Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Divine Morning: The Tarot Clutch Hatching is Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:23 am
Isilje

There was such wonder to be found in watching all the eggs hatch. In seeing the dragons impress theirs, and go off, she had to laugh. A smile brightened her face, and she inched forwards on the sands to watch the latest batch of dragonets Impress. Oh, they seemed so happy now, the ill energy from a little bit ago gone now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alumet

To see the Emperor and the Devil Impress soothed her, as did watching the Tower and Sun go next. Shards, they were all so pretty, but she had to watch the Gold playing about. Again, her heart skipped at the beauty of a Gold, smiling at the pretty hide, and then watching the other eggs that were starting to rock. Ah, were they getting close to seeing the rest come to bear? To Cahlusi, she took his hand, wanting to feel close.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiloh

Slight suspicion colored her face as she watched a girl touch the eggs, only to be scolded by Uridith. You didn't touch eggs after the touching. It was a statement of fact that she didn't like people in general...but hey. That was her. Looking at the other candidates, she stepped in to the larger pool of girls to watch over the lot around her, sighing, "Well, they're finding Theirs. This is good." Not much longer now.

E'ion

His eyes watched the candidates as the healers tended them. Once done, he smiled at the two, "Well, I am glad you're feeling better. Do not worry terribly, Hatchlings come, and find their own. " Try to reassure them all as his eyes turned back to the sands, to the eggs that still remained. Faranth willing, there would be no more terrible injuries.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:32 am
Teiha
Sorry for the late reply! Did not look at profiles cause I'm a derp, but I think you mentioned he'd only been there about a Turn.

Alusia couldn't help but smile when Lucayr complimented her children, and Emori confessed such good sentiments. She was pleased that her blonde haired daughter and brown haired son were known enough. She might be nothing more than a kitchenworker, but she had hopes for her children. "I share the same hopes. Perhaps they might succeed where I failed." The sting of never finding a dragon had lessened with age. She had accepted her destiny. Besides, if she had Impressed, she might never had had such lovely children.

She had not missed how the woman had paled, though, and she did wonder if she was all right. She didn't know Emori well, but could only hope the other was all right. It was hot, though.

So it was, Alusia settled in, and watched the events. Her children remained relatively safe, though her brows knit when the bronze and brown fought, and she did go tight lipped with worry when the brown's eyes went white, and it all but collapsed at the feat of another. Thankfully, the entire situation seemed to en well, and they dragons found theirs. She worried over the two girls mauled, and the other Candidates pushed around or struck -- any of them could have been her children, but once again, Cahlusi and Alumet seemed just fine.

When there was a lull in the hatching, she did ask Lucayr, "Have you settled in nicely? Do you miss your brother at all?" She didn't know the others story well, but Ausia wasn't much of a gossip. Though she did work in the kitchens, being an ex-courtesan meant she had long since learned to keep secrets and not pass along stories. The Courtesan Hall could be a catty enough place, and Alusia much preferred to rise above such pettiness.

~~~~

Shinnikan had watched the Hatching with awe and alarm. Too many of his peers were getting hurt, and even ha had suffered a whip to his legs from the tail of Lemath earlier. For being babies, those tails hurt!

He did find his way over to Lenix and Karone. He had saw the blue approach Lenix and had wondered if it would be a match, but alas. He didn't know either well, but he DID know how disappointing it was when dragonets passed you by. "It's not over yet," he also encouraged both of them, and maybe himself, too. He grinned at the others and moved a little closer. "Though after all the times I've spent standing, it is a bit disappointing when they tease." His words held no malice, and he didn't blame the dragonets, but sometimes it was hard not to get ones hopes up. When a dragonet approached, there was always that sliver of hope...

~~~
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Cahlusi
The boy lingered near his sister, though his eyes danced from the gold dragon, to the remaining dragonets. There seemed to be a bit of a lull, especially with the blue and brown having just Impressed. He continued to exude his usual confidence, but he did feel a pang when any dragonet that came his way passed him by. There was time, though, and still plenty of eggs on the Sands.

He shifted from foot to foot, but tried to do so subtly, and with his usual grace. He didn't want to look like he couldn't tolerate the heat, but his sandals offered petty protection.

He looked at the rest of the eggs, and offered his own thoughts. They were supposed to think of happy ones, weren't they? The world is waiting for you, lovies. I can't wait to see everyone, such gems you all will be.

When his sister took his hand, he gave it a reassuring squeeze. "At least we're here together, right?" He grinned, wondering if his sister felt the same pangs of hope (and despair) as he did.

~~~
H'sad
The blue-rider couldn't believe that of course Dristan would have to leave and go attend to dragonets. Part of him wanted to groan, but instead, he sat back and sighed. Shaffit all... He had wanted to enjoy the rest of the Hatching with his lover, but now he was stuck alone. And while Dristan's firelizard had remained, he didn't want a substitute date. Weren't there other dragonhealers ot there? Ones actually assigned?

Cinonth sent words of love and assurance to his rider, feeling his pang of digruntlement. Perhaps he will return when the babies are patched up. Do not fret mine. He'll come back soon .

H'sad doubted it. Knowing Dristan he'd probably linger outside to ensure no other babies had accidents or needed any checking up. Someone would chip a nail, or fall and scratch himself... No. H'sad knew now that Dristan was working, work was all he'd do.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:33 am
Aurinkoth's eyes whirled as an unfamiliar blue's voice warned him to tone his excitement down. Mine is here now and all is well! he thrummed back to Gyafrith, not even phased by the warning he had been given. All was well! As Lemath rounded the table to greet him, the blue rose to bump the top of his head against the green's fondly. It is good to see you and yours safe and together! How wonderful! How fortunate! His eyes continued to whirl with green and blue as he evaluated the young man with a positive beam. He practically glowed with approval.

And his stomach practically snarled with a need to eat. The hunger hit Ichta, who was gingerly cutting up the meat she'd been given with a care even beyond anything she was advised for. The blade she used was nowhere near her fingers and the pieces were perhaps smaller than they needed to be. Aurinkoth, you cannot play with your sister and eat at the same time. I cannot eat for you, as much as I currently wish I could. she thought gently to the blue, who looked back to his, purple mixing into the blues and greens of his eyes. That perfect, wonderful his.

We will play more soon, Lemath. Mine needs me and I hunger. But soon, I will not and then we can play. he offered the green a nuzzle, humming joyously and allowing her to have her footing again before the blue snuck in between Elzebuth and Ichta. Ichta, who had just looked towards G'ran and offered him an awkward, but well meaning, smile. "And here we all are, is he well?" she glanced towards Elzebuth and the healer. She didn't recognize him, but he was caring for a dragon that was special to someone she cared for, so that..that was...

Mine? Is everything alright? You feel fluttery the blue asked eagerly, he smallest amount of yellow flickering through his eyes. Ichta gently rubbed a hand against the blue's head, offering up a smile. It is fine. It is a feeling I'm not worthy of and besides....I have you! Ready? The blue thrummed as Ichta offered up the first piece of food, daring to toss it so that Aurinkoth could catch it in his mouth. How fun! He waited expectantly for the second piece and it followed in the same manner before she went back to slicing.

Elzebuth, do you know if anything happened between Yours and Mine? She felt...fluttery a moment ago and will not tell me why. he sent the thought to the brown under care of healer privately, unsure if perhaps he was prying - but why would his keep secrets?

Tsunake

Peppermint Coffee

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:35 am

On the Sands there came a shudder, although it seemed to take place below the sand! The little Empress gave a warble, cheeping as she walked delicately toward the growing disturbance. There was something... something she had to do. She scrabbled daintily at the sand, digging up...

A black egg! The large egg had been completely hidden, perhaps when Mother had rearranged the clutch, or when Lemath had played among them. All clean. You can come out now, she kindly informed her sibling. With another shiver, the egg cracked, a tan nose coming up to touch her own. The nose was quickly followed by a lovely, striped Brown dragonet!

The Empress gave a delighted peal, sitting back on her haunches and waiting for her brother to right himself. When he stood up, shaking himself free of egg goop, she gave him another nudge, and continued on. There were friends to meet, and siblings to see hatched, whether they hatched on their own or with aid.

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:49 am
ShinosBee

The Star was so glad that her mother seemed to understand, though she did feel bad. None of her other siblings had needed a break, but it couldn't be helped. She was tired, and worried, and just a little overwhelmed. She pressed her little face against Uridith's hide, as if the contact alone might give her energy and heal her.

She crooned as her mother offered assurances, and for a few moments, simply remained hidden while she found her composure. She was just a baby, after all, and everything had been so frightening!

So it was, the little green took a few moments, before standing back up, and deciding that maybe it was time to find hers. She took a few steps away, as if she were going to go out from Uridith, but then seemed to lose her nerve. So she went back to the gold, and very meekly, made a request. There are so many of them. How will I know which is mine? She worried, looking over the crowd, knowing that hers had to be somewhere, but where? She took a hesitant step forward, before going back to mother, giving a little worried creel.

She was tired, emotionally. Not having hers only made her extra exhausted, and though she had not exerted herself as much as, say, her sister Lemath or Elzebuth and Aresoth, she was only a little dragon.

~~~~~

There was another crack and The Moon split. But whoever remained inside did not yet move.

~~~~

The Heirophant Egg rocked, wobbled, and suddenly a blue leg cracked through the egg. It wriggled and reached, as if the little one inside simply couldn't push through. So it was, it relaxed its leg, and seemed to wait. It wasn't quite out yet, but maybe it would be, soon. Eggs were awful hard to get out of sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:07 am
Rennati watched attentively as the empress began digging in a similar manner as the fool egg had but this time she uncovered an egg no one had seen!! She hoped it hadn't been stepped on during the touching or trampled over by its siblings with all the excitement of the hatching. She also saw the Heirophant Egg Crack with a nice blue leg sticking out. The Moon egg also opened but decided to stay hidden for the time being. Ren sent her best wishes towards the star egg who seemed a little hesitant.  

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:24 am
Rokar watched the gold digging with only vague interest, gold wasn't for him anyway, but when as brown emerged from a dark egg uncovered by her efforts, he perked, his face feeling dry and itchy so he wiped the tear tracks away, watching carefully as other eggs made movements. He felt sorry for the fearful little green but he couldn't help, eyeing the brown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mallan watched, amused as the little gold dragon dug at the sand, then laughed a small laugh as she uncovered an egg, one no one had known was there. When a brown emerged, he smiled. He did grow concerned for the little green, she needed to find her partner, get fed, start growing stronger, poor thing. His attention was diverted as the moon egg split, then Heirophant struck out a single leg, a blue, he hoped the little one had the strength to fully emerge soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:35 am
Revel1984
Figured I'd bring someone over to say hi. This oculd be Mallan or Rokar, whichever. gaia_star Sorry for short post, though.

Chayrel
Chayrel was overwhelmed. The small, defensive boy had done his best to stay out of others ways, and had gotten slightly separated from Fehral. Perhaps that was just as well. He found himself not far from a few other boys], and he too, looked at the brown that was now on the sands.

"I din't meet that one at the Touching," he murmured. He hadn't expected a brown dragon to come out of a black egg, but then, he'd long since learned not to expect the dragon inside to match the outside. "Did you?"

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:43 am
Masterharper
I'll use Mallan, he's more likely to converse lol short posts are fine smile

Mallan looked down, to the side as a boy smaller than him spoke. "No, I don't even remember seeing it at all" he muttered back, smiling broadly. If dragons matched their shells, well aside from Golds, the world would be full of a rainbow of dragons, he wasn't entirely sure that would be a good thing, it was enough to keep track of those already existing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:44 am
Well THAT was unexpected! A black egg had been unearthed-- Unsanded? Uncovered. Jacomus shifted, then started pushing his way through people to get a better look. There were complaints, but for the most part nobody pushed him back. Soon he was at the front of the gathered crowd, watching the eggs and hatchlings.

Where the dragons were, Kraketh's eyes flashed a red warning, before they shifted back to the joyful blue they'd been before. Careful where you go, Jacomus, you might trip on somebody who WILL know who and what you are.

Jacomus shifted, crossing his arms again. I'll be fine, Kraketh, just wanted a better look - Wasn't expecting that egg to get uncovered.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:55 am
The Magician Egg cracked violently, almost an explosion. The blue dragon, unfortunately, hatched upside-down and took quite the tumble when he no longer had the egg to support his weight. Head over feet, the little blue came to a pile near Karone's feet.

It seemed dazed, before shaking his head, and rising. He wasn't the most graceful of creatures, and Karone might need to watch his flailing wings and tail but eventually it took to his feet.

With a shake to remove the sand -- and probably rain on Karone, Lenix, and Shinnikan the blue gave a happy warble, and set off on his task. He walked with confidence, as if his graceless tumble hadn't been such a catastrophe.

Instead, he went first towards a settled Canary Yellow Egg. He gave a few cheerful cheeps, bumped his head with it, before taking off.

He sprinted towards The Moon and started nudging the shell's top off. There was a (albeit slightly muffled) shriek of objection within, and a green hand slippd out to strike the blue's nosy muzzle.

Instead of getting offended or distressed, The Magician only seemed to laugh, and forced the green out of her shell by removing her egg top. Sprinting away, to avoid The Moon's wrath, the blue dragon may have run smack into a few nearby Candidates, stepping on toes, and generally walking over any who fall.

Oh. He, uh, meant to do that, yep! Consider it an honor!

~~~~

The Moon found herself without her egg shell, and her eyes flamed red. No! No, no, no, no, no! This wasn't how she was supposed to make her entrance! She had it all planned and The Magician messed it up! NOT FAIR!

Shrieking and throwing a tantrum, the green wriggled out of her egg, kicked the bottom egg shell, and generally threw herself at the nearest crowd of Candidates. NOT FAIR! She hissed, and snarled, and though she didn't mean to hurt them -- they should understand her pain! THEY DESERVED TO KNOW HOW SHE FELT!!! This was the worst day ever and the Moon was not having any of it. She had waited, and waited, and planned and waited, and her stupid brother had messed it all up!

The Candidates would need to watch for the thrashing green. She didn't much care who she bowled over in her fit.

~~~

The Heirophant, for his part, pushed and pushed and finally had a back leg kicked out. Success. Except. Not. Ugh. This was just too hard. Nobody told him about this part. Why were his other siblings able to break their shells so easily? Oh well. The egg wasn't going to hatch itself, so he'd better get crackin'... get it? Haha. Anyone nearby
the Heirophant egg might actually hear the dragon snort and chortle to itself.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:55 am
I know, but I can feel how hungry you are. Echoing like it was her own, which...come to think of it, she hadn't eaten anything either, more than likely none of them had. A bunch of ravenously hungry Weyrlings, the lot of them. With enough meat cut and set aside for now, she began to feed him at a slow pace. He removed his paws from the table, settling back on his haunches. He wished that His was not hungry as well, it was an unpleasant rumbly-feeling discomfort, and nudged her hand as she held out another piece. Perhaps she should have some.

I can't eat raw meat like a dragon, silly, she informed him affectionately, encouraging him to take the piece.

There should be something you can eat, you should not all be hungry while we eat.

It's alright. We'll be fine, there will be a feast later.

"Hi again," she said to their Sands-champion, feeling her own smile now. "He's okay, isn't he?" Nadry felt terrible for the way she - the way everyone - had misjudged his brown, and it had been the bronze that ultimately did damage. She could feel a seething low anger from Menankith at the thought of Aresoth. "You...what will your name be, now?"

It is good to be together, Menankith agreed with Basunuth, including Elzebuth and Aurinkoth in the thought. We will have much work to do, us and Ours. The brighter blue might not be so very rebellious as the rest of them, but Aurinkoth's was important to Theirs...and another girl on a "boy's" dragon.

Basanuth's bonded spoke, to his dragon but loud enough that the rest of them could hear, and Nadry smiled. "She should be proud of you," she said, nodding. "My brother is a brownrider, so maybe that runs in my family..." A laugh followed in the pause before she added, "He's going to be so mad."

Let him be angry, let him rage if he wishes. I will give him a piece of my mind, and then we will show him how wrong he is, we will show them all.

She started to extend her hand in a proper greeting, but remembered she'd been handling raw meat and thought better of that gesture. "I'm Nadry."

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

DruidTigeress

Meepfur
Crew

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:01 am
Revel1984

Chayrel was surprised but pleased when the other boy responded. He still wasn't always used to how friendly others at the Weyr seemed to be, despite having lived there for a few Turns. The Nabol mines weren't exactly a friendly place, and old, defensive habits died hard.

"It's a pretty 'un though. Kinda' hopin the other eggs hatch, so'n I know what's in 'em." He both wanted the Hatching over just so his nerves could relax but he also wanted to savor it. They spent so long getting to this point that he didn't want it to end. Hatchings were just so bittersweet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:04 am

The Canary Yellow egg began to shake, quivering as if with excitement, or anticipation. A small crack appeared in its shell, though for the time being it did not seem inclined to widen.

But as the egg began to hatch, its sister, the Empress, took note of her baby sister's upset. This was the sister that she had fussed over during the Touching, and she was not inclined to leave her high and dry. And so she went to her, leaving behind the eggs that had not yet hatched. The Death egg began to rock in earnest, as if it, too, intended to join the rest.

Out of the cracks in its shell came a delicate green snout. The dragonet shook off her covering, and slid onto the sands with an amused snort. Oh yes, this drama had not yet concluded! She had gotten to witness her brother's Impression, but now it was her time! Waddling onto the sands, she began to browse through the Candidates, seemingly delighted by this turn of events. Was the Moon really so upset?

How amusing. The Death dragonet seemed to laugh at her sister's predicament. Making an entrance was important, to be sure, but look, the Magician had done a magic trick, and there she was!

Meanwhile the Empress nuzzled the Moon, crooning as she tried to reassure her sister. She'd get her own back, never fear!

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:05 am
Masterharper
Revel1984

Hearing a conversation between two familiar voices, Cami turned to glance to the side where Chayrel and Mallan were talking. She followed their gaze back to the sands and spotted the black egg, now mostly uncovered, with a small breath. "I didn't even notice it before!" she said. She heard Chayrel mention wanting to know the outcome of the eggs, and turned curiously.

"Did either of you place a bet on the outcome?" she asked. She'd been hearing about people doing that across the Weyr, though she didn't have any marks of her own to bet really (that weren't already earmarked for something else- she'd been saving up to buy a second bow).

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games