Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:44 pm
Zelaya - They/Them
Imperio seemed very kind and reassuring, and Zelaya couldn't help but smile as they stroked the shell. Any rider would be glad to have a dragonet that was so warm and comforting, wouldn't they? Well, Zelaya certainly wasn't sure about their own worth, but they did try to be good. And sadly being good meant moving on to the next egg. Perhaps they would meet Imperio again out of the shell! That would be nice. Next they went to Expelliarmus, giving it a firm but gentle touch. This one felt intent on its business, and they could respect that. While today was an exciting, fun day, it wasn't all about that. There was work to be done here, wasn't there?

Falienn - He/Him
Falienn almost recoiled from the soft warm touch of Hufflepuff. The egg hadn't done anything wrong, of course...But the young man just didn't...know what to do with the feeling of total love an acceptance he was feeling from the large egg. Some part of him felt like he should be angry, that he'd eventually realize just what he'd missed out on because of his family's brokenness...but with the radiant beam of care the egg was spilling into him, it was drowned out. He would, he realized, be very happy to just stay put here with this egg.

It was Orri's touch that startled him out of the daze. In the moment he jumped, his hand broke contact with the shell, and the warmth faded...but not entirely. He felt...better, a bit, than before. Not fixed, but... He managed a smile at Orri then, a real one. Maybe this really wouldn't be so bad. Still not wanting to edge too far from the black and gold egg, he simply moved to Slytherin, gingerly, hopefully reaching out to it. "I can't imagine touching them all in a day. Rather we be left to focus on the ones we like more..." He resisted the urge to glance back at Hufflepuff, instead focusing on the green and silver egg. A moment later Rhianth leaned in to snatch a nearby egg away, but thanks to Hufflepuff's lingering comfort, he managed only to flinch and freeze for a long moment until the gold had again retreated.

medigel

Finnisa - She/Her
Hey now, hey! Finnisa tried to send soothing, understanding feelings towards the little unhappy egg. She knew exactly what it was like to have jealousy issues with a sibling. That kind of rivalry could be fun, and even beneficial sometimes...but it was better to not get too upset about it. She was sure this egg would be just as special and perfect as that one! And maybe this one would be faster than that one...but did Nimbus really just want to be know as 'faster than that one' or 'slower than that one'? Didn't it just want to be known for who it was, and not its relation to anyone else? "It's okay buddy. I'm still working on that too." And she was. She should find time to talk to her sister later...well. Later. Now, more eggs! She gave Nimbus another pat before heading back to the other clutch. Go The Distance was a nice looking shell. "Doing okay in there?"

Meztli - Any (but currently They/Them/He/Him)
Now that was some enthusiasm! Meztli couldn't promise Friends on the Other Side any cake—didn't know if dragons could even EAT cake—but perhaps, if it liked, maybe they could show it cake at the feast after it hatched. It'd just have to ask its rider, and maybe the rider could eat the cake for it? They were sure they'd find time to bake some things between now and then for the feast. Well. Decorate things. They really weren't the best at actually baking. Anyway, onwards they went! With a fond pat, they left the first clutch to amble towards the other. There was a very pretty dark egg they'd meant...to...touch... Well. The mother, looking rather unhappy, had just scooped that one up and away. So. They probably wouldn't be touching it. Then...which? Amortentia was nearest, so they jsut shrugged and reached out to it. It seemed nice enough! Looks like your sibling got into some trouble. Everything alright?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:49 pm
Phryana | female pronouns

Her eyes widened only a touch at the sensation before Phryana swept into an elegant curtsy. Thank you, dear one, for such an experience. Her fingers stroked the beautiful shell like a feline for a moment before they withdrew. Fascinating.

The movement of the large golden mother was enough to make her pause, quietly waiting until Rhianth had settled once more with an egg in tow. What had occurred, exactly, she could not say... but they received no word to leave the sands, and so Phryana resumed her activity. She moved forward again, weaving through the other candidates to stop at the Crucio egg. Her hand rested lightly upon its brightly colored shell as she quietly mused what this encounter would bring .

--

Iathe | female pronouns

Undeterred, Iathe withdrew her hand after a moment--and quirked a brow at Martidae, her cold expression never changing. At least until her mouth threatened to twitch into a smile as well, and she nodded back at the Western candidate. She'd have to catch her before she left for her home Weyr...

Her next egg to touch was the Nimbus 2000. Distinctively, she could feel a spark of eagerness from it--though paused to watch Rhianth carefully move the blood red egg back and away from the candidates. The message couldn't have been more clear: for now, that egg was not to be touched. Nodding to herself, Iathe reached out to touch the shell of the medium-sized egg, extending a greeting. Was it enjoying the people it had gotten to meet so far?

--

Dehka | male pronouns

It was one thing, to be told by your dads--er, your dad and his dragon--that you'd find a perfect match one day.. but to be told so by an egg? Dehka felt his heart swell in that moment, and after a rush of gratitude, removed his hand. Tears were threatening to form in the corners of his eyes, but he hurriedly scrubbed them away with his arm. There was no time for that! But--ah--

"K-Krahsujunth!" He almost squeaked, stumbling out of the way as the big blue purposefully moved through the sands. His eyes were red which was never a good sign.... but, as he carefully laid himself into the sands near one egg in particular, Dehka watched with awe as that color changed to the deepest blue-purple, signifying his contentment and love. The boy realized after a moment that he was just standing there with a stupid smile on his face, utterly enthralled to see the scarred blue in such a peaceful state...

He moved quietly to the You'll Be In My Heart egg, noting how it didn't seem to be as colorful as the other eggs in the clutch. It didn't matter at all--it just stuck out in Dehka's mind. He touched the shell gently, offering a quiet greeting to the baby within.

ShinosBee
quoted just for noticing krah!

demon_pachabel
hay gurl hay

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:10 pm
Rylyrr- He/him - High reaches

'They had been rather kind actually,' Rylyrr replied and paused ooh, ooh.. had that really effected him enough that the hufflepuff had picked up the effects of the egg at his back? He hadn't even touched that one and it still was... it took a moment to stop and not dwell on it. 'My apologizes, I had not meant for it to linger.'

'Thank you though...' He removed his hand and paused as the queen moved behind him to remove an egg from the clutch. He was... usually better then this.

Focus.

Rylyrr wander a bit before reaching down to lay a hand on the dark shell of the Forbidden Forest egg.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:46 pm
Haveli she/her - high reaches candidate

Haveli snorted, mentally. "Patience? Patience? I have been waiting my whole life for my due, though I suppose I can stand to wait a bit longer. You all are finally on the sands, so what is a few more sevendays to see what fate holds?" What was it to her to value the opinion of an egg, telling her to give everything more time and try not to cut her losses early? If she didn't she would never be able to move on, never be able to get what she was owed. "But enough. How, pray tell, will patience help me?" The question was directed to the Imperio egg, her presence still there. Not cut things off, yes?

----

Fisher she/her - high reaches candidate

Still at the Go the Distance! egg, Fisher looked down and debated actually answering for a change. The Candidatemaster had said no conversations, but a few words passed along would be acceptable, right? She had no desire to break the rules but she also had no desire not to answer a question when it was asked of her. Also this egg was the first to actually.....ask. Or talk outside of slapping and being huffy.

"What do you mean if I believe in you? I don't even really know you, but sure - why not? No one is limited by stuff when they first start, and if you've got good support you can do most anythin', really." Her pep talk sounded stilted because in all honesty Fisher wasn't the sort for cheering others up. "As for my dads....yeah. I miss 'em a lot. You're kinda like me though, in havin' more than one, so I like that we have that bit in common."

---

Yurastar he/him - a western situation

The ...idea of wearing hats was bizarre and it prompted a happy laugh from the young man. "I don't think I'd look good in a hat, not really, but I'll take your advice and maybe try that when I get home." Did his parents even own hats? The thought kept him occupied as he walked away, completely absorbed in his thoughts until he found himself walking smack dab into the side of a large blue dragon. It was ridiculously embarrassing considering he'd avoided him the first time, but maybe he was just unlucky enough that this was unavoidable.

The impact had him stagger back a bit and fall to the sand, landing on his butt and looking up. ". . . . well."

ShinosBee
feel free to smack him around if needs be

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:55 pm
Arlie

Don't cry. This, at least, she could do. "Sorry," she said impulsively, smiling as she curtsied once more to Be Our Guest. "I won't. I'll see you at the Hatching!"

It was probably time to find Haveli...Aside from when working needed them apart, Arlie didn't like to stray too far from her sister's side. Picking her out at the other clutch, she made her way over in time to hear her sister's side of the conversation (?) going on with Imperio. It made her just a bit anxious, and she hesitantly put a hand on the egg, sending apologies and excuses on Haveli's behalf as well as a hello. Theirs was not a special tale, hardship and sorrow not singular to the sisters, but this was Arlie's only family left to her; she couldn't help it.

"Sometimes you have to wait to get what you want," she offered to Haveli, though most of it went into a mumble, easily ignored.

houllow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:13 pm
Orri

"Yeah," Orri agreed wistfully. "But there's a lot of us, a lot more than them. It's our duty to make sure they get to see each've us." Still, at least one egg had made a good impression on Falienn, and he couldn't help but beam. "Besides, maybe there's another one out here you'll like. Won't know unless we make a circuit, right? There's still a whole other clutch to visit."

Pausing only until the queen had removed a more troublesome egg, Orri moved alongside his ward friend? conversational companion, touching Dementor. It seemed exhausted with the proceedings, and he couldn't blame it; not everyone was a social butterfly. Brimming with his own enthusiasm, he tried to send it in gentle waves, thinking of the soothing hot springs back home. "It won't be long before you don't have to worry about all of us poking you," he assured the egg.

ShinosBee

medigel

Anxious Spirit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:20 pm
ShinosBee

Go The Distance

It has met a lot of people today, Finnisa, but it isn't sure if that is a good thing. So many people have high hopes for it and the last thing Go the Distance wants is to let them down! What if they're disappointed?

Houllow

Imperio

Imperio doesn't seem the least bit bothered by Haveli's attitude. How does one get their due if they are burning down bridges they may need later?

Go the Distance

That didn't really answer what Go The Distance had been asking, but the egg seemed content with Fisher's answers anyways. With so many dads, she must have had all of the support in the world!

Medigel

Imperio

Now here was a sweet, smart girl! Imperio seems content to bask Arlie in affection. Oh, she understood what it was trying to say. Was Arlie waiting for something good? Please do be a dear and let it know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:51 pm
Liulfr - HR Candidate - He/Him - Here

It never failed to amaze Liulfr how varied the personalities within the eggs were. Already so grown, so eager, so potent in their exuberance. This one in particular, oh... it was clear from the near wiggling he could feel in his mind that Firebolt liked to have fun; a kindred spirit, and the young man shared a secretive grin with it. It would go places, no doubt, and have all the fun in the world. Liulfr agreed with it; he was also ready to go, go, go.

With another stroke and a mental wave of gratitude towards the egg, he stood up and walked to yet another egg. Imperio stood reclined against some of its siblings, an air of mystery about it, and the young man felt instantly drawn towards it, like it beckoned him. He repeated the process, slowly folding in his large form to knell before it, placing a hand upon it.

He was well aware the process laid everything about himself bare to the soul within, yes. All the secrets, all the that what he was, there for the young soul to witness. Some of the eggs shared secrets with them back, like little conspirator partners... almost like the time he and another youngling had stolen into the kitchens. No one had seen them, and they'd giggled together for days afterwards. So sneaky, so fast, so clever and young.

Liulfr wondered what secrets, if any, the egg held, and if he'd be lucky enough to hear them.

---

Lesleigh - HR Candidate - She/Her - Here

The comfort bled through her, and the young girl could not help but smile; encouragement from others, specially those one felt actually understood, was a great thing. A chance to prove itself... it would come, she was sure of it; the girl felt it was proving itself right there and now, what with interacting with all the candidates.

When the question was turned on her though, the girl seemed to falter. What was she waiting for though? She could start now, and yet... she guessed she was waiting for a sign, a push, a helping or guiding hand to point her in the right direction, or perhaps a teacher, albeit not in the strictest of senses. She wanted to prove herself to her parents, those few that had bullied her at her old home, and most importantly of all... she wanted to prove to herself that she could do it. That despite the limitations placed upon her by life, she could turn a vaguely losing hand of cards into a winning one, not with physical strength, perhaps, but with cunning and a well thought out plan.

After a parting stroke, she once again stood up, and this time, allowed herself to be guided in by the warmth exuded by Be Our Guest . She had been treated spectacularly well by the eggs previously visited; the comfort and protection blanket still lingering like an aftereffect, but given this was her first touching, it was overwhelming, and the warm that lingered around the white-gold egg called to her. She thus leaned down to touch it, offering herself to the soul within, letting it know that she appreciated the warmth. The warmth, slightly reminded her of her own mother, and the woman's shape came to the forefront of her mind's eye. Yes... her mother had always been very nurturing, and Les missed her. She had always willed herself to be like her.

One always tends to get better results with kindness than anger.  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:06 pm
Finnisa - She/Her
Aww, hey now buddy, you can only do what you can do. Finnisa gave Go The Distance another pat, mentally trying to put forth thoughts of contentment and a sort of casual lack of worry. There’s always a chance to disappoint those around you, but as long as you don’t disappoint yourself, right? Just be you, buddy, and you can’t go wrong.

But Finnisa couldn’t stay, and with a wish well, she sidled off to the next egg. There was an energy around You Can Fly! that she didn’t quite share, but neither did she begrudge it. She was just a bit more low key than the more eager eggs. “Sure you’ll be out and about soon enough. Thought much about it? Gonna hatch out all magnificent, or do a flip as you pop out?”  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:45 pm
Haveli she/her - high reaches candidate

For as much as she loved her sister and was willing to do anything for her, there were still certain things that Haveli would not tolerate Arlie doing. Making excuses for her behavior was one of them, as the teen apologized to no one and were she to ever catch her sister trying to smooth things over, there would be enough trouble. "Leave it be, Arlie." Haveli's words were soft with warning but also advice, sort of the only way she really knew how to talk to her sister. Still there was no small amount of pleasure at knowing Arlie would try to help in whatever way she could regardless of if it was unwelcome. "Don't worry about me, I would rather you enjoy your time here."

There was rare honesty in those words as she softly moved her hand from the egg and to her sister's face, gently touching her cheek with a fingertip or toe. "...have you been crying again?" Haveli sounded weary but angry, like she was ready to fight anyone and everyone on those sands in that moment. Her body was nothing important if it came to Arlie, but no one here need know. No one on the sands need care, because if they tried to use Arlie and hurt her....

Anyway. "You're welcome to stay with me, or continue touching as you please. When this is all over we can sit and talk about everything, okay?" There, the rare smile slipped on to her face as she tapped a finger against Arlie's nose. "And no more tears. They are all going to love you."

medigel
sorry haveli really loves arlie

----

Fisher she/her - high reaches candidate

Huuuuh, well. Fisher wasn't sure if she needed to stay or move on but maybe it'd be best to take some steps away. She wasn't too keen on lingering in conversation with an egg and there were many more she needed to touch anyway. "I do get support, yeah, but sometimes it's not the right kind. I'll tell you more about it later? I need to do the rounds like the Bosses told us." Rules and directions were meant to be followed, and she patted the egg the same way one would the head of a child. "Take care, okay?"

With that departure taken care of, Fisher just randomly moved through and touched eggs here and there before coming to a stop at the Poor Unfortunate Souls egg. It wanted to know her problems, her drama, her wants and needs? With a hand on the shell, she let it know. "I'm tired of having to wear shoes all the time, really."  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:32 pm
houllow
Forbidden Forest
Soui might have been rebuffed by the last egg, but this one was not so quick to judge. It seemed to draw her in instead, gently coaxing her to open up, let this egg see everything that's inside your mind. The touch of the infant's mind was cool, but sharp—not unpleasant, but not quite nice either.
Like a scalpel, ready to dissect and learn everything about Soui.

Tsunake
Forbidden Forest
So Lauthisen had some strength, did he? The feeling of being watched by the egg grew as it focused more intently. There was some respect there, that he'd managed to still reject that feeling. Anger could be a powerful motivator after all. For all its cool silence, this egg knew that very well.

Be Prepared
Oh please, Dynzrak, this egg knows all your deepest hidden secrets,
you think it really thinks so much of you? With a mental shove that was still slightly playful, it cut contact with the young man. The egg could have had its fill of cocky, bold candidates—try again another day!

Aukai Oceansoul
Forbidden Forest
Well now. Here was one that brought some confidence to shine a light on this egg’s shell. The presence within regarded Reenav with an eye both critical and respectful. There was still a sour note to what positive vibes it sent, as if it was having a distant, quiet laugh at the boy...but while it watched, it didn’t loom quite so intimidatingly.

Uta
Forbidden Forest
Ah, and here came another interestingly bold one. The egg seemed to lean away from Zyamel slightly, as if to give her a better look over. What use is there in confidence if it comes from something you cannot claim ownership, claim ownership of the action of? The egg withdrew further, though the sensation of being watched, stared at, increased. Was the candidate proud of herself? Or proud of her parents’ creation of her? There was a distinct difference to this egg.

Mr Cheri
Be Prepared
My, just look how well composed this one was. But was there anything of interest, of worth in Fehral? This egg found all that strict, enforced mildness to be mind-numbingly...numbing! Come, come now, boy, at least the rest had some character! This egg just knows there’s more in there...maybe try to show some of it next time? Tsk!

Dea and #Teddy#
Krahsujunth, Colors of the Wind
The blue barely reacted to the mumbled apology of the girl that so swiftly took her leave. She hadn’t done anything wrong, and so was beneath his notice...but...she had been making Baby Mine happy before she left. So as she crossed to another egg of his clutch, the blue paused his gentle nuzzling of the pink egg to spare her a rare, brief glance with an eye of total blue and green. She had done well.

A moment later the presence in the egg swirled up to almost giggle in Zamistia’s ear. Wasn’t its father just the silliest? He was exactly how he was meant to be, and never tried to hide it. A gentle embrace of reassurance from the egg wrapped the girl from head to toe. Don’t worry, you’re doing just fine, the egg whispers. It is good of you to look after those you care about. Zamistia has that in common with the egg’s father, it seems.

Thaliawen
Krahsujunth, Colors of the Wind
Tizenia was spared slightly less of a look than her sister had been, but it was not an unkind one. It seemed that as long as the candidates continued to please his eggs, and made no trouble, the blue did not quite mind them as much as it might seem.

This sister too recieved a fond embrace from the egg. Both siblings together at once! How wonderful! This egg was very proud of its family too. Some might be very different, but they were all important and special. The egg gives her an encouraging nudge, like a breeze to lead her on. There are so many to meet, but no rush either. Stay, rest, if you need to.

demon_pachabel
Be Prepared
The sensation of notice from the egg was like someone sitting high atop a wall and idly flicking pebbles down to tap tap tap atop Martirae’s head. Hmph. Well, this one wasn’t too bad. The egg turned, regarding a bit closer, interest piqued. There was something there, oh yes, inside. Not toally empty, was it? But then, just as with all the rest before, it scoffed and turned away. The egg would not be letting its walls down today, and if you were too meek to climb, then begone!

Felix Felicis
It had been. Like. Two whole minutes since Felix had last had a visitor!! Juhvek was slammed into by the tsunami of pent-up cheer that the little egg had had no one to share with in the last few moments. Oh!! It had thought the ortt was done but it WASN’T and now he was here and wasn’t this just the BEST DAY EVER!? Juhvek should go find more people to visit it, and visit more eggs too! He’s just so amazing, and Felix would hate for any of its siblings to miss out on him!!

Colors of the Wind
Oh Fahn, you are so very kind to worry for it! This little egg is fine though, as content as a tree rippling in the summer breeze. Or. It thinks so. It’s never actually seen a tree, or felt the breeze. Still. It is quite alright, and it thinks you are a good person for wondering after it. A deep well of calm contentment seems to bubble up from the egg, leaving the girl feeling rested and restored, washing away any emotional fatigue from the touching. You’re a very special one, Fahn, it seems to say, and you have helped make today even better for it and its siblings.

When You Wish Upon a Star
Like a gentle wafting cloud, the egg’s mind came to rest against Kinyegele. Oh, today has been a dream! It is meeting so many people and being told such wonderful things. It really wishes she would take it with her. It wants to see so many of those things, it is ready, it thinks, to go. Won’t she take it with her? Or else stay, and tell her every little thing she’s dreaming of? It’s sure no ine would mind...!

tatterpixie
Felix Felicis
Hurt? Oh, on no, not at all!! Tokki would feel the egg’s trembling explode outward. Bounding like a romping canine, the egg’s presence rushed up in a buzzing, sparkling rush of energy to swirl around his form, almost pulsing with vigor and unleashed thrill. How could anything be wrong or bad on a day like this? Wasn’t he excited too? C’mon buddy! This egg knows it'll all be okay!!

So much, Jeri, so much! It yearned to know what was outside its shell, beyond this small dark place! There was almost a brief sour note—the egg didn’t know how much it didn’t know, and it knew it, and yearned to know! Oh, it wanted to meet just the right one, and fly the skies, and fall in love, and— the egg’s mental rambling collapsed into a wistful sigh, almost bittersweet, excited but also impatient for that distant day.

Smerdle
Oh thank you Rykin! It really needed to hear that right now. It was sure it would, but...why did it have to wait? The sense of yearning around the egg was almost painful, and it seemed to shudder slightly, leaning more into the boy’s touch. Ge was so lucky to be out there, not stuck unable to go after whatever his heart desired. Oh, it just wants so badly to start, would anyone really mind?

Avid_RPer18
Felix Felicis
Rahmi didn’t even need to ask! Who wouldn’t be excited, wouldn’t be having just a blast? The egg shivered below his hand, almost humming with barely contained energy. He was having fun too, right? The egg really wanted him to be having fun! It fizzled and popped like bubbly water against his mind, a rush of pure positivity.

Prism Shine
Colors of the Wind
The mind in the egg gently butts up against Ielin‘s, bracing and close. Yes, it is enjoying it very well! So many minds, all different...but all special and important. He is too, the egg hopes he knows. What about him? Is he enjoying it as well? The egg hopes so, for its siblings and cousins as just as wonderful and varied as the candidates. But if he needs a rest, it seems to sigh, he is welcome to linger here as long as needed. The egg doesn’t mind at all.

Shaddaling
Be Prepared
Whren was fiddling with his braid, and so would the egg. The sensation of a tug rippled after the boy touched it, a sharp pay attention! If he was gojng to use his hands it ought to bo for the right thing, like touching the egg! It regarded him cooly, but impatiently—a critical review if ever there was one. No, no, perhaps...no. The intesity of the egg’s review released in a rush as it mentally shooed the boy. Go back to fiddling with your hair, if it means that much more to you than this.

Forbidden Forest
It was a gokd time to reming himself to focus, as the presence in the egg rounded on Rylyrr to leer, a prickling sensation creepig up his spine as the egg judged what it saw. Whatever it thought, it kept it to itself, but it did not seem disinterested in staring longer. Longer. Longer still. Perhaps if he came a bit closer it could see what it was looking for...Yes, do come closer...

houllow
Krahsujunth
The blue barely felt the impact of the wayward candidate stumbling into his bulk. But that was not the point of the problem. Not the greatest grievance. Almost in slow motion, the blue raised his head from where he had been tenderly nosing the egg, to turn, and lower it so one eye, as large as the boy’s own head, came swirling down to stare at eye level. A flicker of red swam through that orb, though it faded to purpled orange a moment later as the egg beside it shifted. Mind your steps, candidate. What if I had been one of the eggs...? There was a threat in the rumbling tone, most certainly. The eye winked blood red again for just a moment before the blue lost all interest, returning to gently nose Baby Mine once more.

No, Yurastar was certainly not a star today in Krahsujunth’s mind.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:02 pm
Soui she/her - western candidate

Soui frowned as she felt something start to dig at her, or at least her mind too in the weird feeling of being picked apart. It was not entirely unpleasant but it wasn't what she'd expected either after all the eggs thus far. The way the sensation was didn't have her wanting to run away thankfully and so she raised an eyebrow as the feeling continued. "Are you honestly that interested in me, or is it just fun to try and pick people apart?" The lessons had told her that the eggs can and will look deep in to people, but to this extent was not part of her expectations. The Forbidden Forest merited a bit longer of a touch, at least until she felt too weird to continue.

- ----

Yurastar he/him - has probably made a mistake leaving western

Yurastar's breath caught in his throat as the blue turned to look at him, eyes whirling so many different colors; he knew the dragon wouldn't hurt him...much, at least not with all these eggs around but that didn't stop him from feeling terror run down his spine. He knew he'd been entirely in the wrong so as quickly as he could he scrambled to his feet, bowing deeply in apology to the dragon before moving away as best he could. Honestly Yurastar was mortified, it might even be better if he just remove himself from the sands and sit in the tiers, but the thought of his mother chewing him out for everything kept that plan from being performed.

Maybe it would be better if he moved towards the edge before going over to the other clutch? Should he just touch as quickly as possible so as to not risk his luck deciding it was done being nice for the day? No, no, he still needed to think positive. No one had gotten hurt and he was nothing but sandy (and a little ashamed) and so Yura decided to keep going. If the blue had wanted him gone he'd have clearly said so, or one of the Queens would have yanked him off, or -

Either way he kept his mind in more happy thoughts territory and stopped to touch the Colors of the Wind egg. Yurastar needed to change his attention back to what mattered most, not about how he was terrified he'd ruin this touching for everyone.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:13 pm
Akaris - She, Western

Unsettled by the presence of the blue, regardless of the mostly-content colors of his gaze, Akaris found herself a bit stuck. There were some lovely eggs here, and others over there, even closer to him, but he was...maybe just a bit too close for comfort for her, no matter how at peace he seemed. And she knew better than to touch any eggs when her thoughts were in a fluttering panic, but it didn't look like he would be going anywhere anytime soon. She could always go and sit in the stands, she knew, but...but she actually did want to touch a few more eggs, after how lovely the first few had been.

Maybe some of Rhianth's clutch...? But even as she started to move that way, the massive Queen moved amongst her eggs to remove one from the rest, and she froze again. For what felt to her like ages, not even caring that someone might notice her just standing there between clutches, she just, well, stood there. She breathed, and watched the gold and her brown, until she was reassured that that had been the extent of the commotion: nothing terrible had happened, or would happen. Although for the moment, that clutch once again stood as more intimidating than Fianth's, Krahsujunth or no, so she drifted back to the hopefully-safe edges of the mostly-pastel clutch, and tentatively set a hand against the distinctly un-pastel Poor Unfortunate Souls Egg. It felt...nice. Nurturing. And if it was willing to hear woes, well, she had no shortage, for all that she had been doing her best to keep them all contained.

The eggs were unexpectedly wonderful, so much so that when she touched them, it became easier to push back her anxiety, but there were reminders everywhere, and it was hard to do this alone. Now that the fear had gained back a foothold, it was hard to do this at all.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:48 pm
Haelwen
Oh shards, what had she stumbled into? Perhaps she should have hung back longer and she wouldn't have got caught up in the crossfire but it was too late for that now. Haelwen felt anger boiling within her mind but she was aware that it wasn't her own, it felt different from any anger she had experienced before. Then, as her hand made contact with the deep red shell not even a moment later, already mid-motion when the wave of anger hit her, she gasped and drew it back just as quickly. She turned her hand over, examining the palm, sure that she should be looking at a bloody mess of a wound but she found nothing. "What is going on?" she asked aloud, still eyeing her hand and waiting for a bite wound to appear. Still, she could feel anger boiling and stepped back from the egg a few paces while shaking her head to try and clear it.

It was so strange to feel so angry and yet have just enough presence of mind to know it wasn't her own. She turned her gaze on the girl who was on the receiving end of a very nasty look from Rhianth and felt the anger bubble closer to the surface. She grit her teeth and clenched her fists, itching to throw a punch. Maybe she should, on behalf of the baby trapped within the egg. Maybe. Obviously that girl had done something to anger both the dragonet and its mother so certainly she would deserve it, right? The anger tried to reason with what was left of Haelwen's own presence of mind and she struggled to maintain control with the powerful anger pulsing through her.

It was by sheer stroke of luck her attention was drawn away from the egg to her twin brother who was milling about the other clutch. She took a deep breath as she watched him press his hand to an egg and held it for a few moments before exhaling and feeling some of the anger drain from her system. After a few more moments Haelwen looked back at the Sectumsempra egg and then up to Rhianth before speaking softly to the baby within the egg. "I am sorry you have been so deeply angered today. I don't know what happened just before I arrived but I hope you will understand that not all of us are the same. I look forward to meeting you on the day of your hatching, little one, and wish you all the best in the meantime." She bowed low to Rhianth, showing respect to her, and her baby once more before stepping away from the clutch to finish calming down and recollecting herself.

It was a good thing she was fairly level-headed and slow to anger otherwise she might have done something she would regret immensely. As it was she stood beside the candidatemasters for a few minutes before she felt calm enough to resume her greetings of the eggs. She saw her brother briefly saying hello to a few but not lingering long Must not be a good match. she thought as she made her way towards Rhianth's clutch once again. No sense in saving them until last just because of one mishap. As she approached she gently pressed the hand that hadn't been bit, or stung, or... something by the Sectumsempra egg to the shells of each egg she passed, opening her mind to them so they could decide if she had what they wanted in a rider. Eventually she came to one that gave her pause and she let her hand rest a bit more solidly upon the shell as she sent a polite greeting to the dragonet within the Avada Kedavra egg.

Hyseren
The young man stared at the You Can Fly!egg in awe as he got a distinct sense that it was asking him when something fun would happen, or perhaps if he would make something fun happen. He smiled brightly at the little egg though he wasn't sure if the baby inside would be able to tell he was doing so, and shook his head laughing a little "Sorry little one but I'm afraid the powers in charge are being very strict this go around. All work and no play at the moment but I am sure once you hatch whomever you choose will make sure to play lots of games with you and take you on all sorts of fun adventures! Or... at least... I would if it was me! I love adventures!" He gave the egg a fond pat before moving on, mindful of the eyes watching him and the reminders they had been given.

He wandered through the eggs lightly touching each in turn and sending warm, happy, excited thoughts to each dragonet until he came to one that seemed to beg just a bit more of his time. He tilted his head curiously but allowed his hand to linger on the shell, gently rubbing the I'll Make A Man Out Of You egg and opening up his mind to the baby within so it could take a good look and see what he had to offer.  

Rian-chan

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:04 pm
Once Upon a Dream Egg
When Keleres touched its shell, the egg gave a happy wriggle. Ah, what an interesting woman... There's a dreamy sort of pleasure in its touch, as if the egg is imagining the sort of life she's lived, the people she's met, the things she's done. She is certain to rise up and do great things... of that this egg is certain! All the trials and tribulations she has overcome is quite impressive, and this egg is pleased to have her among them.
Sweet Symmetry

Baby Mine Egg
The little egg quieted down as soon as Krahsujunth approached. While the egg would have preferred if both its parents had come, the fact that Daddy was now there, and fussing, was enough to get it to settle. The egg sent love laced with worry and concern back to Krahsujunth, along with images of sadness, tears, happiness, and alarm. It was upset! One of the Candidates was upset, or had been upset, and there had been tears, and would Krahsujunth fix it like he fixed all the bad scary things and made them good? There was no doubt to this egg that Krahsujunth could make any Candidate happy, and would do so for this egg.

Ruunan was the target of alarm, but at this point, any nearby Candidate would likely get swept up in the eggs over reaction.
ShinosBee

Sweet Symmatry

Avada Kedavra Egg
At Elyk's touch, the egg seemed to send a sneer back. Upset? This egg was merely irritated by the lack of worthwhile Candidates. And looking at Elyk, this one was just another disappointment. There was nothing but weakness here, and this egg was not interested in the weak, gentle, or insecure. It was wasting its time.
baby_gwing

Avada Kedavra Egg
Arcadin was lingering near its shell. The egg seemed to consider the others words before giving the equivalent of a laugh--though that was almost as unpleasant as the touch that shoved back. How foolish to think that the Candidate needed to offer itself to it. If the egg wished, it could and would, take what it wanted, from who it wanted. It wold not be in its shell forever. As for the rest of the man's thoughts, the egg seems to lose interest and instead, chases that darkness that nearly surfaced.

Yes, death is freedom....but so is pure, unadulterated power. Trust power. Perhaps this egg will grant the man what he so seeks in one form or another.

Dementor Egg
The egg just seems to wilt as Shar touches it. Is anybody really all right? This whole thing is just exhausting. All the positive, all the gooey goodness, and saccharine thoughts. Ugh. It's fake, just as the Candidates are fake, and most of them will wind up rejected anyway. Those that do Impress have a likely chance of death and dying. Is the girl prepared for it because it's going to happen, one way or another.
SilverLutz

Avada Kedavra Egg
Similar to Arcadin, the egg has no problem pushing its will onto the other. At Kahbrohm's answer, the egg gave a harsh laugh. No limits? Then why on Pern was the boy a Candidate? Dragon riding was filled with nothing but limitation. Limited time. Limited freedom. Limited responsibility based on the color of one's dragon IF they Impressed. Someone always higher up making the calls. Nothing but routine, order, and only a little chaos during Threadfall. If Kahbrohm wanted a life without limits, he'd be better off somewhere else.
demon_pachabel

Perfect Isn't Easy Egg
Smart? Of course this egg was smart! The smartest, really, no matter what anyone says. Shanley was wise to call this egg lovely, and should continue to do so. It was the best egg, and demanded to know more about how wonderful it happened to be. Shanley would tell the world, wouldn't she?
Thaliawen

You'll Be In My Heart Egg
Dekha's touch was met much the same way as others. The being within the egg was not rough, but it was wary, and the boy would get the distinct sensation of being stared at... like someone, or something, was watching it where he could not see. There was a soft touch, and perhaps a flicker of curiosity--or maybe that was just his imagination--before the being within once again pulled away.
Tsunake

Dementor Egg
Orri's hand against it just seems to make the egg even more exhausted. If the Candidate didn't want to add to the problem, then they could kindly remove their hand and quit thinking about water around it. It has no interest in swimming. Does it know how many people drown during a Turn? How many incidents happened at that Hold of his, anyway... because this egg is pretty sure if someone hasn't drowned there yet, they will someday. How unpleasant.
medigel

Fianth
The gold dragon would watch, eyeing the Candidates, pausing now and then to look at a particular egg and those around it. She wanted to make sure all of her eggs were getting the attention and love they so deserved, but also didn't want them crowded. Her own eyes almost whirled yellow when Yurastar ran right into Krahsujunth and then fell backwards...

Oh. Oh he could have fallen on one of her eggs! But.... But perhaps the boy would be more mindful and careful. Yes, her beloved blue was taking care of things beautifully, but she could sense that he seemed a bit upset. Embarrassed perhaps? Be well. You are still welcome here and the mishap was purely an accident. You did no harm, and are welcome to continue to mingle. While the eggs were frail, they were more sturdy than they had been when she'd first laid them.

Akaris also caught her eye. Her maternal instinct was strong, and the happier the Candidates, the happier her eggs. So the queen sent a wave of gentle tenderness and soothing encouragement. Be well and at peace. No harm will come to anyone this day. Not on this gold's watch!

In fact, all the Candidates standing near or around Fianth's eggs would likely get a strong wave of pride and affection. The queen had all been oozing it since her Flight and it had only gotten worse. If any needed a wing to rest under, Fianth was there. If any of her eggs needed a little tender care, the golden queen was more than happy to provide.

Sectumsempra
Kronoseth reached over to nose fondly at Rhianth, before turning down to gently chuff and nose his fierce little egg.

The egg continued to fuss even with Rhianth near. It stabbed at its mother, stabbed at its father, stabbed, stabbed, stabbed. But eventually, now that there was nothing but two warm bodies between it, the egg's temper did begin to wane....See? It was fierce. It won. Take that, world.
Mr Cheri

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces