and she wonder if the hatchling inside already dreamt of flying. That would be cool. She set her hand on the Nimbus 2000 egg.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:01 pm
Jemi - She/Her- High reaches

Jemi removed her hand from the shell, lips curling in a sharp smile. Well, the egg wasn't terribly wrong. She was rabble. She accepted that she was rabble to. Nothing wrong with it.

She squared her shoulders and moved onward. Hmm, ahh, what was going on there? Jemi watched Krah move to an egg though the blue did not seem angry or removing any of them... though it seems something was going on at the other clutch. An egg was removed.

She considered and decided on the large pink egg. She reached out to lay a hand on the I'll Make a Man Out of You egg.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:31 pm
Rykin found himself patting the magenta egg like he might have stroked Burl, a perfectly pleasant little smile on his face. This dragon was homey and sweet, and just a little bit clingy. Cute.

I am having a very nice time, he thought, the words the closest thing to the truth he could manage. This experience was one he would never forget, but it was also nervewracking beyond belief. And all of you are my favorite. He had plenty of siblings. You never admitted to favorites unless you wanted to start a fight.

He remained with the You've Got a Friend In Me egg for another few minutes in spite of himself, enjoying the feeling of hospitality he gleaned from the hatchling inside, but soon it was time to move on. Another smallish egg caught his attention next, and once again he knelt to touch the When You Wish Upon a Star Egg.

I hope you find it, he said vaguely. Rykin shook his head, clearing it of the all the yearning he'd felt in the past. What you're looking for, I mean.

Quote:
Rykin

Pronouns: he/him

Blurb: A Journeyman Woodcrafter recently searched to Western who is a little bit 'wtf is my life' at the moment. Likes people and dragons who don't immediately put him into a category, even if that category is positive. Quiet, hides a lot about how he is feeling, nervous that his sister might be disappointed if he does something wrong today, nervous about his brother... in general.

Has Met:
      Colors of the Wind - an egg with purpose. gave me some spine when i needed it.
      Once Upon a Dream - a delightful busybody. i would have liked to stay and tell it some stories, but the hopping... i was a little worried i would be blamed for inciting The Bounce.
      You've Got a Friend in Me - cute. i'm not used to cloying, but i'm sure it means well.

Smerdle

Scamp

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:37 pm
Rahmi | HRW | He/Him

Rahmi flushed at the concerned inquiry and suggestion. The boy smiled and shook his head. 'OH! No, no! I'll be okay. Thank you though! You don't need to worry over me. One of your siblings just caught me off guard is all. I bet laying in the sand is nice. Just the thing to nap on. Very cozy...Well, thank you again.' Bidding farewell to Hufflepuff, the teen straightened and craned around. The rainbow spattered Felix Felicis Egg drew his attention. Making his way there, he rest his hand upon the shell and focused. 'Hi, in there. How are you doing? Feeling excited for all this?' He certainly was. It was all very new to him and he was learning so much!

````````````````````````````````````````

Solameya | HRW | She/Her

The pondering of her age as a candidate had Solameya biting back a grin. It was a simple fact, and one that still amused her. The weight of importance at the question the Expecto Patronum Egg posed of her wasn't lost on her, so she answered. 'Yes, a good bit. While I'm new to this place, it's been my job to protect people for about twelve turns now. Polite of you to ask. Is there anything else you'd like to know before I continue on my way?'  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:43 pm
Tuelarua - High Reaches Candidate [X]
Gender//Pronouns .||. Female//She

Oh! A soft laugh is pulled out of Tuelarua a bit unbidden at Firebolt’s playfulness. There would be so much fun to be had, and surely today could be fun, too! There would be all the time in the world for the rest of their life for running and jumping and playing. But surely she does--playing and having fun were so important. She recalls memories of shimmying up rocks and trees to the egg, grand little adventures to find a new horizon to paint, or little gatherings of firelizards playing in the air. Life was an adventure, and surely life would be one for Firebolt. With a sweet warmth, she wished Firebolt a good, happy day and withdrew her hand. Blinking near owlishly, she smiled at the other candidates nearby before turning away.

Where would she be off to, next? Fianth’s clutch was drawing her gaze, especially now that the fatherly blue had come to their side. Yet she’d taken a few steps towards the other clutch and stopped--where should she go first..?

Nonami - Western Candidate [X]
Gender//Pronouns .||. Agender//They

After a few beats, slowly working on their breathing once more, Nonami felt their nerves settle down finally. Brave, remember. They could do this--their siblings had, surely they could too! With the misplaced anger finally drained from Sectumsempra, and having observed the egg taken out of the clutch range to be tucked to their mother’s side, Nonami focused on the good feelings--a first touching, and soon enough their first hatching to stand for.

Walking closer to another side of the clutch, another egg caught their eye. Leaning against one of their siblings, the grey egg was rather nice--and they rather liked the near white stripes across their shell. Gingerly, Nonami placed their hand against the Auror egg’s shell, taking a gentle breath. “Hello, little one.”

Ielin - High Reaches Candidate [X]
Gender//Pronouns .||. Male//He

He feels utterly heartened by Go The Distance, holding his head up a little higher from such lavish praise by the egg. “Very determined.” He answers the egg verbally, smiling at the young egg before nodding. “You’ll do great things, I believe it. But one step at a time -- meet everyone today, hatch when your ready, and find yours.” Beyond that? The world was the egg’s playground. With a fond thought, he pulls his hand away -- for he has other eggs to meet, and Go The Distance needed to meet so many others, as well.

He spies candidates around him that he recognizes, yet doesn’t want to disturb them while they’re busy with eggs. So, shuffling politely around them, he skirts Krahsujunth’s large from to peek around at other eggs.

The one he steps up to is small, a sort of bluey-purple in color. Colors of the Wind seemed so utterly serene, as he reaches out to gently touch their shell. “Hello there.” He murmurs quietly, gentle. “Are you enjoying meeting so many candidates today?”

Cavera - High Reaches Candidate [X]
Gender//Pronouns .||. Female//She

L-love…?

Even with the heat of the sands, Cavera’s face bloomed with a gentle blush. Oh, certainly there could be.. feelings. Yet she smiled, nodding if slightly. A wonderful man, she’d been so happy to meet him.. A bit like an old love tale, with a new spin on it. But, a searchrider? “They’re a dragon and rider who come to find candidates to meet eggs just like you -- I’m very grateful to him just to meet you.” It was earnest praise for Someday My Prince Will Come, nodding. Was her situation terribly romantic? She’d like to think it was so… A bit like one of the romantic stories she was raised on, and read with such wonder.  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:44 pm
Whren - He/him- High reaches

Whren paused and let out a breath, fingers stroking over the shell. 'She is safe, you don't have to get your father.' He tried to keep his thought soothing and pulled back before the hatching could get anything else.

Nothing close by... he tangled his fingers in his braid, and smoothed out to tug lightly on the ribbon, moving forward and finally touched the shell of the 'Be Prepared' egg.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff