Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Hey, Mom....What's for supper?? [The Recipe Thread] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey Mom!
  What'd joo cook me?
  Don't bother to get up...I'll make my own!
  Eat? Why eat?
View Results

Alucard76

2,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:44 pm
bump  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:35 am
Alucard76
bump

one thing DONT FRICKEN BUMP IDIOT and second thing WTF BUMP A STICKY!  

HACK-Jane

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:06 am
squee_moon
Alucard76
bump

one thing DONT FRICKEN BUMP IDIOT and second thing WTF BUMP A STICKY!
Flaming's against the rules, too wink (though I'm with you on the last point xD)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:18 pm
Yummy rice stuff mix

Ingredients:

2 cups of rice
1 packet of skinless/boneless chicken breast
broccoli or corn
1 or 2 cans of either cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup
(mushroom if you use broccoli and chicken if its corn)
shredded cheese!

First you need to cook the rice follow the directions on the box for that. While the rice is cooking start cutting up the chicken into small bite size pieces and start cooking them in a frying pan. Once the rice and chicken is done drain the chicken, then mix the chicken up into the rice. After that add vegetables, soups which ever you choose and some of the shredded cheese. Cover the whole mix and let it cook on the stove for alittle bit. Then there ya go Yummy rice stuff.  

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Toast Of Legend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:05 pm
I've had to make my own dinner for the past couple of years for many reasons, one being my mother doesn't know a potato from a sasquatch. the other being that i was kicked out of my parents house in the 9th grade. and finally the meal plan at my college is way the hell to expensive. so i've learned many inexpensive and easy recipes the best being a savory herb chicken breast.

Any amount of thawed chicken breasts (I usually make 6)
Italian dressing (i use wishbone)
ground ginger
parsley flakes
basil flakes
any type of chicken rub made for grilling outdoors (mesquite flavoring is the best)

1. preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
2. marinade the chicken breasts in the italian dressing overnight
3. remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle chicken grill rub and ground ginger over chicken
4. massage rub and ginger into chicken breasts
5. sprinkle parsley and basil over the chicken. be careful not to overdo it, a little can go a long way.
6. place chicken on a shallow roasting pan and place in oven for about 30 min. or until chicken is cooked all the way through.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:03 am
Me and my mum usually makes dinner during the weekend.
This was what we made for last Saturday.

Oriental risotto with chicken, beef, and shrimp
serves at lest 4
time of preparation 15 min
cooking for at least 45 min

Ingredients

1/3 cup(90ml) extra-virgin olive oil
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in thin strips
1 leek, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
8 oz (250 g) beef, cut in thin strips
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 and 3/4 cups (350g) long-grain rice
1 cup(150g) frozen peas
3 cups (750ml) chicken stock, (homemade or bouillon cube), boiling
10 oz (300g) shrimp (prawn) tails, shelled and deveined
2 large eggs
Soy sauce, to serve

Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Saute the chicken until tender and cooked, 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and saute the leek and garlic until transparent, about 3 minutes.
Add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Saute until the beef is lightly browned, 6-8 minutes.
Add the chicken mixture, rice, peas, and stock. Stir well, then cover over low heat until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Add the shrimp 3 minutes before the rice is ready.
Add the eggs, stirring until they are cooked and firm.
Serve hot with the soy sauce passed separately.  

Lee Jin Xing

Ruthless Hunter

9,325 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100

SirBob3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:56 pm
[admn]
I wouldn't mind Ramen. xd *goes Naruto about Ramen* Man, now I'm hungry. *goes in search of food*
Mmmmm.... Yum.... RAMEN..... I wish you could still black out avatars =(  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:36 am
my fav is chicken salad:

boneless skinless grilled chicken cut up with mayo chopped up almonds and chunks of fresh grapes! smile  

lizzilicious

Acid4Crying

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:58 pm
I envy you that you can make your own hamburgers last time I cooked was a boiled egg and got burned my the water but then I left and forgot about it and then the water got all vaporised and the eggs blew allover the kitchen xd after that I was not allowed in the kitchen  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:22 pm
User Image
I have bad eating habits. gonk
I've mostly been having rice with beans and chicken and if it's not that then it's junk food like pizza, burgers and tacos. gonk It's so good and bad at the same time. crying

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

wolfpriest101

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:32 pm
Woot I dug into my old recipe book from when I went to Japan and I found one my old Ramen recipes:

Here is very basic recipe for "Shouyu Ramen(Soy base soup)
enough for 3~4 people

For the soup:
Boil water in a large pot. Simmer at least 4 hours,
2 lbs chicken bones, cleaned and cut in large pieces
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 inches ginger, peeled
1 carrot, peeled
a bunch of green onions, cleaned
1 onion, peeled
Skim often and strain.

For the sauce:
Saute in thick bottomed pot(ideally cast iron) over high heat,
2~3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 inch ginger, peeled and sliced
3~4 green onions, cleaned
When the vegetables are starting to brown, add
2 lbs pork loin, uncut
turn it to brown on all sides and add,
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tbs white wine
3~4 cups chicken stock to cover the meat

Noodles:
Use any type of Ramen noodles you can buy from the store just dispose of the flavoring. Cook ramen in boiling water then drain em.

Add all the above in a big bowl and eat up  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:37 pm
Also found a big list of my sushi recipes.

*please look into learning on how to make sushi before doing these recipies, you could get very sick or food poisoned if you do not know what your doing!*

~Disclaimer I Am Not Responsible In Any Way If You Get Sick Or Injured While Making Sushi Please Look Into Cooking Sushi Correctly And Finding Healthy And Clean Fish Meat!~

Spicey Tuna Roll

300gr vinegared sushi rice
2-3 nori sheets
150Gr of Tuna filet
Avocado
spicy mayo sauce

The following recipe is suitable for both classic type rolls and Inside Out rolls.

The reason I mentioned Chili mayonnaise in the ingredients section, although I usually mention the sauces that go along with the dish at the end of the recipe, is because this sauce is an integral part of the dish - and it is very recommanded to also serve it next to the dish to make it even extra hot - if one is up to it!

Let's begin by cutting the tuna to 3cm thick, and 15cm long strips. Roll it with the avocado in the method you have chosen- classic or I/O, and cut.

After cutting, put a tiny drup of Chili mayonnaise ontop of each piece, and it's ready to go.

Enjoy!

No More Occupation

2-3 nori sheets
150Gr of Tuna filet
Avocado
Chili mayonnaise

The following recipe is suitable for both classic type rolls and Inside Out rolls.

The reason I mentioned Chili mayonnaise in the ingredients section, although I usually mention the sauces that go along with the dish at the end of the recipe, is because this sauce is an integral part of the dish - and it is very recommanded to also serve it next to the dish to make it even extra hot - if one is up to it!

Let's begin by cutting the tuna to 3cm thick, and 15cm long strips. Roll it with the avocado in the method you have chosen- classic or I/O, and cut.

After cutting, put a tiny drup of Chili mayonnaise ontop of each piece, and it's ready to go.

Enjoy!

American Salmon

100cc of vinegared rice
2-3 nori sheets
150Gr of Salmon filet
Avocado
cucumber

Sorry guys, but this recipe is for inside out sushi roll only. So if you have yet to purchase the skills needed to make an inside out roll, please roll out to the manual.

American salmon is one of the most astonishing dishes you can find in sushi bars, although not so much difficult to make. This dish is so unique do to the fact that the roll is surrounded by the fish instead of being filled with it making it some kind of a fusion between maki sushi and nigiri sushi. In this recipe I allowed myself to pick my favorite ingredients, but the filling my vary according to your own good taste. you can even add zucchini or slices of pumpkin of you are in to that kind of stuff...

Roll the nori as you normally would have done, with the avocado and cucumber inside. Don't mind the fact the it's not rich filled on the inside - because when your finished, the outside of the roll is going to make the most impression.

Topping time - Just before you cut the endings of the roll, slice your salmon filet into half an inch thik, 2.5 inch long layers, and lay them tight next to each other on top of your roll until the entire top of your roll is covered with salmon. Use your rolling matt to tight the salmon firmly to the top of your roll, and cut.

Best served with Soy and/or Tariaki souce.

Enjoy!

California Roll

2-3 nori sheets
100gr Imitation crab stiks (Surimi)
Avocado
Cucumber

California roll sushi is basiclly, a "softer" version of the spider roll. It is made with Imitation crab sticks instead of real crab which makes it easier to make, cheaper to buy, and some would say tastier.

Take half a nori sheet, and cover with rice - 1cm high. Flip the nori so that the rice is facing down and start placing the filling for the california roll. Firsrt line up the crab sticks: in pairs or singles - depends how thik you want the roll to be. Next to it, line up a 2-3cucumber stiks. And on top of both crab and cucumber stiks, put a large slice of avocado.

Make sure all ingridients are equal in size and position, and roll. Afterwards, you might want to sprinkle some sesame seeds on top for decoration, either dark or light sesame goes well.

Served with soy sauce.

Enjoy!

Unagi Roll

2-3 nori sheets
200gr Eel (Unagi)
cucumber

Making Unagi sushi is actually pretty simple. It is a classic, or inside out roll of sushi containing unagi (eel), and slices of cucumber . Some people enjoy thier unagi with fried eel, some like it raw, so it is basicly up to you to decide.

Spread the cooked rice on top of the nori sheet. Put in slices of cucumber, and line up slices of eel. Roll , and cut.

Enjoy!

Tobiko Sushi With Quail Egg Yolk

100gr vinegared sushi rice
1 nori sheet
4 fresh eggs
120gr Tobiko (flying fish roe)

First thing you got to do is cut the nori to long strips of nori, that will soon cover the tobiko sushi. Now, take a half-handful of rice, and shape it to a 4cm high cylinder, with a 6cm diameter.

This rice cylinder is now the base of your sushi, make it tight, it should hold a bit of weight later on when we put the rest of the ingredients.

Wrap a strip of nori around the rice cylinder, creating a space above the rice, surrounded by nori. Fill half of that space with a full table spoon of tobiko. The other half, fill with a fresh egg yolk - be careful not to break it.

You may want to add a drop or two of soy sauce before serving.

Enjoy!

Boston Roll

2-3 nori sheets
20 small shrimps
Avocado
cucumber
50gr Tobiko (flying fish roe)

First thing first, slice to avocado and cucumber into long slices. Spread the rice on the nori sheet, and add the avocado and cucumber you have precutted, and line up some shrimps in too. Roll it inside-out style and cut the endings, but leave the rest whole for now. Use a little spoon to carfully spread some Tobiko on the roll. You can cover the intire roll with it, or just the top side - it's your call.

Now you can cut, and enjoy your Boston roll.

Enjoy!

Dragon Roll

2-3 nori sheets
10 medium size shrimps
1/2 cup Tempura
1 Avocado
1 Cucumber (long and even)
50gr Tobiko (flying fish roe)
50gr BBQed eel

First thing first, mix the tempura with a little bit of water and stir until combined to a think even mixture. Cut off shrimp tails, and dip the shrimps, one by one, in tempura mixture and deep fry for about 30 sec or until the outside gets golden-brownish.

Tip - leave one shrimp for each roll with the tail uncut to place sticking out of the roll's rear as if it was the dragon's tail.

Slice the cucumber into long slices, and use a peeler to peal thin avocado layers.

Spread the rice on the nori sheet, and flip it over the mat so that the rice is now facing upwards. Lay the avocado the cucumber stiks you have precutted, and line up some tempura shrimps and on top of that slices of eel. Roll it inside-out style and cut the endings, but leave the rest whole for now.

Elegantly, cover the top of the roll with the layers of avocado you made with the peeler, and use the bamboo matt to tighten it to the roll.

Use a little spoon to carefully spread some Tobiko on the roll. You can cover the intire roll with it, or just the top side - it's your call.

Now you can cut, and reline the roll in a shape of a dragon. You can use your imagination to create dragon eyes from tobiko, and dragon antennas from carrot stiks.

Best served with teriyaki sauce on top, and soy sauce aside.

Enjoy!  

wolfpriest101

MrFropalopagus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:32 am
DragonSlayingDeamon
I envy you that you can make your own hamburgers last time I cooked was a boiled egg and got burned my the water but then I left and forgot about it and then the water got all vaporised and the eggs blew allover the kitchen xd after that I was not allowed in the kitchen
hamburgers arent that hard u just need raw beef a grill and th eoptional ketchup lettuce tomatoe chez and onionz  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:35 am
i messed this one up but i call it garden eggs

2+ eggs

lettuce

cherry tomatoes or diced tomatoes (for cherry tomatoes do 4+how many eggs ur doing example: i have 2 eggs i hav 6 tomatoes i hav 1000000000000 i have 1000000000004 tomatoes

butter/olive oil (i like butter taste good)

1 pepper

2 apples (optional)

honey (optional)

1.butter up the pan or olive oil w/e at 7

2.dice pepper

3.slice apples

4.seperate the eggs

5. scramblem!!!!
twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted

6.after the eggs are mostly scrambled put the lettuce cherry/diced tomatoes pepper and DO NOT that means DONT PUT THE APPLES IN I'LL TLL U THAT L8R

7.let them cook a tiny bit preferably 2 min

8.pute the apples in a bowl like this

l /
-- --
/ l

9. pour honey in the middle u see now fresh ready for eatin apples ready for honey dippin (it does taste rly good)

honey (: dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama  

MrFropalopagus

Alfredo11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:37 pm
I have no good recipies, however I have memorized how to make instant ramen!  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff