Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Hatching] In Their Eyes Shine Stars Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sariraii

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:25 am
Nyrida - Whren
Nyrida watched, her skin going pale, as the brown and bronze fought. She kept her composure, her expression neutral, if not a bit drained--even when the blue stalked over to a candidate and mauled her. She tried not to let her doubts creep into her mind, but couldn't help the concern. She peered around the candidates nearby, but was relieved to find that the candidate in question wasn't...well. She wasn't dead.

The young woman watched the eggs and dragons, a solemn expression on her face, even as she tried to offer positivity and love through her thoughts. She was tired--it was late, and there had already been much bloodshed. Would they all survive the hatching? She tried so hard not to indulge the worries, not while on the sands, but couldn't help the slight way they crept into her mind. She wanted the best for these dragonets, she did. She wanted the best for the candidates, too, and could only hope that--

She glanced towards the young man beside her, offering a tense, stiff smile. It was not so different from her usual smile, but perhaps a tad more strained. "You are correct, in that I am from Western Weyr," she replied, keeping an eye on the eggs and dragons, but pausing to observe her new conversational partner. "It is not my first time standing, and I am sure it will not be my last." Whether that statement was pessimistic--would she Impress?--or optimistic--she would continue to try, and she would survive--was difficult to tell. Naturally, it did seem more of the former.

"Ah, forgive me. That is perhaps not my strongest introduction thus far." A wry smile, faint but present, tugged at her features for a moment. She was rambling. She shouldn't be saying these things to a stranger, despite how she felt. Well, she could have said worse. "Greetings. My name is Nyrida, candidate of Western Weyr." Much better. Clearly.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:50 am
Whren - High Reaches - He/him/his

Cool gray eyes linger slightly on the smile, catching a bit of strain and tenseness but it was expected after... the mauling. He listened, watching the hatchlings go about their search, eyes occasionally flickering up to track the young woman next to her. "It is fine, I didn't even bother to introduce myself, before opening up a conversation."

"I'm Whren, candidate of High Reaches Weyr, and this would have been hmm, I think I have forgotten." He considered the hatchings that had come and passed. "Over ten, I think. You should not doubt yourself. Your dragon will find you when it is time."

He relaxed a bit, focusing on the shaking eggs and found his eyes resting on the bronze more often then not. He was a handsome hatchling.

sariraii
Nyrida

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:55 am
Yllaei/Journeyman Baker/Her (Standidate)

Yllaei continued to watch as the brothers continued to fight, the bronze even getting a chunk out the his brown brother. She shook her head, but felt some relief when the bronze went off to impress. His brown brother seemed to find his rider as well. She even saw a blue burst out of his egg and rip into one of the candidates and get some pieces from some of the others around the girl too. From the way that happened, she could only assume something about the girl upset her. That was confirmed when he seemed to calm when the deed was done, like he was satisfied now. She had to say, these dragons did seem to take after their parents in the kind of hatching they had had.

"Aww, that poor blue looks so sacred. At least the more energetic blue impressed. And such a sweet moment with that girl and bronze, even if it isn't her's,"she spoke to the others.

Meepfur
If M'yk is there

Hattaki
If Belia is there

Demanthra and Green Monath

Ah dearest, Sophrosunth, I wish I could, but my duty is down here giving Mine an extra pair of eyes. However, if you want to talk with me from our different perches, I would not be opposed at all. Perhaps, you will be able to calm me if I get upset again,Monath thought to her blue brother gently. She had calmed since the gold had calmed her, the wave of affection from Aresoth and her blue brother calling out to her helped. Her attention returned to the sands as the babies began to hatch and a battle between bronze and brown happened. Well, that was certainly familiar, she thought to herself, thinking about her brothers. As they impressed, along with one of the blues, she felt relief. She was sure the brown's rider would get him medical care.

I am glad the injured candidates were taken by the healers, hopefully all of them will be fine too.Demanthra thought to her dragon with worry. She felt Monath sending comfort to candidate and baby dragons alike. It also was noticed as a bronze went up to Kinye and seemed to have a moment, a smile coming to her lips at that.

medigel

Zamistia and Brown Nanuth

Zamistia was told that F'nar was on his way into her, which made her feel better. She knew he didn't have anyone he was looking out for on the sands, but also that he would come for her sake. Not long after she got word of him coming, R'iz came over, she saw his eyes go to the sands, probably to check on Nala himself. Her own eyes drifted to their candidate friend, hoping Nala would stay safe during this hatching. Just then, she heard Shar's voice, it seemed her friends had gotten her message from Nanuth. She nodded her head, this seemed more like a clutch where things shouldn't get as bad...she hoped. Plus, hopefully with the three of them to lend their luck to Nala, she would finally get the luck she had shared with them a little more than a turn ago.

Her hopes for things to not be too bad seemed to be dashed as a brown, blue, and bronze were the first to hatch. Which she knew wasn't a bad thing, until she saw the bronze and brown start to fight. She could feel Nanuth cheering in her mind, of course he was, she sighed. The red head, on the other hand, reached out to hold F'nar's arm at watching the brothers fight. The hold was even more as a blue emerged later and mauled a candidate, before calming down.

"Do you think she is going to be alright?"she asked her friends and F'nar with worry and a small bit of hope, motioning to the candidate. Not to mention, would things calm, as she noticed three impressions, leaving Nala and others safe down there. She knew her friends had been injured during the hatching they had gotten their bondmates.

Ahaha, sister dear, one question at a time. Yes, Mine and I are both doing perfectly well. Drills have not been easy, but I have been relishing the challenge. And she has someone who has been keeping her quite warm in this winter weather. You know I would tell you if anything was wrong,Nanuth assured her. He looked over when Cythereath came over to cuddle up next to Mic. Hearing Misty remind him in his head to be nice, he assured her he would be polite. He didn't say anything, knowing the comments was meant for Mic. He did send a wave of support for Nala down below after he picked up on her thank you.

Hattaki
For F'nar, R'iz, and Bossuth

Sweet Symmetry
For Mic

SilverLutz
For Shar and Yulan

magnadearel
For Nala

Uta
acknowledging his cousin

((Ashlyn/Gyafrith are with the Weyrling team and Ash'il/Iptoneth are up in the stands))  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:00 am
Kinyegele

And like that, he was gone again. Kinye looked after the bronze dragon as he resumed looking over the boys, all but missing as the Holly Blue triumphantly approached one of the others to make their Impression. A small smile came over her face as she looked on. "How good for him," she said, finally settling her heart and any disappointment she could have had.

But it felt strange to be considered 'too good' or 'too kind'. As though either thing could actually be a bad thing. She'd not waver, however. She'd just be happy she got that single moment.

Other eggs needed her attention now, however, and Kinye took a moment to clear her head of any lingering feelings for the dragon that could never be hers before looking away to the others who were still on the move. Like that poor little blue! Oh!

Hello little one! I'm sorry everything has been so scary! Is there anything I can do to make it a little less scary?

-----

Dorok

"The healers will take care of it," Dorok stated in utmost confidence, if only to mask how uneasy it had been watching the blue beeline towards her with their claws and fangs at the ready....and just how quickly they'd put both things away and regained something that resembled civility. It was very jarring.

He forced himself to not look at the Snowman blue out of sheer guilt, focusing instead on the little green that was roaming now with no shortage of curiosity.

"I wonder if she'll be the next to impress," he suggested to distract himself. Or perhaps they'd be getting a closer look at that bronze as he scoped out the boys. Perhaps for Dehka? He didn't actually know Orri well enough to wonder if the dragon would be for him instead.

Tsunake

medigel

------

Juhvek

Good, it seemed to have distracted them all from the violence of the blue who would likely soon start making his rounds to look over all of the candidates and find theirs. While they did their part to send out some good vibes to the blue, he took a quick updated check over the sands to make sure nobody was getting too close to their little group.

For now, it seemed all would be well. For now.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:24 am
This hatching was almost mild, compared to some Rhiyn had seen. He rubbed the back of his neck, trying to empty his mind of the nerves he felt before letting it fall to his side. He looked to Tarroi. Rhiyn hadn’t gone to any particular person this hatching—each time his group of candidate friends seemed to shrink! They were all riders now. But he’d known Tarroi a few turns. He’d saw him standing alone.

“Do you think the bronze will come this way?” He asked. “Or that blue?” Poor scared thing. If only they could do something to make him more comfortable.

Tatterpixie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 am
Candidate Tarroi

Tarroi had to agree with Rhiyn -- this had been a fairly low-key Hatching so far. Compared to some, at least. "I hope so," he replied to the other Candidate as they both watched the little bronze make his way through the group. Tarroi had been known as a bit of a bronze-chaser back when he was younger, but at this point he'd be happy to Impress any color.

He looked over at the scared little blue. "Hope that little one's okay..."

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:41 am

While the Snowflake Egg seemed fit to thrash itself to pieces, the Red and Green Present Egg had managed to... well... sort of hatch. At minimum, there were little blue feet sticking out of an otherwise intact shell. Rolling, the baby got himself to his feet, and tried to get properly oriented. Oh dear.

Well... there went nothing. Trotting out with the egg still very much attached, the infant blundered directly into Christmas Tree Egg and Caroling Note Egg. The former cracked right down the side, and the latter actually rolled.

A started squeak split the air as the baby (and egg) went careening directly into Elf Stocking Egg. In the resulting commotion, the Caroling Note and Elf Stocking eggs hatched into a pair of greens - one quite a lot larger than the other. The smaller Caroling Note green squealed in indignation, stomping her foot aggressively as she sized her sister up.

But Elf Stocking green gave an apologetic cheep. Mollified for the moment, the tiny Caroling Note green surveyed her surroundings... and then when running right up to the nearest group of Candidates. Did you see that? Wasn't I something? she asked Dorok, Dehka, and Orri.

The Santa bronze, meanwhile, had certainly not made up his mind. However, the hubbub drew his attention away from the Candidates, and he regarded the swath of destruction that Red and Green Present blue had caused with mild dismay.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:49 am
“Me too,” Rhiyn agreed. A bronze would be nice, but he too would be happy with any color. He’d once hoped to Impress at the same time Demanthra had. Instead she was now the candidate master’s assistant. Maybe this time. “Come on, little blue, it’s alright.”

Wasn’t it?

There were blue feet sticking out of one egg. He bumped into two, causing one to roll. Shards! But it seemed alright.

tatterpixie

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:53 am
Tuelarua - HR Candidate, She/Her/Hers

It seemed the little Snowflake Egg was having issues, though Tuelarua believed in the little dragon within. The egg chaos happening around it drew her gaze, as a little blue… legs? stuck out of Red and Green Present Egg. The egg that was sent careening (as well as the egg that it hit!) was revealed to be two greens. But the smaller of the two greens went in search of candidates to.. talk to? Investigate? Something, certainly. But at least neither seemed harmed by the bumping.

-----------

Ahula - HR Candidate - She/Her

The two greens warmed Ahula's hearts, glad that there hadn't been another fight amongst the babies. There was still plenty of time and babies, though she'd hope there would be no more fighting.

"I hope the little blue by Zenobiath is okay." She murmured to Urzoh, though more an idle comment to herself. He had seemed okay, yet she couldn't help but fret softly. Surely His could help tend those fears for him?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:57 am
Rahmsii - HR - [he/him]

Rahmsii watched the Snowflake egg thrash. Brows knitted with soft worry, would it make it out of its shell okay? This clutch was strong, surely they’d have no trouble? You can do it little one - come on, were his coaxing thoughts. It was an awful lot of wiggling, thrashing - they had spirit to be sure! It was one of the eggs Tuela had painted with he and (poor) Miela after the Touching. His eyes lingered at the little blue by its mother - such a good clutchmother, making her child feel safe.

Caroling Note had hatched as had Red and Green Present Egg, two he had seen in the short Touching. He was happy that he had a chance to see their shells hatch (even if one happened to just be little paws sticking out a while)! The bronze didn’t look pleased about the chaos.. Hopefully the wouldn’t find it a reason to be cross like his other bronze brother.

Urzoh - HR - [she/her]

“I’m sure the little guys fine,” Urzoh reassured Ahula. “He looks like he’s getting a pep talk from his Mama. I’m sure he’ll feel confident in no time.” She picked ambiently at the fraying bottom of her robe. There was so much to see - no matter how many hatchings she’s stood for there was nothing like seeing the shells shake and hatch up close. The wandering little steps of the hatchlings, warmed her very heart.  

Spockat

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:07 pm
Dehka

Dorok's confident reply was easy to believe in, but Dehka still worried. He'd have to go to see her once the Hatching was over, just in case... His gaze went to the first little green as she trotted about, wondering. "Maybe! She certainly..."

He trailed off as one egg managed to hatch... or, break its legs free, anyway, before it smacked into several other eggs. Two more greens spilled onto the sands, and Dehka could only watch incredulously as the smaller of the pair asserted herself at once. Her larger sister gave way, and Dehka's breath caught as the small green in question promptly rushed over and spoke to them. Oh!

"Y-Yes!" He stuttered, shocked and flattered that she was speaking to them. How pretty she was! "You were magnificent...!" And luckily, her sister hadn't seemed interested in squaring off!

demon_pachabel

medigel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:13 pm
Dorok

And so much seemed to happen all at once! Dorok followed the little blue-legged-egg as it went on the run (well, a walk rather) and knocked into a couple of its siblings. Then one of the eggs went rolling and Dorok flinched a little as the Caroling Egg rolled into another egg.

But it hadn't ended too badly it seemed. At least until it looked as though there was going to be another fight between sisters this time. "I was hoping we were done with- oh..." and even before he'd said it, the larger Elf Stocking Green had made her ammends and Caroling Note Green was off to see.... them!

Or at least their little group. Dehka seemed smitten immediately, but Dorok had gotten the feeling he just loved all dragons all the time without any hesitation. He envied that a little bit - he sometimes wondered about that in himself.

"We did see. You were - and you still are - something," he added.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:16 pm
Avali

Thankfully, the fight between the bronze and brown had ended... though the brown definitely needed help! When they both Impressed, and healers rushed towards the injured brown, Avali knew the best thing she could do was just stay out of the way. Oh my, she really hoped he pulled through!

The sound of another egg cracking pulled her eyes back to what was going on. Ah, there... the red and green egg was now sporting some charming little blue feet! As she watched, it rolled to it's feet, and... Oh. Oh, it had staggered right into some of the other eggs! And one of them had gone rolling off, to hit yet another shell, resulting in both eggs cracking open.

And such lovely greens they were!

----------

Ryala

Ah, there was another egg hatching! Well... maybe! The blue within the egg seemed to be having some trouble getting the rest of himself free, as he stumbled into a few other eggs. Ryala thought one of them had broken, but she couldn't be sure. Another, the one with the pattern that looked like eighth notes, spun off, to crash into the stocking egg. She didn't even realize that she'd been holding her breath until she saw the two greens that pulled themselves free from the wreckage. The smaller one was displeased though, and for a moment the redheaded girl was afraid that there would be another draconic altercation... But no, they managed to quickly sort themselves, and the smaller of the two went to a group of candidates.

Hmm, maybe one of the little beauties would stop to see her, too? Shifting again from the heat, she waited to see what would happen.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:34 pm
[kaiator & bronze argamath - he/him - HR]

He'd taken up a place at the feeding tables, delicately passing Argamath the bits of meat he determined would be good enough for him--Kaiator knew what he was looking at, and he wasn't about to hand his dragon something less than perfect. Argamath, to his credit, was maintaining his decorum rather well, refusing to stoop so low as to gorge himself like some common Blue.
And speaking of common Blues, the one His had been so enamored with had decided to show up, this time with a brand new weyrling in tow.

Mikkeluth. Argamath would, at the very least, acknowledge him. There were wisps of red in his eyes for a few moments, swirling about as his emotions cycled through. Congratulations on finding Yours. Especially considering that meant His wasn't going to be putting his hands on Mikkeluth again. No, all his attention was for his dear Argamath now. Kaiator didn't mind at all, and the soft reassurance of such made the little Bronze hold his proud head even higher still, looking like some tiny king.

"Congrats!" Kaiator called over to Ar'twa, beaming at him and the Blue following on his heels. "There's still plenty of spots here, as I'm sure you can tell. We're both quite early."
Alright, that was one of the freshly-Impressed dragonets present and accounted for, but where was-- Maestoth. Argamath calmly interjected, taking another chunk of meat. With the Healers, likely.
Oh. Right.
Indeed.
...should I apologize to Maestoth's when they get here?
I wouldn't, but...I won't argue. This is our day, and I don't want it to be ruined by some little upstart who can't figure out when things are done.
How thoughtful of you.
You'll find I'm many things, Mine. And all of them are glorious.

faesinger
howdy boys!!

Meepfur
b/c argamath has Opinions on maestoth

[alisaide - they/them/he/him - HR]

More Blues! Each of them was such a gorgeous reminder of the sea and sky, and Alisaide desperately wished they'd been able to bring their journal along so they could jot down every little thing they saw. They had to remember everything about this--everything except maybe the carnage, but...probably that too, for the sake of not having a particularly biased account of things. Alisaide grimaced slightly at the thought, but they knew the Healers were currently working on everyone who'd gotten mauled, be it dragon or human; there was nothing they could do to help, so they stayed in place, idly trying to brush off the shards of egg that still clung to them. Maybe they should keep one of the bigger pieces so they could give it to the man that had Impressed the Bronze that had come from it? That didn't seem like too bad of an idea, really, save for the fact that this robe didn't have pockets.  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:18 pm
dhawsn - he/him

"What, m'I supposed t'be in a hurry?" Dhawsn coughed a chuckle, stretching his arm out as the bandages were wrapped about it. He'd been at this for, what, five or six turns now. Maybe he should have felt some urgency because of the impending age cut off, and yet he didn't in that moment. It was all about seeing the other kids being safe. "F'I got someone out there, they'll come find me. I seen it happen. Tell her not t'worry about that either, 'kay?"

He wanted to say more, but the man had taken Miela away, and he was stuck in place for a while. Damn. There wasn't technically anything more he could do, but Dhawsn wanted to anyway. He was a worrier, and his hands fidgeted as he was tended to. Luckily, once released, he found a familiar face to latch onto. He tried not to pick at his bandages as he lumbered over.

"Hey, hun," he called to Helane, bandaged and a bit bloody still in his robes and grinning nonetheless like it didn't continuously sting. "'Member me? Ya look better than last time, tha's good."

xRevel1984

xSilverLutz

- - -

orri - he/him

He had full confidence in the healers too--look how they had taken care of him and Dehka at the double clutch--but he still winced inwardly nonetheless. There was always the hope that the hatching would go smoothly, like the Tea batch had as he was told. That one hadn't had a Touching due to its impromptu nature; he wondered if there was a correlation, and if the Candidatemasters were considering doing away with it...

He almost missed the small commotion happening and blinked as he watched the eggs crack and roll. If there was a flinch at the movement, he hoped no-one noticed, as he briefly saw a very different green coming their way. "Oh!" A small chuckle came out of him as the smaller Carol Note green approached. "You had perfect form," Orri told her with a nod, smiling self-consciously. "Poised even when surprised. We're honored you visited."

xTsunake

xdemon_pachabel

- - -

mel - she/her

Welp, being alone wasn't going to work out. She'd definitely have to nag those two about ditching her, even if it wasn't technically their faults. So she inserted herself into a nearby conversation like she had always been there, arms behind her head.

"S'calmin' down, he'll be fine," Mel agreed. "What I'm wonderin' s'if we can make the others Impress faster. Ain' these kids hungry? I can practically smell the meat form here."

xPrism Shine

xSpockat

- - -

arlie & white alegriath

She grew anxious. Through Alegriath, she could hear the different snippets about what was going on, and she hated herself for having to be in a position where she couldn't be there in the stands watching. Haveli had stood by her back then, even when she had run away. And now Arlie was yet again missing for her sister's big day because of her own weakness.

She cried against her dragon's hide, and she cried some more when she heard that Haveli had been injured. Alegriath did her best to soothe her physically and mentally.

< You're gonna be okay, > she said, reaching out to Haveli. It wasn't as strong and sunny bright as usual at Arlie's request, since she had to be in a lot of pain. < You're really strong! And we love you. And someone else will there too, I bet! >

houllow

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games