Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:04 pm
User Image
User Image Yukon Knolle User Image
Unsorted First Year

▬▬"Potatoes have Skin. I have Skin."▬▬

When Jass said he was a first year, Yukon was relieved. Sure having introduced himself to an upper year wouldn't have been bad, but it wasn't as awkward to a first year. Yukon grinned, "Yes! We can find a compartment together! and then Jass mentioned the sky and Yukon frowned, it was a magic train, surely they could fly... it was probably quicker than cross country. He gulped, "I sure hope the train doesn't fly. I would like my roots thoroughly planted to the ground. No flying." He began walking to the train, and waved Jass along too, "Guess we better get on board before it leaves without us. Then you'll never know if it flies or not."

▬▬"Therefore, I must be a potato."▬▬

Where & Who: Jass at the train station
Thinking about: Friends? Yes friends!
Wearing: tan pants and white shirt

Kungfudemoness

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:24 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
fourth year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

You okay? she asked, leaning closer to August and asking in Chinese. August had been up earlier than she had this morning, making sure he had made and packed reviw guides for each class for each year prior. Then he’d flooed over to the Winchester Estate to make sure Wren was ready and introduce him to a few of their friends before they headed to Kings Cross. Wren had expressed his displeasure at every opportunity outside of his mother’s critical eye. You know how Wren gets a little cranky in the morning.

August nodded and let himself breathe for a moment. From the surface he was perfectly normal. But part of him was anxious he hadn’t prepared Wren well enough, and the other half was wondering if he had entirely killed the boy’s interest by being his usual “stick-in-the-mud” self. He should be okay unsupervised, right?”

”Sure. Wren might be... rough around the edges, but he’s quick to pick things up and has his own friends. Look, they’re talking to people now.

August nodded and turned his attention to the other young people. Princess Rhea and two of her friends seemed to have found each other. He waved with a smile; he’d make sure to greet them properly in a bit on the train and catch up. Right now, he had another first year to find. Right. I should go find Ferdie and see if Eion would like to ride with us. Are you going to find Kam before joining the other prefects?

Sona nodded and headed through the crowd and train to find her friends, leaving August to search through to the crowd. He didn't spot Ferdie but figured the office must still be blowing up because of what happened in London. By the time he spotted Eion with who he assumed was Mr. Delacroix, the conductor was making his last call. Eion! There you are, would you like to sit with me and a few friends? Not Sparrow, don't worry. She's not coming this year.”

setting Platform 9 3/4, September 2046 || with Eion, Emeric, formerly Sona and friends.
wearing Suit jacket and jeans +glasses || status Finding Eion and getting on the train.

Kungfudemoness

User Image User ImageUser Image

As a child you would wait
And watch from far away
But you always knew that you'd
be the one to work while they all play.
In youth, you'd lay
Awake at night and scheme
Of all the things you would change
But it was just a dream

"Warriors" by Imagine Dragons, from League of Legends, cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:07 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna
HufflepuffSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingle
Art Club Captain

"Awwwww," Katya said feelingly, when Mary started telling her about how boring her summer. "Yeah, I was studying for NEWTs too. Faina was tutoring me in Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfigurations, you know, when she wasn't busy with work. I'm thinking about being a Potioneer or maybe getting on at St. Mungo's, so I'd really better do well on my NEWTs too." She couldn't help giggling a bit about Mary's appreciation for jocks, even if she'd never really heard of American Football. "I hope you got pictures, I've never seen Muggle sports played before."

Katya was kinda disappointed to hear Quinn was being a bit of a jerk, and it explained why he wasn't with Mary like usual when they were getting ready to board the train. "Yeah, we went to St. Petersburg, and we took a train down to Moscow to see some of our other cousins there. I took a bunch of pictures when we were there too." When the subject of Cian came up, Katya had a hopeful look in her eyes, when she said, "I hope I see him soon. I got him a gift when we were in Moscow, and I got all dressed up today for the occasion, and letters just aren't the same."

Wearing a long white dress and bright canary-yellow sweater, she twirled around so Mary could get a look at the dress, and the high-heeled sandals on her feet. It was then she heard the call, and she added, "Oh, we'd better get a compartment. I know you have to do Prefect-stuff, but we can sit together when you're not doing that."

OOC:
mc2

Taken by Cian Quinlan

User Image
                  "Black clouds are behind me, I now can see ahead
                  Often I wonder why I try hoping for an end
                  Sorrow weighs my shoulders down
                  And trouble haunts my mind
                  But I know the present will not last
                  And tomorrow will be kinder

Tomorrow will be kinder
                  It's true, I've seen it before
                  A brighter day is coming my way"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:58 pm
User Image
Canaan Grey
RavenclawThird YearThirteen Years OldSingle

As Canaan was looking around, he heard his companion let out an excited bark, and when he turned to see what had garnered the sight-hound's attention, he finally spotted Margaux. Were it not for the leash, Connla would have doubtless rushed off to greet the young lady in the beautiful green dress, and that might not have gone so well. Last thing he'd want would be for his companion to bowl Margaux over on the platform and embarrass her. As it was, the half-grown dog tugged on him hard enough to nearly start dragging him in that direction anyway.

When the dog got close, he started bouncing up and down on his front paws, barking and yipping excitedly, and the tail whipping back and forth so hard it seemed as though the whole back half of him was wagging. "Settle down, Connla," Canaan told the pup, with a good-natured chuckle, as he tugged on the leash. "I know you're happy to see Margaux, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't want a tongue bath from you."

Hearing the conductor's call to board, he smiled, and said hopefully, "Bonjour Margaux. Je suis content de vous revoir. Voulez-vous de la compagnie dans le train? Ne t'inquiète pas pour Connla, il est tout excité parce qu'il y a tellement de monde autour de lui. Il s'installera une fois que nous serons à l'intérieur."

OOC: Open for Interaction
mc2

User Image  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:57 pm
User Image
Chelsea Alexis Durant
Sixth Year Gryffindor Vice Captain
Muggleborn Young Detective Seeker

User Image

Chelsea was not happy with the events of the summer. She’d been in London with her parents. They’d been having a nice day. That was until some guy opened a case and allowed a bunch of creatures to ran free. Her parents freaked and wouldn’t let her help. Honestly, she was a witch she took a bloody creature class she could have helped in some way. But instead she was dragged off to safety as it were.

Since then Chelsea's suspicions on their feelings had grown. It bothered her to think they didn’t see her as their daughter but an unpredictable and terrifying witch. She tried to push those thoughts aside for the moment. Without their looks of uneasy she was at least able to concentrate on something else. At least for a few months any way.

Walking through the station Chelsea heard the call to board and rushed off to get on board. Last thing she wanted was to miss her ride and then miss a whole year of school. Besides the idea of learning how to read minds seemed cool. Even if mind reading wasn’t quite what it was. The only part she hated was trying to hide it from her parents. They’d only freak out if they knew she was sure.

Company : No one

OOC : - - -

It is rather curious, isn't it?
                                                    I must say, you seem to be taking this all in stride
                                                    That in mind, I think you're well suited for
                                                    Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:06 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Hogwarts Express

With a piercing whistle and a puff of steam, the doors of the Hogwarts Express pulled closed. The students were all on board, leaning out the windows and waving at their families. The train engine inched forward, gaining momentum before picking up speed as it left the station.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:44 am

The Hogwarts Express

The scarlet engine pulls into the station, ready to start the long journey to another year of school. Students and parents come to board the train to go another year. In an hour or so, the train will pull out, taking students to Hogwarts.

((OOC: You may begin posting students arriving to start the new year at school. The train will be leaving the station on the 26th for the school.))

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:36 am
⁂ Margaux Héloïse Lévesque ⁂
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxx
Time: 2046-2047
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Like years prior, Margaux arrived to the platform with both of her parents. Again the trio were dressed in the very best. Well dressed for Margaux included a chiffon black dress and a warm black cloak draped over her arm ready for the colder evening ahead of her. Not much had changed over a year besides her growing confidence. She was still failing or close to failing herbology as she could not bring herself to dealing with the dirt of the greenhouse.

As her father led the conversation in French including primarily invasive questions, Margaux realize the saying that distance makes the heart grow fonder was true. She would miss them during the school year and during the summer with her parents missed Hogwarts instead (as funny as that sounded!). After a few minutes on the platform with her parents and ensuring her trunk was dropped off, she diplomatically lied that she spotted a friend. And the moment they were gone she began to miss the summer with her parents.

Friend? What a lie? She felt she was tolerated at best from her classmates and quite frankly she had little interest in most of her classmates. They were beneath her.... right? Of course. No need to doubt that fact.

Sighing she sat down on a bench and waited for the call for the boarding of the train.

User Image
                                                ----------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ratty? My, how original, never heard that before
                                                Well, then, if you're so sure of what you want
                                                It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                {OoC: Open for interaction}
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:26 pm

The Hogwarts Express

The conductor stepped out of the train, looking around at the students. "Last call for boarding! Last call!" He stepped back in and got the train prepared for moving.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:05 am

The Hogwarts Express

With a piercing whistle and a puff of steam, the doors of the Hogwarts Express pulled closed. The students were all on board, leaning out the windows and waving at their families. The train engine inched forward, gaining momentum before picking up speed as it left the station.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:42 pm

The Hogwarts Express

The scarlet engine pulls into the station, ready to start the long journey to another year of school. Students and parents come to board the train to go another year. In an hour or so, the train will pull out, taking students to Hogwarts.

((OOC: You may begin posting students arriving to start the new year at school. The train will be leaving the station on the 26th for the school.))

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:35 am
User Image

So your confidence is quiet
                                                              To them quiet looks like weakness
                                                              But you don't have to fight it
                                                              'Cause you're strong enough to win without a war

Kenny was so happy he finally got to go to Hogwarts! No more trying to sneak on the train for him! It was his and Wes's first year and by the end of tonight they would have their houses! Wes wanted to be in the same house as him which while awesome Kenny knew they were different enough it be hard to get the same house. Kenny currently was sitting on his trolley using his trunk as a seat. Dad was having a time going fast through the barrier at a speed to make Kenny have some fun. Once their parents got all trunks loaded kenny was eager to find a seat. It was busy as usual and he tended to bump a lot in crowds. "Come on Wes! Let's find somewhere to sit. I wanna find a window seat if we can!" He said rather excited for today. He tugged on Wes's arm, he would have dragged her to the train if he trusted his eyesight better.

If you look past this moment
                                                              You'll see you've got a friend
                                                              Waving a flag for who you are
                                                              And all you're gonna do

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:53 pm

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

first year || Unsorted || halfblood

Weslyn was a bundle of nerves on September first. Some of Kenny’s enthusiasm had rubbed off on her over the last few weeks and she was looking forward to learning about magic. She was eager to be able to hang out with Yukon more, but the thought of leaving Hannah and Kerr--Mum and Dad-- was terror inducing. Plus it would be the first time she attended school since...well, since before she was Weslyn. She stuck tight to her family as they made their way through the platform, keeping a helpful eye on the trolleys to make sure the luggage--and Kenny--didn’t fall off.

Too soon, the trunks were loaded, Mum and Dad were hugging them goodbye, and Kenny was tugging on her arm. Holding tight onto Kenny’s hand, Weslyn grabbed Yukon’s arm, dragging him with them. She did her best to guide Kenny without bumping into anyone, but the station was crowded and Wes was having a hard enough time keeping an eye on everything going on. "Careful!"

setting Platform 9 3/4 and the train, 1 September 2048 || with Kenny and Yukon
wearing Sailor Dress + || status nervously excited?

Stefan Lee Salvatore

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Wake up, wake up, the sun cannot wait for long
Reach out, reach out before it fades away
You will find the warmth when you surrender
Smile into the fear and let it play
✿❀
~"Brave" by Josh Groban, cover by Peter Hollens.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Platform
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Milo and Wyatt
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Preparing to depart
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I don't want to go!

Quinn was.... not excited about the prospect of going away for school. Ever since he got his school letter he knew he was going to have to attend stay-over school, but it wasn't enough time to prepare. He was barely good about staying over at a family member's house, let alone a big building full of strangers! And what if no one wanted to talk to him?! He'd be lonely and weird. "Dad, please. I'm requesting to stay at home. I can be your accountant! That way I don't need to go. Right?" He looked over at Milo, eyes wide with his nerves.

"Q, we've talked about this. It's not forever, you'll be back home over holidays, and we can come to all your cousins' quidditch games, so we'll see you every few weeks. I promise, you can do this." Milo's voice held the tone of someone who'd said those very same words numerous times, though he remained calm throughout. "Besides, if you need someone in the days we can't come, you can always find one of your cousins. You know they'll all take care of you, especially Brennie and Lia. You can do it."

Q pondered his dad's words, a small frown on his face. "But what if I need to come home? Or if I get real sick? Or what about if people tease me?! Who's gonna help me then?" That stopped Milo, the man issuing a small, almost inaudible sigh. He turned to face his youngest, then rested his hands on Q's shoulders. "If you get sick, you can go to the hospital wing. Brennie and Lia are both really good with healing too. If someone's picking on you, you can speak with your professors or you can ask any one of your cousins for advice. Plus, once you make some nice friends, time will fly by. You'll be having so much fun learning and exploring you won't even think to miss home." The man calmly wiped away a tear that Quinn hadn't even noticed he'd shed, then kissed the eleven year old on top of the head. Q rather roughly wiped his eyes, sniffling in annoyance at the fact that he still had to go.

Yukina101

I ʀᴀɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, ʀᴀɴ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏɪsᴇ, ʀᴀɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ, ɴᴏ ᴡᴀʏ
          Iᴛ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴀsʏ ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴ' ᴜᴘ ɪɴ Wᴏʀʟᴅ Wᴀʀ III, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴ' ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ, ᴡᴇʟʟ I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ
          I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴅɪᴅ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ. Cᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ, ᴄᴀɴ ᴡᴇ ʙᴇ ᴀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ?
          I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴍᴏᴍᴍʏ I'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ! I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ
          Iɴ ᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴘᴏʀᴛʀᴀɪᴛ, ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ. Lᴇᴛ's ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅ, ʟᴇᴛ's ᴀᴄᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟʟʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:45 pm
I refuse to look back thinking days were better
Just because they're younger days
I don't know what's 'round the corner
Way I feel right now I swear we'll never change

𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐀𝐥𝐮𝐦║𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝║𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Wyatt has had many moments in the past two decades (Jesus Christ has it really been two?!?) as a father/guardian where he wasn't entirely sure if he was doing the right thing. Before this his biggest was whether it'd been a great idea to move all the way from the states to the UK just for Kalin to get a fresh start before school but considering how it all turned out, he could honestly say it had. Now, the moment was whether they should go ahead and force Q to go to Hogwarts despite his many many protests. It was literally breaking his heart hearing him ask to stay behind and be an accountant just to avoid leaving them for weeks on end. Thank God for Milo for once being the voice of reason because he had already nearly given in twice by now. The tears definitely weren't helping him any but he hid his own distress by crouching down with Milo and bringing out a handkerchief to wipe at Q's face. "Your dad is right; everything seems scary now because it's new and this is your first time really being away from us. But just because we won't be there doesn't mean you'll be alone. Between Brennie, Lia, Nasim, Chanda, even Maya if you really get desperate, you'll always have someone to go to." Wyatt tried to joke knowing it might've fallen a bit flat. "Plus, you've got Hywel to send us letters any time you want and we'll always reply no matter what. And not just us either; Dris, Puck, and Laili all promised they'd write to you at least once a week and Nan and Kalin are definitely going to smother you in care packages. You will literally never be rid of us." he promised tenderly wiping at Q's cheeks.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Back when we were kids
Swore we would never die
You and me were kids
Swear that we’ll never die

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games