Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Say something about the person above you Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 ... 2772 2773 2774 2775 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to say something?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe?
  Screw it, I want gold.
View Results

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:35 pm
Jerin Firstborn
I agree that you shouldn't have to, but that is the way of the world. There are many things we have to deal with that we shouldn't have to. Unfair judgement is one.

I deeply respect those that fight to defend decent beliefs. I know decency is a relative term to most, usually defined by what they believe rather than an objective opinion, but there are some views that sometimes must be fought for. Defended, as it were.

I agree, as long as you don't mean "defending" beliefs by going to war, or anything such as that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:40 pm
Sekhmet
Jerin Firstborn
I agree that you shouldn't have to, but that is the way of the world. There are many things we have to deal with that we shouldn't have to. Unfair judgement is one.

I deeply respect those that fight to defend decent beliefs. I know decency is a relative term to most, usually defined by what they believe rather than an objective opinion, but there are some views that sometimes must be fought for. Defended, as it were.

I agree, as long as you don't mean "defending" beliefs by going to war, or anything such as that.

lol A little drastic for day to day life situations. But yeah, if there was a reason to go to war (genicide, cruel leadership) I say we should. To clarify, oil is not a good reason. I do not approve of the current wars going on. There are far worse crimes going on in the world (Dafur, Rwanda) that should be fought, but because there is no profit in them many nations let them go unchecked.  

Jerin Firstborn

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:44 pm
I don't think that war is ever justifyed, especially when it is about beliefs. Just because you beleive some one is a bad leader or such, doesn't mean that it is true. As soon as you bring beleifs into international warfare we turn into the "terrorist" only we call it "defending freedom" instead of "jihad"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:45 pm
Sekhmet
I don't think that war is ever justifyed, especially when it is about beliefs. Just because you beleive some one is a bad leader or such, doesn't mean that it is true. As soon as you bring beleifs into international warfare we turn into the "terrorist" only we call it "defending freedom" instead of "jihad"

Fair enough, and I support a peaceful stance. Are you aware of whats going on in places like Dafur though?  

Jerin Firstborn

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:48 pm
the genocide in Sudan? yes, I read genocide watch.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:50 pm
Sekhmet

And while I agree that all out war is not the answer, you still think nothing should be done about it, especially from industrialized countries that could?  

Jerin Firstborn

Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:52 pm
Jerin Firstborn
Sekhmet

And while I agree that all out war is not the answer, you still think nothing should be done about it, especially from industrialized countries that could?

the UN and international releif angencies should do all they can, yes, and war would be justified. But that is an out right human rights violation, it has very little to do with beleifs. Its logic and instinct.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:56 pm
it was great chatting with you, but I need to get to bed.
good night

-Kate  

Sekhmet

Jerin Firstborn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:01 pm
Sekhmet
Jerin Firstborn
Sekhmet

the UN and international releif angencies should do all they can, yes, and war would be justified. But that is an out right human rights violation, it has very little to do with beleifs. Its logic and instinct.

Logic doesn't always mean helping others. Most of the time logic is used to justify personal growth and need. Instinct (other then parental) is usually the same. I meant what I said, might for right, not for oil, land or any other greed based reason. Those reasons make me ill and sometimes sad.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:02 pm
Sekhmet
it was great chatting with you, but I need to get to bed.
good night

-Kate

Guess I posted too slowly, Night.  

Jerin Firstborn

Slim J.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:02 pm
I think everyone above me should check out the ATG NIGHT PARTY  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:52 pm
^is looking for a dollar in the couch cushions  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shinji Azumaki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:53 pm
^Looks like an Alarias  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:04 am
Nice drawings did you make them?  

Roleplay_Lover1

Shinji Azumaki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:06 am
// Your life revolves around two things....

No, the first was done by Mangacatgirl, the second one I am not sure who, and the third is not a drawing....just copying and pasting.

...Monocles and orange soda
//

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 ... 2772 2773 2774 2775 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games