Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Get phunkeh thread!! woo baby!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18335 18336 18337 18338 18339 18340 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We need a new poll...
  Yes we do!
  No... we really don't
  Um... Gold?
View Results

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:58 pm
Does anybody ever really know what time it is? Does anybody really care? xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:03 pm
well we're innocent enough Yuki, innocent enough xd

*looks over at aretoo and with a straight face* the time is 1:03PM here  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:12 pm
*snicker* mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:15 pm
True enough Sanzo. biggrin

This question just poped into my head...What defines innocence(sp?)? Is it by what we know and do not know? Is it by what we have or have not done? Ha! Just curious if anyone was interested in anwsering a question like this, I know you will Sanzo, your insight goes quite far from what I can tell. mrgreen  

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:18 pm
Tool Time?  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:23 pm
xd My insight is a lot of circling. I actually have problems wording myself sometimes because while I may have a wonderful thought, I sometimes have problems expressing it. I'm not as articulate as I would like to be. And there are so many people far smarter than me in this guild who I envy for being so capable of expressing themselves.

Anyway as to the question, I think innocence can be defined in multiple ways. To a certain degree a lack of knowledge does seem to define innocence. Look at the story of creation, Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden for eating from the Tree of Knowledge. I have huge issues with this interpretation of innocence for reasons that don't need to be explored here. I personally see innocence as what you have done, are willing to do, and have seen. Someone who has seen the horrible things in life can't be as innocent as someone who hasn't because that innocence they originally had has been ripped from them. To me there is a huge difference between knowing about something and experiencing it, and experiencing it sometimes kills innocence. Actions also are a huge factor in innocence. Obviously someone who murdered someone is nowhere near as innocent as someone who has never harmed another living soul. As for the last bit, someone who is truly innocent would never dream of harming someone, they would never be willing to do harm. At least... that's my interpretation.

EDIT: ROLAND! *smexes* hiya  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:24 pm
Sanzosmex counter: 42 xd

*is a bit distracted with hosting about 60 sprite sheets for Rica*  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 pm
I am trying very hard to sound intelligent right now. xd  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:36 pm
The funny thing is, the harder one tries to SOUND intelligent, the worse it usually goes. smile Just be yourself, Sanzo, you're plenty intelligent on your own merits. 3nodding

Mmmmm... aretoo's having a Fruitista with his Taco Bell... which, of course, is Mexican in the same way the Eiffel Tower is, say, Greek. lol  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:37 pm
I believe you don't give yourself enough credit, but if we went into that we would be saying that people who did give themselves credit all the time would be considered narcisitic.....anyway back to the question I asked....I agree. I believe that innocence is defined more by what you know as well as what a person has done, or who has had something done to them thus still having the experience.

I asked this question because there has been many times where I believe I am not considered innocnet on some subjects beacue I know quite alot about them but I have never personally experienced them. But there are those I know who think the opposite. They believe that I am still very innocent because I have never had the personal experience no matter what knowledge I have of the topic. I find this to be judgmental, that and I don't like being called a innocent baby just because I have chosen not the participate in certain activities that most my age give into trying. I will not apologize for not conforming to idiotic ways of a mundane society.

Ah I love ranting....lol mrgreen  

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:38 pm
I usually fail in sounding intelligent anyway so I'm not too worried about it. I always am in shock when my professors make comments about me being smart, I'm like "have you HEARD me talk? Because if you really had I don't think you would be saying that"

@Yuki I'm actually considered one of the most innocent of my friends because I'm still a virgin and all that. Personally I'm okay with that. I'm not going to apologize for who I am and they don't expect me to. It works out pretty well for us.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:42 pm
I get that from my professors too but it takes the form of them saying I seem very experienced, personally I think it is just because I am a good observer and know how to analyze and conve what I have seen. And yet some many others think I am too innocent for my age. I don't understand it! why can't I just be one or the other xp

Edit: Thats one of those things too. You see I am not a virgin anymore and yet I am still considered the baby! The only one that doesn't believe that is my boyfriend, hehe, but I don't think he counts. 4laugh  

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:43 pm
Well... I guess, in a way, you both could be right... There's absolute innocence, where one hasn't been exposed to "the evils of the world", as it were, and practical innocence, or informed innocence, where one knows ABOUT the "evils", and makes the conscious choice to not participate in said activity, and stopping one's knowledge at that point. *shrug* ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:47 pm
*hugs aretoo* Yeah, I believe that is exactly what we are trying to say. 3nodding  

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:50 pm
I think no one is one or the other, people are a combination of things. That's why I like Buddhism and Eastern practices so much. They very rarely see things as black and white and the truth is hardly anything ever is black and white. The world is full of gray, life is gray and a person can be experienced about the world and still be innocent about other things.

@aretoo Honestly I find it frustrating when innocence seems to be tied with lack of knowledge. I see innocence as a good thing and something which people strive to be, to a certain degree at least, and yet that requires people not strive for knowledge. I'm fairly convinced that stems for the early days of Christianity and the Catholic church's obsession with controlling the masses.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18335 18336 18337 18338 18339 18340 ... 20188 20189 20190 20191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games