Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mictecath's Hatching] Sing Me Anything (Open) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:45 pm
ISHA

Isha turned to look at the sudden company and gave a bit of a nod. "I mean, this is my first hatching in practice, so everything is new to me. From what I've read though, yeah, pretty uncommon." So was probably being ran over by an egg, and then instantly Impressing afterward. Really, there was so much about this hatching that was one for the history record if anyone dared to be honest about it and that was pretty cool. Isha's love of writing had turned into a love of history over the Turns, and here she was living it.

Very nice.

"Also, I totally called that egg being a white." That last bit had to be added, to puff what what tiny bits of ego Isha allowed out on the sands with her. "It was...good of you to help them out. Hopefully after Impressions end they'll remember and come by to thank you." Certainly it'd be nice manners, and so far all the dragons had seem extremely polite. Really, if the hatching stayed calm with no blood that was perfectly acceptable to Isha and probably to the poor healers who looked forward to not having anything to do on their hands save for minor bumps and bruises. "Anyway, look. You think it's an Impression?"

She motioned towards the green dragonet that had moved to a young man, pointing a bit with her shoulder. "Though really, all these dragons seem super affectionate and cuddly so uh....unless they walk off together who can really tell?"

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:50 pm
Dextelia and Green Miryaath - Impression Post

Oh thank you! Thank you for reminding me, and for finding her! You're so right, she's the perfect beginning... my Dextelia!!

A voice speaking out, saying her name had Dextelia pause in the process of getting up, watching as another green came over, rising on her hind legs and flapping her wings before lightly bumping her head against the other. The girl couldn't only watch as she came towards her and then she was back on the ground.

The feel of the little body trembling, the emotions that were just flowing off of the green would have been enough to knock the young girl down even if she hadn't physically done it. Oh but the normally bouncy Dextelia was still at the moment, processing everything that was going on. She had had her name called, everything almost felt as if it were a dream and the fog only lifted as she let her eyes move to lock upon Miryaath as the green spoke to her again.

Oh! My Dextelia!! There you are, and I've found you at last! Oh, I hardly can believe you're real!! Today is the day both our dreams come true... yours, and your Miryaath's!

"My Miryaath..." She spoke the words slowly, softly at first as the rainbow whirling eyes of the green stayed locked with hers. "My Miryaath...My Miryaath.. My Miryaath!" Each time she spoke the words they grew louder and more excited until she exclaimed them as loud as she could, her arms wrapping tightly around the green as Miryaath let out a happy trill, her own body once more moving from the excitement.

Yes! Your Miryaath. My Dextelia! Oh it's so wonderful! The green slipped from her rider's grasp and danced a small bit away only to allow the girl to stand up before she was once more by her side. Oh! I can't wait to see who all is picked! And the feast will be so much fun! And your cousin will be so proud! Miryaath was chattering on as Dextelia just watched the green fondly before both of them felt a pang of hunger in their gut. Oh but...I suppose that can wait until I've eaten With her body still pressed close to Dextelia the pair walked off the sands towards the tables with Dextelia pausing to grab a bucket of meat and a knife and finding a place to sit.

Brothers! Sister! Look at mine! Isn't she wonderful! Yours are so perfect as well! Miryaath sat near Dextelia waiting as patiently as she could, though she had a hard time sitting still, reaching out to her siblings who were already at the tables.

Uta
Astraioth

demon_pachabel
Sabyrth

SilverLutz
Corovniath

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:53 pm

Really, the view couldn't get much better than this, Vsila mused as she lounged against young Lord Tansley. The drama of hatching dragonets was something to behold, and behold she did. "They do seem to be rather healthy," she agreed, taking note of the onlookers and Candidates alike. None of them appeared in any sort of distress to her, though why a dragonrider should be in such a state was beyond her. It was not, after all, Vsila's purview to have an opinion on the matter.

Her job was quite simple. "Not a skinny one between them," she remarked, noting that they appeared more than merely healthy. Dragonriders, on the whole, seemed quite fit. More attractive than the average person; one of the few rumors that had proven out.

Ah, but there were so many other things to look at, like the ruckus down on the Sands. There had appeared to be quite the harper's tale playing out, but then all seemed rather more quiet. As good as the view was, she still couldn't see everything.

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:55 pm
Relku

Relku had thus far observed the Hatching, well...stoically. He had plenty of kind and welcoming thoughts, to be sure, though outwardly it would have been hard to tell. He just stood with his arms crossed, occasionally shifting his weight as need be to account for the heat of the Sands, and watched. Not that he'd been averse to a word or two with a neighbor, but all in all, he'd neither said nor done much - not out of a lack of interest, but because he was simply fairly content with watching and waiting, in this case. Though he could sometimes be restless, especially when there was something he wanted, but he knew full that there was nothing he could do to make a dragon choose him. It was all just a matter of waiting, though sometimes - mostly in the days after a Hatching - it could rankle a bit.

With dragonets here, there, and everywhere, and all the drama with the digging, he missed that a green was headed his way until she was upon him; fortunately, all she wanted was a cuddle. "Hello there," he said, looking down at her with a warm smile - one he didn't give to many at all. Her question was a loaded one if ever there was one, but he'd answer it all the same. "Of course I have. Only a fool wouldn't want a friend like you."

True, he new little about her other than that she was a green, and sweet, and apparently fond of cuddles. He'd had Turns and Turns to dream of what his eventual dragon might be like: color, personality, all of it, and there'd been no few iterations of that dream. Before his father had left, he'd pined for a bronze like his, but in the time since, he'd really stopped caring, though not in a fatalistic way. They were all perfect, and surely, his would be too.

Of course, his heart beat a little faster to have a hatchling so near, as it always did when they drew close, but there were no rainbows in those eyes. Still, he was happy for the visit.  

Meepfur
Crew

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:59 pm
kedriom - he/him

Sabryth had looked them over, but Kedriom certainly wouldn't deny the Teal and Blue Spiral Green her opportunity to do so as well. He hadn't let himself relax since the Brown had taken his leave, and staying on his toes was hardly a problem, besides. Still, he was happy to give her the attention she wanted, only pausing to flash Jhiroquel a brief smile to reassure him.

"You're wonderful." Kedriom didn't have to fake his enthusiasm--the Green truly was beautiful, and Hers would surely be ecstatic to meet her when the time came. "I hope you've been, ah--having a good time out here. Have you seen everything you wanted to?"

Samuel Carlin

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:07 pm
Teal and Blue Spiral Green absolutely preened at Kedriom's words - how aptly said, how wonderful for him to notice - but of course, she'd known he would.

She stretched out her wings properly for the first time since she'd hatched, allowing the young man to really get a proper look at how massive her wingspan was, and even went so far as to do a little turn in place so he could truly admire her. Yes, she wanted his attention all over her. But, she was happy to give as good as she got.

I've been having the most marvelous time, dear Kedriom - though it seems everybody is moving the party over to the feeding tables now and I'd so certainly like to join everybody there! she explained, looking up at the young man with only the most beautiful gaze a baby dragon could give any candidate - all awhirl with rainbows and with nothing but absolute love.

So tell me, my Kedriom - are you surely ecstatic to meet your Cesirath or should I walk by again?

User Image

Zaikt

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:08 pm
Little Red and Gold Flowers brown hwenk'd in surprise when Rosebud's shell split open to reveal his tiny sister, though his eyes swam with happy colors at the sight of her (indeed, his vision was swimming a tiny bit at this point as well, but that was fine, of course!). He nuzzled happily at her before sitting back to steady himself. I'm very glad you could join us, sister.

Even as Green Vine left to go to Hers! How splendid for her. It was at this point he actually had a moment to consider the Candidates who'd helped them, and saw how very sandy they were. My sincerest apologies for all of the sand, he said, bowing his head in contrition. It was not my intention to get you dirty.

ShinosBee

BastetAmun

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:17 pm
Zelaya - They/Them/She/Her

"Oh, really? Well, congratulations on being here, however it goes," Zelaya hadn't quite clocked that Isha was new, though if they'd thought about it for more than a moment they'd have realized. They continued to idly dust themselves off just enough to not be distractingly itchy, looking around at all the hatchlings as they went about their ways. "It could be... or she's seeking comfort and attention. Nothing wrong with that, it's a special thing to even get to talk to one of the hatchlings..."

And on that note, they looked back around at Red and Gold Flowers, giving a humble duck of their head and a faint smile. "It was our pleasure, don't worry about it at all. Helping your sister out was more than worth the mess, and it will wash right off later." Tiny Rosebud white was a charming, marvelous thing... even if not everyone at High Reaches might think so. In truth they had never considered impressing a white dragon... but hearing her voice, helping her to be uncovered and freed... well, who would reject such a hard little worker? Hopefully she'd find just the right one.
houllow
Meepfur

ShinosBee

Nerd

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:23 pm

With another happy boop for Red and Gold Flowers, the Rosebud white considered her options and... well, wasn't this just perfect? ZelayaMine, you found me when I needed you, the dragonet said cheerfully, stretching out her gangly yet diminutive body so that she could nuzzle against the Candidate's hand.

Somewhere in the Stands, Zelaya's father was watching, and the dragonet was conscious of this too. Perhaps Zelaya had never thought themself the perfect Candidate for a white dragonet, but here Rosebud was! Your Dhruvath knew you'd come. And how wonderful Zelaya was for finding her! How clever indeed.

User Image

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:36 pm
I know where Mine is. Of that, I'm quite certain! But-- The White Tiger Blue turned to look toward Astraioth, concern in his hearts until Nedemar ran to collect His. With his brother's wellbeing assured, the White Tiger Blue could turn his attention back toward the matter at hand, although he certainly made sure to send Astraioth a gentle nudge of love all the same. I would not presume to abandon my fellows so early. We've yet to find Yours, after all!
He hwenked, prancing along after the Green Spotted Blue with utter delight. Pausing to look back over his shoulder at the Purple and Gray Space Blue, the White Tiger Blue trotted in place, eagerly waiting to see where his brothers would go next. He was sure they'd find Theirs both in the most perfect manner--they were each such wonderful dragons, and he had no doubt that their riders would adore them as they well deserved.

And good luck, both of you! Not as if you'll need it, but still.

Uta
love for sparkly bro

Meepfur

Tsunake

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:41 pm
Razanel
The young man gave a low, quick whistle at the admission of a third individual in her family who was a rider. "You've got me beat, for sure," he grinned, willing to concede in the faux-competition. "No doubt it's just a matter of time for us both." That was, of course, the Candidate's mantra. Until they aged out or gave up, all a Candidate could do was hope the next Hatching was the one their lives changed. He had no intention of aging out--but he wasn't in a hurry, either. There was a pleasant sort of freedom to the redundancy of Candidate life that reminded him of his time at sea. While there were days of hardship and strife, every day was about the same, and it had become, more or less, familiar. Work hard, play hard, Razanel had come to enjoy owning his freetime.

And if lately some of that freetime had a blonde involved, well, he was living proof that gentleman's did prefer blondes.

"Oh, hey, speak of the flitter," he pointed out the approach of the blue, who had been having a time of it earlier. He wasn't afraid of the dragonet, who didn't appear to be any sort of threat. In fact, the handsome fellow actually twined about him, and he had to steady himself so he didn't fall over! The urge to lean down and pat the blue like an old friend was incredibly strong. His heart leapt to this throat, wondering if maybe this might be the start of something grand?

"Hello there, handsome! How you doing? Good to finally meet you in the flesh, and all your exceptional pals!" He beamed, before giving a laugh at the others request. "I've got plenty since we last spoke but I don't know if the stories are Hatchlin' appropriate. But this here's Nisadee!" He hoped to distract. No sense blurting out who the star of his stories had been, nope, nope, nope. While he wasn't always a man with tact, he usually wasn't a complete idiot, either.

Meepfur
Welcome to Hatchlings After Dark with Razanel and Spotted Green Blue

Zaikt
In case your bby came along.

Tsunake
In case your bby came along.

Izaryel
Thankfully, the Hatching continued on without any further incident. Perhaps it was because Tyara and he had stayed closer to the background, or perhaps it was simply that the dragonets were settling in now that they were here. He did notice one egg had yet to Hatch, and he hoped the baby inside was okay. It was okay, right?

It was hard to know what to think, or what to feel. Most of the Candidates were all but strangers, and while he was glad the dragonets had begun to pair up, he was still wearing the weight of the morning's upset on his shoulders. All he wanted was his sister and he to get through. How he'd face his mother and Iz'el, he wasn't sure--but that was something to worry about later.

"The do seem very sweet, don't they?" He spoke, watching the dragonets a little more closely as time went on. It was almost easy to forget what had happened... until he looked at his sister's face. "If it hurts too much, or you need to go back to the healers, let me know," he whispered, just in case.

Dea and #Teddy#
Just hanging out

Melka
At her sister's question, the girl looked about. "I honestl couldn't say. That little bundle of sweetness? I suppose I would guess....... Shekkeh. Yes, I think she'd go nicely with that little sweetheart, don't you agree?" A sweet for a sweet--or at least that's the impression she got from them both.

"So many still unmatched though. Maybe one of those blues might check you out? Or that brown, eh?" She could see her sister on a strapping brown. A nice, strong, handsome beast like that would suit Draza just fine, if Melka ruled the world.

demon_pachabel
Gossip times.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:22 pm

So far Mictecath's clutch had been fairly tame, though every bit as interesting as the ones before it. Her children seemed quite charming, and Kedah was admittedly charmed. Each child appeared to have such a unique personality, some of them quite vocal about it! The young woman stood at the ready to greet any dragonet that might come near. There were a number of dragonets still moving about on the Sands, though a few had found their riders. Plenty of opportunities to be hopeful.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:55 pm
Zelaya and white Dhruvath—impression post

Zelaya had heard plenty of dragons talking before. They’d been luckier than most, in that way—especially for someone who’d grown up in a Hold. Still, it had been turns since they’d come to High Reaches Weyr, and in that time had been fortunate enough to make the acquaintance of many fine dragons. It was still a rare enough sensation as to snag their immediate attention, when it happened; that fine almost tickling sensation of having another mind brush against yours, speak through yours. This clutch had been particularly friendly and sociable, even when in the egg, so when the freshly hatched white dragonet spoke to them again, they took it in good, calm, unrealizing stride.

ZelayaMine, you found me when I needed you, the dragonet said cheerfully, stretching out her gangly yet diminutive body so that she could nuzzle against the candidate's hand. Never one to refuse a dragon, the young person obliged, offering scritches and fond strokes. She was almost frightfully tiny—so small that she had to rise up onto her slim hind legs to reach up and up enough to get her head even to Zelaya’s waist—and they were not so terribly tall themselves either. Still, it hadn’t quite clicked yet, and they knelt down to make it easier for the sweet tiny thing, who immediately pressed close, almost hungrily savoring their touch.

Of course, for a moment only the dragonet of the pair knew what frightful danger she… they… were in. Still, if this was her chance, if this was all she would get, before it was lost… she'd take it.

Your Dhruvath knew you'd come, she crooned, turning whirling rainbow eyes up to meet her Zelaya’s stubbornly single-shade ones. How much easier it would be, she briefly thought, if a person’s eyes changed with their thoughts, like a dragon’s did. It was simply so much more sensible… and would have put her quickening hearts at ease, when her precious person’s silence stretched, and their hands which had been so lovingly patting her, stilled as realization at last dawned.

As the span of breaths crawled by, the little white let her blue-purple-green eyes drift shut, her head dipping to rest against her Zelaya’s knee. She knew the hesitancy, the unexpected and yet anticipated strength of her hearts-choice’s confliction. But that was part of why she loved them so, wasn’t it? She had taken a leap of faith, and was ready to fall if that was her Zelaya’s choice…

Meanwhile in the young candidate’s chest, a knot was clenching and unclenching. A white dragon… they had never… never even begun to imagine. Thoughts flew through their mind, rapid-fire and scrambled, all trace of training gone in the rush of choice. They knew what was traditionally thought of white riders at High Reaches, by many. The struggles they both would face, the arduous work they would have to do. For an instant their father’s face flashed behind their eyes… but then was gone. Gone, because, what choice was there really? What more could they ever ask, had they ever wanted, but to serve, and to be honored enough to be chosen by one of Pern’s dragons for that service, whatever the color of their hide?

“Dhruvath…?”

She gave an almost keening sigh when at last they broke their silence, and spoke her name. Oh, to hear her name said even once by those lips, she felt she could fly to Rukbat and back, singing all the while!

My Dhruvath…? You would really… pick me?”

But of course she would. And Zelaya would always pick her back in turn. They were meant to be, in spite of any storm they might face in the days to come for it. Despite Zelaya’s own misgivings and misplaced understanding of the nature of things. They would overcome all of it together—because together they chose to. For turns Zelaya had stood by the adage that the dragon decides, the rider complies. Now they knew the truth—there could be no dragon’s choice that wasn’t in some way their rider’s choice too. At least not in this, in impression.

They pushed to their feet, arms wrapping tight around the little, gangly dragonet, refusing to be parted from her and hoisting her into a firm, gentle hugging carry. “She’s mine,” they said, plain and clear for all to hear—and did not look up into the stands for approval as they headed for the feeding area. Perhaps Z’tir would understand, perhaps not. But what mattered was—“She’s my Dhruvath.”

And you’re my Zelaya—finally!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:05 am
Xharrakai smiled as Sketchy Cupcake Blue returned to him shortly after his investigations. There were no reds- which was a sure sign he was in no immediate danger- so he relaxed. The words were even more reassuring, and he couldn’t help the laugh that began somewhere in his metaphorical boots. “Ha ha ha- okay, I recognise the skills of a good showman when I see one.” He added, his heart now rather fond of this darling creature. Strange that. He didn’t think he would be so affected by a dragon who hadn’t Impressed to him. Bonds were said to influence your heart in some unfathomable way, but this was just… play.

“Oh, oh no! Nooooo!” He began, as Cupcake Blue circled him as a predator hunting its prey. He gave a small, strangled yell as the dragon snapped at him, although no contact was made. “He’s bitten my arm! Cruel world, farewell my good writing arm! The romantic letters not yet written are a tragedy lost to Pern!” He gripped his arm, hiding it with his other, determined to play along despite the grin on his face. He sunk slowly to his knees and forced a singular tear to roll dramatically down his cheek. There. See. Humans had the advantage of that particular skill. Could dragons even cry?

Uta
Fondly playing with Sketchy Cupcake Blue!

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas