Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:21 am

Ada was delighted when Tosk sat down next to her. "Hey you," she said warmly, her rasping voice nevertheless carrying the real affection she felt for the lad. "I'm doing fine, Tosk. How are you feeling? Your friend seems to be in good shape down there." For indeed Ada was well aware that Orryxa was, at minimum, Tosk's friend. To say that she and O'dyn had (tensely) discussed the matter at length was an understatement. That was quite a tangle, but Tosk was not to be held responsible for it. "What does Ussurianth think of all of this?" she inquired.

Meanwhile Myrrath was utterly overjoyed by Ansheth's appearance. Hearts of my hearts, she crooned, cuddling beneath his wing. Her eyes whirled a happy blue-violet. She was, it seemed, utterly oblivious to the drama unfolding on the Hatching Sands and in the Stands. Certainly the babies seemed so healthy! Wasn't that a good sign? So many beautiful babies. Ah, if only... but a green could never hope to be a clutchmother.

---

"That may be, but this won't take long," Tristram assured the pair. Taking out a sterile needle and thread, the trauma healer made short work of sewing up the wound. The more it was exposed, the worse off Aelyx would be. The danger was not so much in this injury itself, but in the possibility of infection or that it might worsen with movement. Although he had every hope that Aelyx would be cautious, one never knew what dragonets might have in mind. When he had finished sewing the wound up, Tristram tied it off, and wiped it down with a swab covered in redwort for good measure.

If only they could give instructions and hope that they might be followed. "Avoid movement if possible. If not possible, please be sure to report to the Infirmary at your earliest convenience. If it reopens, let us know." It had been well tended, but that did not mean there could not be accidents. Tristram cleaned the needle carefully and stored it in a small bag intended for that very purpose.

---

For her part, Orry was equal parts fascinated and horrified by the events as they unfolded. The babies seemed to be mostly behaving themselves for the time being, but who knew how long that would hold? With the Green Pink Striped green stalking among the Candidate ranks, Orryxa was not convinced that everything was safe and sure. "Poor baby," she said, watching the little green as her white Papa came in for the assist. "But I'm sure the little queen didn't mean for any of this to happen." Not that anyone had implied that. That the gold might come their way... "Uhm. Oh, I don't know. Do you think she will?" So much was happening all at once and it was a little overwhelming.

Sweet Symmetry
houllow
MaraRune
Uta
Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:27 am
Nashwa - she/her

"My style? Hmmm..." Nashwa gave the question its due consideration rather than answer hastily, though she did indeed know the answer without having to think about it. It was just that the answer would have seemed rude or dismissive if given too quickly or with the wrong phrasing. "I don't think I have one, truly, at least not when it comes to dragon colors."

If a dragon wanted her, she would be here for it, and it was as simple as that. Perhaps it helped that in all her time as a Candidate, she had yet to connect with an egg or hatchling in particular, and so was saved the suspense and longing of wanting that one, of hoping desperately for it.

The aforementioned dragons, meanwhile, were starting to mingle more, so perhaps soon some among their number would no longer be living in suspense.

Uta

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 am
Rykin

With the red-eyed hatchlings calmer for now, Rykin went back to concentrating on the smattering of chromatics that were making their personalities known, especially the little Rose green. He loosely crossed his arms as he watched Baihath approach and help his daughter, the man's more closed off body language a warning to himself not to help.

He really wanted to help.

Brenley

In between watching the dragons, Bren took a peek or two at Keleres as well, finding her reactions just as interesting as the hatchlings. When the Rose green was pushed by her golden sister, he finally stopped analyzing and took notice as Baihath and Khamaith stepped up to tend to her.

"I think she will be." He tried to sound soothing, but his tone still held a tinge of its usual monotony. "Her mother would be more frantic if she was seriously hurt. Maybe."

The Tribal Green bronze caught his eye next, and Brenley's focus stayed with him and Rundanrul until the little dragon huffed in the boy's face and wandered off.

"I... hm." He would not think negative thoughts. He would not think negative thoughts. He would not think negative thoughts. Bren watched the little queen instead, all confidence and sass. "I don't think she meant it. The gold, I mean. A strong queen is good, right?"

Sweet Symmetry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:32 am
Rian - she/her - HR

Rian found herself so absorbed by the rose green's plight that she was caught off-guard by being bumped into, stumbling a bit herself before managing to find her balance again. "It's alright," she told him, because honestly, a little clumsiness wasn't a problem, especially not when you were trying to stay clear of a particularly angry-looking dragonet.

"They'll find Theirs when they're ready to, but I'm sure they will," she agreed with both her unexpected new companions-for-the-moment, then beamed. "Well... some might take a little longer than others, especially the ones that are avoiding people entirely," like butterfly bronze, who as far as she had seen was still tucked away back underneath the remains of his shell. "But they'll get around to it!"

She paused, looking over at the gold a bit longingly --- of course she would, who wouldn't? --- but the little gold would find her perfect match, whoever it was, and Rian wasn't going to begrudge anyone anything. Besides, she was... more worried about rose green, right now. "My hope is that there aren't any more injuries for them; I hate that we can't do anything even though I know how important it is not to step in." Important not to, dangerous to do so, but that little green had been so unhappy that it tore at her heart anyway.

"They're all so pretty, though, aren't they? And charming!" Glancing in the direction of the purple glitter blue, she couldn't help but smile. "...And some of them definitely know it, look at how proud he is of himself!"

Uta

demon_pachabel

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:33 am

Although Baihath had managed to get Rose's wing free, it hung limply at her side. For all the pain that this clearly caused the little green, she did not seem inclined to take it out on anyone. Thank you, Papa, Rose said, cuddling up to Baihath for a long moment, before directing her attention at last to the Candidates. Maybe... maybe it was time, or close to time. At least she needed to see what Candidates might suit.

If she was a bit tentative about it, it was only because Green Pink Striped green was still raging among the Candidates. ... And it was clear that the dragonet was blatantly ignoring those who called out to her in favor of flaring up in anger at Yellow Striped brown, who still wouldn't budge. Rose didn't quite feel ready to approach that group, so instead she walked laboriously toward one of the farther clusters, her wing dragging alongside her.

Purple Galaxy blue gave a scoffing snort. Who did Purple Glitter think he was? Surely no one had ever cast their gaze upon a more handsome, more lovely, or more deserving blue than he himself? Was he not splendor embodied? Pay no heed to my brother - he has no class and no taste. Purple Galaxy, on the other hand, might as well be the Avatar of Sophistication!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:35 am
Ara | Western | she/her

Ara's mind was filled with wordless delight when purple glitter rubbed against her like an affectionate...er...dragon, she supposed. It didn't change her delight one iota that his words made it quite clear what she was experiencing wasn't affection. It was showing off. In a human, Ara would have maybe disapproved of such a blatant display, based on her own upbringing, but she'd also been raised to know her place, and the relative places of those around her. She knew that this blue was a magnificent being whose preening was warranted.

"You are wonderful," she assured him. And then, because he'd mentioned it specifically, Ara glanced toward his tail. Not being a connoisseur of dragon appendages, she couldn't tell if it was truly special or not by dragon standards, but it definitely looked like a very good tail. "I like your tail."

Uta
Purple Glitter mention

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:39 am
Zhaydegan

"There are. It's like, once one of them knows what's out here, they all want a piece. Who wouldn't want to stand in the middle of this?" It was a genuine question. Anyone who would turn down a chance to be on the Sands for a hatching could only be considered a fool!

He turned a little, so he could get another look at all the dragonets that could be sseen. "I think ..." No, not the brown, he looked too comfortable, even with his sister going to try to chase him to his feet. Not the poor injured little green, sweet girl. Not...

"Tht one," he said, pointing to the bronze now inspecting candidates. "Now that he's calmed down, I don't think anything's going to stop him from finding His." He grinned at Savindri. "What about you?"

Meepfur

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:40 am
Baihath

Of course! I love you. He crooned, gently nuzzling Rose for as long as she wanted to, his eyes a steady whirling purple. When she finally pulled away, he watched her go, resisting the urge to make a worried noise at the sight of her poor wing. Carefully, Baihath made his way back to Khamaith and Turoth, though gave some friendly nudges and chirps to Candidates along the way. Chin up! They could all play together later!

He continued to watch the rest of their children with bright eyes, admiring each and every one of them. So beautiful! So bright!

Oooooh! Once more, Teal Glow's excitement was infectious, and Baihath sent a wave of admiration and delight for his son's discovery. Best day!

Mr Cheri

Uta

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:42 am
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

Aelyx nodded to the Healer once her wound was stitched up, "....I'll do my best! I'm just planning on standing still unless the Dragonets have other idead." Gently, she stood up, slowly. Weight was barely on it, but the woman nodded. It would be fine now, "Thank you both." Now, back in to the fray of the Candidates to watch.

houllow

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:42 am
Matotoka

It seemed all of his talk aimed out at the little babies had been overheard, and Matotoka offered Heleste a smile. "I've been talking to them!" he explained, gesturing with both hands out towards the roaming babies. "I mean, I'm sure I could have just thought my thoughts to them, but...out loud is nice too," since he had that option!

"Matotoka," he added, patting one open hand on his chest in introduction.

Faesinger

-----

Josen

He couldn't help but frown as the little green began to roam with her one wing looking not so great for her adventures of the day. Josen itched to take a look at it. "She's a tough little gal," he noted. "Hope she finds who she's looking for soon," though, biasedly, Josen couldn't help but think Serrekhar would have been just the right person.

Even if he was a big oaf. Hmph.

Tsunake

----

Kadosse

Even though she'd all but written off the gold, Kadosse enjoyed what the baby had to say - Yes! There were lots of cute boys! Kadosse knew all about the cute boys! In fact, if there hadn't been baby dragons to admire and coo over, that was exactly who Kadosse WOULD have been looking at. The cute boys. Sigh.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Spockat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:49 am
Sivu - [He/Him] - Western Weyr
There, oh good, the little greens smaller father had helped her. While it wasn't a patch job on that hurt wing - it was a little better than being caught - and he could breathe a sigh of relief for them. He caught up on the scene in from of him that had felt paused with anxiety. A blue snapping.. a footwear he looked at his own sandals, they certainly were not the height of fashion. Perhaps he ought to keep his toes where he could see them.

Loctius - [He/Him] - Western Weyr
Well that one green didn't look happy. They really didn't seem to like that their brother was lazing about. Hopefully she could forgive her brother for being a bit of a comfortable lay about? Another green holding her wing now freed...ouch. Poor little dear. The blues on the sands made him think of his own bright blue firelizard Capek with a small rush of joy. The clutch was beautiful, and looked strong as they moved across the sands.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:50 am
Eliaza

Eliaza didn't squeak again. Once seemed like more than enough. For now, at least. She did turn wide eyes to Alisaide, though. Was that a possibility? Eventually the gold would have to choose Hers, of course, but: "Do you think she might?" She looked toward the gold again. Obviously some of the others had wandered among -- and over -- other candidates, but to come and visit?

Okay, forget it. She squeaked again and tightened her grip on Alisaide's hand as the gold did, in fact, head toward them.

"It's. She's!" Eliaza reported, because those were the words that squeezed out through her suddenly tightening throat again.

then she was there, the gold was right there, leaning against them both, and Eliaza was frozen. For a second. For ten. Before she was absolutely not going to miss the opportunity and she pulled her hand from Alisaide's so she could put both of hers on that beautiful golden hide and scritch. Little finger curls. Scritch, scritch. The next look she gave Alisaide was one of bright-eyed, open-mouthed awe. No words. Not yet. There would be words. Probably.

Zaikt

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:54 am
Dextelia-High Reaches-She/Her

Once the white dragon helped little Rose get her leg free of her wing Dextelia let out a breath she hadn't realized she had been holding in. The little green was still hurt and she hope she would find Hers soon, it was clear she needed help with her wing. Once more there was the urge to go forward to try and help in some way but that wasn't what you were supposed to do and the parents didn't seem worried about betweening which meant she wasn't in too much danger...right?

The excitement of one of the blues had Dextelia turn her attention there and she smiled softly. It was almost infectious the type of energy and happiness that he was giving off.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:55 am
Savindri - he/him

"He does look like he's on a mission," Savindri agreed, before sweeping his gaze over all the options. "Maybe that little green? At least, I hope she does, poor thing. She could do to have that wing looked at, and get some love."

What an awful first day the poor dear had had! Surely someone out here could make it better, and get her the tending she needed and deserved. It had hurt to have to watch her struggle, but rules were rules for a reason, and at least Baihath had been there to take care of it for her.

Samuel Carlin

Elibrie - she/her

"The poor thing, though," Elibrie fretted. "That has to hurt!" And she could only imagine the possible hurt feelings, too. It was the fledgling Queen's right, of course, but Elibrie would have been heartbroken to be pushed away by family. Understanding, after all, as in her case she would deserve it, but it would hurt no less. She leaned into Oranie again, tamping down in the melancholy that wanted to snake up. These babies deserved good, happy thoughts, and she would not give them anything less than they deserved.

Several were starting to work their way through the Candidates, so she took a deep breath and stood up straight again, mustering a small smile for the precious new dragons.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

Meepfur
Crew

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:01 am

Tribal Green Bronze paused as he looked through the Candidates, stepping away from all the girls, and hardly giving the boys a second-glance. Surely, there had to be someone right for him. Thankfully, that someone wasn't far ahead.

Moving deliberately over, the bronze dragon pushed Savindri well out of the way. This was his moment, thank you, and he would not be trifled with! Instead, he leaned fully into Zhaydegan, gazing up at him as his eyes went from a dull orange-red to bright, shining, rainbow.

You're quite right, ZhaydeganMine. I wasn't going to stop until I'd find exactly what I needed--and what I need is you. For all the confidence and haughtiness he might have displayed, for His there was nothing but genuine love, pride, and adoration. Surely, the boy wouldn't turn him away, would he? Now come. Your Manahahtath has had a dreadfully long day, and I want nothing more than the finest cuts of meat, and the best oil Pern has to offer. Let's get away from the rabble, shall we?

Nothing had gone right up until now... but at least he was the first Impressed. A good sign for things yet to come.

User Image

Samuel Carlin

Meepfur
Sorry Savindri. mad

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games