Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Item Quests
~Tragic's D.A. & Bunny Quest~ I ♥ U GUYS!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you help me finish my quest?
  I'd be glad to help!
  Are you joking? No way!
  I just want yer poll gold
View Results

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:30 am
Tragic-sama... I am new to the whole marketplace thing... any advice for a mp newb?? ;P what's your strategy, or uh... what do YOU do exactly? ^.^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:57 am
Well, if you are new to the mp my first suggestion is getting a feel for buying low/selling high with cheaper items.
Always start your mp session observing. I generally pick out a couple of items that are trendy and watch for those, although I have a good general idea of most item's value, and if I see say a gothic veil that is selling for 19k I will snatch it up because I know the lowest price for that is almost always around 24k.
heart When vending do remember the 2% tax. This is why when I'm going to purchase a bigger item for myself, (one that is not moving quickly) I tend to pm the seller and ask if they'll sell cheaper thru trade, no taxes so win/win!)
heart make sure you're investing in items that are popular. Good indications of that are: You see lots of avi's with that item equipped; in the mp there are lots of pages of that item listed, etc (sorry can't think-just woke up sweatdrop ) wahmbulance if you don't follow that rule, you'll make the same mistake I have tend to do sometimes - just look at the items in my store, lol...
heart the more gold you have, the more you can make! so save, don't spend your earnings (ok, just a little) but set goals
heart when you finish your goal and are ready to buy a big item, overshoot by about 10k because that's a good starting point to vend again
heart mc's are almost always good items to vend with
heart don't forget to list the item you've just bought right away - at either 1g less or slightly more than the lowest price.

I have lots more tips but I think that's a good start. Search out guides on vending. There are lots of good guides that I didn't find out about until I'd already figured most of it out on my own.
here's one of the best: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/how-to-make-your-first-100k-without-begging-or-bumping/t.25398457/

Oh, and also when vending searching the Just listed items is the way to go. Bidding isn't usually as effective at make a profit since a lot of users will cancel listings at the last minute.
And another thing....There are peak times (and days) to buy/sell. I'll elaborate more soon if you'd like. ^ ^

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Adie05

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:17 am
Love is an art

My Art Shop
Oooo~
Tragic in business talk mrgreen

I never thought of pm-ing a seller for a win/win thing. never thought about it ehhehe... then again, I just used to buy things which taxes are not more than 100g >_<

eheeh and after I got a loosing investment last month, I stayed away from the market / invest things. sweatdrop

heart
Inspire me

My Quest Thread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:18 am
Ah, very informitave! I'll jot that down ::scribble scribble:: ^.~ I had such a cute image in my head, but couldn't find a picture to express it... this is as close as I got...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cute though! ;P I put what you said away in a notebook on the computer mrgreen I'd *love* to hear more ^.^  

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:25 am
lol, business talk xd
oooh, & cute scribble

bad investments happen to the bestest sellers Adie. I was just pointing out a mistake I made twice (I have a couple of items in the store that I knew weren't popular when I bought them, but it's a gamble. you could win/lose. That's why I always set my listing to 14 days, since it fluctuates so much, it might just sell eventually.

More tips to come, I still have to wake up. Might get down to it as soon as Yo Gabba Gabba comes on, lol. That totally gets my munchkin's attention, hehe.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:16 am
heart here's something important I forgot... Always keep your vends full. A full store is a happy store lol
Even if you put in something cheap like a dc item for a few gold, it attracts business wink
Same with mules. items sold @ 49g add up quickly. That's where I vend most of my smaller items.

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:30 am
ohhhhh, thats a good piece of advice heart ::scribbles some more:: mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:57 am
bumpety bump xd  

SpiralRabbit

ChibiMo0n

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:32 pm
Chibi BUMP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:15 pm
Ooh, I shall submit to your masters orders Khalindra, thankies! xd

*huggles* for the bumps heart

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:07 am
heart co.....co...... *swoons*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

WAAAAA.... you now have a coco, tragic? O_O
I so envy your business style xD

*scribble scribble* Hmm hmm ... *koro is seen jotting down the tips xD*

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:58 am
koromyst
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

WAAAAA.... you now have a coco, tragic? O_O
I so envy your business style xD

*scribble scribble* Hmm hmm ... *koro is seen jotting down the tips xD*

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Yeah, good business ^ ^
Had to insist he take something in return for it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:19 pm
User Image
Had to trade a coco for something... He was questing the tome when he pm'd me about it, eventually offering to gift me the coco, I just couldn't accept. heart

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

SpiralRabbit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:00 pm
Sound marketing advice, when I bumped you last I was in a rush so I copied and pasted your post into my journal entry to study later blaugh

I lost out big time on those blinkin orphans recently. Ach well, but also made on a couple of Brown Magical Box's when the price shot up, (it's now going back down). I'm so glad you gave us this helpful info cause I've definitely been going wrong somewhere. I remember when I first joined I did a typo and was real tied and accidentally bought a snug jumper for 500 yep 500 gold when you buy them from the shops for 2 gold I was gutted.

Hey your Coco is looking good, luck is on your side with your quest. Talking about luck anyone know when St Patrick's day is?  
☆ Item Quests

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games